[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Is this some elaborate plan to make us all ragequit or something? O_O Cuz yall just took a giant dump on this game.

>,> just for heaven tear... and all their stuffz shall belong to meee b:thanks b:chuckle
    *opens stall up with a banner saying accepting donations, but send it to mail cuz I don't have enough inventory space ty.*
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    franki...ur a hopeless dolt...end thread

See, this is an ad homenim attack, and exactly what I'm talking about.
  • LEFTSIDE - Lost City
    LEFTSIDE - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dear god wth is wrong with pwi's game chat now. it looks like if i took a **** and wrapped it up in a blanket and gave it to a ****ing afghan to molest for 3 hours and then someone ran it over with a tractor trailer. GG
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ****, stop replying to every thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    He said no bub.
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ****, stop replying to every thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm not saying it was the TW only that raised gold, but it sure helped. Plus, that takes time to flood the game with coins. It wasn't an overnight thing.

The packs, imo, were what hurt the economy the most but this patch will not be the end of the world. I still think it will make things better in the long run.

Flame if you must, but I would like to see what happens first, myself.

U know ur post brought me to mind...if they didn't want coins in the game...why the fluff put tokens of best luck in there???? and with such a high rate, makes no sense lol

EDIT: =.= Another Edit. I don't know how much they know about actual TW. But also you are saying TW factions have flooded the economy. Well look at it this way lol, charms + hp, mp food + apo pots + arrows + repair bills + towers + cat scrolls + buying skills + refining are huge money sinks.
  • Durdey - Harshlands
    Durdey - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    These changes could very well lower the amount of coins necessary to win a bid, hopefully even to a level where smaller guilds would feel comfortable risking its loss.

Really? NO! lol

These changes wont do that.

When putting up your money for a TW, you dont want to lose the bid. Because according to your situation, there's less money out there. Coins will be a bit more rare. And you'll think twice about dropping that 500k to meet the minimum requirement for a bid.

If you didnt bid high enough, that money is GONE!. U dont even get a chance to get it back...

So now factions with serious intention on winning are going to drop 10 mil coin on the land to ENSURE they get the winning bid!

That would sure **** off the guild leader who droppped 9 mil on that same land cuz he thought he would get the winning bid.

And the land, when won... does nothing to support the guild. It doesnt become a "prize". Its a low-income housing that has crappy management. So why even TRY to bid so high?

This is just an easy way for the developers to remove coin from the game. Now, there's over 400million coin less on the server each week. Remove bids, that's maybe 450mil coin less every week.

Sure, remove coins, the value of the coin increases, but the value of the game drops significantly.

A game without goals is nothing more than walking in circles.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have to say thank you for adding the ability to drop items into chat.

I also appreciate that you made the font more readable, although it's still too small. I have poor vision and have spent the last year desperately trying to read that small, difficult font type and size.

The labels will take some getting used to.

Making the font type and size configurable for each person to suit their own taste is a far superior solution.

uhh well there was a font size slider in the UI settings page, not sure if its still thee tho, still patching..
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have to say thank you for adding the ability to drop items into chat.

I also appreciate that you made the font more readable, although it's still too small. I have poor vision and have spent the last year desperately trying to read that small, difficult font type and size.

The labels will take some getting used to.

Making the font type and size configurable for each person to suit their own taste is a far superior solution.

cough* kiss up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dear god wth is wrong with pwi's game chat now. it looks like if i took a **** and wrapped it up in a blanket and gave it to a ****ing afghan to molest for 3 hours and then someone ran it over with a tractor trailer. GG

IDK if i've ever laughed harder
    <3 QFTb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Spoons would remove the comment and go back to people with REAL concerns. U on the other hand is worried more about the attacks than the concerns. That is why you are getting more and more attacks. Your doing it backwards v.v
  • susamajiii
    susamajiii Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **removed**
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    uhh well there was a font size slider in the UI settings page, not sure if its still thee tho, still patching..

Well granted, but the actual change in size was pretty small. Even maxed it was hard to see.
    It's somewhat clearer now is what I'm getting at.
  • LEFTSIDE - Lost City
    LEFTSIDE - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    susamajiii wrote: »
    **removed**
    looooooolllllzzzzzuuuumaddddGM?
    edited August 2010

i feel kinda bad for ya frankie, erryone seems to be personally attacking you in their blind rage about the new patch. maybe u should take the rest of the day off sick, jus sayin
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    zzzzzzzz

*opens up patcher*

*prepares dinner*

*cleans up the house*

*goes to work and comes back*

*does the laundry*

*takes a shower*

*takes a 5 hr nap*

*returns to check patcher*

*still updating*

x.x

@frankie

Time to start showing the ban hammer o .o!
    b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    U know ur post brought me to mind...if they didn't want coins in the game...why the fluff put tokens of best luck in there???? and with such a high rate, makes no sense lol

I wondered that myself when the double packs came out.
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Not tonight, Vyx.
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    Umbra - Raging Tide Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

So what's wrong with cutting the value of the land in half? Or maybe reduce it by up to 75%? This has never been a problem before on Sanctuary, or on Lost City, or on Heaven's Tear. That is, until people started dumping $8k into the game and got insta-lvl 100 with +12 Nirvana gear/r8 gear. They're the ones making 100mil a day in game coins and blowing up the economy, not the top factions.

I'm in QQme on Raging Tides, our faction earns over 240m a week because of the lands we own. This is how it's divided up:
    10 % Faction Bank (Or the faction leader's wallet)
    15% Bonus pay to those 95 or above at the time of the first TW of the weekend
    5 % Cata Barbs, Base buffers, Tower builders
    70% Basic pay out to all who attended

After all this is calculated out I only get 3m and that's barely enough for an HP charm. TW Factions have nothing to do with this inflation. It's the damn cashshoppers that you don't put a limit on how much they can spend. More or less, it's the people that are making PWE rich that don't give a damn about people that can't afford +12 gear.

Fix that problem, PWE. Not this.

P.S: The new font system is ****.

Discuss, rage, do whatever you want. The thread in General Discussion is filling up too fast. I'd like to know what you all think.
    Skyrim, ok. b:dirty
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Spoons would remove the comment and go back to people with REAL concerns. U on the other hand is worried more about the attacks than the concerns. That is why you are getting more and more attacks. Your doing it backwards v.v

I'm addressing both concerns and attacks, while trying to convince you guys to be a little less attack-y, so that we can focus on the concerns.
  • _maddhatter_ - Lost City
    _maddhatter_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    /RAGES really devs...really. If a GM could get this message to a dev please "Maintenance Status: that..was...dumb!"
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    seems thats wat u have to do every nite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok wow. Failed update. Change it all back, the faction window looks messy to me, the old text was fine, and im pretty sure we all know if its a world chat, a whisper, squad chat, or faction chat. That is why they are all colored differently. >.> WTF were you ppl thinking?? I hope cash shoppers leave and the company goes broke. And we are STILL waiting on some kind of compensation for the DQ **** you have been promising you are working on for a really long time. I call BS. I cant look at the new chat window without getting a headache either >.>
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Attention PWE:

**** you and have a nice day. This text is killing me in-game.
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    seems thats wat u have to do every nite

It must make you feel really good to attack people with disabilities.
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm addressing both concerns and attacks, while trying to convince you guys to be a little less attack-y, so that we can focus on the concerns.

But no real reason to concern ur self about the attacks just reply to people and actually give them answers instead of oh we will monitor this or gold is gonna go down but before lets sell +12 D Orbs.

I bet. If u actually gave us answers instead of being the way u all have been. U would have little to none attacks against u. U can see this as a attack or not honest I dont care that is how I feel.b:victory
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    susamajiii wrote: »
    Lol You ****ed This Game Like I ****ed Your Mother You ****ign Useless Dolts

lolololol
    FREE SUSAMAJII he speaks for the people D: also why was sherae banned. I don't recall her saying anything of a derogetory nature at all. She made no personal attacks and yet you felt the need to ban her...? lawl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jynxxxy
    jynxxxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Im am COMPLETELY discusted by this whole change..

If it doesn't go back to the way it was.. I quit.
    edited August 2010
    ZOMFG FIX THE FONT its worse then before!!... Try Antialiased fonts instead, i can barely read the faction roster :( and take out those stupid labels, reminds me of some gpotato games i used to play...

Edit: owieee it hurts after prolonged exposure.. will a GM/Mod forward this to the devs please.. "USE a Windows System font like Arial or something, and ALLOW windows's font smoothing like cleartype to actually WORK.. this new font is near unreadable on an lcd display without crankin the size"
This discussion has been closed.