[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why fix something that isn't broke?

Either way, you're still going to have the Essences and the Yakuzas owning the map and taking the mirages for themselves so those who think factions are just going to give up and give their land to the lesser factions, think again.

But in my opinion as stated in the opening line, what's the point?
    What are you honestly trying to achieve PWE with this update?

The only thing that will come from this is the people who don't TW will like it because they've never really experienced the cash rewards for themselves; whilst those who do TW will absolutely detest it and probably neglect it for a few days, then come back and still destroy the other factions.

Either way, don't destroy something and turn away members of the community with a stupid update like this, there's no point and you gain nothing PWE but hatred.

(Took it from another thread I posted in)

im in essence and when lowbie factions attack us .. we dont make a formation..there is no organizations and we dont wear charms...and this isnt going to change really...

its still going to be 5 min war ... (if lowbie enough)

but now there is no reason for factions to not go rpk...even essence suggested it to elayne...
    if we dont have tw that is meaningful ...we dont have anything really... expecially in an all end game faction..
    Lost City FTW
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ppl can talk but GM's wont do nothing, that's all....
    RIP PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kendie - Dreamweaver
    Kendie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg plz plz plz dnt *** up Forsaken World
    >.> effs to u all
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg harshlands come on guys u need to kill everyone and i mean EVERYONE cause zulu isnt doing there job as a rpk faction
  • XFlashStepx - Lost City
    XFlashStepx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ay soulja girl can I get a minute ay!, Get out my face, Get out my face!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Maybe its different on RT but Sanctuary has had a history of greedy guilds who shy away from competitive TWs with guilds of similar strength to focus on weaker guilds. They aren't interested in having a fun time in TW but to maximize profits. Maybe this update will discourage that.

Honestly people who are living off of only TW income are barely playing the game anyway.
    I just don't see how anyone can turn a substancial profit when a single gold charm costs 1mil to 1.5mil+ depending on if anniversary packs are out.

Combine that with 2 TWs that least 3 hours each week and well..... not much money to be made there.

Even if you only burn one or 2 I can't think of anyone in my guild (which currently owns the most land) that used to make a significant profit, maybe 500k-1mil, but that's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg plz plz plz dnt *** up Forsaken World
    >.> effs to u all
    b:pleased

now that they have a taste in packs.... u can expect packs in forsaken world almost immediatly...

all the same sht will happen again and again in every game they make

that is why i would never quit a cash shop game for another cash shop game... its to be expected
    Lost City FTW
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Atleast this change makes it so no more of the dang greedy just for money TW'er:Adios:Out the door.

Those who only TW for money always bugged me,good for nothing greedy buggers. You dont care at all for the faction your in or anything of the faction:Just money. SO adios to those people. TW will still be the funnest thing around to do,so who cares,get farming,get grinding,and nuff said.

I actually agree with this. Since I started playing this game in Dec. of 08 TW has been all about who has the best gear (who can spend the most real life cash). About the money they could make from being in the best TW faction.

Now they have made it where if you want to TW.. its going to be for the pure fun of it. Which is how it should have been to begin with.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    FW is even worse, the currency system is not the same, so you have to spend money to get most cash shop items..

You cant make money baing smart and then make fortunes (like me) ... its getting to point of being pay to play.. and more expensive b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • IPwnUNub - Raging Tide
    IPwnUNub - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow..... Does PWI even bother to take into respond what is going on? I mean come on.... This is like ****. If u take a poll. Only 1% of pwi population will agree to this "good".
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just don't see how anyone can turn a substancial profit when a single gold charm costs 1mil to 1.5mil+ depending on if anniversary packs are out.

Combine that with 2 TWs that least 3 hours each week and well..... not much money to be made there.

Even if you only burn one or 2 I can't think of anyone in my guild (which currently owns the most land) that used to make a significant profit, maybe 500k-1mil, but that's it.

well till Nef and Legendary fought majority of their TWs (other than Legendary/Shockwave) was 5-10 minutes long. So really not much to burn in 5-10 TWs
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't call me hunny buns, that's demeaning kthnx.

I don't care if I'm end game or not, that does not make me stupid. Maybe consider end game I'm not going to be playing anymore. And honestly, I'd still find ways to have fun if I did.

TW really shouldn't be the whole point of the game, because IT'S NOT. Maybe some of these greedy people should check themselves and realize why some of these changes were made.

...TW is not only for greedy people. Its a fun way to have 80 people from the faction you hate, battle your faction. Half of the time, you dont even make profit, you just make money for your next charm to burn. It shouldnt be the whole point of the game..but that is what it has come down to. TW is better than regular pvp, because there's way more teamwork involved. Idk.I would figure its more wanted on PVE servers since you cant openly PK and its a way to let off stem at the end of the week. I love TW, idk and this update is going to make it harder for me to enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You don't find it sad that that is what the game has come too?

Oh, of course I do. Maybe I misunderstood your previous post...

I farm and merchant my **** off, it's pretty difficult even staying 'average' these days. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'ts not about profit, it's about ppl didnt need much money to go tw, hehe
    anyway , pwi had a good time (looong time ago)
    and i agree with tw system pay, now big qqers like QQme will dissband o.o hahaha you nabs HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Spy report off)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know, it's funny how the GMs even make this thread. Obviously they know the whole PW community hates it.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow..... Does PWI even bother to take into respond what is going on? I mean come on.... This is like ****. If u take a poll. Only 1% of pwi population will agree to this "good".

im pretty sure the only response in the last uhh all pages since the first was "you had me at chickens" when sum1 said

What if i was ur boss and came in and told u u will be paid in chickens now
    Lost City FTW
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know, secret bids + no refunds + no coin rewards for land actually makes a great coin sink... except there's no incentive to actually waste your coins on it. 20 mil for 5 mins of "fun" and absolutely nothing in return? meh.
    Mirages are a god awful reward for starters. They're given out like candy at the nien event, and barely worth more than their npc price. I think if the benefits for owning land were better the system would still be worthwhile. As for what those benefits could be... well.. hell if I know what you people want. There's gotta be something besides coins that's appealing to TWers that doesn't give them a complete and total advantage over non-TWers... hm.
    Well I'm entering a realm of fantasy now, but I like the idea of a faction store. A different currency won from owning land that's distributed to the players in a faction that can be used to buy non-tradeable things like charms and.. uh.. whatever. idkidk I'll stop talking now since none of it applies to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I actually agree with this. Since I started playing this game in Dec. of 08 TW has been all about who has the best gear (who can spend the most real life cash). About the money they could make from being in the best TW faction.

Now they have made it where if you want to TW.. its going to be for the pure fun of it. Which is how it should have been to begin with.
    If TW was cheap or even decently priced then this would be a great update.

But when you burn through a 1.5mil charm in an hour and a half of TW, then it's not very much fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All of the lowbie factions replying here saying they will have fun in TW will quickly realize what the big factions already know. TW costs a HUGE amount of money each week and the amount of coin we make does not make us "rich" it simply offsets the cost of going to 2+ long TWs each week. This has nothing to do with greed and everything to do with fair reward and motivation to participate.

I am 100% confident that over the next month, if the big factions decide to quit you will see an increase in TW participation (just like you did when Conqueror disbanded and gave back the map). However, it will quickly become pointless and you will never have people motivated to invest the time or energy into controlling the map or continuing to do TWs if all they get is Mirage stones as a reward.

Your server is going to die, you are going to lose your major cashshoppers who fund your salary and your games salary. Good buy to your stock, good bye to your game if you don't post something positive to keep the big factions in this game.

couldnt have said it better myself... though i almost think they dont give a damn about this game/servers dying...they do have a new one about to launch after all.... perhaps they hope the money will jump to the new game.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...TW is not only for greedy people. Its a fun way to have 80 people from the faction you hate, battle your faction. Half of the time, you dont even make profit, you just make money for your next charm to burn.

Not anymore you won't, unless the cash shop suddenly starts charging 3 mirages for a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So FRANKIERAY you gonna ban me after i start killing everyone not in Essence tomorrow? Gonna threaten to ban Elayne if we RPK LOL? Pathetic.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Silent bid, I'm okay with that. It will get people to start planning more about where they want to attack.

No refund, sure, I'm all for it. It will decrease the amount of coins in game and be a great coin sink.

Mirages? 150 to split between each member? If you want to give mirages, at least make it still equal to the original pay. 1000 mirages for level 3, 2000 for level 2, 3000 for level 1. That way, players can still just NPC them if they want and make money easily. As it is, people will only actually make money by having multiple lands that aren't getting attacked.

There isn't anything to discuss. It is a horrible change to the system, at least in the essence of mirages. The other changes I can get behind and even support, but mirages just doesn't make it fair to the players participating. As it is, because of this I will be suggesting to my faction leader that we do not participate in TW at all, as even if we win, we will still lose a lot of money. I can't see how this will help, as even if it does lessen the amount of coin in game, it will drive players away, causing a decrease in the amount of zen charged.

I doubt anything will change though. However, whatever it is you have been discussing with the Devs for the DQ price drop, I'd gladly take the old pay system for TW back for it. However, unless you decide to give these factions a new way to make money fairly easily, all you will do is make a few lands worth fighting over, those being ones with special qualities to them (such as level 4 apothecary territories).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • opticforce
    opticforce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have a couple words to say about this tw change:

First, this is complete bs, whats the point of fixing something that wasn't messed up in the first place. Also, is this patch really to fix the "fake bids?" or is it to save you lazy gm's work?
    Its quite ok if all you gm's don't like your line of work, quit and give it to someone that actually gives a damn.........

Just consider these things and try to save this game before it becomes another random game that no one cares about, kthnxbye b:bye
  • SecretGem - Heavens Tear
    SecretGem - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have played pwi for about 2yrs, and honestly people are just unsastified with the customer support. We've been through many many updates and patches and it's always the same. You guys come out with something that's unrealted to what we want. Truthfully since you guys for some legal reason i guess have to do what PW-CN does i suggest u fix it because it's just not working out. PWI is a fun game yes, i dont think any1 disagree w/ that, however the changes and updates and items you throw in really ruin it.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

no they wont bid in for a chance to loose money in outbid and for mirage as reward Oo

example:
    bidding 10m for bid (maybe loosing it in an outbid) then loosing 3-4m in barb repair+apothecary+charm... then if win receive 150 mirages that will sell for 1.5m ..... u learn how to make addition and subtraction in first grade ....

*chance in rank 9 items .... most people at level 100 have less then 7k rep they are far away of getting rank 9 (500k rep) ....

and like it have been already been said: maybe we have voice here in u.s. but the voice doesnt seem to take the plane to china ......
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I set out planning to read this whole thread but because of it's length and my complete apathy towards this game and the people who designed/run it took over, I didnt read past the first page. This is the most idiotic idea I could have ever dreamed of actually being implemented. Why don't you just come to my house and **** on my plate and tell me its a steak. As far as I'm concerned if Elayne doesn't declare our faction RPK and we just decimate the server to aid you in your quest to kill this game, then I will personally leave faction create my own rpk guild and invite anyone else who just doesnt give a **** anymore and believe me, I'll have 200 members in the first 10 minutes.

If TW was cheap or even decently priced then this would be a great update.

But when you burn through a 1.5mil charm in an hour and a half of TW, then it's not very much fun.

barbs barbs barbs, again, if u are a barb, dont QQ about wasting charms and repairs costs! u knew it b4 getting a barb! b:chuckle so spend more money or gtfo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kendie - Dreamweaver
    Kendie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and on a more serious note, im only lvl 92 and am struggling for coins QQ i am very sry to the 95+ players who relied on tw pay...i see no reason for lower levels to stress atm the higher lvls who are having super expensive shiet thrown at them...U HAVE A RIGHT TO QQ so QQ ur asses off...BUT nothing will prolly change...if its screws the players its good for the big guys pockets b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see how the celestial tiger and jungle ruins events impact the economy before throwing a fit. The nien even already adds 50-80 mil worth of items to the server every single day, the celestial tiger event will probably add charms to that also.

What I'm hoping is that the changes spread the wealth a little, however the new TW changes reduce the incentive to go to TW...rewards were reduced waaaaay too much. Cutting TW pay to 15%?

The celestial tiger event better give out free charms....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    **** up TW is a good way to lose a large number of your cash shopping players lol. Maybe not such a good idea.b:surrender

Who are you kidding? The people who TW make enough money from TW alone they don't need to be cash shoppers. You may buy gold but get real, none of you use real money! If you do, its for luxury, NOT TW.
    A lot of you people act like TW is the only reason to play PW. Last time I checked, there -is- more to this game than that.

Seriously? I mean.. do they honestly have dungeons and games and bosses and dailies and other things to do? You mean signing on once a week to do TW isn't the only reason to play? /sarcasm! You are right! There is so much more to do. Those of us who don't TW make it just fine WITHOUT TW pay. They will learn to cope and do it too.
    I love how everybody keeps implying TW is the only way to make money 0:

Its b/c its the easiest way to make money. Those who do TW and own lands are ticked b/c now their income is squashed. Let them feel how the rest of us feel all the time! They can go work hard grinding for their money rather than showing up for 1 hour tw to get it all!
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory NEXT MAINT: Mirage NPC price removed b:bye b:victory

Woot page 31 & counting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.