[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to see how the celestial tiger and jungle ruins events impact the economy before throwing a fit. The nien even already adds 50-80 mil worth of items to the server every single day, the celestial tiger event will probably add charms to that also.

What I'm hoping is that the changes spread the wealth a little, however the new TW changes reduce the incentive to go to TW...rewards were reduced waaaaay too much. Cutting TW pay to 15%?

The celestial tiger event better give out free charms....
    The tiger event gives out mats. Collect a number of them and trade them in for items in the mailbox. Iirc you can get:
    Mounts
    Fash
    Exp
    100k hp charm
    150k mp charm
    Hyper EXP stones

No option for money payout though. All items are non-tradeable as well.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gods...stop the QQ. You guys really want zen to be 1mil+ in in-game gold like it is in the CN, MY, and many other PW versions? Hell no. This limits the amount of in-game gold being generated.

For those of you ******** about your charms...oh ****ing well. I did TW for over a year on the MY-EN server. I paid for all of my charms excluding the three gold HP charms I won in contests. I was also responsible for building many of the towers in there. And I have only ever received TW salary ONCE. It was something like 700k. That amount didn't even cover a freaking bronze HP charm then.

TW should be done for fun and it is SUPPOSED to be costly. It is effectively a big gold sink. Having a faction be able to make upwards of 100mil+ a week is NOT a good thing and it kills the prospective gold sink.

BTW, most of you don't even see the TW money anyway since it's all mailed to the leader of the faction. And I cannot tell you how many times I've heard of stories about those leaders using the money for their own stuff. This prevents that from ever happening again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW now really no point in it what the heck everyone going to do with Mirage Celestones really come on now...
    Is it just me, but it sounds that you were only twing for the pay check?

When I still took part in tws I did it for fun alone... All the expense I covered with my own resources... I never took the pays even though they were offered to me...

From a lot of the posts it just seems the TW to those ppl was all about money... Even though the rewards & coverege wasn't that big before, unless you're in a huge faction that owns a big part of land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've been i four TW on Harshlands 3 i payed for and 1 i didn't pay for the ones i payed for was 2 faction's that were decent and 1 was a faction that i lead and i payed for tower's for all three and TW is fun but the mirage's for payment suck because who do u think pays 400k for Gold?
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mk let me see here...honestly i think they are purposely trying to kill PWI i really do. they know we like coin they know we TW to get coin and pretty much they want to **** that over for us as well. wont be long that soon they will nerf off TT drops worst then they already are(u could forget about getting GBA's). honestly they are quickly making this a who has the biggest credit card spending limit wins. *sigh* idk why im still holding hope for improvement cause its obviously not comming anytime soon. well i just have to wait till xmas for some cash then im goin to a RTS that was just recently released....got till then to convince me to stay pwib:surrender
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • moghedian13
    moghedian13 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It already sucked to try and make money by grinding with the lower DQ cost (which now costs almost as much in pots/charm/whatever as we make). So I rely on a lot of my TW pay to pay for regular expenses (pots, etc).

This game was already hard to not cash shop and still get anywhere (yes, I'm 99 but I do cash shop some) but I simply cannot afford to put in more cash to pay for the lost $$. This update sucks and we hate it.

Unfortunately, PWI doesn't actually listen to what we (customers) have to say anyway so what really is the point of a discussion? The only real answer we will get is:
    1. oh gee, we'll try to make it up to you (in a very vague promise)
    2. it's controlled by our devs in China and we can't actually do anything to it anyway

Some people are saying they will quit and go to Forsaken World but quite honestly why would I go to another of your games which will just get equally hosed?
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well....
    At least I have one positive thing...
    Now I know where I'm getting mirage stones for refining from b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is obviously just another way for them to force money out of people's pockets. The fact that they used fake bids as the excuse for this is stupid. This was a HUGE update, whereas the fake bid problem has gotten almost no attention, people simply dont worry about it that much.

Now Tw's have to come totally out of pocket, which means more gold buying. Just stupid...b:angry
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Meh you all suck lol
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gods...stop the QQ. You guys really want zen to be 1mil+ in in-game gold like it is in the CN, MY, and many other PW versions? Hell no. This limits the amount of in-game gold being generated.

12 star orbs are now going to be in packs. That's the most expensive item in-game bar none.

I'd be surprised if gold isn't at 700-800k after this maint and stays that way until packs are gone..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    guys and girl it makes no sense this *discussion* we all know the gms and devs are like politicians and they wont make any changes or compensations for the **** they have done
    the only option i am left with is to uninstall and yes i only did TW for the TW pay, thats the ONLY thign that kept me logging on the game, and yes i do look for other games and have found one bout i have alot of friends here and many would say not to leave,
    but this was the last straw
    EpicFail.jpg
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    How about, don't do TW and find something more fun, or leave like everybody else then? ._.

I mean honestly, if you're so bored that all you look forward to is TW for JUST the weekend, then just find a better game.
    I stay for my friends and because the F2P MMO market pretty much blows. This update is pretty much taking one of the very few enjoyable things from the game and removing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just 1 word PWI... Apocalypse. b:bye
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010

For those of you ******** about your charms...oh ****ing well. I did TW for over a year on the MY-EN server. I paid for all of my charms excluding the three gold HP charms I won in contests. I was also responsible for building many of the towers in there. And I have only ever received TW salary ONCE. It was something like 700k. That amount didn't even cover a freaking bronze HP charm then.

TW should be done for fun and it is SUPPOSED to be costly. It is effectively a big gold sink. Having a faction be able to make upwards of 100mil+ a week is NOT a good thing and it kills the prospective gold sink.

BTW, most of you don't even see the TW money anyway since it's all mailed to the leader of the faction. And I cannot tell you how many times I've heard of stories about those leaders using the money for their own stuff. This prevents that from ever happening again.

Although I haven't really twed ever since the 300k gold hp charms, I believe this is not the solution for the gold sink... A more effective gold sink would be to eliminate the core of the problem... = Perfect Token of Best Luck, that is the only thing that screwed the game over. Now its being taken out on the core parts of the game like dq item prices and tw pay that never even really covered the tw cost. Of course, this is all but a dream because pwi would make less money due to the lack of packs. Gold = unlimited charge = unlimited packs = unlimited Perfect Tokens of Best Luck = unlimited liability in inflation

As for tw pay = x amount per week only, and it does inflation slowly and balanced compared the best lucks in this game.

O well, old values in this game is always eliminated, so I am not surprised lmao

It all started with the blasted genies...
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • RaidenXI - Dreamweaver
    RaidenXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I fail to see how this improves anything. Hell, this change is only making the hate for PWE go through the roof. Whats the PWE survival factor at right now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EyeSo - Dreamweaver
    EyeSo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would like to make request.

On our PWI profiles under PK kills, I would like a mirage counter. **** pk kills, I want the most mirages.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind. Mirage payout? fair enough. At least now other factions are able to get in on the fun, and not just the rich and strong ones. Since not alot of people will be willing to go to war now with mirage payout, some factions now have a chance to actually compete!

As for charms... They ruin the PvP system entirely. Your opponent (or yourself) gets an Extra Hp Bar (or several if you let enough time pass between ticks)

Look at the bright side! b:victory
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sorry I'll be honest and say I haven't read all the way through this thread.

Has there been any mention of how this change improves the game?

no becuase they're to busy QQing over lossing they're pay.

Btw!!!!!!! Love how you guys mentioned fake bidding on the update post b:victory
    I see this as forcing ppl to stop buying gold unless they rly want to open they're wallets.
    thos ppl that play it smart in the begining , we will eventualy run out of money but , guess its time to go back to the grind feast :)
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Then how about everybody who's complaining take it up with the people running the Chinese servers. There you go. Doing so here will do pretty much, guess what? Nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *still laughing from 2 hrs ago* b:chuckle

I like this change because of what The_owner - Lost City said.

I second it. b:victoryb:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    then How About Everybody Who's Complaining Take It Up With The People Running The Chinese Servers. There You Go. Doing So Here Will Do Pretty Much, Guess What? nothing.

^ +111111111111111111111111
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just 1 word PWI... Apocalypse. b:bye

2012 already arrived? b:chuckle
  • Babydemon - Raging Tide
    Babydemon - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    idk about uall, but i feel like pwi been trapping us into MUST DO CSing corner....

1st, offered GV, ( for Miji)

2nd Anni packs for Gears that would take months before to farm, but now, its all about CS Power

3rd, FC with Hypers.......

4th , took down the Price of DQs....

5th , More Packs in different forms.... but .. nvm u all know what i am gonna say

6th now...... TW pay in Mirage..? ROFL.... but actually i am glad it aint paid in DQ items...

may 7th gonna be More packs in different forms....?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sorry I'll be honest and say I haven't read all the way through this thread.

Has there been any mention of how this change improves the game?

I'd still like an answer. As far as I know the job of the devs is to improve the game. I'd be very interested to hear the official stance as to how this change improves the game.

And yes I know it will never happen but I do enjoy asking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Is it just me, but it sounds that you were only twing for the pay check?

When I still took part in tws I did it for fun alone... All the expense I covered with my own resources... I never took the pays even though they were offered to me...

From a lot of the posts it just seems the TW to those ppl was all about money... Even though the rewards & coverege wasn't that big before, unless you're in a huge faction that owns a big part of land.

LOL the checks arnt that big... but they help*replace some of the cost not all* Of the charms used... and when your required to use a charm what do you do... and b4 you say ohh your in it for the pay... get to know the person first b4 judging them
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    as i heard mentioned b4 there are some content the PWI devs can choose to implement
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind. Mirage payout? fair enough. At least now other factions are able to get in on the fun, and not just the rich and strong ones. Since not alot of people will be willing to go to war now with mirage payout, some factions now have a chance to actually compete!

As for charms... They ruin the PvP system entirely. Your opponent (or yourself) gets an Extra Hp Bar (or several if you let enough time pass between ticks)

Look at the bright side! b:victory

yeah.. lets all get a bunch of 7x-8x guilds attacking the 9x-10x guilds.. oh noes no charms..
    but o-wait.. one shots for everyone..
    gg
    b:bye
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

GoGo Kanto!!b:victoryb:laugh
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kudos on continuously deteriorating the game. Shouldn't even bother pointing out your errors, right? b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.