[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    19 pages and we don't even have the servers down and the mass ppl on the forums yet oh baby this is going to be a big one :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't need super good gear to know how to play, thats the difference between me and everyone else.

I don't care how good you are at knife fighting, a man behind an armored bunker with one of these:

afghanistan-big-guns.preview_0.jpg

is still going to grind you into the girt every time. Enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    love How Gms Come In Here And Try To Make Good Of A Bad Situation. I Know Its Not Your Fault This Updates Here But Isn't Time You Put Your Damn Foot Down And Tell Them To Look Over Here And See The Mess They're Making? You Have A First Hand Glance At How They're Ruining Their Own Game And They Won't Listen. All Your Doing Is Generating Hate Towards You. Honestly I Don't Care If This Message Is Against The Rules. I Made My Char So I Could Enjoy End Game Tw, Which Thank You Very Much Is Now Gone. So Getting Banned Doesn't Really Matter To Me Anymore, I'm Already Looking For A New Game.

My New Home Page
    Lost City FTW
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't get it. I understand unannounced bids but why no refund?
    That is simply stupid. Not every faction has a money cow who can dump millions of coins bidding. Some of us have to spend days farming World Bosses so we can afford to bid without really relying on any member. Now you are telling me if we don't win a bid against another one that we don't even know the value of, we lose the money along with time that we spent making it?

Way to go, even less reason for smaller factions to try TW. Disgusting update.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't get it. I understand unannounced bids but why no refund?
    That is simply stupid. Not every faction has a money cow who can dump millions of coins bidding. Some of us have to spend days farming World Bosses so we can afford to bid without really relying on any member. Now you are telling me if we don't win a bid against another one that we don't even know the value of, we lose the money along with time that we spent making it?

Way to go, even less reason for smaller factions to try TW. Disgusting update.
    CLEARLY we should CASH SHOP MORE

pretty sure thats what they want or there wouldnt be pack sales every week
    OR EVER DOUBLE PACK SALE LIKE RECENTLY

- lower dq price (make lowbies charge more)
    - take away salary (make higher level ppl charge more)
    - put packs in every week
    - PROFIT!
    Lost City FTW
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Maybe SkullCrusher could put this into perspective for the devs...but hes banned b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Gear> skill especially uncharmed.

You don't find it sad that that is what the game has come too?

Sorry but I know a lot of players with **** gear and they can play far better then some with epic gear.

It is not all about gear...gear imo is more for the player and his/her own character and want for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rinaldoraize - Heavens Tear
    Rinaldoraize - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Sorry but I know a lot of players with **** gear and they can play far better then some with epic gear.

It is not all about gear...gear imo is more for the player and his/her own character and want for it.
    lol i can name a few ppl with good gear that suck
  • llllllllllllllllline
    llllllllllllllllline Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fail.jpg

That is all
  • TriggerHappi - Lost City_1298963575
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i agree to everyone QQ'ing bout the update

but im gonna say after this patch is updated

i can say u guys are still gonna play the damn game

if u guys are rly against this upcoming update

i dare u all not to log in game

do something else go out hve a life

or just try out diff games

if ppl still logs on game their management wont care at all

since $$$ are still coming b:chuckle
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In my opinion...

1. The bidding process will no longer be announced; all bids will now be secret bids, and faction leaders will only be able to make a single bid each. The highest secret bid wins that faction the opportunity to attack the territory at the scheduled time.

Not really a big deal... I didn't see bids being spammed during TW bidding times so I'm neutral on this.

2. Bids will no longer be refunded. If your bid was not high enough to win, the coins involved will be lost. This should minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

THIS I know for a fact is bad. I understand if this is for coin drain to try to fix the economy but I know will have negative effects on the TW population.

3. The TW victor no longer receives any part of the winning bid. This should also minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

I think #2 is enough to stop fake bidding but I guess this ok....

4. Rewards for holding territories will no longer be coin-based. Instead, the rewards will be a combination of Mirage Celestones and the chance of being sent the Medal of Glory, an item necessary for attaining Rank IX gear. This Rank IX gear is still in development, and should be available in the near future. One Medal of Glory will be sent to one of the 47 territories at random each week. Rewards are as follows:

This is probably the thing most people will rage about. TW pay mostly pays for charm bills (probably) and it still won't cover 100% usually. Mirages are sort of worthless. IMO, I think free gold is better as a reward but it won't happen. Can't go wrong with the Rank IX gear being free, but that's a bit too much IMO.

I agree with less exploitation, but when will PWE fix things like...

1) Flying in the TW instance

2) Hiding in All-Class-Pets + Catapult

3) Being able to directly attack the Crystal (which I'm sure isn't intended to happen).
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but no, that is not the case. This is what I mean by players not knowing how to play. I've been doing things in pvp that players like to consider impossible since I started this game.

Like getting 1-shot through hood! b:laugh
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sounds like they are telling players they need to bot all week to fund tw bid pay
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • XFlashStepx - Lost City
    XFlashStepx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PWE IM PRESSING CHARGES, IM PRESSING CHARGES, IM PRESSING CHARGES

I sure am, where my du-rag at?
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I totally agree with redsrose there, and if there s a picnary, a photo of me while be next to "those ppl with poor gear but with pro skills"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol i can name a few ppl with good gear that suck

That's my point...hell I will throw myself in there b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

i thought about it and i just might do that
    b:chuckle
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't need super good gear to know how to play, thats the difference between me and everyone else.

try fighting a heavy-armored tank with a water gun, then come back to us about knowing how to play after you beat one. b:bye
    Retired b:bye
  • Maharett - Sanctuary
    Maharett - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well greed is blind and the less money in game the more you have to spend in cash shop. Thats their goal. No matter how we rage no matter what we say in the end its about money in their pockets. We should all pick a date and on that date noone buys from the cash shop on any servers. When no money comes in on that day then maybe they will see how pissed we are. I agree with the very first post. If you dont want to have a game for the players then get a company who does.
  • Hippopotamus - Heavens Tear
    Hippopotamus - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Looks like TW income drama from TW will be a history - it will be very interesting to see tenacity of a guild been brought back - true guild based on circles of friends, interests etc etc. No more rushing into the Strongest Guild like Domino. Personally, I don't see new TW system is necessarily a bad move - but mirages should really be replaced by something like Gold Hammer - least that 1 million coin chest from FF really does not make sense at all.

However, another feature of bidding with gold for rare items added at the same time seems to be somewhat too - obvious ? it is going to flush ppls so it becomes a rich people's game.

I predict the PWI game will be transformed. Some ppl will even leave the game.

I'll continue to play but will only support server with the same amount of $$ each year as I paid last year, through cashshoping. PWI did a good job in graphics and game engine and deserve the support - but in no way I'll like to be getting squeezed like a lemon.

b:shocked
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i read the changes and i couldnt help but laughing my **** off that is just too funny haha whats the point of twing now? omg this is haliraous(probz didnt spell that right) like really wow you people have no idea what you are doing to this game. its just so funny. you guys have abosolutely no idea how to make this game better do you?
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I'll be logging back in to sell all my spare stuff ASAP, before coins dry out on the server, something tells me prices are gonna crash down and "profit" wont be a known word in the future.

Gold prices will also go down in months to come, cause who's gonna buy it? The people farming the 20% reduced DQ items all day? for 400k a gold? I think not.

And I will move to another game.

And they dont care if we still log on or not, they care if we still Cash shop or not. I for one wont be from now on.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pro skills matter when you're fighting on a level playing field, AKA PvEing.

In PvP, it has always been about gear. Gear wins battles. With some of the gear out now, you can be as skilled as you want and never make it past their charm cooldown.

Gear has been winning battles since Deity and Grim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ONCE again. a thread for people to QQ about but reading through 21 pages of comments 3 responses from a GM 2 on concerns 1 on a joke......Where is spoons when we need him
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perfect Horns.

Sorry Frankie but you just proved the point of the person you replied to with this. Again you (the company you, not you personally) were not able to do anything to get the mechanics of the game changed, instead you just took the item off the shelves. We know you can control the boutique, but thats about it. Even still, people who stocked up on perfect horns still blast them from time to time, cause their utility was never removed from the game. So thats another citing of a failure for you guys to do anything to affect the actual mechanics of the game. And the TW changes is most definately the mechanics of the game.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll just go ahead and rant.

The TW changes are horrible. Unannounced bids aren't exactly my problem, but no refunds? No more income from owned land? That sucks. You've taken away the reason people TW in the first place. You've made PWI worse.

The Packs were horrible, need I elaborate?

DQ drops, still no compensation?

People can Oracle, Hyper XP, and BH their way to lvl 100s and that wouldn't be a shocker because it's so damn easy now! And due to that, people aren't decent in doing their class's jobs. You've tainted not only the quality but the people. I remember when lvl 100 was worth a little bit more than that.

People can cash shop everything, this game revolves around real money. Without it you're nothing, and that makes me sad because I love this game. Why worsen it?

You people have thought nothing of the one who actually PLAY the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg?1242277575
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.