[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like the changes. I never liked the whole money aspect of TW as it creates greedy guilds populated with *******s. This will make TW more like PK or DT where people play for fun, TW isnt dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DDEShare - Raging Tide
    DDEShare - Raging Tide Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We're a pretty small guild at the moment, although we intend to TW. No, we do not expect to win money or land anytime soon, it'll just be for experience and the fun of it. But what was already an expensive thing to do will be made harder if we don't even know if our money went down the drain. Not many people are rich, and frankly if we're going to get rolled in 5 mins over 150 mirages...well...

To those of you saying about doing TW for the fun of it, everything in this world that's fun is a luxury, and everything luxurious costs money to some extent. I don't doubt the ability of 9x/10x players to make millions a day, but I for one know that there gets to be a point where costs offset what fun may come out of it. Me, my personal goal is to try to break even with the cost of my skills right now. I don't have the spare cash to worry about charming myself. Now, it's kind of like, here, pay a mil to get destroyed in 5 minutes. If by some miracle you win, the only thing you hold now is glory, which only stands for so much in a MMO.

To those comments about how uncharmed TW will show off one's skill, you can only be so skilled in something like a game. You can plan all the tactics you want, but if you do not have enough firepower to back up what may be the most sophisticaled plan, it's useless. All the skill in the world cannot increase the damage you dish out, or the damage you take. Channeling times and reduction %s are right there. If 2 players are equal in skill, one's wearing full TT, mold, Nirvana, Lunar, Warsoul, or something, and the other is wearing NPC or 3*, it's gonna take some serious luck to beat the former.

ATM I do not know what our guild is going to make of this. We will not directly lose profits, as we do not TW right now, but this just removed half of the reasons to TW. One is fun, and the other is money. With chances of money completely thrown out the window, I worry to see how many people will respond to the call of fun alone.
    "There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face."

Proud member of Playboy b:victory
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A lot of you people act like TW is the only reason to play PW. Last time I checked, there -is- more to this game than that.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry, I'm busy having fun not doing TW and managing quite fine, how unheard of.

ur not end game yet hunny buns so ya ur having fun still the only way we have fun in end game is tw and making alts to waste time till tw gets better

wait till ur end game then speak about having fun with no tw
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry, I'm busy having fun not doing TW and managing quite fine, how unheard of.

Just wait till you get to 99ish and have absolutly nothing to do, and no way to get your gear. If you did anythign besides BH and maybe cube, you would see it makes a world of difference.

<- Just waiting to see which way the prices go now that theres money vanishing left and right and no major way to put it back besides opening pack after pack after pack after pack.
  • Svvagger - Lost City
    Svvagger - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love this update. I lol'd when I heard it. Good for the land hogging factions that have so many people trying to join for the money b:pleased
  • jewelbidgood
    jewelbidgood Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have made a petition to PWI to protest the changes to TW. If you would like to sign the petition, please click the link below and sign it. Thank you.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pwi3825/petition.html
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like the changes. I never liked the whole money aspect of TW as it creates greedy guilds populated with *******s. This will make TW more like PK or DT where people play for fun, TW isnt dead.
    I'd like to see one person that makes a substancial profit off of TW, that is someone that doesn't run off with TW money of course.

Before the update I myself would spend 2-3mil out of my own pocket to TW. That's 2-3mil more than what I've gotten from the lands mind you.

Please show me the people that are getting rich off of TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

what is there to discuss? it's already decided and you are to implement it. a discussion would be talking about it and coming up with a decision that would be beneficial to sides involved, in this case PWE and the players.

benefits for PWE:
    less coins to disperse to players = no "free" coins = more zen = more money for PWE (bottom line is more profit for PWE)

benefits for players:
    more mirages = more getting screwed over = again and again

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tbh a map wipe should be included in this update too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Liyte - Lost City
    Liyte - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If they're not going to read the comments in their update notes, they're not going to read your silly petition. b:chuckle
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A lot of you people act like TW is the only reason to play PW. Last time I checked, there -is- more to this game than that.

when you hit end game
    what is there to do ?

Farm hh? oh ur end game u shoudnt need to
    Farm nirvana? once in a while for coins

I play week to week to join together with my faction n defeat the enemy
    the faction we fight didnt even bid this week ....
    tw is dead and useless now

i farmed to improve my gear to be better in tw to help the faction

there is almost nothing to do in this game after end game

some days i sit around arch for like 3 hours making laps

i have no reason to compete anymore n that is what this game is about
    if people talk in gc n hang out with friends u might as well be on facebook not a game with competition
    Lost City FTW
  • WitchingHour - Dreamweaver
    WitchingHour - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    **** up TW is a good way to lose a large number of your cash shopping players lol. Maybe not such a good idea.b:surrender
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tbh a map wipe should be included in this update too

It would be funny to see how fast an entire instance of lvl 100+ people can take out those mobs b:pleased
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i just cant stop laughing at this sht omg its soo funny rlly and then i read the gms replys wow i just really let it go lol she thought she was getting smart lol
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ur not end game yet hunny buns so ya ur having fun still the only way we have fun in end game is tw and making alts to waste time till tw gets better

wait till ur end game then speak about having fun with no tw

Don't call me hunny buns, that's demeaning kthnx.

I don't care if I'm end game or not, that does not make me stupid. Maybe consider end game I'm not going to be playing anymore. And honestly, I'd still find ways to have fun if I did.

TW really shouldn't be the whole point of the game, because IT'S NOT. Maybe some of these greedy people should check themselves and realize why some of these changes were made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We're a pretty small guild at the moment, although we intend to TW. No, we do not expect to win money or land anytime soon, it'll just be for experience and the fun of it. But what was already an expensive thing to do will be made harder if we don't even know if our money went down the drain. Not many people are rich, and frankly if we're going to get rolled in 5 mins over 150 mirages...well...

To those of you saying about doing TW for the fun of it, everything in this world that's fun is a luxury, and everything luxurious costs money to some extent. I don't doubt the ability of 9x/10x players to make millions a day, but I for one know that there gets to be a point where costs offset what fun may come out of it. Me, my personal goal is to try to break even with the cost of my skills right now. I don't have the spare cash to worry about charming myself. Now, it's kind of like, here, pay a mil to get destroyed in 5 minutes. If by some miracle you win, the only thing you hold now is glory, which only stands for so much in a MMO.

To those comments about how uncharmed TW will show off one's skill, you can only be so skilled in something like a game. You can plan all the tactics you want, but if you do not have enough firepower to back up what may be the most sophisticaled plan, it's useless. All the skill in the world cannot increase the damage you dish out, or the damage you take. Channeling times and reduction %s are right there. If 2 players are equal in skill, one's wearing full TT, mold, Nirvana, Lunar, Warsoul, or something, and the other is wearing NPC or 3*, it's gonna take some serious luck to beat the former.

ATM I do not know what our guild is going to make of this. We will not directly lose profits, as we do not TW right now, but this just removed half of the reasons to TW. One is fun, and the other is money. With chances of money completely thrown out the window, I worry to see how many people will respond to the call of fun alone.

Fuzzy read this whole thread up to this post and this is the most intelligent response in here..

+9000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg wrong thread Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrSheets - Sanctuary
    DrSheets - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bottom line cant please everyone so why bother trying, and from the goings on pwe knows this for a fact...

!~ Da Sheets

oh for every 1 that leaves 3 stumbles in...
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It would be funny to see how fast an entire instance of lvl 100+ people can take out those mobs b:pleased

ya all the money i put into this game for charms to acquire the land ...
    and armor to make acquiring it easier

this makes so much sense **** us over more! make the csers quit
    Lost City FTW
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fail..
    learn to farm
    or gtfo
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    there is almost nothing to do in this game after end game

Play a lower level character for a while maybe? I'm 92 with 8 other characters (although not all currently active). I got plenty to do... but that's just me.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see one person that makes a substancial profit off of TW, that is someone that doesn't run off with TW money of course.

Before the update I myself would spend 2-3mil out of my own pocket to TW. That's 2-3mil more than what I've gotten from the lands mind you.

Please show me the people that are getting rich off of TW.

Maybe its different on RT but Sanctuary has had a history of greedy guilds who shy away from competitive TWs with guilds of similar strength to focus on weaker guilds. They aren't interested in having a fun time in TW but to maximize profits. Maybe this update will discourage that.

Honestly people who are living off of only TW income are barely playing the game anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yukiianna - Harshlands
    Yukiianna - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    honestly, just put PWI back to it's normal self. BH? really? no need to grind. ok so pk sucks. now this? i don't even do TW. & i'm hating on it now. TW is a major reason why the game is fun. :\ you just ruined the game & will hear loads of QQ-ing. Good lucks. b:bye

P.S. comparing this to pw-my is a totally change. but it's gone too low. :\
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I set out planning to read this whole thread but because of it's length and my complete apathy towards this game and the people who designed/run it took over, I didnt read past the first page. This is the most idiotic idea I could have ever dreamed of actually being implemented. Why don't you just come to my house and **** on my plate and tell me its a steak. As far as I'm concerned if Elayne doesn't declare our faction RPK and we just decimate the server to aid you in your quest to kill this game, then I will personally leave faction create my own rpk guild and invite anyone else who just doesnt give a **** anymore and believe me, I'll have 200 members in the first 10 minutes.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Nevaleah - Archosaur
    Nevaleah - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not only is the pay a bad idea due to the fact that A LOT of people in game depend on tw pay to cover their stuff, but it'll be that much harder to bid on lands now. Secret bids that you can't even get your money back on? What kind of **** is that : \. Ooooo I get mirages for winning a tw yippee! There aren't even enough mirages to effectively split between faction members. Then there's this 'chance' to get a super rare awesome item. Do you only get one? How the hell is the faction supposed to split that then? I understand trying to stop false bids but now you are just **** everyone. Now there might not be any tw's at all. Good job with that one : \.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Play a lower level character for a while maybe? I'm 92 with 8 other characters (although not all currently active). I got plenty to do... but that's just me.

most of the end game people already made alts like that
    it just is the same stuff over and over and over

you feel accomplished when u get ur first hh weapon
    but the 2nd time ur like meh...been there...done that..
    Lost City FTW
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    **** up TW is a good way to lose a large number of your cash shopping players lol. Maybe not such a good idea.b:surrender

+100

this is true the only reason i cash shop is for TW but hey whats the point of cash shopping if i aint getting sum type of money out of it? come on man mirages wow and since its every terrortory wount mirage prices go down -.- not to mention dey r allrdy 11k so what now u gonna give em away for free basicly?
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just unliked ur Facebook page PWI.

b:shocked That will show'em
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liyte - Lost City
    Liyte - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why fix something that isn't broke?

Either way, you're still going to have the Essences and the Yakuzas owning the map and taking the mirages for themselves so those who think factions are just going to give up and give their land to the lesser factions, think again.

But in my opinion as stated in the opening line, what's the point?
    What are you honestly trying to achieve PWE with this update?

The only thing that will come from this is the people who don't TW will like it because they've never really experienced the cash rewards for themselves; whilst those who do TW will absolutely detest it and probably neglect it for a few days, then come back and still destroy the other factions.

Either way, don't destroy something and turn away members of the community with a stupid update like this, there's no point and you gain nothing PWE but hatred.

(Took it from another thread I posted in)
This discussion has been closed.