State of the Game - DQ Price

Options

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So... Are there any new updates about this by now? There must be some programmers working with you there that are able to make some progress after 2 months right? Plz let us know... b:thanks

Yep. Update is called GW2.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah, baby, u tell them

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think we still have to wait like two months before getting anything. Not like I care that much, I'd rather see the decomposition fixed completely.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    <('- '<) Any new news? (>' -')>
    (-_-) We haven't forgotten (-_-)
    <('- '<) Any new news (>' -')>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    seriously, this is getting more and more annoying.
    If the DEVS CANT RESPECT the players that is playing this game and make everything harder and harder to achive and being more pain in the ****, that will be the limit.
    The devs better fix this issue, if some people gets to angry and quit this game they will probably try to convince people that this is the worst game and comment on everysite about this game.
    It's not even fun to play anymore, to get all the gears u want costs like 300mil, that will probably take 5 freaking months.

the least they could do is fix back the DQ prices.
    Enough is enough already
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Seriously i think they are hoping we will just forget about it, all the old players will leave and the new ones will never know what they are missing.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mekkan90
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Seriously i think they are hoping we will just forget about it, all the old players will leave and the new ones will never know what they are missing.

us old players might leave on a certain point, i already lost alot of old friends in this game, if this keeps going and thoose players does leave lol, who's gonna teach the new players on how to gamma or delta lol, gonna be a game with so many people who doesnt know what to do lol.

not only that, the new players that will come will also realised that this game is just going to far now and got no respect
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    mekkan90 wrote: »
    If the DEVS CANT RESPECT the players that is playing this game and make everything harder and harder to achive and being more pain in the ****, that will be the limit.

Your perspective is off. The devs are doing a good job. They're making changes to balance things and remedy problems that are brought up... on the Chinese servers.

They have no obligation to serve the North American crowd. Its up to our GMs (or rather, PWI management) to push hard to represent us. Unfortunately for us, a change like that neither gives PWI management direct profit nor does it profit PWE, so chances of getting some PWI-exclusive content is next to none.

Also remember that the PWI market here represents less than a tenth of PWE-owned game's player base and the main focus of PWE devs right now is on the upcoming games Three Kingdoms and Forsaken World. New content for PW will be rare and developed by a much smaller team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mekkan90
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Your perspective is off. The devs are doing a good job. They're making changes to balance things and remedy problems that are brought up... on the Chinese servers..

How are they doing a good job? apprently their not doing a very good job, they earned 300 thousand dollars of this game last year, i bet 60% isnt even from PWE and that the profits is mostly from PWI.
    Why even make 5-6 new games if they cant even fix buggs, glitches in this game?
    They probably dont care about it so much, so whats the chances of them caring so much about the games they keep realising if they dont even take care of this game which got them so much money to even realise thoose games?
    The new games might probably have 100 times more problems then pwi, if they cant even keep up with this one how the hell are they gonna keep up with all the freaking games their realising?

So NO! they arent doing a good job, if they did a good job, alot of players wouldnt even leave this game, this game is a big cash shop game, u need to spend atleast hundreds of dollars to get far, if u dont spend you have to play 24/7 for a couple of months.
    **** that, im not gonna waste my real life for that much time.

and if anyone wants to act smart and say "no you dont need to spend that much to get what you want" dont give me thoose **** answers, cause what ever u say wont even bother me. Its right you dont need it, but if u dont have thoose things you will be called a noob, and that leads to lower chances of getting into a squad.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How are they doing a good job? apprently their not doing a very good job, they earned 300 thousand dollars of this game last year, i bet 60% isnt even from PWE and that the profits is mostly from PWI.
    Why even make 5-6 new games if they cant even fix buggs, glitches in this game?
    They probably dont care about it so much, so whats the chances of them caring so much about the games they keep realising if they dont even take care of this game which got them so much money to even realise thoose games?
    The new games might probably have 100 times more problems then pwi, if they cant even keep up with this one how the hell are they gonna keep up with all the freaking games their realising?

So NO! they arent doing a good job, if they did a good job, alot of players wouldnt even leave this game, this game is a big cash shop game, u need to spend atleast hundreds of dollars to get far, if u dont spend you have to play 24/7 for a couple of months.
    **** that, im not gonna waste my real life for that much time.

and if anyone wants to act smart and say "no you dont need to spend that much to get what you want" dont give me thoose **** answers, cause what ever u say wont even bother me. Its right you dont need it, but if u dont have thoose things you will be called a noob, and that leads to lower chances of getting into a squad.

lol so which squad won't take u because of your wings? oO
    + i never saw that someone was called noob cause he doesnt have 3m/s+ flymounts ... lol
    i can understand that u ain't gonna be taken to any squad if u are a 9x cleric with 2k hp, cause that cleric would get 1shot by everything which would make him very useless lol
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I know this is OT but I have to reply. You don't have to cs. Most of the things you 'need' can be farmed. TT armors, weapons and ornaments are enough for the most people. At end game you also might want to get Nirvana too. Lunar can be farmed as well, and if you hate that, just do TT money runs. Don't forget that anni packs made Lunar weapons that cheap.

On topic, it would be cool if we got some kind of information what is planned so far.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • mekkan90
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol so which squad won't take u because of your wings? oO
    + i never saw that someone was called noob cause he doesnt have 3m/s+ flymounts ... lol
    i can understand that u ain't gonna be taken to any squad if u are a 9x cleric with 2k hp, cause that cleric would get 1shot by everything which would make him very useless lol

What about the pvp servers then? what about thoose people who doesnt have good gears and can get 1shot so easily? specially with theese JJ blessings.
    In the end this game is a game for cash shoppers no matter what.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In the end this game is a game for cash shoppers no matter what.

Cashshoppers....or very talented merchants....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • mekkan90
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cashshoppers....or very talented merchants....

anyone can be talanted merchant, you just need to have a catshop open all the time or wc ur **** off or stay on the game 24/7 and hope to find something cheap and resell it.
    you still need to spend alot of time on the game to be a talented merchant
  • LadyFeline - Dreamweaver
    LadyFeline - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have not read this thread top to bottom.. but I lack updated info about the DQ items or was I just too lazy?

(plz tell me I am lazy as it would boost confidence in current management lolz)
    To assume I speak for other is assuming I am those folks.
    Well, I can tell you right now: I am all but myself.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    whattt?? why havent u guys forgotten about this whole issue b:thanks
    someone needs to unsticky this so we can all go back to the wonderful peaceful world of pwi
  • MrDirector - Lost City
    MrDirector - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that world never existed
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that world never existed

after Anni Packs, it never existed.....

...before...it was actually a perfect...world o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nix QQ threads everywhere b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think dropping DQ price will have a great impact on farmers. They will just lose 20% of there time to farm the same DQ. And frankly whit all the 2x event, I wonder what is the point of dropping DQ price.

I think the Dev on this game have reach there imagination, or there to lazy to remake the core of the game. In the end, this game is patch over patch of lines witch makes me think of windows....

Also they should see how many player really do DQ quest. I say that if less then 30% does on 1 server, they should remove it form the game, and increase coin drop form mob in a balance way.

But in fact the only error they made was to let the auction Gold market be regulated by players. Since they have no control on the price player input, they have no control on coins coming in or out of the game. The more player farm, the more virtual asset becomes available. The more the change rate should go up. And the less gold is traded the change rate goes down. Keeping the price at a balance between both world, making it less interesting to farm gold, but not impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mekkan90
    edited July 2010
    Options
    OFC their lazy, all they can realise is new packs instead of other things you can actually have fun doing it.

I mean seriously all the games they have been realising, how the hell can they keep up with every game? specially when this game was screwed up with glitches and buggs from the start, they havent even finnished what they've started and i doubt that their even 50% close to finnishing it.
    theres even a second bigger map, will we ever see that map? right now i even doubt that we will.

if they werent lazy or stupid enough to realise more games, instead of having new cash shop items to sell all the time and not even know what to realise week after week because they have run out of ideas now simply becuase nothing is rare now. the ninetails mount was rare and they ended up putting that for sale, even the gold lion mount and i can go on about it. And then put stupid news on the news thread like that Token guide on how to use token, geez how reetarded can u get putting up a guide now when they were realised long time ago.

We would have fun events like we used to have like 1 year ago if they didnt start this stupid mess.

Mods admins, you guys are the only people who can talk with the devs, show them some threads so they can see what the hell is happening.
  • Rashuru - Heavens Tear
    Rashuru - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    After spending much time reading all these post ive come to the conclusin that the devs just dont listen to their customers, i mean how difficult would it be to do something to 'compensate' players for the drop in dq price?? It would be easy, even if they scraped teleporter fees or something as simple as that.

Ive been playing this game a long time and the divide between the cashshoppers and the non-cashshoppers is bigger than ever. If your not perpared to invest rl cash into the game you can forget about obtaining anything of real note. Yes i do invest cash and thats just to stay competitive and its horrible to see a lvl 50 player needing 2mil to buy 5 gold for a hammer to get the ss wep, thats just insane!!

I could go on forever but geeez, is it worth it?, NO, even if i invested a thousand quid a week i doubt the devs would listen. You guys at PWE need to listen to your customers, and if you cant work out who they are its the people that play your games. If i ran my business the way you do by pushing away the majority (non-cashshoppers) i would be skint.

Im writing this post off the back of a 3 week holiday and im hoping once i log i will find its all changed but somehow i feel im about to log into a dying world...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Still waiting for compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It has recently come to my attention that the Regional Malaysian IP block has been lifted since the release of this PWE game http://hotk.perfectworld.com/

there, no longer a mystery as to the DQ reduction

i wonder, if any, other regions have been lifted b:scorn

"They're coming for you Barbara, they're coming for you" b:surrender

O YEAH, not to mention the mysterious LAGG so many have been experiencing lately....i don't need to look at my clock to know that it's 10 am where i live.. because its 9pm in Malaysia.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so what like 4 or 3 months no compensation yet o.O or did it flash by me when i was blinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol WTB> Community Managers that actually give a damn.
  • Balticus - Lost City
    Balticus - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If the Developers actually read anything in this forum,do you think the game we all loved would be the mess that is has come to?I think the only think they read is their bank account,the service in this game has fallen from awesome to something that doesn't even have a name

b:sad
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If the Developers actually read anything in this forum,do you think the game we all loved would be the mess that is has come to?I think the only think they read is their bank account,the service in this game has fallen from awesome to something that doesn't even have a name

Sad part is that it'll continue to be this way as long as people keep buying zen. Spending real money in this game is like saying that you support the actions of the dev's. I guarantee that if people stopped buying zen, then changes would be made. Gotta hit them where it hurts: in their wallets.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Don't worry, at this rate the suggestions, complaints and Q & A will be migrated to Facebook soon. In fact the devs might be on FB too. b:chuckle

....And we'll win prizes for using them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think dropping DQ price will have a great impact on farmers. They will just lose 20% of there time to farm the same DQ.

Have you never heard the saying time is money? People now have to farm an extra 20% of the normal amount of time they used to farm to even have a chance of coming close to the similar amount of money they used to get - time that was used to do something else before hand.

So you know, great impact it may not be, but it's a loss of money and I know I'm actually having a little bit of trouble with it on my veno. 200k an hour was an easy fix before the nerf. It's now about 150-160k an hour. That 40k doesn't seem like much until you consider I grind twice for one hour every day.
    80k lost in one day, 160k lost in two days, 240k lost in three days, etc. etc. In an entire week of my normal grinding time I can lose up to 600k thanks to this nerf.

It's not a great impact, no, but if you look at the bigger picture it is a lot of money lost. I severely doubt, however, we'll be getting any compensation. So much for "PW-CN taketh away, PWI giveth" or whatever it was one of the GMs said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]