Let's hope he does.
  • MeNukez - Dreamweaver
    MeNukez - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    +1 for sticky,awesome guide helped me heaps in my starting days b:thanks
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well written guide, hope you submitted an entry for "Memoirs of an NPC"..
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If we wanted to suck as DDs and rely on Crits, we could have rolled archers.

Ouch.b:sad
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well written guide, hope you submitted an entry for "Memoirs of an NPC"..

Seraphim quit the game when anni packs came out....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Frankie for the sticky, we have a decent in depth guide now for general wizarding.

If Seraphim checks back, gratz man.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    finally.
    TY admin

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    tyvm for the sticky.b:thanks
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Seffar - Heavens Tear
    Seffar - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would like to add now that I'm 9x, with full Immaculate Pdef Shards the defense difference between Arcane and Light is barely noticible. At around 5,000 defense diminishing returns start to happen. The difference between LA and Arcane users in Pdef reduction will gradually drop to below 2%. So for those that think the reason to go Light is for Pdef, they are absolutely wrong. For endgame, Light vs Arcane means Crit + HP vs Damage. And if you rolled a wizard, at least do your damn job. If we wanted to suck as DDs and rely on Crits, we could have rolled archers.

DAMN STRAIGHT. I love your guide because you speak the truth bluntly and honestly. Well done man. These LA wizards in PvE servers quite honestly are ruining themselves. PvP LA Wizards are then again another story that I won't get into but as a 95 Wizard with Stone Barrier on and fully buffed I get up for 5000+ P-Def and 5200 HP (With 123 vit with all gear attached.) Endgame Arcane Wizards rule the world if you build yourself correctly. Yes Light armor does help in early game for wizards BUT do you have the money to restat yourself later on? Maybe not. If not then good luck being strong at your 90+ levels because I'm arcane and i slap around 90+ LA Wizards like rag dolls. So GG. Very Well Done Pandora.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    DAMN STRAIGHT. I love your guide because you speak the truth bluntly and honestly. Well done man. These LA wizards in PvE servers quite honestly are ruining themselves. PvP LA Wizards are then again another story that I won't get into but as a 95 Wizard with Stone Barrier on and fully buffed I get up for 5000+ P-Def and 5200 HP (With 123 vit with all gear attached.) Endgame Arcane Wizards rule the world if you build yourself correctly. Yes Light armor does help in early game for wizards BUT do you have the money to restat yourself later on? Maybe not. If not then good luck being strong at your 90+ levels because I'm arcane and i slap around 90+ LA Wizards like rag dolls. So GG. Very Well Done Pandora.

its really full buffed?
    u can show ur eca with pwcalc.ru ?
  • Seffar - Heavens Tear
    Seffar - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I sure can. Why don't you take your level 1 **** out of these forums if you're just going to say everybody is wrong? You are probably some LA fail that walks around attempting to act hard(Like most LA wizards do) and can't kill a damn thing unless you crit 4 times in a row. LA wizards die evenly to Phy and Magical Attacks - That says it all alone. You suffer greatly with a LA build. Nuff Said.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why does this guide not mention how hard and expensive getting stone barrier and sandstorm is? This guide also doesn't mention the usefulness of Elemental shell.
    60 / 250.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2010

http://www.humoursenseupgrade.com/uploads/posts/2008-12/1230200504_84268109cb38fb802a79d28c889b8efe.jpg
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1. You like having more than 1 element (elements are like women after all?)

And if you rolled a wizard, at least do your damn job. If we wanted to suck as DDs and rely on Crits, we could have rolled archers (Or sins >:o) .

Apart from these funny sentences on which I agree 100%, your guide is pro and it's not only PvE or TW based as the title sugests, it gives awesomely tips for new wizards. Pro guide, Mr..
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • jaxteller
    jaxteller Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Great guide, i'm really thinking about restat (a capped vit at 50)
    Thank you for the tips
  • ongakuangel
    ongakuangel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So, while you are agenst vit build wizzie, i learned fast that a pure dies fast. and with upped magic attack, we also steal argo (i've yet to meet more the 2 good barbs and therefore im notmally with a bm tank- fail argo hold). after we take argo, you'll be one shotted and a dead wizzie (this is pve btw). with my extra vit, bm tank has time to save my butt. on pvp, i have time to heal (by charm, second wind, pot powder ect.) instead of being oneshotted by the melee/ archer i didnt see comming. Still, i only pvp with friends. the question is, while pures shard with hp and p.def, i shard with pdef shards, more pdef, more hp, with only a slight decress in damage. i've hit harder then most wizzies i meet, and i am able to tank magic bosses easier on the cleric. I wouldnt completly degrade the hybrids. However, i learned much from this, thanks :) b:cute
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So, while you are agenst vit build wizzie, i learned fast that a pure dies fast. and with upped magic attack, we also steal argo (i've yet to meet more the 2 good barbs and therefore im notmally with a bm tank- fail argo hold). after we take argo, you'll be one shotted and a dead wizzie (this is pve btw). with my extra vit, bm tank has time to save my butt. on pvp, i have time to heal (by charm, second wind, pot powder ect.) instead of being oneshotted by the melee/ archer i didnt see comming. Still, i only pvp with friends. the question is, while pures shard with hp and p.def, i shard with pdef shards, more pdef, more hp, with only a slight decress in damage. i've hit harder then most wizzies i meet, and i am able to tank magic bosses easier on the cleric. I wouldnt completly degrade the hybrids. However, i learned much from this, thanks :) b:cute

To have 53 Vit is always better in pvp under any circumstances, except if you get absurdly high refines and shardings like G11 and +10, cause the loss of damage is non factor in pvp.
    For pve, well it doesn't matter anything works its just easy pve.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010

so you add vit cause u dont want to deal good damage, okay >_< ???

how about aggro control, when u have a axe-bm-tank or bad barb
    less skills, weaker skills, save some mana
    or tank yourself in the first place-.-

i agree some vit might help in pvp... 50 vit is 500 hp (+5% with necky)

but i doubt that helps much tanking some intervall-stacking class
    stun/kite and kill it before it can kill you >.<?
    ..with ****(asins) everywhere hmm ...450 hp more time to click on expel or domain

<going for 10 base vit at 100 b:surrender (or refining my headgear to +4 :P)
    i like potato
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    just passed 6k HP unbuffed ... almost all gear refined to +6.
    now if only PWI will get a Guardian Scroll sale...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    lol set your safety lock for 3 days :P
    and get bored in OT next to blue names and Zanryu

need 50% off charms sale...

pvp with (barely) 4k hp uncharmed is awesome :P
    i like potato
  • HxCx - Heavens Tear
    HxCx - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Very useful.
    :-)
  • Silent_Sin - Sanctuary
    Silent_Sin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:puzzled so shall i go LA or AA on my wiz?

p.s i want to pk b:chuckle
  • Kusheil - Dreamweaver
    Kusheil - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have been pushing a content update in several threads. That used to be true in the olden days, but now sins and phys outdamage us easily. I am sticking to it and hopefully if I can get enough people to agree with me, maybe we can bring pride back to those who run the wizard class and to everybody else with a Pre-TB class. Hope things change eventually. I managed a 200k crit a while back but thats not really anything compaired to the TBs now. Hope we see a change
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    i didnt manage 200k yet :(

they are already on the right way as they fixed the 3spark invisible issue
    i hope they dont stop now and go for more nurfs b:chuckle

or some PVE update for wizards and axe-barbs
    (and everyone keeps ignoring those yelly fish psychs pve and pvp wise ^^)

wiz (and psych) are pretty useless in trivial group pve tasks... best used to help open nirvana or help open TT ^^
    i like potato
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    After a quite a long hiatus, I have made some updates. If there are any active wizards still around feel free to post feedback as I am aware I probably made quite a few mistakes. Thanks!
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    After a quite a long hiatus, I have made some updates. If there are any active wizards still around feel free to post feedback as I am aware I probably made quite a few mistakes. Thanks!

maybe a little note. BT+spark also better vs mdef sutra bm because sutra really decrese the bids alot :/
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Sera....OMG, don't tell me you're back!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    maybe a little note. BT+spark also better vs mdef sutra bm because sutra really decrese the bids alot :/

Right but if a BM uses Magic Marrow or even balance/marrow, he will still suffer from incredibly low Pdef which can be taken advantage of by your melee party members or melee TW guildies.

In either case, I doubt very many wizards will be trying to BIDS over BT vs magic marrow as its pretty common judgement :P

Sparked BT will work, but your best bet is to Frenzy/Expel/Anti-Status Pot - depending on Genie energy- and then MS+Sutra. You will be able to deal 9 seconds of damage while invicible as well as buy a 5 second stun when Expel wears off.

BT's long channel time compared to Sutra'd MS also runs the risk of interruptions if you aren't expelling.

@Ursa, Hi there! :D Just visiting after a little bout of nostalgia, PWI isnt installed on my new laptop:( Send me a private message so I can drop you my MSN!
  • Astroturf - Lost City
    Astroturf - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nice =o.
    *Takes notes*, *looks for ways not to get killed by wiz*

*drums finders together b:pleased* i LOOOOVE wizards :3 always have always will, ever since i hit lvl thirty im constantly getting PKed and health is a problem, its a HUGE advantage to know that wizards are the RAPISTS at high lvls :3, sooooo, if you meet low level wiz (like meh T.T) theyre EASY, but when you get into the higher lvls b:angry RAWRZZZZ WE **** XD
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Sparked BT will work, but your best bet is to Frenzy/Expel/Anti-Status Pot -

anti status pot to remove the no-cast effect on expel?
    name b:chuckle?

or is it vacuity powder before u cast xd?
    i like potato
This discussion has been closed.