Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I liked this guide better then others, this deserves a sticky for sure
  • Criminal - Harshlands
    Criminal - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well i read some of the first line of this tutorial on wizards.... Got bored.... Well, you know? It's all pretty much obvious info.... Actually like at the beginning, I think he said something about barbs and BMs being too hard to solo alone as a mage, when they got HP charms.. God, he's soo wrong. Juts get them as close to 51% HP as possible and hit them with a 3 spark and high damage spell. Pray it kills them, and if it doesn't then maybe your wizard sucks.

Maybe he said something about soloing them.. I wouldn't know, because i never really bothered to read this tutorial ._.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    a good Barb will not drop because of one lone nuke hit while 3 sparked unless that's a crit or he really messed up his build.
    BMs depends on marrow, but most of the 95+ BMs I went against have +8k HP, so there's some work to be done there also.
    You don't seem to read much at all actually, stick to your cleric, wizard uses magic but has nothing else in common with your class.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AztecDemon - Lost City
    AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Next more important.

That's the error. Not a major one, i must admit, 'cause he tells later about hp/vit eq, but pdef first? NO WAY. This MUST be balanced, and hp takes priority in that, not pdef stats. The trouble is, even with high mdef all magical classes can hit hard; all their moves have solid add-on damage, and they do not have auto-attack so they hit only with skills - so, they hit hard. Pdef cares about physical classes, hp cares about all of enemies.

name 1 class that cant do physical damage...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    class of '74-75 ... lol

for future ref: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ITv4OBV9c

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yetey
    yetey Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nice wiz guide....
    although i have to disagree with the heaven/hell choice....
    lol your so bias against sage
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i disagree with alot of stuff but nice guide
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yetey wrote: »
    Nice wiz guide....
    although i have to disagree with the heaven/hell choice....
    lol your so bias against sage

That's why this otherwise great guide is not stickied.

He also says some goofy stuff like, "if they are taking to the skies use skills like gush to slow them," and, "socket up [3* gear] to four sockets with socket stones if you are planning to use for 10 - 20 levels." Maybe he meant to use hailstorm to freeze them, because gush doesn't slow flying mounts; and I know he can't possibly be talking about adding 2 and 3 sockets to 3* gears lol, following Seraphim's armor guide will cost tens, if not hundreds of millions of coins in-game, or $100s of dollars if you cash shop it.

Sad thing is, this guide is 100 times better than the two noob arcane guides stickied in this forum...
  • yetey
    edited November 2009
    Options

That's why this otherwise great guide is not stickied.

He also says some goofy stuff like, "if they are taking to the skies use skills like gush to slow them," and, "socket up [3* gear] to four sockets with socket stones if you are planning to use for 10 - 20 levels." Maybe he meant to use hailstorm to freeze them, because gush doesn't slow flying mounts; and I know he can't possibly be talking about adding 2 and 3 sockets to 3* gears lol, following Seraphim's armor guide will cost tens, if not hundreds of millions of coins in-game, or $100s of dollars if you cash shop it.

Sad thing is, this guide is 100 times better than the two noob arcane guides stickied in this forum...

lol yes i agree it is one of the better guides....
    and the guide creater is one of the richest if not the richest guy on dw server who doesnt have to spend any real life money, so im sure he can get +12 armor if he wanted to.....
    now back to heaven and hell, although some hell benefits out way that of heaven, but in terms of damage heaven is by far better, which is what you want as a wiz.....
    with enough -channeling gear and combing benefits of elemental magic buff and debuffs im sure a wiz can take down a pure vit barb.....
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yetey wrote: »

and the guide creater is one of the richest if not the richest guy on dw server who doesnt have to spend any real life money, so im sure he can get +12 armor if he wanted to.....

ROFLMAO .... richest guy on DW? Are you kidding me?
    He was the leader of the most powerful guild on DW. And he quit when the Anni packs came out and A**n launched.
    Until then, I can tell you, he wasn't rich. He farmed his **** off in TTs, spent 10-12hrs/day at fish with Eso's to lvl up. I'm not saying he didn't use RL money, I'm just saying he didn't use a relevant amount. One thing that set him apart was the way he knew exactly how to play this class and exactly what he wanted and what were the benefits of each piece of gear/spell/grind spot/you name it.
    Also, it was a mage that never set foot out of a safety zone or didn't do anything for that matter without cleric full buffs. He always used the potential of this class at max, and honestly, I still wait to see someone who can play a wizard like he did.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    omfg good guide! nvr even thought of doin sutra>morning dew shhhhh ill prtend 2 b a cleric ;)
    there were a couple things i didnt agree with but it comes down to personal preference! all around amazing work! best guide ive seen!
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • yetey
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ROFLMAO .... richest guy on DW? Are you kidding me?
    He was the leader of the most powerful guild on DW. And he quit when the Anni packs came out and A**n launched.
    Until then, I can tell you, he wasn't rich. He farmed his **** off in TTs, spent 10-12hrs/day at fish with Eso's to lvl up. I'm not saying he didn't use RL money, I'm just saying he didn't use a relevant amount. One thing that set him apart was the way he knew exactly how to play this class and exactly what he wanted and what were the benefits of each piece of gear/spell/grind spot/you name it.
    Also, it was a mage that never set foot out of a safety zone or didn't do anything for that matter without cleric full buffs. He always used the potential of this class at max, and honestly, I still wait to see someone who can play a wizard like he did.
    You'll see one in due time...
    its just that wizard is not easy to use, or lv up! and lv = better gear = more damage
    and i assumed since calamity had so many land..... that would be a bad assumption on my part, i do apologize
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wow this guide is actually pretty good, although I do disagree with some stuff, but overall I agree with just about 95% of it.

Sucks that he doesn't play on PWI and he moved to *ion.

Someone should really make an Edited version of this thread, and have a Gm make it a sticky b:chuckle
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    He farmed his **** off in TTs, spent 10-12hrs/day at fish with Eso's to lvl up.

• Wahida - Dreamweaver
    Wahida - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    don't let this die. b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    don't let this die. b:bye

*puts sparks in the thread*

hmm what did you say?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Everyone else critiqued his guide... I feel like I missed out, so here's my ever so humble opinion(s) Mr. Seraphim:
    This is not meant to be a full comprehensive guide on how to build a wizard from scratch. There are other threads to tell you the basics.

^ possibly why this "guide" isn't stickied. Why did Seraphim say this? I mean seriously, he says "this is not meant to be comprehensive..." then goes and delivers quite the comprehensive wiz guide.

At 89, the path splits between Sage and Demon, and if you've gotten this far you might as well think twice before what you do.
    While the Sage path's Chi regeneration is helpful, and the extra damage from Masteries, nothing compliments a Wizard's job more than the Demon way of life.
    Why?
    Demon's Earth barrier adds a phenomenal 150% PDef. The damage is really ramped up on our core skill Sandstorm, and the Crit bonuses help greatly in 1 shotting people.
    Our core spammed skills, Gush, Pyrogram, and Stone Rain all undergo huge bonuses as Demon. Pyrogram's channel is shortened 20%. Gush receives additional damage, and Stone Rain receives stun. Distance Shrink range increases an additional 20%. Morning Dew recovers an additional 600 HP over time. These are our core skills and the Sage bonuses are hardly up to par.

1.) Demon earth barrier adds 3% more p.def reduction than sage version and merely 5-6% more than level 10.

2.) The damage is not so "ramped up," the difference in skills' mods is much more complex.

3.) "Nothing compliments the Wizards' job more than the Demon way of life." Abrogate this statement, nay, this whole section to merely point out the specialties of each cultivation. Seriphim tripped into the biggest mire in this forum- Wizards' Sage vs. Demon topic... bad move to take a side imho.

^that, if fixed I don't see why e-mailing GM Spoons for a sticky would be a problem.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Everyone else critiqued his guide... I feel like I missed out, so here's my ever so humble opinion(s) Mr. Seraphim:

^ possibly why this "guide" isn't stickied. Why did Seraphim say this? I mean seriously, he says "this is not meant to be comprehensive..." then goes and delivers quite the comprehensive wiz guide.

1.) Demon earth barrier adds 3% more p.def reduction than sage version and merely 5-6% more than level 10.

2.) The damage is not so "ramped up," the difference in skills' mods is much more complex.

3.) "Nothing compliments the Wizards' job more than the Demon way of life." Abrogate this statement, nay, this whole section to merely point out the specialties of each cultivation. Seriphim tripped into the biggest mire in this forum- Wizards' Sage vs. Demon topic... bad move to take a side imho.

^that, if fixed I don't see why e-mailing GM Spoons for a sticky would be a problem.

Seraphim quit and went to play the game that is not to be named.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Fizzban - Dreamweaver
    Fizzban - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Very helpful guide. Just what a newbi (me) needs. Shame to find out the maker of this thread has quit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Very helpful guide. Just what a newbi (me) needs. Shame to find out the maker of this thread has quit.

I wonder who this could be.....
    *thinks Mage_Fizban*
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    best wizard guide (for a pve server)
    And if you rolled a wizard, at least do your damn job. If we wanted to suck as DDs and rely on Crits, we could have rolled archers.

:)

still dont get it. why wizards on pve servers go LA if they are not involved in TW or any PVP

*hides* just want this on page 1 again
    i like potato
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    best wizard guide (for a pve server)

:)

still dont get it. why wizards on pve servers go LA if they are not involved in TW or any PVP

*hides* just want this on page 1 again

defense in pve? iunno. If i wasnt in a TW faction and did not PK constantly i would be pure...
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no point to gimp damage output and mdef for some pdef and crit in pve :p

you can distance shrink out of physical damge and tank magical damage
    Stone Bareer ftw
    waht u can take 2 more hits? awesome

i saw a LA wizard surviving some hits from archers in fb79unwined and dying after 2 shots from a magic mob - lols
    dying 5 times in a row... (to physical mobs too-.-)
    i like potato
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wonder who this could be.....
    *thinks Mage_Fizban*

not me. i promise. why the hell would i make another wiz when i like mine. i'd rather make a. . .veno.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no point to gimp damage output and mdef for some pdef and crit in pve :p

you can distance shrink out of physical damge and tank magical damage
    Stone Bareer ftw
    waht u can take 2 more hits? awesome

i saw a LA wizard surviving some hits from archers in fb79unwined and dying after 2 shots from a magic mob - lols
    dying 5 times in a row... (to physical mobs too-.-)
    actually, i can take a good beating. When i was low 8x, i could take on a person with +7 GXs with no problem and possibly kill them (or have it end in a horrible tick fest)
    not me. i promise. why the hell would i make another wiz when i like mine. i'd rather make a. . .veno.
    it better not be you.....i guess you got an idol fizzy
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    actually, i can take a good beating. When i was low 8x, i could take on a person with +7 GXs with no problem and possibly kill them (or have it end in a horrible tick fest)

b:surrender GXs is... GX was...a..weapon... ...
    nvm, >_> focus on PVE :D

i dont wear charms to become even squishier :D, got no GAs too :o *so thats why i lvl tha damn fast*
    *feeling free* (like as if u dont wear pants o_O CAN U FEEL THE WIND?)
    more action
    i like potato
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options

Dude lol; Dreamweaver BMs don't count. Any other server and you'd get faceraped by +7 GXs... seriously I don't even know how this is possible: a zerk+crit should hit a LA mage for 3.5-6k, definitely enough to 1-2shot low 80s lvled mages... b:cold
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dude lol; Dreamweaver BMs don't count. Any other server and you'd get faceraped by +7 GXs... seriously I don't even know how this is possible: a zerk+crit should hit a LA mage for 3.5-6k, definitely enough to 1-2shot low 80s lvled mages... b:cold
    dont underestimate DW bms we got faw awesome ones :P
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and most of them use lunar claws. can you say stun + get ***** in 4 seconds?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options

thats if they zerk crit. A crit cant kill me, a zerk cant kill me, but a zerk crit def can....
This discussion has been closed.