Assassins again. GM answer pls.

Options

Comments

• Blackvoid - Sanctuary
    Blackvoid - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the cooldown for the escape skill is like 1:30 mins i think maybe morewhich means that no it cant be used in combat more than once if it can you have played the battle out too far lol
    i am the dark meaningless void that fills all of your souls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Might work for clerics but my comments are in red.
    at my level, any good sin 90+ can easily kill me, a mediocre geared cleric unless i use abs doman or expel to survive the stun lock, and its not jsut the stuns they have seal, sleep too

I found that there was a huge problem w. the stun too. Pulling some distance is usually one of the only things that keeps me alive against melle classes. That's why I recommended badge of courage to break stun. This then allows me to kite. Yes a sin can jump but they can't use shadow teleport while its in cooldown. If they try to land other skills you can get out of range. If they use tackling slash you can put up plumeshell before they set stun lock. Or a lot of times they'll just force stealth giving badge of courage time to cooldown.

that's what I proposed as a potential solution. But then again, I have yet to test this.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the cooldown for the escape skill is like 1:30 mins i think maybe morewhich means that no it cant be used in combat more than once if it can you have played the battle out too far lol

yes it be 90 seconds....but you can keep doing that to tick the other guys charm.
    Q_Q
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Usualy i absolute domain the shrink seal sandstorm dead......

hmmm u expect ur target to be charmless ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It happened in dragon temple event. I was attacked by assassin from invisibility of course. Finally when I survived stunts, critical, etc I was going to hit him with looong channeling spell(because of course mages have incredible long channeling time regardless of used spell in compare with his attack rate), but he DISAPPEAR!!!. My question is. Is this the BALANCED game in your sight? GM pls. answer. I want to know what I can do against them.
    Thanks

simple pitfall, crown of flame......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• DeadLights - Heavens Tear
    DeadLights - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The reason you uber long casting spell cancelled isn't becuase the sin went into stealth it is becuase the sin ran out of range of you uber kill them all spell. If they had poked you and decided to stay in range it would have gone off like normal, and a dead sin would have appeared.But they dicided they didn't want to stick arround for you're uber kill all spell so got out of range just like any other class that didnt want to stick arround would have done.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The reason you uber long casting spell cancelled isn't becuase the sin went into stealth it is becuase the sin ran out of range of you uber kill them all spell. If they had poked you and decided to stay in range it would have gone off like normal, and a dead sin would have appeared.But they dicided they didn't want to stick arround for you're uber kill all spell so got out of range just like any other class that didnt want to stick arround would have done.

But I also lost him as target. He disappear that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've tried knocking a sin out of stealth w/ long channeling skills. it doesn't work. This can be noted by the fact that I ticked deaden nerves, but I never knocked the sin out of stealth. The only way I've knocked sins out of stealth is by aoeing a nearby mob.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But I also lost him as target. He disappear that's all.

Channeling has to be finished, if it be casting then it'll hit the sin.
    I've tried knocking a sin out of stealth w/ long channeling skills. it doesn't work. This can be noted by the fact that I ticked deaden nerves, but I never knocked the sin out of stealth. The only way I've knocked sins out of stealth is by aoeing a nearby mob.

It be pretty hard to find sins dumb enough to go close enough near mobs for me to aoe.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    simple pitfall, crown of flame......

I saw someone say earlier in this thread that it doesn't work...cbf finding it but you can also test it yourself all classes have DoT skills.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I can confirm dots like crown of flames don't unstealth the sin. I tested this with a friend months ago, was disappointed it didn't work lol.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah i jsut tried it out today actually i havent been playing but i though that while having damaage on u you might not be able to BUT the best way to stop a sin from going stealth is using sleep stun seal skill i guess just before they going to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2010
    Options
    Hmm was just looking through genie skill list on ecatomb and found this:

Will Surge - lvl 7 genie skill
    Makes caster immune to silence (seal) for 7 seconds at lvl 10

With a high energy genie (like 205 energy) maybe this could be combined with expel to protect squishies from sins? Tho they could still stun/sleep/paralyze lock you...which is where absolute domain would be better =x

EDIT:

Also check out aquaflame armor (lvl 9), wiz only skill that reduces dmg you take my 400% for 10 secs then increases dmg you take by 40% for 10 seconds.
    Probably better to keep it at lvl 1 tho.

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

edited July 2010
    Options
    Hmm was just looking through genie skill list on ecatomb and found this:

Will Surge - lvl 7 genie skill
    Makes caster immune to silence (seal) for 7 seconds at lvl 10

With a high energy genie (like 205 energy) maybe this could be combined with expel to protect squishies from sins? Tho they could still stun/seal/sleep lock you...which is where absolute domain would be better =x

?
    How that work out?
    b:chuckle
    Immune to seal but able to be seal locked?
    Dx
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lies I never typed that <.<
    >.>
    *sweats*

Chars:

• Sedokk - Harshlands
    Sedokk - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sins need stealth to survive, since they have such low health and defence, if u see them coming to attack u then u can kill them easily, so they need stealth to stand a chance. I think if u use an AOE spell and the assassin walks into it while stealthed it will unstealth ( well thats what happens in WoW).
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sins need stealth to survive, since they have such low health and defence, if u see them coming to attack u then u can kill them easily, so they need stealth to stand a chance. I think if u use an AOE spell and the assassin walks into it while stealthed it will unstealth ( well thats what happens in WoW).

Here's the fun part: AOE spells require a target to begin channeling. So if you're not near something you can AOE, it won't work. In 1v1 pk, chances of having a target to AOE off of are pretty low. In group pk, chances are much better.

However, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, if you start channeling a spell with the sin as target, and then they stealth, it seems to still hit them. Killed a sin in group pk last night doing this 2 or so times. Started channeling, he stealthed, finished the channel/cast animation, he unstealthed and was dead.
    Of course, there's plenty of ways for sins to survive, but it's possible to kill them that way.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It happened in dragon temple event. I was attacked by assassin from invisibility of course. Finally when I survived stunts, critical, etc I was going to hit him with looong channeling spell(because of course mages have incredible long channeling time regardless of used spell in compare with his attack rate), but he DISAPPEAR!!!. My question is. Is this the BALANCED game in your sight? GM pls. answer. I want to know what I can do against them.
    Thanks

Yeah must suck since endgame wizards with +30 attack blessings are so weak in pvp b:sweat

Only thing thats really unbalanced atm is everyone getting 1 shot by magic spike dmg + 30 blessing. Who cares about sins b:chuckle
    edited July 2010
    Options

Archers has less survivability and be okie.
    b:surrender
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    One word- the new class is purposely made to be overpowered so that there's a reason for these newbies to enter PW, charge Zen and play the game.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cuz archer has range advantage?

or did you mean archer vs sin?
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    One word- the new class is purposely made to be overpowered so that there's a reason for these newbies to enter PW, charge Zen and play the game.

Whoa, that word is even longer than supercalafradgelisticexpialidocious. Though the spaces confuse it, and make it seem like more than one.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cuz archer has range advantage?

or did you mean archer vs sin?

Sin negates range advantage with shadow teleport. (35 meter range)
    (unless the archer goes and gets a +range bow...and that means the archer can only get like 1 shot off before the sin just teleports.)
    :/
    or...the sin will just stay stealthed and pop up right next to the archer.
    >_<
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    but archer gets more stuff to survive, their 59 skill with the huge wings animation which prevents stuns as well, not to mention their LA so a naturally higher p def compared to arcanes(unless the arcane CS or farmed garnets) and even then there is that natural HP refine advantage and the vit advantage(more archers socket vit stones)

and archers have their stun too vs wizards seal.
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    but archer gets more stuff to survive, their 59 skill with the huge wings animation which prevents stuns as well, not to mention their LA so a naturally higher p def compared to arcanes(unless the arcane CS or farmed garnets) and even then there is that natural HP refine advantage and the vit advantage(more archers socket vit stones)

and archers have their stun too vs wizards seal.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Did i say something wrong? I certainly did not know that most archers go AA or HA now b:chuckle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Did i say something wrong? I certainly did not know that most archers go AA or HA now b:chuckle

Ya it be all the "rage" now.
    b:chuckle

Them archers got tired of getting 1-3 shot by wizzies and all went AA.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *sighs*

Roll a BM. Use 3 str, 2 dex build. Hit lvl 100. Go Demon. Get 4.0 aps base. Use restate note to get minimum str for axes and minimum dex for fist. Take all leftover points and put in vit.

Now, even if a sin crits. . . they can't win. The moment their short **** stuns wear off, you roar (Stun for 6 loooong seconds), switch to fist, demon spark, and win.

Ta-da new classes aren't OP.....except for the one sin that has warsoul <.<
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    too bad reroling a bm would eventually lead to joining the "QQ cuz i cant reach my enemy" group lol. and Bms in TW is kinda sad, all they do is at most stun, HF and maybe braamble rage. But to get in range, they need to use their aerogear, movement buff and most of the time, they would die.

and the worst part? sins can still stealth away if they pick the wrong fight. bm is not really better than wizards(like the OP), considering OP has better chance of killing the sin than a BM (OP 1 shot crit gush anyone?)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Where's all the Hamster pics? The thread title calls for Hamster pics! I demand hamster pics!! b:angry