Assassins again. GM answer pls.

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
It happened in dragon temple event. I was attacked by assassin from invisibility of course. Finally when I survived stunts, critical, etc I was going to hit him with looong channeling spell(because of course mages have incredible long channeling time regardless of used spell in compare with his attack rate), but he DISAPPEAR!!!. My question is. Is this the BALANCED game in your sight? GM pls. answer. I want to know what I can do against them.
Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nope, broken class, no fix in sight, company doesn't care.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    WTH??? LvL 101 Wizard who is on a PVE server QQing over a PK battle.

What has this world come to. b:shocked
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Maybe you should have slept him before throwing on your ulti.
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    rhapsodus wrote: »
    Maybe you should have slept him before throwing on your ulti.

The point they are trying to get across is that sins should NOT be able to stealth when in combat.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    The point they are trying to get across is that sins should NOT be able to stealth when in combat.

They they would be under-powered.

The biggest issue I find with Assasins is that they can spark while in stealth. Other than that they are not that over-powered.

You guys just are lazy on learning how to defend against them.
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    How can a sin "Hide in shadows" when there are no shadows to hide in? :p

In a different mmo that had this forced stealth thing, they had a balance for it by having the character still appear on and be targetable by clicking on them on the mini map.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The biggest issue I find with Assasins is that they can spark while in stealth. Other than that they are not that over-powered.
    We can't spark from stealth anymore.
    but he DISAPPEAR!!!. My question is. Is this the BALANCED game in your sight? GM pls. answer. I want to know what I can do against them.
    Thanks
    As far as I know, channeling spells still hit stealthed sins. BoA works particularly well against escaping sins. Also, we can only stealth while in combat once as shadow escape has a loooong cooldown.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    See above.

There is nothing for anyone to complain about from you guys anymore.

/thread
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    How long of a cooldown is it?

You can't tell since my avatar is broken but if you look in my profile you can see that this character is a level 23 sin I started working on to better understand the class so I can counter them better in TW. That and I got gold frost daggers as a drop in one of my venos frost runs. Help me learn the class.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thing is, the cooldown might be long for shadow escape or whatever, but they do it once, sit in stealth till the cooldown has finished, then come out of stealth again. More than anything it's annoying as hell.

I had a stupid sin do that to me 5 times in a row - attack out of stealth, sleep, seal, stun etc, then when He failed, he'd stealth.

Even if I got a hit in, he'd have Deaden on, so a 1hit was no longer a 1hit, and, as a note to what was said before, I'd channel a skill, and it wouuldn't hit him as he stealthed.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Um... SO in other words this is just a QQ thread because wizards have slow channeling timeb:question..Well honestly how much more do you want assassins nurfed? You already got them nurfed since we can no longer 3spark while in stealth. Seriously if you cant handle Pk mode then just stay blue(unless your in a PvP server that is).
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nope, broken class, no fix in sight, company doesn't care.

This ^(o.o)
    They they would be under-powered.

You guys just are lazy on learning how to defend against them.

Yesh sparked stealth be broken.
    We can't spark from stealth anymore.

As far as I know, channeling spells still hit stealthed sins. BoA works particularly well against escaping sins. Also, we can only stealth while in combat once as shadow escape has a loooong cooldown.

Yes sins can still single and double spark.
    b:surrender

They should grant archers and mayhaps wizards an anti stealth skill.
    Mayhaps like some sort of flare for the archer and some sort of revealing mist or something for wizzy both with 45 meter range. (since sin teleport be like 35 meters)
    Sins can just om nom nom your charm slowly and annoyingly.
    Q_Q
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1.they have reveal apoth but that stuff is very very weak, like the max level sin can only be seen by other sins with the same levels.

2.and sins can still 1 spark and 2 sparks in stealth

3.pve or pvp server, in dragon temple its pvp

4.bring along a sin friend as a sin detector lol
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It happened in dragon temple event. I was attacked by assassin from invisibility of course. Finally when I survived stunts, critical, etc I was going to hit him with looong channeling spell(because of course mages have incredible long channeling time regardless of used spell in compare with his attack rate), but he DISAPPEAR!!!. My question is. Is this the BALANCED game in your sight? GM pls. answer. I want to know what I can do against them.
    Thanks

fishmiami.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1.they have reveal apoth but that stuff is very very weak, like the max level sin can only be seen by other sins with the same levels. Makes anyone that be a non-assassin use their apoc cooldown.

2.and sins can still 1 spark and 2 sparks in stealth

3.pve or pvp server, in dragon temple its pvp

4.bring along a sin friend as a sin detector lol sin friend has to be same level and hope that he be decently geared enough else the other sin might just sneak out and om nom nom friend first then get you after.

b:surrender

fishmiami.gif

Failed image status: Fixed.
    ^.^

Lols poor wizzy.
    :<
    and why he wearing double sunglasses?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks

Detection pots O.o
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    does anyone realise how useless we'd be without stealth?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well of course they won't fix a damn thing, think about how much money they've made from the people who made sins, especially the ones who cash shopped to 100 and got event items or Nirvanas or the like.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    well, hamsta, there are no other ways to reveal them lol

@Woneo, you can have stealth but what about the extreme poison move,stun, 2nd life, 1 damage received buff, tele stun, sleep that you can do? even if you cannot stealth, you can simply do your movement buff, move that increase atk level by 30 and tele right next to your target and kill him/her

im not complaining its unfair, but there has to be a way for non sins to reveal runaway sins.
  • DrDrakkentre - Lost City
    DrDrakkentre - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone realize how useless bms would be without stealth?
    ...Oh wait they don't have stealth and they manage fine....b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Does anyone realize the only useless sins without stealth are people like YOU that never learned how to play without it?

Break out of the class limits. Good venos pk without pets (look around the fourms plenty of venos do it) and good sins can kill without stealth. (Look at the fourms, lots of sins agree)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone realize the only useless sins without stealth are people like YOU that never learned how to play without it?

Break out of the class limits. Good venos pk without pets (look around the fourms plenty of venos do it) and good sins can kill without stealth. (Look at the fourms, lots of sins agree)

I would love to see any Veno PK without a pet these days. Atleast useful PKing. I usally PK without myself actually doing anything. Its more amuzing watching my pet munch down on Arcane builds.

Edit: I should point out that my PKing is sorta pointless. :P
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Detection pots O.o

Only works if you're one level above them and even then only for 15 seconds per 2 minutes. Worthless pots are worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    now you all are saying that assassins are not OP but what other class gains 155 chi every minute?, bcuz sage gives 50 chi, also why does a lv 71 assassin have a stealth lv of 96?
    then have to moves that give chi, one gives instant spark the other 50chi and paralyze the target, for some WEIRD reason a sin an jump and atk me when i paralyze them...
    the cool down on Shadow escape isn't that long....90secs.
    and why can't other classes have moves that increase atk lv?

and um....whats with the picture??....he is putting on shades...while wearing shades.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you all for answers, but I still waiting for answer from GM. Or they cowardly hide? And silently agree? That they don't have any answer? They reading this discussion, because they closing unappropriated threads. So why they don't telling anything? It make think about the game, and my conclusion is, the game is going really down hill for long time.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you all for answers, but I still waiting for answer from GM. Or they cowardly hide? And silently agree? That they don't have any answer? They reading this discussion, because they closing unappropriated threads. So why they don't telling anything? It make think about the game, and my conclusion is, the game is going really down hill for long time.b:sad

it seems they do hide in the shadows, some gms don't even know all the gms that existb:surrender, it seems they are spending more time and devotion on the new games to even care about perfect world. IF I AM WRONG A GM SHOULD SAY SO, other wise stay in your shadows and lurk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    If the game is going downhill then jump in. You might as well enjoy the ride.

200811030959.jpg

I sure am.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Mods can close threads too you know. If you really like a response from a GM, send a ticket. Asking for a GM in a forum thread is not the way. And im sure they have better stuff to do and fix than this.

oh and even if a gm do respond, they might not be able to do thing about tideborns, your best way to talk to the developers is by using the pw cn.
  • Clavier - Dreamweaver
    Clavier - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thing is, the cooldown might be long for shadow escape or whatever, but they do it once, sit in stealth till the cooldown has finished, then come out of stealth again. More than anything it's annoying as hell.

I had a stupid sin do that to me 5 times in a row - attack out of stealth, sleep, seal, stun etc, then when He failed, he'd stealth.

Even if I got a hit in, he'd have Deaden on, so a 1hit was no longer a 1hit, and, as a note to what was said before, I'd channel a skill, and it wouuldn't hit him as he stealthed.

no offense, but as a sin I wont sit in stealth for more than a minute, unless I have a purpose to do so. if he cloaks then runs, well think of yourself as winning the fight cause he's either gonna sneak around and wait until you can pummel him with your spells again, and then cloak, or he'll 1-2 shot you, which wont happen.

People complain about the cloak mechanic too much, so as a result I feel a need to make a complaint list of all classes: (written in sarcasm for the world to see)

STOOPID WIZARD KEEPS KITING MEH, I CANT GET CLOSE TO HIM CUZ HES A NOOB WHO CAN'T STAND AND FIGHT MEH!!

STOOPID BM HE DROPPED DOWNZ IN TEH MIDDLE OF OUR PK FEST AND HFD BRAMBLE RAGED US ALL THEN HE RANZ AND HAS 5 APS WITH SPARK!! I CANT BEAT HIM SO HE'S A NOOB TOO!!!

STOOPID NIX IF IT WASNT FOR TEH DAMN BURD I WULDA KILLEDZ TEH VENO!! TEH VENO ISH A NOOB FOR USING A NIX!!

STOOPID BARB I CANT KILLZ IT CUZ IT HAS TOO MUCH HP AND DEFENSEZ!

STOOPID CLERIC KEEPS HEALZING ITSELF AND PUTTING MEH TO SLEEPZ!! HEZ A NOOB CUZ HE CAN'T FIGHT FAIR!!!

STOOPID ARCHER KEEPS STEALZING TEH AGRO AND HITZ MEH TOO HARD WHEN I FIGHTZ HIM, HES A NOOB CUZ HE'S PLAYING AN ARCHER!!!

STOOPID PSYCHIC CANT KEEP AGRO FROM HIM SO HEZ A NOOB FOR PLAYING IT! IT ALSO CAN HEAL AND AOE PURIFY AND I CAN'T CUZ IM A NOOB AND GET JEALOUS EASILY!! TEH PSYCHICS ARE GONNA TAKE MEH JOB AS A CLERIC I KNOWZ IT!!

STOOPID SIN POPS OUT OF STEALTH AND ATTACKS ME LIKE SOME KINDA NINJA, OR ASSASSIN! I REALIZE THATS PART OF BEING AN ASSASSIN BUT I WANT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ANYWAY! CUZ HEZ A NOOB!!!