Assassins again. GM answer pls.

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mods can close threads too you know. If you really like a response from a GM, send a ticket. Asking for a GM in a forum thread is not the way. And im sure they have better stuff to do and fix than this.

oh and even if a gm do respond, they might not be able to do thing about tideborns, your best way to talk to the developers is by using the pw cn.

I was just wandering, that answer could help lot of players. I just want to know, what to do against them. Except apothecary, which useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I was just wandering, that answer could help lot of players. I just want to know, what to do against them. Except apothecary, which useless.

So basically this QQ thread is a reach out for an answer from a GM "How to Kill a Assasin?".

/falls off chair in office laughing
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yea Mumintroll its not like i have anything against you, it is kinda hard to counter stealth.
    I mean the initial stealth is ok, but then if they cannot win a fight, it is kinda unfair for them to stealth away.

You brought up a legit topic, but look at what they have done so far, it took them like 6 months to even nerf triple spark while stealth, im sure this would take longer to be fixed.
    -> the usual process of a patch , especially a balance patch would be to monitor it for a time period before deciding to patch it again

Anyway, good luck with whatever you are searching off here. Even if you can reach a GM, and that GM talks to the developers, there is still no guarantee that they will fix this problem.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    no offense, but as a sin I wont sit in stealth for more than a minute, unless I have a purpose to do so. if he cloaks then runs, well think of yourself as winning the fight cause he's either gonna sneak around and wait until you can pummel him with your spells again, and then cloak, or he'll 1-2 shot you, which wont happen.

People complain about the cloak mechanic too much, so as a result I feel a need to make a complaint list of all classes: (written in sarcasm for the world to see)

STOOPID WIZARD KEEPS KITING MEH, I CANT GET CLOSE TO HIM CUZ HES A NOOB WHO CAN'T STAND AND FIGHT MEH!!

STOOPID BM HE DROPPED DOWNZ IN TEH MIDDLE OF OUR PK FEST AND HFD BRAMBLE RAGED US ALL THEN HE RANZ AND HAS 5 APS WITH SPARK!! I CANT BEAT HIM SO HE'S A NOOB TOO!!!

STOOPID NIX IF IT WASNT FOR TEH DAMN BURD I WULDA KILLEDZ TEH VENO!! TEH VENO ISH A NOOB FOR USING A NIX!!

STOOPID BARB I CANT KILLZ IT CUZ IT HAS TOO MUCH HP AND DEFENSEZ!

STOOPID CLERIC KEEPS HEALZING ITSELF AND PUTTING MEH TO SLEEPZ!! HEZ A NOOB CUZ HE CAN'T FIGHT FAIR!!!

STOOPID ARCHER KEEPS STEALZING TEH AGRO AND HITZ MEH TOO HARD WHEN I FIGHTZ HIM, HES A NOOB CUZ HE'S PLAYING AN ARCHER!!!

STOOPID PSYCHIC CANT KEEP AGRO FROM HIM SO HEZ A NOOB FOR PLAYING IT! IT ALSO CAN HEAL AND AOE PURIFY AND I CAN'T CUZ IM A NOOB AND GET JEALOUS EASILY!! TEH PSYCHICS ARE GONNA TAKE MEH JOB AS A CLERIC I KNOWZ IT!!

STOOPID SIN POPS OUT OF STEALTH AND ATTACKS ME LIKE SOME KINDA NINJA, OR ASSASSIN! I REALIZE THATS PART OF BEING AN ASSASSIN BUT I WANT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ANYWAY! CUZ HEZ A NOOB!!!

no offense but you are only lvl 30+, you havent even seen what most sins are capable of in the higher levels. The fact that they can double spark in stealth, have so many debuffs and buffs, is kinda OP.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you all for answers, but I still waiting for answer from GM. Or they cowardly hide? And silently agree? That they don't have any answer? They reading this discussion, because they closing unappropriated threads. So why they don't telling anything? It make think about the game, and my conclusion is, the game is going really down hill for long time.b:sad

GMs can't fix game issues, only Beijing devs can. Try a well formulated letter in Mandarin and tell us how that went.
    now you all are saying that assassins are not OP but what other class gains 155 chi every minute?, bcuz sage gives 50 chi, also why does a lv 71 assassin have a stealth lv of 96?
    then have to moves that give chi, one gives instant spark the other 50chi and paralyze the target, for some WEIRD reason a sin an jump and atk me when i paralyze them...
    the cool down on Shadow escape isn't that long....90secs.
    and why can't other classes have moves that increase atk lv?

Psys have attack level modifiers. Also, I can gain a whole lot more than 155 Chi per minute as a Sage Veno. l2pw
    and um....whats with the picture??....he is putting on shades...while wearing shades.....

It is beyond your comprehension GSnipes, your undying hatred for **** people is consuming memory space for common knowledge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
    edited June 2010
    Thanks guys for suggestions. I know very well, that answer doesn't exist. I just wanted to hear it from GM. Maybe then will they realize that something has to be done about it. As more people complain we have better chance to get it fixed.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    no offense, but as a sin I wont sit in stealth for more than a minute, unless I have a purpose to do so. if he cloaks then runs, well think of yourself as winning the fight cause he's either gonna sneak around and wait until you can pummel him with your spells again, and then cloak, or he'll 1-2 shot you, which wont happen.
    -snip-

Offense intended, but you be a level 30 which who can't even stay in perma stealth even if you wanted to (not even mana regen, would cost you quite a bit in pots, etc), and you be in a PvE server so the only form of PvP you'll ever get be either duels (Which the time limit on duels would end the fight), owned in world pvp (because only highly geared people stay white named in PvE), or TW (which you probably won't do much in, me gauging this from your current skill level.)
    b:bye

And your lack of thinking capabilities be showing....
    Srsly? sneak around? lols this isn't WoW or any other game with proximity detection already in placed lols.
    Also good luck 1-2 shotting a wizzy with like 13k+ non buffed P def
    (Hex could really do with moar hp though)
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As far as I know, channeling spells still hit stealthed sins. BoA works particularly well against escaping sins. Also, we can only stealth while in combat once as shadow escape has a loooong cooldown.

I'm not sure about PvP, but this is correct in PvE; Whenever I do into stealth when being attacked by a magic mob, I usually get hit 1-2 times by each monster after I go invisible before they wander off.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So to summarize the author's QQ thread...

"GMs most players are not happeh with stealth...Pwease make it so sins cannot stealth, and also how about not being able to move to? So i can 1 shot them while I twiple spark and winz b:laugh."

Yes I am being sarcasticb:surrender.
    edited June 2010
    I'm not sure about PvP, but this is correct in PvE; Whenever I do into stealth when being attacked by a magic mob, I usually get hit 1-2 times by each monster after I go invisible before they wander off.

I'm not sure. I started channeling when he disappear and I automatically lost target and channeling was interrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    solution: freeze lock him, stun him, force of will him and he'd be dead in no time? Just a thought b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    does anyone realise how useless we'd be without stealth?
    Yea it's not like you have high attack speed which is OP as hell with -int, tele stun, stuns, sleeps, and freezes out the ****, increased crit rate move that prevents you from dying and gives 20% hp, AND a move that makes you take only 1 damage.

Yep, you'd be just as useless in PvP as you are in PvE now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited June 2010
    solution: freeze lock him, stun him, force of will him and he'd be dead in no time? Just a thought b:shocked

Wizzy?
    they get off like 3 hits on you before you can get off a single attack.
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yea it's not like you have high attack speed which is OP as hell with -int, tele stun, stuns, sleeps, and freezes out the ****, increased crit rate move that prevents you from dying and gives 20% hp, AND a move that makes you take only 1 damage.

Yep, you'd be just as useless in PvP as you are in PvE now.

you know I got immobilized lots of times, and guess what's the potion for that? Leap and distance shrink (human race).

Sleep from a sin makes me LOL so much, absolutely dumb in PVP and PVE. For a ranged class that can be scary. But sleep breaks on damage, which is completely pointless.

high attack speed can also be gained by BMs while instant channeling can be gained by wizzies

That prevent from death to heal 20% is useless once the sin is stun locked.

Not saying assassins are not OP. They actually are in solo PVE for sure (knife throw's range, too much chi gain from skills like tackling slash, puncture wound DOT)

@ hamsta force of will is fast enough to stop them o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited June 2010
    you know I got immobilized lots of times, and guess what's the potion for that? Leap and distance shrink (human race).

Sleep from a sin makes me LOL so much, absolutely dumb in PVP and PVE. For a ranged class that can be scary. But sleep breaks on damage, which is completely pointless.

high attack speed can also be gained by BMs while instant channeling can be gained by wizzies

That prevent from death is useless once the sin is stun locked.

Not saying assassins are not OP. They actually are in solo PVE for sure (knife throw's range, too much chi gain from skills like tackling slash, puncture wound DOT)

Immobilized followed by teleport/shadow teleport sucks ****....(distance shrink/leap back, and they'll warp right next to you) b:surrender

Sleep = interrupts skills that be channeling. Q_Q (annoying as heck for a wizard)

Instant channeling needs 2 sparks. *sad hamster*

Deaden Nerve still goes off if stun locked. and they can just genie out of it then stealth away.
    x.x'
    and the 1/4% chance for all attacks to "miss" be over powered.
    :/
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Last time I checked, wiz can't freeze someone. The wiz stun takes ages to cast... might as well cast dragon.

I don't even know why I bother to reply to you but... Our sleep allow us to sleep someone from stealth and triple spark in front of them while watching them **** themself (in their sleep O.o). We then gain chi and Headhunt stun before sleep is up.

Sleep also interrupts channel on ult casting in case you haven't noticed (got Hamsta ninjaed). Its also a way to give self time for charm, stun skills to cool down and etc. It can aslo be combined with our freeze to keep a Barb in place for pratically forever, without the use of any chi. Yea, sleep's pointless.
    edited June 2010
    (got Hamsta ninjaed).

By 7 minutes?
    O_o'
    b:puzzled
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    By 7 minutes?
    O_o'
    b:puzzled

I take my time with my posts o.O
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010

That prevent from death to heal 20% is useless once the sin is stun locked.

@ hamsta force of will is fast enough to stop them o_o
    Wow..... please get to 90+ before ever posting again, as you have no idea how the game even works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited June 2010
    O...kie...
    me has a great idea for a Rising Tide Expansion Part 2.

PW makes contact with British Petroleum (That foreigner at book 28 actually be a employee for BP, Le Gasp! The chocolate just be a way to convince the natives that they be the good guys.), BP accidentally has another oil spill in the waters of PW.
    Nearly all tideborn gets wiped out. The ones that do survive go back to their city to recuperate and rebuild.

:D

Developers then take this time to fix issues such as skills used during stealth, stealth detection issues, balancing issues, etc. After they be done properly thinking out the expansion and fixing bugs, developers reintroduce tideborn in the Rising Tide part 3 expansion.

(>.<)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I thought about posting someting about Yulk about how he has become the master of Noobness, but that require too much trouble and I cbb.

And back on topic, There is 3 way out for you, 1 . quite the game, 2 just deal with it like everybody else or 3 play a sin if you cant beat them join them. A year now since you said "I will pawn all those ppl wrong against me since I was low" I yet to see you done anything, I'm waiting for you to smack someone and actually grow out of your noobness and QQ non stop stage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
    edited June 2010
    I thought about posting someting about Yulk about how he has become the master of Noobness, but that require too much trouble and I cbb.

And back on topic, There is 3 way out for you, 1 . quite the game, 2 just deal with it like everybody else or 3 play a sin if you cant beat them join them. A year now since you said "I will pawn all those ppl wrong against me since I was low" I yet to see you done anything, I'm waiting for you to smack someone and actually grow out of your noobness and QQ non stop stage.

So wanted balanced game is noobness? You are noob just you proved it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    So wanted balanced game is noobness? You are noob just you proved it.

Yea!! you agree with me that I proved your noobness b:laugh

every body knew unless there are changes made at pw-cn, nothing will be changed here
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    How can a sin "Hide in shadows" when there are no shadows to hide in? :p

In a different mmo that had this forced stealth thing, they had a balance for it by having the character still appear on and be targetable by clicking on them on the mini map.

Actually i know of several games where they can force stealth & completely vanish. It is part of the Archetype.

As to how they can hide in shadows in front of your face, its a common ninjitsu (or batman) maneuver. Smoke pellets & distraction. They unfortunately dont animate that to give you the impression, but imagine a smoke gust appearing in between you & them & before it can clear, they're gone. Its not so far fetched.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This thread deserves a fail troll post.

Done, please continue.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    This thread deserves a fail troll post.

Done, please continue.

b:laugh I will try to troll the failed troll post b:cute
  • A/ - Harshlands11
    A/ - Harshlands11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sins can stealth? Really? Are you sure? Ohhh, so that's what that skill is.......seriously though, if the sin has failed to take you out and then has force stealthed in order to regroup and try again, try hitting the button on the left side of your keyboard labeled "tab". When another mob close to you has been selected (hopefully within the general area of the sin), cast your quickest aoe skill and you might be able to knock the sin out of stealth if you are fast enough or lucky enough. I have been blasted while in stealth numerous times by an aoe skill which was cast before I could exit the area. There are ways around everything people, you just have to study your opponents methods and capabilities to find the ways.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:laugh I will try to troll the failed troll post b:cute

a lvl 2 with 224 posts ! *bows* you fail post even more b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    itt; lv101 OP class crying about new OP class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    a lvl 2 with 224 posts ! *bows* you fail post even more b:chuckle

you fail i fail we all fail b:chuckle and OP fail