TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Protecting Nef lands or other Regi lands? None that I've seen, unless you count $Merchant, but I don't think they are trying to make fake bid since they haven't gone to a bid war, at least not yet.

The hell u smoking bro? lol we went in every single of our TWs. There's no need for Regi to fake bid, they rolled Nef in 15 mins. And Regi is loved more than Nef since they know sharing and caring b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Apparently Nef doesn't care about map domination, that there is a big misunderstanding as to their motives. I have an ss from a nef marshall saying this xD
    There is a diff. between not caring and kinda giving up =o they dont exactly have the pic of the litter atm. (hence the series of training on their side which is...something i havnt seen to this scale in the last year and a half)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I heard that there is no more Nefcam at 1k officer, any Neffie can make that pot now. GG b:kiss

Show me sum loves now b:dirty then when R9 is available, I'll return the favor, or else you won't see it b:angry
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Protecting Nef lands or other Regi lands? None that I've seen, unless you count $Merchant, but I don't think they are trying to make fake bid since they haven't gone to a bid war, at least not yet.

It's not necessarily a fake bid since all someone would have to do is take a smaller faction, and arrange it with their leader to attack a specific land to disrupt TW slotting. Most TW factions are familiar with how bidding/ time-slotting works for TW, so you have an idea of what lands need to be bid on to potentially disrupt slotting of triple attacks. Happened these last two weeks I believe ;o

All I'm saying is small scale factions bidding insistently on certain lands is kind of suspicious, especially when it occurs on lands that disrupt the slottings we go for.

I'd count a fake bid to be something like what happened with SOVIET recently, where a nef member known to be running that faction ended up getting banned for the bid.
    edited June 2010
    It's not necessarily a fake bid since all someone would have to do is take a smaller faction, and arrange it with their leader to attack a specific land to disrupt TW slotting. Most TW factions are familiar with how bidding/ time-slotting works for TW, so you have an idea of what lands need to be bid on to potentially disrupt slotting of triple attacks. Happened these last two weeks I believe ;o

All I'm saying is small scale factions bidding insistently on certain lands is kind of suspicious, especially when it occurs on lands that disrupt the slottings we go for.

I'd count a fake bid to be something like what happened with SOVIET recently, where a nef member known to be running that faction ended up getting banned for the bid.
    well you know its either sad pple or scared pple >.>
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Not bad Saru :p
    Arigatou :D
    edited June 2010
    RR and LG did nice this time ;o
    What was interesting to see is that there was no attack from Nefarious this week. Are they trying to keep their remaining lands or do they slowly but steadily want to take the TW pressure off their members? Or is there another hidden motive we did not see?
    Hard to think their taking pressure off. They were all rushing on their mounts like they were gonna miss an airplane flight, and used tele stones which, if only going against Angeles, didnt have to rush that much as they did.

it surprised me they still tried to steam roll the first 2 factions and THEN attempt regi...its an overall waste of tele scrolls b:surrender
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry if this sounds like nit-picking but the Oldies battle with Nefarious on 6/13/2010 was around 15 minutes not 6. This doesn't change the outcome of the TW, but would at least show that it was a much more valiant effort than the 6 minute battle listed in the report.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sad individual.

And KayLinda, if Sarunya doesnt get contacted about times, she usually just puts 6 minutes, wasn't to discredit Oldies.
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think if both sides have fun, time shouldn't matter :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Completely offtopic. But considering this entire thread is basically 90% offtopic, my offtopic is ontopic.

Hey evga, everytime I see your siggy, that armour reminds me of a sperm... Look at it.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    sorry, i'm suppose to make a new signature... but i haven't got about doing it... been busy lately even though it's summer break, maybe next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarunya - Sanctuary
    Sarunya - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry if this sounds like nit-picking but the Oldies battle with Nefarious on 6/13/2010 was around 15 minutes not 6. This doesn't change the outcome of the TW, but would at least show that it was a much more valiant effort than the 6 minute battle listed in the report.

Ty for letting me know, edited. ^_^

And ty Strife for the pre-battle. Good job, not many attacks this weekend tho. Hope that it will still be fun b:cute Also what's up with this silly song on the bottom strife lawl?

Gl in the wars everyone~
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Strife could totally turn this battlefront report into the storyline of a movie! The grim realities of the war waged every weekend on sanctuary!
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    "Intense" bid wars between lesser known factions competing for key spots against more well known factions continue on. Where do these factions find the funds to compete for key slots in coordinated line-ups? Why are they so determined to bid on a certain land despite the obvious costs of getting in a bid war over land? If they just wanted to TW why wouldn't they just bid on any open land for the minimum bid fee? Mysteries~

There's no mystery b:victory

Example BikBottom faction, I've seen a-godly-uber-awesome-gear cleric's wiz alt in that faction, what does it tell you? b:laugh Only time will tell b:chuckle

Anyhow, hopefully it will be fun in this weekend TWs. G/L to every1 b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Linchen - Sanctuary
    Linchen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well no bad feelings nef, but its pretty boring.
    sad to see u dont love challenge or TW for fun....nvm but u dont deserve any territory on the map atm

and yes i know its QQ but ur last 5 TWs against regi just show it
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well no bad feelings nef, but its pretty boring.
    sad to see u dont love challenge or TW for fun....nvm but u dont deserve any territory on the map atm

and yes i know its QQ but ur last 5 TWs against regi just show it

How come no one attacks regicide? IF you want to talk about deserving, try a triple defense every weekend for months and months and berating comments from the entire server for a year.

ijs, you have no rigth to say such things, as does anybody else.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    How come no one attacks regicide?

People don't attack regicide because Nef doesn't attack Regicide, even on 1v1. I understand Nef is trying to rebuild but shying away from challenging TWs is not going to make the situation any better. I guess the reasoning is that putting up an actual fight and losing is bad for morale but getting into the mindset that Reg is untouchable is alot more dangerous.

Really Nef, like any dominant faction, is made of 3 types of people

1) Those loyal to the faction
    2) Those who want to be in the most powerful faction
    3) Those interested in the coins

People in #1 are the core Nef and hard to replace. These people leave due to internal drama and apathy. People in #2 are the well-geared and useful for TW but the avoidance of challenging TWs does not appeal to them. People in #3 will be staying as long as Nef still has alot of land but they just aren't as useful as the core people in #1 or even the people in #2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    People don't attack regicide because Nef doesn't attack Regicide, even on 1v1. I understand Nef is trying to rebuild but shying away from challenging TWs is not going to make the situation any better. I guess the reasoning is that putting up an actual fight and losing is bad for morale but getting into the mindset that Reg is untouchable is alot more dangerous.

Really Nef, like any dominant faction, is made of 3 types of people

1) Those loyal to the faction
    2) Those who want to be in the most powerful faction
    3) Those interested in the coins

People in #1 are the core Nef and hard to replace. These people leave due to internal drama and apathy. People in #2 are the well-geared and useful for TW but the avoidance of challenging TWs does not appeal to them. People in #3 will be staying as long as Nef still has alot of land but they just aren't as useful as the core people in #1 or even the people in #2.

errr, one problem, there is still so many people attacking nef for fun... so it's not really because that we don't attack reg that nobody does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    How come no one attacks regicide? IF you want to talk about deserving, try a triple defense every weekend for months and months and berating comments from the entire server for a year.

ijs, you have no rigth to say such things, as does anybody else.

You can also say "IF you talk about deserving then fight against a faction for month that holds all land." It's not one faction that is doing this as we know.
    IF you continue this train of thoughts then you may want to see also other than Regi take land from Nefarious what will happen if Nefarious isn't defending against Regicide.

And Regicide is being attacked btw.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Epic tw tonight :P i had a lot of fun b:laugh can we do this again next week, please?

oh btw, don't bother attacking reg, attack us, i want fun tw :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Papinjo - Sanctuary
    Papinjo - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    errr, one problem, there is still so many people attacking nef for fun... so it's not really because that we don't attack NEF that nobody does.

rofl i never knew Evgaga was in Regicide b:chuckle b:chuckle
    edited June 2010
    Nice one this week LG. You guys had the largest bunch on ya but got it in the end.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    rofl i never knew Evgaga was in Regicide b:chuckle b:chuckle

you saw nothing!
    Nice one this week LG. You guys had the largest bunch on ya but got it in the end.

errrrr, i don't think so... nef is outnumbered... lol about 2 to 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010

Believe he was referring to how many people Nef had defending us. Heard there was quite a lot of squad shuffling going on in the Nef camp.

Anyway, awesome TW. Was literally on the edge of my seat counting down Nef's HQ when it dipped under a mil HP. Stayed dead in your base watching it drop. I think our barbs said they all died like right as the "victory" message appeared. Absolutely epic. There were like four DB's on them and I couldn't tell whose barrage belonged to who. Oh man, so awesome xD
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Last nights tw was very fun, though yeah nef had its forces split in half...amplified I am glad was pretty much a non factor, cus then the rest of us had fun b:laugh

But anyway, what might be interesting to avoid 5 minute tws....though of course no one would do this for the sake of having a good time...would be if a far superior faction would send only the minimal amount of forces necessary in their mind to win the fight against a weaker faction. The idea is to make the fight even, that way you get that whole effect of anyone can win the battle, funner for both sides than that 5 minute ****. As I said though, this sort of idea would never realistically work, since losing and winning for most people are far too important, more important than having a good time at any rate for alot of people. Most likely this would turn into as soon as the stronger faction found they were losing, they would flood the tw and annihilate the weaker faction...rather then just trying to fight it out to the end with an equal force...which turns into just bleeding out the other side in a massacre.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ye if i didnt believe strengths of the factions would equal up soon i wouldve quit the game already, cos patience has limits.. i believe alot more people are thinking the same, who like TW, and if its once again solo nef vs reg all the time, those 2 factions can just keep the sanctuary for themselves and play there alone with their god cashshop or territory-money-earned gear :>
    i do believe/hope soon more factions will come into the tw arena :) i just really start hating both nef and regi for all sanctuary talking only about those 2, like superstar factions Lol.. thats boring reading same all over and over and over again :) (i honestly believe more then half of godlike - geared players in game are just fat no lifers who earn money by receiving their allowances instead of working or stealing from their parents and playing 24/7 and buying game money therefore killing the game for people who do have lives, that is why i think this as all rpg games is unequal, but still managable then its raining outside, and tv shows are even worse..) tired, so just said whats on my mind and i believe at some point this is true.. (took me a year to get 98lvl with 85-90lvl gear playing the normal 1-2hours/day and having no alts)
    honestly - real world these days Still have better graphics then games, dont kill ur time for games and take it easy :>
    vacation ftw ^^
    edited June 2010
    regi and LG usually was like 3-4 to 1 against nef before. im willing to bet nef had the 'outnumbered' advantage for about say... maybe a good year or so (from the start of LGs decline and regis rise) whys that even an issue when all the other factions have been through that? b:question
    Last nights tw was very fun, though yeah nef had its forces split in half...amplified I am glad was pretty much a non factor, cus then the rest of us had fun b:laugh
    we had fun too hehe. its not every time you get to have 4 cata in nef base and take it down literally to half in such a short time span with so little pple. *giddy* The future TWs will certainly be exciting =D i cant wait what we do with just an increase of 15-20 more pple
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Believe he was referring to how many people Nef had defending us. Heard there was quite a lot of squad shuffling going on in the Nef camp.

Anyway, awesome TW. Was literally on the edge of my seat counting down Nef's HQ when it dipped under a mil HP. Stayed dead in your base watching it drop. I think our barbs said they all died like right as the "victory" message appeared. Absolutely epic. There were like four DB's on them and I couldn't tell whose barrage belonged to who. Oh man, so awesome xD

QQ, i was one of those, i came into leg to help secure the defense, then jump back to ene when everything looks ok... but 10 minutes later, we lost b:cry i was like wth, i thought everything was secure b:angry
    Last nights tw was very fun, though yeah nef had its forces split in half...amplified I am glad was pretty much a non factor, cus then the rest of us had fun

But anyway, what might be interesting to avoid 5 minute tws....though of course no one would do this for the sake of having a good time...would be if a far superior faction would send only the minimal amount of forces necessary in their mind to win the fight against a weaker faction. The idea is to make the fight even, that way you get that whole effect of anyone can win the battle, funner for both sides than that 5 minute ****. As I said though, this sort of idea would never realistically work, since losing and winning for most people are far too important, more important than having a good time at any rate for alot of people. Most likely this would turn into as soon as the stronger faction found they were losing, they would flood the tw and annihilate the weaker faction...rather then just trying to fight it out to the end with an equal force...which turns into just bleeding out the other side in a massacre.

tbh, if all nef tw become 5 minutes roll, i would look for a different faction, the only reason, i actually played this game for so long (i hate mmorpg normally) is because of tw. i did expect to stop playing this game about 1 and half year ago... but tw is like a drug... i think i'm an addict b:shocked
    regi and LG usually was like 3-4 to 1 against nef before. im willing to bet nef had the 'outnumbered' advantage for about say... maybe a good year or so (from the start of LGs decline and regis rise) whys that even an issue when all the other factions have been through that? b:question

i think the numbers were 240 against 130-150. but like i posted on the other thread, force multiplier comes to play. We lost a lot of members who acted as those force multiplier leading a more clear 2 to 1 advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    QQ, i was one of those, i came into leg to help secure the defense, then jump back to ene when everything looks ok... but 10 minutes later, we lost b:cry i was like wth, i thought everything was secure b:angry
    very interesting o_O
    Must not underestimate former #1-2 of the server i guess, they got a diff. kind of fire most new factions dont.