The largest fail update ever

Comments

• drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Here's the thing, and it's really not that hard to understand ...

Should a squad be able to complete most/any instance in 4 hours or less? Yeah, sure, probably. But I'm certain we've all been in one or two of those hellish situations where people come and go from the squad, some guy loses power to a thunderstorm, someone goes afk, you party wipe a few times for dumb reasons, etc. Suppose you're in your 3-3 with about 15 minutes to go, and you still have 1 or 2 bosses left. You try finishing it, but with about 1 million HP left on one of the bosses, you all get kicked out. Are you going to think:

a) Oh well, it's completely our fault. We should have finished it 5 minutes sooner, we're such noobs.

b) Stupid developers. Why couldn't they have given me a slightly longer timer?

All those who answered "a" gtfo, we already have enough trolls. Of course you're going to be thinking "b," and you should. Whether or not you could or should finish the instance in 4 hours, there's no reason you should have to. It's pointless. Mobs reset in 20 hours. If there's some bizarre technical reason why you can't make them not respawn, give me a 19 hour 59 minute timer (or somewhere in between, but 4 hours is just plain dumb, period end of discussion).

Keep in mind that they also removed dominance blessings at the same time. While I actually applaud that change, it stands to reason that if people are doing 10% less damage, the instance is going to take approximately 10% longer. For those borderline squads that might have been pushing the 4 hour time limit before, that's going to be a significant issue. I like reverting back to the "olden days" with no blessings, but you have to keep in mind that it's all related. You can't make one change without considering its impact on the rest of the game.

10% of 4 hours is 24 minutes. So do all you people who think "any decent squad" can finish any instance in 4 hours still think that any decent squad could also finish it in 3 hours 36 minutes? That sounds like a much tougher challenge to me.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    no Rose i'm annoyed when somone like you is pointing out obvious ****. I know damn well the US based team controlls the boutique. might wanna go back up i added more. Let's get back on topic, like how MOST of us are pissed off at this time limit. Do you even have a veno? I assume no since you have no problem with this. Wait till u do a high lvl instance with people that haven't done it before. Run out of time before you get to the last boss cause "sh.t happens" then tell us how u think this is fine. They need to increase it to 6 hours or just stop mobs from repopping...

Edit: way to put our thought down perfect jiggle. I dont' see how anyone can freaking think this is a good thing.
  • ogrant
    ogrant Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Me me me me me....

QQ more ;)

Nothing wrong with the patch at all...you are wrong in being so selfish b:bye

Yeah think about game owners who need to make cash from you and your friends.
    At 72, ANY instance that you can open should not take you 4hrs.

For veno lv 69 fb69 solo (skip bosses) takes 5-6 hours.
    You ask what the use of it? For example, a veno wants to bring friends to fb69 but she likes killing mobs more than gathering mats or paying for token wine.

FF for lv 70-80 full squad takes 6-10 hours, depending on experience.

Brim...

Do you really want these examples? I guess all you want is to show how overpowered and elite you are. And brush of a low DD with "sorry we can't make it in 4 hours with DDs like that". And maybe earn some extra money from last TT bosses where some newbie squads can not reach within time limit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    no Rose i'm annoyed when somone like you is pointing out obvious ****. I know damn well the US based team controlls the boutique. might wanna go back up i added more. Let's get back on topic, like how MOST of us are pissed off at this time limit. Do you even have a veno? I assume no since you have no problem with this. Wait till u do a high lvl instance with people that haven't done it before. Run out of time before you get to the last boss cause "sh.t happens" then tell us how u think this is fine. They need to increase it to 6 hours or just stop mobs from repopping...

I am posting the obvious .... that you should have thought of before posting your lame responses just to ..... at people.

And LOL...I teach people how to do 3-3 and the like. 100% brand new squad to 3-3 = NO MORE then 2.5hrs.

Sorry if you run with fail people, but I know 100% no instance should take more then 4 hrs. If it does, you have an insanely bad squad and it is not worth it anyways.

I have 2 venos as well..keep trying cupcake :)
    ogrant wrote: »
    For veno lv 69 fb69 solo (skip bosses) takes 5-6 hours.
    You ask what the use of it? For example, a veno wants to bring friends to fb69 but she likes killing mobs more than gathering mats or paying for token wine.

FF for lv 70-80 full squad takes 6-10 hours, depending on experience.

Brim...

Do you really want these examples? I guess all you want is to show how overpowered and elite you are. And brush of a low DD with "sorry we can't make it in 4 hours with DDs like that". And maybe earn some extra money from last TT bosses where some newbie squads can not reach within time limit.

LOL?!

Failness at its finest....5-6hrs/6-10hrs for FF? ROFl....wow....I commend you, I am speechless...lol

Must be some odd PvE way...ffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    another +1 to ogrant lol
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    All those who answered "a" gtfo, we already have enough trolls. Of course you're going to be thinking "b," and you should. Whether or not you could or should finish the instance in 4 hours, there's no reason you should have to[/i[. It's pointless. Mobs reset in 20 hours. If there's some bizarre technical reason why you can't make them not respawn, give me a 19 hour 59 minute timer (or somewhere in between, but 4 hours is just plain dumb, period end of discussion).

Exactly. 4hr time limit is not what we need, and it doesn't serve any purpose. Time limit, however, does. In my opinion dev's just chose some random amount of hours and put it in game. It isn't reasonable, but players have to deal with it. Basic rule is: if there is a stupid thing in the game, only Chinese players have a chance to change it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I am posting the obvious .... that you should have thought of before posting your lame responses just to ..... at people.

And LOL...I teach people how to do 3-3 and the like. 100% brand new squad to 3-3 = NO MORE then 2.5hrs.

Sorry if you run with fail people, but I know 100% no instance should take more then 4 hrs. If it does, you have an insanely bad squad and it is not worth it anyways.

I have 2 venos as well..keep trying cupcake :)

LOL?!

Failness at its finest....5-6hrs/6-10hrs for FF? ROFl....wow....I commend you, I am speechless...lol

He's talking solo not squaded moron. more likely afk'ing for breaks as well. might wanna read Drjiggle's post too and try and wrap your head around that before u post again.

Uh strike that first half... he DID say squaded for FF 70-80 6-10 hours..... christ that's a long time....
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's total **** right there. we got so mad about the horns they TOOK THEM OUT. Hello... the GM's CAN TALK TO THE DEVS. get your **** straight b4 u post.

So what? Those where the horns and the GM's took them out of the game..

Theres also a TON of other stuff people been QQ about WAY before the stupid horns where added and nothing has been done about that. :P

So if you get use to change gtfo and stop QQing or just quit because flameing and QQing about a game is not going anything.

So get over it already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    He's talking solo not squaded moron. more likely afk'ing for breaks as well. might wanna read Drjiggle's post too and try and wrap your head around that before u post again.

Solo too idiot...there I can do it too b:cute

5-6hrs...rofl

Wrap your head around this...The Game is TOO easy!! People are pissed bc now they (I will say it again), maybe have to work a little harder?

*faints* Oh the tragedy....

All people want to do is qqqqqqqqq, when in fact it is more they want the easiness of this game to stay. I will maintain NO instance should take 4hrs.

Write the dev's and complain...I see nothing wrong here b:bye

And yes..FF that long = FML.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kokin - Dreamweaver
    Kokin - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As a veno i like all the changes in this patch b:pleased

Even the 4h limit doesn't bother me since i can solo (even in squad mode) everything i need just in time.. way less time then 4h btw =P (even at lower lvls lol)

For the couple dungeons i can't solo in less then 4h, well, they aren't even worth it do solo them b:thanks
    So i'm pleased that now ppl won't afk for 30min or even more \o/

PS: As some1 already said, if u don't have time for a full run, just don't do it b:bye
  • ogrant
    ogrant Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ogrant you think i'm a fool? I know damn well more people = killing faster.
    Believe me, not everyone can realize that.
    Don't need your stupid freaking math example to realize that. SOME OF US LIKE DOING IT ALONE. We can afk when we want or HAVE to, not have to deal with "i need that mat or this mat".. it all goes to us. Not have to deal with someone f'ing up and killing everyone... which happened last night in a 69 when the barb decided to aoe knockback and knocked the mobs we three venos had into 6 other mobs that were walking near...
    I like it both ways. And I'm OK with someone's mistakes which make run slower - it is all fun. And profit. But this requires time, and I hate when I don't have time, that's why I write in this thread that this patch is a fail.
    And stop posting on your alt, post on your main.
    This is my main. I just don't hang a lot on forum, I like playing.
    see... i'm not the only one... *points at HappyBunny*

Point at me too.
    There's a lot of us.
    But those show-offs are in better position, because now is the time when they can say "I don't care, I can do this in 2 hours. Solo." Even when in fact they are a bit afraid and think whether to take this lv95 char to TT 3-3 or not, because he still didn't buy Lunar weapon from packs and didn't refine it to +10 so he can do low damage...
  • XxMountMexX - Sanctuary
    XxMountMexX - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone else notice what this thread is? just a massive QQ fest b:laugh

Anyways... I should congragulate pwi on officially becoming bumbling idiots... you have made the worst move to try and help the servers that i've seen yet... (however not all was bad.. just most).

You all keep QQ'ing on and on about the hypers being "nerfed" to only 10 activations a day.. suck it the *** up.. guess we just go back to the old ways of lvl'ing eh? and omg ppl will actually make time to properly gear themselves up... (hypers was a good move).

The 4 hour dungeon limit... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?... I've been in dungeons where I've sat there in squad trying to do something (warsong for instance when I was lvl 90) for close to 10 ****** hours.... its called being a gamer and wanting to know something knew... and honestly I've been in gamma and delta squads alike that have run to the 5 hour limit... what are we suppose to do... get to the final boss and have it damn near dead and get booted? HA no... the limit on the dungeons was never ****** needed due to the fact that you couldn't set a dungeon and keep it "open" persay.. cause it'd honestly kick you after 18 hours anyways... (its called a screensaver... always boots me off pwi)... anyways.. kill the ****** respawn of the mobs.. make us players reset the dungeons.. "problem fixed"

Oh and ppl... all this QQ'ing bout the blessings as well... DO YOU DO YOUR DAILIES?... you get a god damn blessing once per day from the old teacher, chose your damn dungeon you wanna use it in... I personally have like 90+ def blessings saved up (mainly for tw), so what the hell are you all QQ'ing about? srsly ppl... learn the damn game better... blessings are not everything in the damn dungeon.

/end of rant for now

P.S. pwi... plz get your heads straight and actually do things smart... the time limit on the dungeons have killed alot of players (solo'ing veno's, fail gamma/delta squads that refuse to give up, teaching parties for new dungeons, and many more that take MORE than 4 hours...), so come the *** on guys srsly... b:sweat
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    watch it MouneMe... Rose'll call u a fail idiot cause u take more then 4 hours to do things. b:surrender

I've said it (not to mention many others) over and over sh.t happens that can make u take longer and you just said it. Not to mention veno's solo'ing, taking breaks here and there can easily make u take longer. Especially if u suddenly have to do something in RL.
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OK... so if I understand correctly the only real complaints are from people who wanna solo an FB at their level - when they were intended for 6 people to complete at their level - and people who do stuff like FF 10+ levels below the required level to open.

Hmm... ever think that there's a required level for a reason?

If you wanna solo a squad mode TT and go AFK for long times in between, tough. TTs require 4 people to open them for a reason. The new timer just enforces that a second time. One competent veno, who's actually there, will never run out of time in a TT their level. The longest it should take you is maybe 2 hours. Whether you can tank the bosses is another story...

And @ whoever flamed my earlier post, my point was if either me and one other veno (for 3-2 and 3-3) or just myself (any other TT) can finish the entire instance in less than half the time limit, a squad of 6 should be able to as well.

And for the record, an fb99 takes like 40 minutes max. Since it's fb99, you should have at least lvl 99s in it... and lol @ whoever said they brought their lvl 80 friends into fb99. You can't even enter heaven/hell until 89, rofl.

YES, if you want to do unwined instances with either way below a full squad, or people way below the required level, this timer will give you problems. But why the hell would you wanna do that?!
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    watch it MouneMe... Rose'll call u a fail idiot cause u take more then 4 hours to do things. b:surrender

No, only you. ;)

If I am in a squad that makes me sit longer then 15minutes = they can gtfo.

You get in squad, run the instance and leave.

I don't have the time to sit somewhere for hours for the fun of it.

PS --> +1 Hari :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    No, only you. ;)

If I am in a squad that makes me sit longer then 15minutes = they can gtfo.

You get in squad, run the instance and leave.

I don't have the time to sit somewhere for hours for the fun of it.

PS --> +1 Hari :)

Then go play hello kitty or some single player RPG. gtfo? lol how bout u gtfo. I'll say it again things happen, there's this thing called RL that sometimes pops up forcing people to go afk for a few. Or power goes out.. or some ****... did you even read jiggle's post a page back r two? If you can't deal with things like that then you got problems. Problem is now we CAN"T deal with things like that. Things like that might make us run out of time. DO YOU GET IT YET OR DO I NEED A SLEDGEHAMMER (to pound it in your skull if thta went woosh over your head)?
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes, we can do the dungeon in under 4 hours.

No, we don't like the idea of a timer to control the dungeon, cause yes, things happen that can interfere with those 4 hours.

Don't tell us to make the time for the dungeon cause everyone plays the game at their own pace, especially me when I solo. No matter if it takes me 20 mins to Holy Path to the boss to get what I need to 6 hours because Real Life came up and I wanted to do something but not lose my place in the FB, I shouldn't have to worry about suddenly getting kicked because of it.

Like I said before, hypers, everything else can go. If anyone can't give me a reason as to why the time limit on dungeons outweighs the benefits of not having one, then those who tells us to stop QQing over it need to **** :/
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    And for the record, an fb99 takes like 40 minutes max. Since it's fb99, you should have at least lvl 99s in it... and lol @ whoever said they brought their lvl 80 friends into fb99. You can't even enter heaven/hell until 89, rofl.

YES, if you want to do unwined instances with either way below a full squad, or people way below the required level, this timer will give you problems. But why the hell would you wanna do that?!
    OHT 2nd map culti requires bosses in FB99, and is available at level 90. Even so, it doesn't take 4 hours. When I did it, we managed to wipe 3 or 4 times, had people fall off the cliffs several times, and got lost more than once, and still managed to finish in 2 hours or so. This is a squad of mostly low to mid 9x, with a single level 99 there for his FB.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Then go play hello kitty or some single player RPG. gtfo? lol how bout u gtfo. I'll say it again things happen, there's this thing called RL that sometimes pops up forcing people to go afk for a few. Or power goes out.. or some ****... did you even read jiggle's post a page back r two? If you can't deal with things like that then you got problems. Problem is now we CAN"T deal with things like that. Things like that might make us run out of time. DO YOU GET IT YET OR DO I NEED A SLEDGEHAMMER (to pound it in your skull if thta went woosh over your head)?

I have been laughing rl at my desk at work reading all of this b:chuckle

Yes, rl happens...that is the price you pay ANYTIME you are logged into the game, instance or not. Hell, I have been interrupted in TW and have had to go. .... Happens.

RL > PW = should not be made if you cannot finish an instance or whatever. You can try again :)

Take your own advice, if you ave such an issue then play a different style of game or uninstall.

Your such an angry little veno b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Is it the first person that enter a dungeon that start the clock? Or do all squad members got diffrent timers?

Bc it can be strange if some people teleport and some fly. + if someone wants to start to clear the dungeon, when another squad member looking for cleric. If time starts when the first person in squad enter cave.

Then the other squad members dont get so much time to finish.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I have been laughing rl at my desk at work reading all of this b:chuckle

Yes, rl happens...that is the price you pay ANYTIME you are logged into the game, instance or not. Hell, I have been interrupted in TW and have had to go. .... Happens.

RL > PW = should not be made if you cannot finish an instance or whatever. You can try again :)

Take your own advice, if you ave such an issue then play a different style of game or uninstall.

Your such an angry little veno b:sad

I play games 10X harder then this ****.... ugh i give up you're too much of a idiot to get why this isnt' a good thing (at least 4 hours isn't... 6 or 8 maybe would be fine).

You realize you're in like the 5% minority (and that's generous) that thinks this time limit is fine? gotta llove children that can't wrap their heads around simple things.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I play games 10X harder then this ****.... ugh i give up you're too much of a idiot to get why this isnt' a good thing (at least 4 hours isn't... 6 or 8 maybe would be fine).

Then go play those b:byeb:cute

Adding bc someone keeps editing Zzzzzzzzzzzzz -->

Whether in the minority or not, my opinion is just that, mine. Just like your QQ opinion is just that, yours. I respect your opinion, just not your attitude. There in lies the "issue" and why I said I was laughing and why I have (so far) continued to respond to you. Also, calling me a little child is a complement. Since most children do not hold college degrees and hold a full-time job. You can call me whatever you like if it makes you feel better. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just another example of money gouging by the devs. Now to get the instanced done as they were before, u have to spend rl monies to get to where u were with def and att +10. GG hope u choke on what ever food u buy with ur extra monies PWI

Realize that you still have blessings, dimwit. They just removed the Dominance blessing
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • ChaosWeapon - Dreamweaver
    ChaosWeapon - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well if this you lesser the lag in game and the DC's, this patch will be very welcome.
    I dont use the blessing in any dungeon, pets receive the blessing? i think not, for me then is useless b:pleased
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oh, and about the blessings... it was my impression they were put in place because practically no one could do RB deltas at the time. After they were put into place more and more people started to do them... they were the old "hyper FFs" - 2.xM xp for ~3 hours, which was great back then.

Basically, everyone's gear sucked and they were low levelled. Now, you can get flawlesses for 150k (they were 800-900k back then, and beautiful shards were considered good). And half the server is 100+.
    ...that's why blessings were removed; they're no longer needed.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Then go play those b:byeb:cute

Adding bc someone keeps editing Zzzzzzzzzzzzz -->

Whether in the minority or not, my opinion is just that, mine. Just like your QQ opinion is just that, yours. I respect your opinion, just not your attitude. There in lies the "issue" and why I said I was laughing and why I have (so far) continued to respond to you. Also, calling me a little child is a complement. Since most children do not hold college degrees and hold a full-time job. You can call me whatever you like if it makes you feel better. :)

and what you fail to realize is this isnt' a OPINION! I'm not QQ'ing, it's common f'ing sense. which you apprently have none of. This is what's GOING TO HAPPEN if **** happens during a run, you probably WILL RUN OUT OF TIME. Here's a worse case scenerio.... You said it took YOU WITH a full squad of your friends like what 2 hours to do... FF? idk, this is my highest toon. but anyway...

I've seen people shouting in WC for replacement people for over 30 minutes sometimes cause somone dc'ed from a run and never came back. Say you're in a instance you can't tank (as your veno). Barb's good, not inexperienced or a noob at their job so u don't wanna lose him. Suddenly.. idk he dont' feel good, has to hit the b'room. He's gone for 15 min. cleric has to tend to the kids, one of them hurt themselves. 20 minutes... Barb's power goes out for 5 minutes (twice, there's a huge storm). You have two clerics cause one boss needs two. Suddenly one has to go and you're spammign WC for 30 min looking for another. you get one, takes em another ... 5 min to get in and get to you. Well that's an hour and 20 minutes right there..... Now what if it wasnt' your "elite squad" and it actullay TAKES THEM THREE HOURS? whoops, all the **** that just happened went over an hour they got less then 3 hours to finish the run. might as well quit the run now (when your'e halfway through)....
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There is a lot of instances that will be hard to complete under 4 hours - unless you have a well-geared experienced party.

3-3 also has mob count now like 3-2. They changed that to make to harder. So you cant rush by mobs in there anymore, which adds extra 1 hour or so. Without the blessing (they just removed) and with ordinary DDs with only like +5 weapon, no 5 aps fist Bm and just barb to tank, no way you can finish under 4 hours and do both Minister and Armageddon and kill 40 mobs.

People that say you can always finish Lunar under 4 hours have obviously NEVER meet the Wuygie Bosses lol. Cleric Wuygie takes hours even with good DDs, he spam heals himself ffs. Barb Wuygie takes like 45 min - 1 hour to unless you have 5 aps tank, the guy has 10 mil hp and seals tank and DDs ever 5 sec lol. Than you have to kill all mobs in all valleys and kill the regular bosses + card bosses since you better wanna pop those after paying 3 mil to open.

All instances are easy to do under 4 hours if you're 99+ with decent gear and highly refined DDs with interval or +10 weapons of course, but for others it leaves very little space to do any mistakes or afk at all, will be rather stressful i think.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Here's the thing, and it's really not that hard to understand ...

Should a squad be able to complete most/any instance in 4 hours or less? Yeah, sure, probably. But I'm certain we've all been in one or two of those hellish situations where people come and go from the squad, some guy loses power to a thunderstorm, someone goes afk, you party wipe a few times for dumb reasons, etc. Suppose you're in your 3-3 with about 15 minutes to go, and you still have 1 or 2 bosses left. You try finishing it, but with about 1 million HP left on one of the bosses, you all get kicked out. Are you going to think:

a) Oh well, it's completely our fault. We should have finished it 5 minutes sooner, we're such noobs.

b) Stupid developers. Why couldn't they have given me a slightly longer timer?

All those who answered "a" gtfo, we already have enough trolls. Of course you're going to be thinking "b," and you should. Whether or not you could or should finish the instance in 4 hours, there's no reason you should have to. It's pointless. Mobs reset in 20 hours. If there's some bizarre technical reason why you can't make them not respawn, give me a 19 hour 59 minute timer (or somewhere in between, but 4 hours is just plain dumb, period end of discussion).

Keep in mind that they also removed dominance blessings at the same time. While I actually applaud that change, it stands to reason that if people are doing 10% less damage, the instance is going to take approximately 10% longer. For those borderline squads that might have been pushing the 4 hour time limit before, that's going to be a significant issue. I like reverting back to the "olden days" with no blessings, but you have to keep in mind that it's all related. You can't make one change without considering its impact on the rest of the game.

10% of 4 hours is 24 minutes. So do all you people who think "any decent squad" can finish any instance in 4 hours still think that any decent squad could also finish it in 3 hours 36 minutes? That sounds like a much tougher challenge to me.
    I agree. I've been in a handful of non-fail squads where things just happened, rl issues came up during the run and, being friends and not jerks, we patiently waited. While I'd ideally like to finish a "fresh" 3-3 run in 2 hours (friends of mine I run with are almost always 92-100), that 4 hours is a big deal when stuff is going on, and nowhere near reasonable, especially when you're not running with a super dup3r cash shop pro squad.

(let's not mention getting your 100 fairy in delta)

I haven't seen it officially stated the reason behind making dungeons 4 hours, but presumably it's to prevent people from saving instances. If the goal is to prevent this, then somewhere along the line of 10 or 12 hours is more than enough time to make squads not feel rushed and accomplishes that goal.

As for changes to hyper, again, it doesn't bother me much, especially since I have a BM approaching 100 (will be 3rd 100 -- and I don't plan on using hypers on other chars), but I don't see the point of it. While those complaining about it and the 4 hour FF time limits tend to be very low levels, they still cannot complete FF at low levels due to bad dmg and the high failure rate at bosses like Dreadindra given their dmg (or lack of knowledge of how to run it). Those who are calling people nubs or praising the 10 activation limit, I find, tend to already be 100. I remember when cash shoppers bought their anni pack gear mid last year, then complained when anni packs kept coming out because others had a shot at their anni pack gear now, and thus ruined their exclusivity (<-- which is what makes a kid pro or cool in PWI) to having crazy cash shop gear. Same thing here with primarily level 100s (most of which hyper'd their way up) trying to make the road to 100 more difficult for others. It's become quite consistent and it's funny to watch.

I imagine they'll change the instance time, but the hyper activation limit is on other PW versions too so I imagine the hyper thing is something that people are simply going to have to get used to and plan around if they want to maximize their xp with hyper. For instance, when killing Messenger of Fear, activate just before his death, then quickly group up the next shade room after teleport, kill them, then quickly grab up the big room (sans harpies) all while keeping hyper time running. Just like the BH issue and "stacking" or "checking doors" people will adapt.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    and what you fail to realize is this isnt' a OPINION! I'm not QQ'ing, it's common f'ing sense. which you apprently have none of. This is what's GOING TO HAPPEN if **** happens during a run, you probably WILL RUN OUT OF TIME. Here's a worse case scenerio.... You said it took YOU WITH a full squad of your friends like what 2 hours to do... FF? idk, this is my highest toon. but anyway...

I've seen people shouting in WC for replacement people for over 30 minutes sometimes cause somone dc'ed from a run and never came back. Say you're in a instance you can't tank (as your veno). Barb's good, not inexperienced or a noob at their job so u don't wanna lose him. Suddenly.. idk he dont' feel good, has to hit the b'room. He's gone for 15 min. cleric has to tend to the kids, one of them hurt themselves. 20 minutes... Barb's power goes out for 5 minutes (twice, there's a huge storm). You have two clerics cause one boss needs two. Suddenly one has to go and you're spammign WC for 30 min looking for another. you get one, takes em another ... 5 min to get in and get to you. Well that's an hour and 20 minutes right there..... Now what if it wasnt' your "elite squad" and it actullay TAKES THEM THREE HOURS? whoops, all the **** that just happened went over an hour they got less then 3 hours to finish the run. might as well quit the run now (when your'e halfway through)....

Tough luck then?

Honestly, this isn't a big deal. -.-

Most instance do not take 4 hrs to do......if they do.....ragequit the game then. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'll weigh in, but most people covered everything already...

This update, as a whole, was great.
    Not a lot of people mentioning the good things, like no more chest of coins in cube or increased exp there and I DO consider no more blessings a good thing.

My only real issue is the 4 hour instance thing, as many have said. I do appreciate that they are taking some sort of action against instance holding. And as people have pointed out, Lunar has been nerfed to be much shorter. All FBs should be doable, even if you are with your level squad..it's the TTs/rebirth/FF with underleveled squads that might be an issue for casual players.

Some of my favourite in game memories were doing instances with people at my level, before blessings, and learning the ropes without any instruction from higher level people. I definitely had nights where I spend more than 4 hours in TT2-3 and old frostlands figuring out the ropes. All players should be able to experiment and try to do things that may be a little hard for them, and may take 4+ hours. It's a bit sad this will no longer be possible. I also don't believe the people who tout their perfect squads and cite this is a non-issue--I think most people have struggled with things at some point in the game.

That being said, it doesn't make running these instances impossible at all. There are TONs of high leveled people out there now that can help out, and everyone's gear [on average] is a bit better, compensating for lack of blessings. This might change gameplay a bit for the more casual players, but shouldn't prevent it entirely.

If they changed it to let's say 6 hours, I think it would solve the majority of the complaining.

But thanks for the nice update!
This discussion has been closed.