The largest fail update ever

Comments

• archsatan
    archsatan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Blessings I can honestly do without. The 4 hour cap is horrid for many.
    yeah .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayenne - Sanctuary
    Sayenne - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ehem ...

a) Hypers have been limited to 1 session a day before. Now its up to 10 sessions ... why QQing about that? Thats a great improvement for those who can afford it - and it even seems that they removed the penalty for pausing it, means you get 60 minutes of pure power exp, no matter if you pause it or not.

b) I think the 4 hours of timelimit for instances are more or less a prevention to solo certain instances, i can't remember staying in any instance for longer than 4 hours. Not even Lunar, they made lunar so easy and doable in below 4 hours.

c) Look on the bright side: Cube gives now 1.000.000 EXP for 90+ which makes leveling even faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ogrant wrote: »
    I know a lot of ppl, and I know only one of them saving instances. And all of them do instances. That means maximum 5% of running instances were used by "instance savers". So no lags can be caused by this, and if they were, they could have been fixed by extending hardware: money.

Why would the devs/management want to spend money when they can possibly cut that by imposing a time limit? A 4hr time limit is not unreasonable and i have not done any instance that took me 4 hrs to complete.

you wont know the scale of ppl saving instances, neither do i, neither do anyone here in this forum cept the devs. The fact still remains that by instating a time limit, instances are reduced and that helps to reduce lag to some extent.

More server resources can then be allocated to other more fruitful activities rather than catering to those ppl who afk for hours in instances.

If you have been complaining about lag in instances, you will appreciate what the devs have implemented.

And the talk that instance saving will reduce the cost of drops, i seriously doubt so. In the time one idles in the instance waiting for the bosses to respawn, one could have restarted the instance and done more bosses.
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    go clean up them cat shop scamming RAWRRRRb:angry
  • ogrant
    ogrant Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b) I think the 4 hours of timelimit for instances are more or less a prevention to solo certain instances, i can't remember staying in any instance for longer than 4 hours. Not even Lunar, they made lunar so easy and doable in below 4 hours.

What about people who enjoy solo (or duo, or trio) certain instances? Is it bad or what?
    The reason for the time limit is the only: make people buy cash shop stuff: dragon orbs, deicides, tome pages, etc...

And as a consequence we have:
    - more reasons to deny people in squads and call them noobs because of low-end gear and low level
    - more reasons to blame each other if time limit is over
    - some game features are denied for some people/squads

Someone gets money, and he understands that he gets it by bringing more evil into this world. And he doesn't care.

And this is not first update of this type. This game is still playable, but it gets worse and worse.
    c) Look on the bright side: Cube gives now 1.000.000 EXP for 90+ which makes leveling even faster.
    It is not bright side. Makes people to buy exp, and compete in getting it. Just like oracles, except truly solo.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What about people who enjoy solo (or duo, or trio) certain instances? Is it bad or what?
    The reason for the time limit is the only: make people buy cash shop stuff: dragon orbs, deicides, tome pages, etc...

- more reasons to deny people in squads and call them noobs because of low-end gear and low level

Someone gets money, and he understands that he gets it by bringing more evil into this world. And he doesn't care.

And this is not first update of this type. This game is still playable, but it gets worse and worse.

It's your opinion that it's time-limited so people would pay for their junk. Maybe it was made to counter the "instance-savers"? I don't know, neither do you.
    It is not bright side. Makes people to buy exp, and compete in getting it. Just like oracles, except truly solo.

Don't know about you, but in my opinion sounds like a good idea. The exp from there isn't guaranteed.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Great. Thats you. But you don't = rest of server, do you? And yes efficiency has a lot to do with it. Thats the reason they couldn't find squads easily before. Now thats efficient DD is REALLY important, it might be harder

O.O I never said there was a "right" way to do anything. Not sure where u got that from, but ok.

"Right" wasn't pointed at you mate, just in general at all those people who are too busy being efficient and doing things the "right" way to have fun and relax a bit.
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    LOL @ all the QQer about the 4 hrs limit. "Oh noes, we can't use our shortcut anymore and explore the game mechanics". You all need to suck it up. You are QQing because you can't hold it with an alt? Damn, how dare them change it so instances are ran the way they are meant to be? If you are working and don't have time, then charge zin for yor mats. Gold trading is there for a reason. The ones have time, spend time and ones have money spend money.

4 hours not enough for an instance? You gotta be joking. People easily ran it way under 4 hrs before. Now with the Tideborns, Psy's aoes and Sin's massive dps is making instances a joke. If it's a squad of new players well then learn. Not everything's going to be handed to you and sometimes you have to learn things the hard way or long way. Think about the first players that were playing PW. Who was there to teach them how to run TT or Rebirth?
    edited June 2010
    there is a reason why there is a 'solo' mode(not really solo literally) and 'squad' mode which requires a certain number of players to be able to open the instance. And in some cases like Nirvana, you need a squad of 6.

The devs have made it such a way that with these required minimum number of players, it is reasonably possible to complete those instances.

Why am i so sure about that? because if it werent possible, players from China, (and yes they have non cash shop players), will have complained even before any game updates reach here.

If you want to solo a TT3-3 squad mode, dont complain if you cant complete in 4 hrs.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to point out yet again, what about venos? You DO realize half the reason to lvl a veno is to solo TT and w/e for your mats (or to MAKE money for your mats.. alone....). I'm pretty damn sure some of these instances can take more then 4 hours alone.... ESPECIALLY if you take a few breaks for whatever reason.

What's the respwan time on bosses? from the times i've seen some people say it seems like 24 hours..... but **** even if it's 12, FOUR HOURS? 8 would've been fine....
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    aham... and nix's bleed works as it should as well....b:shutup

What exactly makes you think it doesn't work like it should? Hell, everything in this game works as it should as long as it is not fixed. Interval works at like it should too. Yes, it is OP, but it works as dev's wanted it to work.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to point out yet again, what about venos? You DO realize half the reason to lvl a veno is to solo TT and w/e for your mats (or to MAKE money for your mats.. alone....). I'm pretty damn sure some of these instances can take more then 4 hours alone.... ESPECIALLY if you take a few breaks for whatever reason.

What's the respwan time on bosses? from the times i've seen some people say it seems like 24 hours..... but **** even if it's 12, FOUR HOURS? 8 would've been fine....

What's the point then... Might as well go in a squad and make more money in that 8 hours doing multiple runs than soloing one run.
  • ogrant
    edited June 2010
    Why would the devs/management want to spend money when they can possibly cut that by imposing a time limit? A 4hr time limit is not unreasonable and i have not done any instance that took me 4 hrs to complete.
    Because you were leaving it immediately after cleric/tank DC and party wipe?

Man, 4 hours is not about saving, i promise you.
    Bosses resp in 10-20 hours, like everything in instances, except certain mobs in fb51. If it was 9 hours I could believe them. But now it is evident that it is not because of saving.

Other point, if you ever developed software, what is easier: to change single data field in a data file for a lot of entries in bulk (increase boss resp time), or implement new functionality (instance reset on timeout)? Of course change data is easier.

May be there will be less instances running on servers. But not because of saving, just because it will be harder for people to do instances their level (especially unwined).
    you wont know the scale of ppl saving instances, neither do i, neither do anyone here in this forum cept the devs. The fact still remains that by instating a time limit, instances are reduced and that helps to reduce lag to some extent.

To a very minor extent.
    Some things you don't need to know exactly (like "1.34% of instances are held by alts"), and can estimate well ("less than 5%", "less than 10%", "each wined run makes $1.30 for game owners") and that estimation allows to apply logic.
    More server resources can then be allocated to other more fruitful activities rather than catering to those ppl who afk for hours in instances.

Yeah, like calculating odds of refinement outcome, or better calculating cash shop $$$.
    If you have been complaining about lag in instances, you will appreciate what the devs have implemented.
    Sorry, I have decent internet connection and I don't complain on lags. Most of time.
    If you ever were in a squad in an instance, it is never like all people lag/DC. Just one or two max. Except when some large scale event is on (can't remember what the even was, but there were a lot of people online).
    And the talk that instance saving will reduce the cost of mats, i seriously doubt so. In the time one idles in the instance waiting for the bosses to respawn, one could have restarted the instance and done more bosses.

What mats? You still use mats for wine? So last year...
    Most of people use token wine. Much cheaper.
    Use it also. Otherwise game owners will miss your $ and make one more update, in which mats resp time be increased from 10 minutes to 1 hour. "by popular demand". "in order to make mats more valuable".
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    The point is venos can solo things and get all the drops themselves... i never said it'd TAKE 8 hours.... i meant 8 hours woulda been fine. FOUR hours is cutting it close probably in some things, especially if u need to break for some reason. 8 hours... plenty of time, & people still can't save instances (which is prolly why they did this). I mean hell from what people have said 4 hours isnt' even enough time for a SQUAD of newbies in certain dungeons.
    edited June 2010
    Because you were leaving it immediately after cleric/tank DC and party wipe?

you are making extreme scenarios to suit your argument. So the devs should be making provisions to suit every worst case scenario? Where is the challenge in the game then?

ogrant wrote:
    What mats? You still use mats for wine? So last year...
    Most of people use token wine. Much cheaper.
    Use it also. Otherwise game owners will miss your $ and make one more update, in which mats resp time be increased from 10 minutes to 1 hour. "by popular demand". "in order to make mats more valuable".

ohh.. i mean the drops.. my apologies lmao

making the corrections now in my previous post..b:surrender
  • Sayenne - Sanctuary
    Sayenne - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I don't know a single instance which is NOT doable within 4 hours, even with pee-breaks.

I see the update as it is: A prevention to hold instances with alts and a request to join only if your level and DD allowes you to get it done within the limit.
    Seriously, 4 hours are by far enough to get even 3-3 and lunar done - and even if you fail you can still re-enter and try to do it better next time. Its not a barrier, its a prevention and sometimes maybe a challenge.

And as for buying EXP in Cube:

Cube is more a luck game and a matter of practice, if you read the Cube Walkthrough then everyone can do it. Cube has been good before too, now that the EXP reward got increased its even more worth doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lucy_Black - Dreamweaver
    Lucy_Black - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IMO this is gonna discourage lower levels from trying certain instances.
    Definitely true. I've already been hearing from some of the members in my faction that it kills their interest in some of the dungeons. The 4 hour time cap in dungeons isn't so discouraging though. But, it will dampen taking lower level people in squads for materials since dps would be lower thus taking more time. It helps though in a sense when it comes to grinding the dungeons.
    The bless box removal in my opinion doesn't have much effect to game play, simply to the fact it will encourage people to do the school teacher daily to receive a bless box of their choice.
  • ogrant
    edited June 2010
    It's your opinion that it's time-limited so people would pay for their junk. Maybe it was made to counter the "instance-savers"? I don't know, neither do you.
    1. 9 hours enough agains "instance-savers"
    2. Easier to increase resp time
    Yes, you are right, it is my opinion strictly saying, but it is too evident to counter this opinion, unless one works for PWI.

salvati0n wrote: »
    You all need to suck it up
    We did, man. We did. The trouble is, PW makes us to suck up more than we like to, for making their profit. So we have to do something with it (or quit the game we are addicts of).
    Think about the first players that were playing PW. Who was there to teach them how to run TT or Rebirth?
    They must have set 4 hour limit in their BIOS setup, right? So their PCs were rebooted after 4 hours. That makes it so much easier to research things.
    there is a reason why there is a 'solo' mode(not really solo literally) and 'squad' mode which requires a certain number of players to be able to open the instance. And in some cases like Nirvana, you need a squad of 6.

This is very good point.
    Since limit is easy to violate ("LF ppl to help me open TT. Paying 20k."), devs might decide to make it harder.
    Increased sub fee for solo (single) mode makes me think that devs in fact don't like when people solo instances.
    But I don't understand why? Do you have an idea?
    Maybe when you solo it you can spend more time and don't care so much about wipe and can invent a way to spend less charms and other stuff?
    Why am i so sure about that? because if it werent possible, players from China, (and yes they have non cash shop players), will have complained even before any game updates reach here.

Didn't you see? Nobody cares about players complaints. Especially non cash shop players. I'm pretty sure that China players complained loudly about DQ nerf, mirage nerf, packs, and 4 hours limit also. But nobody even cares about their complaints. Only thing game owners care is money. If they start getting less money after next nerf, they may think about reverting it.

BTW, don't you think that blessings might be removed because they made instances easier and that decreased sales of cash shop powerups?
    The point is venos can solo things and get all the drops themselves...
    This point is wrong. When in squad, you kill things faster.
    Let me show you on example of 1 boss.
    Let's say you have a boss of 3mil HP, herc hits it for 3k each second, you can hit it for 6k each 2 seconds but if you heal herc you don't hit boss.
    This means that if you go solo, you kill boss in 1000 seconds.
    If you have 6 venos doing it in parallel, we have 6 bosses in 1000 seconds.
    If there's 6 venos, only 1 heals and all the rest can hit (and their hercs can hit too). That is 5*(6k/2)+6*3k=33k dps.
    So in 1000 seconds you an kill 11 bosses.
    And all 6 venos can get almost twice compared to solo mode.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ahh here we go

QQ ima baby gimmi an easy game.

here some advice.. s.t.f.u and learn how to play like the rest of us did before all the easy **** came out
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    here some advice.. s.t.f.u and learn how to play like the rest of us did before all the easy **** came out

Ah.... good old days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    They must have set 4 hour limit in their BIOS setup, right? So their PCs were rebooted after 4 hours. That makes it so much easier to research things.

4 hours is more than enough to learn an instance. Even my most failed TT with Cleric keep dying on the way back + replacing tank didn't take 4 hours. The lower TT are short enough that the ones new to TT have plenty of time to learn. As for higher lvl TTs, players already knows the basics of it and it's only the layout and bosses that are different. Honestly, if your squad is so fail that can't get it done in 4 hours, start over, you'll know on the second time.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    ogrant you think i'm a fool? I know damn well more people = killing faster. Don't need your stupid freaking math example to realize that. SOME OF US LIKE DOING IT ALONE. We can afk when we want or HAVE to, not have to deal with "i need that mat or this mat".. it all goes to us. Not have to deal with someone f'ing up and killing everyone... which happened last night in a 69 when the barb decided to aoe knockback and knocked the mobs we three venos had into 6 other mobs that were walking near...

And stop posting on your alt, post on your main.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Kinda true unless you wanna cash shop a lot. This new patch really requires you to get a 5 aps char for pve so you can solo 1 COA ring a week and run 3-3 fast enough.

Wow... that's kinda BS Lily... and starting to sound a bit spiteful. It doesn't take you 4 hours to do 3-3 when you solo it. >.>

Just farm some refines for your bow and you won't need 5aps for anything. Guess you never saw Insomnia solo anything. +10 5aps can't hold aggro over +12 8jun... add bloodvow. You'd be able to run 3-3 with a single cleric because nothing in there hits ranged nearly as hard as it does melee.

As if farming a set of claws would even be difficult for you. :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010

/endthread
    Ah.... good old days.

b:sadb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think this can be a great update giving us our game back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    okay wtf 4 hour cap. thats just dumb. When im soloing dungeons i usually take breaks. i could be inside the dungeon all day sometimes.. afking so i can come back and resume where i left off. but now. wtf.

and every player going.. ugh your babys, ugh suck it up. go **** yourselfs. if you like being bent over every week by pwi, then more power to you. l
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    f uck jolly jones
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    see... i'm not the only one... *points at HappyBunny*
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I actually liked this weeks patch alot,thanks PWI b:victory
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I actually liked this weeks patch alot,thanks PWI b:victory

It must be a Cleric thing because I have no issues as well b:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.