Your most facepalm worthy moment ingame

Comments

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Spending all my $ to buy an awsome armour, to realise I'm missing 1 attribution point to wear it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I just face palmed....and not for her reason.....

Hahaha i get you...
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Happened today. I was buying some gold before the new sale, hoping to make a profit. I had a bid up, but that was almost over, so I decided to put a new one in. As soon as I put it in, I found that I already had the gold. I thought I was getting lucky. I did it again, and yes, once again I get the gold, instantly! I thought something was fishy. Right before putting a huge bid up I saw the price. I'de put in 471k instead of 371k. /facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mine was a facepalm SKILL of landing on bosses... or having them land on me.
    LOL
    im a proud member of:
    Andela's School of Landing - usual lands on elites 50 levels above me, on normal mobs, on bossess, in water, a yard beyond cliff edge... my record was to set coords for some quest pop up, autopath and land... on the head of vriddis stormhorn while someone was doing him... (that saved my life, i just looked around very surprised, put up wings again and flew off). he wasnt even at his usual route, these people pulled him off to some quiet corner, to beat him up without interruption :P
    Walela's School of Navigation - flying into buildings, mountains, trees, rocks, jewelscalen (many many times, very painful exp-wise at 5x), krimson (same). flew into wraithgate by accident 3 times so far. even my dear mentor never managed that one
    b:victory

what amazes me in these circumstances: i never ever landed on of flew into any world boss, and only time i was killed by harpy wraith was during event (i saw her but couldnt run due to lag and aoe got me)
    but these arent facepalm moments at all for me, i enjoy this freaky skill very much and laugh like mad every time i plant my toons face into something ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    was in my 30s doing quests around hidden orchid then suddenly my hp value comes close to 0 in 1 hit and i had no idea what atacked me (dont know how much exactly anymore)
    then before i realized what to do i get hit another time and die
    you have been killed by yan the traitorb:angry
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOLL there are some hilarious stories on here!! :P
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ???: LF squad for FB59 my drops, pm me! (in WC)
    Daikataro: i'm in, 8x BM

-in squad chat-
    Daikataro: you have the tokens quest and fruits quest?
    ???: no, what are those?
    barb: check your quest log and pick them up before wining
    ???: wining?
    barb: yes, you have wines right?
    ???: no
    Daikataro: go get them, and don't forget your tabs in bank please
    ???: tabs?
    Daikataro: you have your tabs right?
    -barb has left the squad-
    -cleric has left the squad-
    -daikataro has left the squad-

An example of why oracle babies fail, he was an assa btw
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010

-in squad chat-

ow lawd XD
    this is why i sell my oracles at NPC's that way NO oracle noobs can have them! muahaha!

...speakin of which, i sold a hyper exp stone and what should had been 400k, but i missed a 0, and guess what...
    *epic facepalms herself*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010

-in squad chat-

Done plenty of unwined 59s... It doesn't take that much longer...
    About the tabs... lol, had that happen as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    While doing FB59 and cultivation (two birds with one stone! yeah!), I click through the quest confirmation without reading it and I tell my squad, that I'm all done with my quest. It was after the squad disbanded and all but one member teleported out that I read my quest and realized I needed to go back to the platform. It cost me 20k, and 3 hours with a second FB squad just to do that. ;_; I'm happy because I got to do FB59 for free/cheap but it still hurt....
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pwi people make me laugh all day:

morning: someone in WC shout "Who keep changing account and Pm me "oink" ?"
    *ROFL*

afternoon: a nub barb on TT 1-2 : he run from the side where snake boss appear and go to where boss being tanked(the side where u will appear if u use teleport on the middle of room) by a veno and he pull those mobs include DaVinci then he tank in human form then he QQ "who pull those mobs?!" and the cleric QQ "WHAT THE HECK YOU RUN FROM THAT SIDE?!"

night: A noob 90+ cleric QQing coz everyone around him hate him and tell him he is noob and he tell in WC that everyone is noob and childish but truth is he is the childish one and everyone reply his WC with flame to him.

*face palm* : omg, Pwi is being funny today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Today I was on my BM alt outside of Hidden Heroes Village killing some mobs when I notice a human in robes using a bow...I click on him and he's a wiz.

Me (in normal chat): Why are you using a bow?

I attack another mob while waiting for a response. There's none, but I wheel around to see he's swiched to some pole-axe-hammar thing and can't even kill a mob because he's getting killed too fast.

Me: Well, I mean, why aren't you using some sort of magic weapon and spells?

I again attack some more mobs. He hasn't responded, and I finished my quest so I go to turn it in. As I'm running off:

Wiz: do you have a pumpkinhead pill?

Thinking WTF? Me: no...
    Him: tell me when you get one it's cool.

He runs up next to me with a pumpkin head.

Him: look at my head.
    Me: Yeah, it's a pumpkin.

I'm thinking, this is weird, and I'm gonna turn in my quest, so I head in to town and he starts following me.

Him: what lvl are you?
    Me: 7, but this is my alt
    Him: What's that?
    Me: like an alternative character. (thinking he might listen if I tell him my main is a wiz) I usually play on a lvl 59 wiz.
    Him: what do you play on?
    Me: ...wdym?

*silence*

Okay...this convo is going nowhere and I have food on the stove so I decide to throw some advice out before I log.

Me: but seriously, get a magic weapon and start using spells, wizards arent meant to take hits.
    Him: sorry.
    Me: nothing to be sorry about (I'm thinking, omg, I'm going to have to show him where the skill trainers are and everything)
    Him: well, I have to go do quests.
    Me: okay...I have to go anyway, food is on the stove.

He added me as a friend, which I accepted thinking that he might need more help later, but then he wouldn't add me. Oh well GG fail wiz, GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • murdermobile
    murdermobile Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i fell asleep during TT run as main cleric b:chuckle

niceb:laugh
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    one of my most facepalm incidents involved my daughter and an online friend she had made. the two of them- in their 20s, i think- discovered one of those chests surrounded by catopods near Broken Bow, and thought they would pick off the cati, and look at the chest. my daughter is a veno, and her friend a cleric, i think, and they thought they had it all figured out....my daughter would kill the catopods, while her friend kept her alive. well, didnt work out as well as they thought, and my daughter of course yelled to me for help.

i hopped onto my cleric alt, and flew over. there they were, both dead in midair, my daughter having tried to jump away, her friend having tried to fly up after rezing my daughter. now, the fun part was that both of them were still well within the aggro range of the cactopods, so i had to inch the girls out a little at a time...rez one, she would fly/run a little way before getting killed again. i think it took me about 5 rezings to get them out of that mess! but we had a good laugh during it all, the girls taking it in good spirit that they had gotten into the fix all on their own, and appreciating the help.

btw, it was my daughter who suggested this story! ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • LadyFate - Harshlands
    LadyFate - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Landing on all 3 49 culti bosses because I forgot that I had to fly past the autopath end point, or I would land on the boss.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465011&dateline=1273702794[/SIGPIC]

I have learned many things about life, myself and others while in college:
    1)Life is like getting a cream pie with broken glass at the bottom thrown in your face
    2)My friends thearpists think I need therapy b:shocked
    3) Apparently I'm the only one who knows how to wash dishes
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Eh, I've had too many fail worthy incidents to say one of them bests the others.

Like hitting my auto attack hotkey and wondering why I'm running up to a monster and slapping it before I realise I forgot to re-equip my bow after gaining chi.

Or like wondering, while playing on my Veno, why my pet skill bar isn't showing despite the fact my Herc is right next to me. Turns out... that wasn't my Herc. (Camera angle at the time prevented me from seeing the name.)

Or this one time where me and three friends, back in the days of level 2x, were idly playing with Sword Tamer just because we could. The game was labelled "tag" and the idea was, you attack Sword Tamer, than run like hell towards the nearest friend in a bid to kill them as well as yourself. (This was of course, played after we had all levelled, and was also played back in the day where EXP really didn't bother anybody because it wasn't a huge issue.)
    Was my wizzy friends turn to pull Sword Tamer. So, he fired a spell at it, and ran towards me. I attempted to flee, failed because of lag, we both died, and then...

We realised we had also killed three passers by in the process. One of them was very unhappy and towned immediately before our cleric could rez, but the other two people really didn't mind and had, in fact, been watching us play this stupid little game for the past few minutes. I was only sad that they didn't ask if they could join in now that they'd been 'tagged'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyFate - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Or this one time where me and three friends, back in the days of level 2x, were idly playing with Sword Tamer just because we could. The game was labelled "tag" and the idea was, you attack Sword Tamer, than run like hell towards the nearest friend in a bid to kill them as well as yourself. (This was of course, played after we had all levelled, and was also played back in the day where EXP really didn't bother anybody because it wasn't a huge issue.)
    Was my wizzy friends turn to pull Sword Tamer. So, he fired a spell at it, and ran towards me. I attempted to flee, failed because of lag, we both died, and then...

We realised we had also killed three passers by in the process. One of them was very unhappy and towned immediately before our cleric could rez, but the other two people really didn't mind and had, in fact, been watching us play this stupid little game for the past few minutes. I was only sad that they didn't ask if they could join in now that they'd been 'tagged'.

That sounds like the most awesome game of tag...evar.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465011&dateline=1273702794[/SIGPIC]

1)Life is like getting a cream pie with broken glass at the bottom thrown in your face
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Creating a PWI account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @ Airyll o.o i woudl want to try it!
    oh wait, i afked in what i thought was a safe sp;ot, only o find 5 minutesd later i was the lunch for the Gargantakong King
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Eh, I've had too many fail worthy incidents to say one of them bests the others.

Like hitting my auto attack hotkey and wondering why I'm running up to a monster and slapping it before I realise I forgot to re-equip my bow after gaining chi.

Or like wondering, while playing on my Veno, why my pet skill bar isn't showing despite the fact my Herc is right next to me. Turns out... that wasn't my Herc. (Camera angle at the time prevented me from seeing the name.)

ROFL..I should try playing with sword tamer :D

and lol remind me when i helped my friend on my cleric with Oracles near Cementora? i forgot the name but its a WB in Angler village. I saw a barb playing with chin and he holy pathed to where ppl Oracling then idk what happen next coz i DCed but when i logged back i saw many dead people and my friend too, i was like...O_O oopsie *res*

and also, i dead coz someone pulled Chin to the angler village include those catty shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was on my barb(he was like lvl61 then).That was my first char in the game and I wasnt completety aware of some stuff then,so they invited me to TT 1-1 run.I didnt know what it was so decided to try.We reached Chin and I decided to tank it in human form xD Then the cleric told me "not like that,become a kitty".And I opened a shop in the middle of TT cuz I really didnt get what she was actually asking me *Huge facepalm*b:laugh
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lycaondarkwolf
    lycaondarkwolf Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was on my barb(he was like lvl61 then).That was my first char in the game and I wasnt completety aware of some stuff then,so they invited me to TT 1-1 run.I didnt know what it was so decided to try.We reached Chin and I decided to tank it in human form xD Then the cleric told me "not like that,become a kitty".And I opened a shop in the middle of TT cuz I really didnt get what she was actually asking me *Huge facepalm*b:laugh

lmao I'll do that later! ty for givng me that idea :D
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Almost choked on my coffee after reading this. LMAO!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010

takes the cake.

brilliant:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I was on my barb(he was like lvl61 then).That was my first char in the game and I wasnt completety aware of some stuff then,so they invited me to TT 1-1 run.I didnt know what it was so decided to try.We reached Chin and I decided to tank it in human form xD Then the cleric told me "not like that,become a kitty".And I opened a shop in the middle of TT cuz I really didnt get what she was actually asking me *Huge facepalm*
    b:chuckle ROFL I bet the squad thought you were joking b:chuckle & after realised you're not.... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wishana - Lost City
    Wishana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Was doing BH39, went skipping along to farren, happily pulling away at his servants before we attacked him..

Then instead of clicking the last minion to pull it, i clicked farren by accident and not thinking i had already sent my pet.... |:

Me: RUNNNNNN
    Squad: Not paying attention

I panicked, started running when i shoulda sucided and yeah, total party wipe

8D...
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I never found out until FB39
    XD
    i never figured out until i was lvl 47
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm on my heavy/arcane veno in heavy gear doing an FB39. We get to Farren and we're discussing tanking.

Me: Who's tanking? I'm heavy. I can tank, but can't hold aggro from you guys.
    Other, higher level veno (in what looks like the Sacred Tortoise arcane set): I'm light.
    Other veno pulls aggro off pet or off me (forget exactly) and gets hit for over half HP.
    Me: Looks like you're arcane.
    Other veno: I'm light. 1 str, 1 dex, 3 mag per level. I wear arcane because it looks like fashion.
    Me: <facepalm>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i never figured out until i was lvl 47

I never found out till Lvl 50. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyFate - Harshlands
    edited May 2010

^Epic win: so epic of a fail, it's a win.

This discussion has been closed.