Your most facepalm worthy moment ingame

Comments

• Himawary - Sanctuary
    Himawary - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thought ppl in game were friendly and liked to play with other ppl realising ur a person not a game class

They only care about lvling faster than others and having most cool items

Hugeeee facepalm

b:bye
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    THIS. WTH I've been reading they reduced the number of mirages you get from decomposing 3*. Now I can't even decompose a grade 8 3* and my veno has level 7 tailor. b:angry

Does anyone know when this happened?

if60wn.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    THIS. WTH I've been reading they reduced the number of mirages you get from decomposing 3*. Now I can't even decompose a grade 8 3* and my veno has level 7 tailor. b:angry

Does anyone know when this happened?

if60wn.jpg

repair it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    91/183 dura. Sold it. Can't be bothered anymore. The more changes they make to turn this into a money pit, the more turn off I am. Just waiting for my interest to wane more until the day I won't even bother logging in. Already finding it a chore to log into the game just to do CS and roll call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My most facepalm moments come from bh69...

Tanking Pole or Nob, I forget which one we were doing at the time...

Good pull and I catch the boss, at which time cleric (standing next to lake) puts up BB. The whole squad is screaming "the barb's not in range" and "don't BB." I watch as charm ticks once, then twice and then the cool hard earth has become my bed.

/facepalm.

Second facepalm:

Cleric doesn't purify and I die. The DDs die. Second cleric resses me. Boss is still in the area hunting for more blood, I grab the boss and take him on a tour of the dungeon. The archer gets ressed and starts yelling at me for "barb buffs" every three seconds. I can't reply since I'm running with a boss on my tail. Once I see everyone alive I head back, keeping the boss fairly close.

I run around the corner and there's the archer, still screaming for barb buffs. The rest of the squad is waiting by the lake for me to return with the boss. I get back to them and as I'm tanking I buff everyone, finally the archer is happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The first time I ever went into an FF, it was on my veno and my husband's bm (both in our 70's, haha right?). Neither of us really knew what an FF was about, so we started it pretty late at night.

In the first hallway after the first boss, we see my husband stop walking, and suddenly start jumping consecutively... wtf?

I called him to find out that I had woken him up from being passed out with his face on the spacebar...

*facepalm* b:sweat

We just dismissed squad and went to bed after that, ha~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Second facepalm:

Cleric doesn't purify and I die. The DDs die. Second cleric resses me. Boss is still in the area hunting for more blood, I grab the boss and take him on a tour of the dungeon. The archer gets ressed and starts yelling at me for "barb buffs" every three seconds. I can't reply since I'm running with a boss on my tail. Once I see everyone alive I head back, keeping the boss fairly close.

I run around the corner and there's the archer, still screaming for barb buffs. The rest of the squad is waiting by the lake for me to return with the boss. I get back to them and as I'm tanking I buff everyone, finally the archer is happy.

Why do people do that I see it all the time, mainly for barb buffs.

something along the same lines is back when i was still in my 30's a group of us lvl 29-42 tried to solo fb29. the archer would keep running in and leroying the mobs and not having wised up i tried to heal him, he died, I died.. I towned since i was the only cleric. starting the track back he kept demanding i res him. yelling at me RES ME NOW!!
    rest of the party was like dude.. the cleric died because of you she has to get back to the dungeon b:surrender

the best part was we finished clearing the hall and booted him from squad for a tank causing him to leave our faction b:bye dont let the door hit you on the way out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i was trying to sell trap of kings mount... (still am btw b:surrender) usual reply to wc was: whats that? and one of these conversations stunned me for a while
    xxx: whats that?
    me: its a token for mount, you can get ninetails from it or bad panda or goldmane.
    xxx: so how much do you want for it?
    me: i said 'pm offers'
    xxx: 800k
    i didnt facepalm, not really, but it was close...
    it was worth at least 14 mil (that was catshop/ah price of ninetails at that time)

other was mine own doing: i think i was low 8x then, got invited to fb 51. i dueled a friend for chi at the beginning, bare hands to not damage gear... and i didnt put weap back in hand after this and noticed only after wyvern was dead and i was droping bloods for tabber... i was only cleric, and to this day im not sure how we all survived b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    BH100 warsong, I guess my first or second run ever in there:

Snakefist - set macro - afk. Coming back after 2 minutes, boss dead, me alive, rest of the squad wipe , BM and Archer were closing in fast.
    Everyone was yelling at me why I killed the boss. Apparently for a little while I was tanking the bish alone and killed it. I guess the boss needed just a few more hits when he wiped everyone.
    I don't know how come I didn't die, because I had the "luck " of another squad wipe and I tried to tank it under BB. all went fine untill he hit me for 8k ....under BB.... friggin 7877 HP...

and another one:
    I quit the game for a while, about 3 months. Came back, trying to see what changed...no cash and stuff, so I'm thinking " I have 15mil SP, I'm gonna make some genies".
    trying about 7 or 8, all ****.
    Decomp - trying another 4 - ****.
    Decomp
    I'm trying now to equip my primary lvl 98 genie to go on my way...nowhere to be found.
    yeah, you guessed it, decomp.

Tried another one and got up to 68/90. I ended up with no SP and a crapload of skills to learn.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    archer: Where do i buy Crimsonhorn mold?

me: what?

archer: your bow. where can i buy the mold?

me: it's not a mold O_O you farm it in tt

archer: no, it's a mold. its gold. where do i buy?

me: *silence*
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I oracled to 100
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I oracled to 100

b:surprised

Are you serious....? O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I oracled to 100

This is why we call him a noobb:chuckle
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^-- lol made my day xD
    Thank you. At least I put a smile on someone's face with my failure. b:laugh

I was a bit overzealous after successfully tanking Fushy and the **** otherwise known as Rankar.
    I think most people will appreciate if you PM them and try to explain what they do wrong instead of calling them noobs and idiots and stuff.

I honestly do try to give advice whenever I see someone fail. Sometimes they listen but usually they ignore me.

If I'm not playing the same class as they are then they'll tell me that I don't know anything.

If I am on the same class then they'll either lord the fact that they have a whole 2 levels on me over my head as a reason why they don't need to listen or they'll basically say that I'm only a few levels over them so I can't give them advice. Strange how I get so much less ******** directed at me compared to them if I don't know how to play my class.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    91/183 dura. Sold it. Can't be bothered anymore. The more changes they make to turn this into a money pit, the more turn off I am. Just waiting for my interest to wane more until the day I won't even bother logging in. Already finding it a chore to log into the game just to do CS and roll call.

Err, this is my moment, ironically... It's always been that way. You have to repair 3* to get mirages.
  • Braw - Heavens Tear
    Braw - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mine was a facepalm SKILL of landing on bosses... or having them land on me.

Level 30-something, exploring Secret Passage. Round a corner and have enough time to think, "Wow, that is a HUGE PUPPY!" Then suddenly the hindquarters I'm looking at swap for a screenfull of teeth, and my first encounter with SilverFrost is concluded with a grey screen.

Exploring another area, and I find a neat spot that has a series of stone columns leading up a hill. I'm thinking, "Wow, they have some really cool scenery in this game." Suddenly my screen is filled with orange rock. I have enough time to think, "WTH?!" then my screen goes gray. Thus I learned where Kong spawns.

Having fun in the Northeast area of the map, skimming along the water on my manta (manta-skiing races, anyone?!). I notice the sound of rushing water. I start thinking, "Wow, the water sound effects in this game are really amazing." The rushing sound gets louder, and thinking of my previous experiences, I swunt my camera around. Got a screenful of Mantavip.

Having just tanked the Claw King for the first time, I pause for a victory shout... and wonder why everyone else is running away. Yep, you guessed it... screenful of Claw King. Thus I learned how some mini-bosses have a ridiculously fast respawn time.

Exploring a trail that runs up and down some hills, admiring the view. Screen goes gray. A huge red ball of eyeballs rolls over me and continues along that same trail. Hello, Krimson.

Do I still explore? Ohhh yes. But if I find a place that is surprisingly empty of mobs... >.> I sit and watch it a bit before I go in there.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was in the 2nd OHT map: Unicorn Forest. Just did a stupid quest in there for my culti and flew autopath to the quest rewarder while talking in faction chat... Flew right past a boss (the one that looks like doggy in TT) saw it too late and it 1-shot me b:sad

Luckily Magiere passed by and ressed me b:cute
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    seeing a level 40 something assasin using only dual swords:

sin: hey, why dont my skills work?
    me: >_> *through my face palm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    seeing a level 40 something assasin using only dual swords:

sin: hey, why dont my skills work?
    me: >_> *through my face palm*

I saw an archer today, running around with a molder sword...
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Tulisia - Dreamweaver
    Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I bought a high level pataka...
    *smashes pallm throguh her face*
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I bought a high level pataka...
    *smashes pallm throguh her face*

ow wow O_O that is just..
    *ahem* i bought a soulsphere for my wizard.. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mine was a facepalm SKILL of landing on bosses... or having them land on me.

Level 30-something, exploring Secret Passage. Round a corner and have enough time to think, "Wow, that is a HUGE PUPPY!" Then suddenly the hindquarters I'm looking at swap for a screenfull of teeth, and my first encounter with SilverFrost is concluded with a grey screen.

Exploring another area, and I find a neat spot that has a series of stone columns leading up a hill. I'm thinking, "Wow, they have some really cool scenery in this game." Suddenly my screen is filled with orange rock. I have enough time to think, "WTH?!" then my screen goes gray. Thus I learned where Kong spawns.

Having fun in the Northeast area of the map, skimming along the water on my manta (manta-skiing races, anyone?!). I notice the sound of rushing water. I start thinking, "Wow, the water sound effects in this game are really amazing." The rushing sound gets louder, and thinking of my previous experiences, I swunt my camera around. Got a screenful of Mantavip.

Having just tanked the Claw King for the first time, I pause for a victory shout... and wonder why everyone else is running away. Yep, you guessed it... screenful of Claw King. Thus I learned how some mini-bosses have a ridiculously fast respawn time.

Exploring a trail that runs up and down some hills, admiring the view. Screen goes gray. A huge red ball of eyeballs rolls over me and continues along that same trail. Hello, Krimson.

Do I still explore? Ohhh yes. But if I find a place that is surprisingly empty of mobs... >.> I sit and watch it a bit before I go in there.

Braw!!!

Made me LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A 9x Barb running FB69 in human form.

Me: Why are you in human form?

???: There's another form?

Me: hahaha good troll

???: No, really I only have two skills

??? has been booted out of squad

Me: WTF REALLY?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My most facepalm-worthy moment to date was probably managing to complete Dragon Gate EX without dying then realising I'd neglected to pick up the quest on the other side of the room.
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Last time i played my sin was questing around the kun kun area and stumbled upon a white name archer wearing the charmed arcane set and was wielding dual hammers.
    Initially thought it was some high lvl posing as a lowbie to trick white names but it turned out it wasn't. He was attempting to kill kun kun but followed it right into a crowd of gouls and taurox, they killed him rather quickly.

Could not stop lolingb:pleased
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thinking patch would be today.

.-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Forgot to press tow, or halt my pet while catching a cuddly pup for my veno and my pet killed the cuddly pup. There was no one else besides me there too. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A 9x Barb running FB69 in human form.

Me: Why are you in human form?

???: There's another form?

Me: hahaha good troll

???: No, really I only have two skills

??? has been booted out of squad

Me: WTF REALLY?

WOW.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    missing a 0 while selling a few stuff
    Fox-Nah.gif

I've lost like 20m doing this a few times <_<
    Thats sure to have made some people very happy lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Still not sure if i should post here , but oh tha hell for the lols, here`s very very few of my
    moments. like someone said above "A lot of people start this game on their own, they don't read guides on the forums and might be to shy to ask." yeah i was one of them, so here we go.

~ Learned to set macro heal on lvl 86 ( Midnight I love you b:kiss) , and yes till then was never afk unless doing BB /wrist

~ On lvl 90 when OHT quest just patched, my very first craft from tears was lvl 100 gold
    arcane OHT boots with 3 soc all resists hp +105 pdef +94 pdef +94 and guess what?
    Correct i NPC them. That was more then a year ago, yet still a tear in my eye b:sad

~ Woke up one morning not too long ago, and before i said hi all~ to my guild was already dragged to BH pt. So i think to myself i have some money on me, why ahouldnt i put it in AH to buy some gold till the run ends. So i go to AH put 8 mil in... balance didnt changed, but less money in my inv... i dont get it, wtf goin on? look again at my inv .. look at the AH ... still missing money. I try to transfer 16 mil more , same thing, and then it hits me ...ALL my money i DROPPED ON THE FLOOR!!! omg i pick it fast and in that sec my pt goes b:shocked WTF PEPPER ... ofc i "shared" with them 16 mil. lucky for me my pt was made of my friends so they gave me the money back, as far as the other 8 mil? Nothing left for me to do exept for WC "Whoever picked 8 mil at south AH.... enjoy" since then i make sure i fully awake before i go to AH :)

~ HH 3-3 last boss about 8-9 months ago. Pt buffed and ready to go. Our barb then decides he dont have enough chi so he takes off the wep and duel the other ep (ep heal himself so hiero will not tick). So when the barb gets full chi in his half hp, he yells at us - heal!, get in tiger and storm at the boss before i could even say "stop you still in the duel..." At that point me and the other ep looked at each other (we know what`s gonna happend if we heal , bai bai pt )said mhm sure il heal you when the hell freezes , and watched barb getting lol1shot. He knew whats up too when the msg "The duel between xxx and zzz was a drawn" showed up .

That`s all for now. I think the most embarrassing ones i`l keep between myself and my hubby b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
This discussion has been closed.