Your most facepalm worthy moment ingame

Comments

• AmberRage - Sanctuary
    AmberRage - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A long time ago, in my venomancer. Was doing that timed quest for Tauroc Valorians close to TT entrance. A dead BM asked in public chat for someone to ress him. There were a few clerics around, questing too, so I just kept questing.

A few minutes passed and nobody had ressed him. He started calling the clerics by name *in public chat* asking them to ress him. I kept questing.

Then he called me *again by public chat* asking me to ress him. I replied telling him I couldn't, because I was a venomancer. He said *no you're not! come ress me!*

I just didn't try to reply anymore.....

Edit: and a more recent one. Last night I went afk, leaving this char riding anniversary mount in some low lvl town. When I got back, someone had pmed me saying *omg! thats your highest lvl char lol*

I thought of replying *omg! you don't know of account stash lol* but... why bother @_@
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Accidentally selling the Polaris Snow Cub mount to an NPC...meant to sell a pair of 1* daggersb:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My Assasin dueled an Archer this past weekend and after I won he asked me to heal him. b:shocked
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My Assasin dueled an Archer this past weekend and after I won he asked me to heal him. b:shocked

Facepalm
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    BH59 with 4 clerics, and no tank class. Lol, screenshot ---v

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mmv1jt.jpg

b:chuckle Lol b:chuckle
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A 97 assassin tanked Polearm. I was on my assassin also. He was doing fine until he Shadow Escaped (force stealth and gain 1 spark), then the boss went to me, then the cleric, and all died. I asked what happened since it happened to fast, he said "I needed chi"

I just did an FCC on my assassin with a 97 barb. At the dragons, all of them went to the DDs, killing us one by one. Then the barb says, "lol, guess i should get alpha male after this run"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Invigorate - Harshlands
    Invigorate - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    (Faction chat): Hey guys, can someone help with mantavip?
    98 Barb: Sure thing!

b:surrender
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I actually have a few:

1) I was tanking BH59 and were almost to qianji. Suddenly the BM demands to tank saying i will never be able to keep aggro. When i ask why he reply's "cause fist attack with 5 attacks per second". He was lvl 71 with lvl 60 DQ bracers thinking he had 5 aps.

2) My archer was on wyvern on BH51, we had been running without a tank. So the cleric decides to phone in for a tank. The sin says all of a sudden says "dw i can tank" and rushes to wyvern. The cleric desperately tries to save him but he dies and so does the cleric. When she asked why he did that he said "Cause i could always do it on my BM, idk why it doesn't work with my sin"

3) On my BM i met a barb who had stuck 50 points in magic because he said "It gives me more magic defense, ltp"

4) I sold the tauren cheiftan cape i got in my FB69 to NPC on accident.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I had a facepalm moment in FF.

Everything had been fine until Dread.

Me: "Everyone please stay close to Dread so the bishops spawn close."

So, dread spawns the first bishop. I tab over to it and attack. I think to myself, "Man, this sure is taking forever."

Finally, it dies. I tab back, only to have another bishop spawn. Another minute or so spent killing that guy. Back to dread, no wait. Another bishop. And another. Finally there are TWO Bishops spawned because it turns out I was the only one fighting them.

I die. Squad kills dread, I'm still dead. Bishops are pounding on them. Finally, they kill them.

Me: "Yeah, thanks for the lovely support there guys."
    BM: "WTF, how did you die?"
    Cleric: "Yeah, you weren't tanking."
    Me: "Gee, did you guys not notice the BISHOPS?"
    BM: "This guy spawns bishops?"

Mind you the BM was 89. Cleric was 87.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • Anozira - Heavens Tear
    Anozira - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Transfering my gold to the wrong serverb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Feliziab:victory
    b:heartHusband of Dorsetb:heart
    ♫ I can feel it on my mouth
    I can taste you on my fingers
    I can hear you like the Holy Ghost
    And kill you if you get too close ♫
  • Djoulz - Lost City
    Djoulz - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    when i reached lvl99, i had my HH99 mats for HH99 leggings ready...so i go to decompose the HH90 leggins..."decomposing process fail" "decomposing process fail".... and i painfully discover that you can't decompose something that has been bound >.> so had to buy another HH90 leggins and robe!

/facefokingpalm
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ive had 2 say the most face palm moments i have had in the game is when i see Inventor world chat. lol.

But other than that i would have 2 say i had a barb in squad and he just got 11k hp(This befor Mold and TT Gear came easy and refines were on Cash shop. He thought that 11k hp was the coolest and he wanted 2 test in my fb79. he pulled almost half the fb and died lol. he then started 2 complain we didn't do anything or help DD. but it worked cuz he pulled almost the whole fb they all reset and we were halfway threw and skipped everything XD Greatest fb ever lol
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I summoned a card boss with my veno but couldn't herc-tank it even with two venos spam-healing. Since my veno uses heavy armor, the cleric suggested that I tank it. I figured it was worth a shot, and better than leaving the boss and wasting the cards. I was new to being a main tank at the time so I checked and double-checked all my gear and hotkeys to make sure everything was ready. The cleric then started spamming IH on me, I genie-pulled the boss, and...

I promptly did my standard veno-job-at-start-of-boss thing. Soul Degen to debuff hp, followed by Amp. Of course neither of those skills actually do any damage so the boss went right to the cleric and killed him.
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My biggest three facepalm moments - sorted by category:

Most noob:
    That Veno joyfully jumping and celebrating about the uber-high damage she now makes with the just learned advanced spark eruption (she went sage two weeks before)

Most myself:
    Me - at the early 90's - rejoicing about the bargain i just made buying like 100 Ultimate substances for like a third of the usual Kitty-Shop price (the next week i had no problem with HP-recovery)

Most pro-elite-noob:
    That guy, who camps in FF and just put his 3rd char (barb) to lv 89, buying all the good skills in Sage and then going Demon...

oh - and then there was a Sin, being the only one in the squad to need Pole and throwing Alpha Male about 10 secs before Boss dies "just to test the reaction time of the clerics". He died, we lol'd (and palmed our faces)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Okay, so, this is about a fail cleric while on my cleric.

This was a long long looooong time ago when I was still a real newb and only about level 40. I had just left my previous faction because the only thing they would help me with was my fb (suprise surprise). I was wandering around bored out of my mind because 40's back then had NOTHING for exp or quests. All of a sudden I got a whisper from someone in faction a few days afte I joined (Cause I wasn't on a tab with faction chat) that someone needed a res. I was like sure, why not, my choices were grind, DQ or help noobs. So I party the dead person who I had never met.

He was 50ish WAAAAAAAAAY over on the other side of the map at misfortune. So after a long boring fly (cause I'm cheap and don't like expensive teleports). I arive, low and behold its the leader of the faction. So I rez, and heal him leaving him to buff himself since he was a high level.

I didn't even finish panning the camera in the direction I wanted to go before he got himself killed again.

So I killed the monster 10 levels over me he had died near. Rezed him again, healed and buffed him.

Same thing, didn't even finish panning the camera again and he died.

So I'm like wtf, why is this guy dying so easy?

So I decide to check his gear since he was on fashion.

He had 5 peices of gear on...

I rezed him again and flew off immediatly, left party, and I wasn't even ^30 when I got a whisper from him that he died again.

I totally ignored him, and stayed in the faction for a few levels just cause there were some fun people to talk to.

Heres another.
    (This is a double fail btw)
    Later loooooong down the road when BH's were first introduced and I was in my 60's. I had gone along with the random party and we had made it to Fushma. I'd been on a few 51's allready and figured this would be a peice of cake... Nope, no dice.

We had cleared all the felgar and the bm chased after Fushma to near the pillar, and didn't bother to pull him to a clear spot. We had gotten him to about half hp when the patrol showed up. The veno freaked out for some dumb reason (furthest away from the patrol) and backed right into the Terra's near the pillar dying in a few seconds since I was busy keeping the over confident and poorly geared sword BM alive... and I was next to die droping in 3 hits being the next closest to the Terras (This is actually why I always use an hp charm and carry GS), and of course the inevitable party wipe followed without a cleric to heal.

But the fail doesn't end there. Oh no.

After resing I return and start to res people. The BM was first and I hadn't even finished resing the third person when Fush started to stroll by. We were all dead at a very safe distance from his patrol direction so no one was in danger.

And the BM, no buffs (not even his, I know they don't help with fush but its the principle), @10%hp/mp, and me the cleric busy resing the group charges Fush and dies 1 shot.

He then has the audacity to chew me out for not healing him, acting like it was my fault he died again.
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Me: whaaaaattt, PW increase 50% DQ price from npg and TW reward

facepalm... was a dream
    b:chuckle
  • _Mikosage_ - Dreamweaver
    _Mikosage_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Okay I have a really embarrassing story that actually happened to me a few nights ago.

Let me preface this by saying that the guy who works overnight at my job is on vacation, so I took his entire week of shifts from 11pm to 7am. Two days before my first shift I was preparing my body by staying up all night and playing PWI till around 8am and going to bed.

Thus, I was already sleep deprived and I was getting sick thanks to my loving wife sharing everything but the covers. >_>

So needless to say I was mildly delirious for most of this.

I was playing on my mage, who is around level 20 or so. Now, throughout my mage's life so far she has run into this one BM over and over, from the starting area on. He always squads me and I help him because he's squishy for some reason and I move on.

Well this night he finds me as I'm killing Wasteland Tarantulax right next to the haunted path. He squads me asks for help etc. I'm on 18/20 but I shrug and figure I'll give him a hand anyway.

We killed for a while and all was well. Then I went to attack one and out of nowhere he was like, "NO STOP!". I was tired enough that he startled me and I forgot to hit my second skill. By this time I had already hit the darn thing once and it was coming for us. At the same time two Crimson Boas aggro'd for no good reason and came after me.

So I ran from them because I knew we were screwed and managed to aggro a wolfkin while i was at it. I ran and ran and barely escaped with like, 10HP.

So I go back to where he was and I ask him wtf his problem was. He said, "If u kill them I wont get the quest go kill something else".

This iritated me quite a bit. I mean, I spent an hour of my time helping him finish a quest I already soloed and he tells me to go away. That's bull, man. Not cool.

So I said fine and left the squad and went and turned in the quest. Then I sat there for a while. The more I thought about it the more annoyed I got, and decided to do something about it. My level 20 mage can't PK, I thought to myself, but my 37 sin can!

I'm sure you all see where this is going.

So I get my sin and I teleport over to where I last saw him. I find him near the NPC in a safe zone turning in the quest I did most of the work for. So I waited. I followed him as he bought something from a blacksmith and then harassed a cleric into buffing and healing him by spamming normal chat until she gave in.

I saw him about to move on so I jumped up and started running on the rooftops above him.

He finally left the safe zone so I ran after him and hit my speed buff to catch up. Then I switched into PK mode.

I ran and ran. He came into sight. Got right up on him and hit my first skill....nothing.
    I blinked. Hit my secondary skill. Still nothing. I sat there dumbfounded for a second. Meanwhile he noticed the sin furiously flailing in his direction and offered to squad me. I accepted to see what level he was.

19. For some reason through my exhaustion I had thought he was in PK mode. I grew cold as the reality of the situation slowly set in...I was now stuck as a low level in PK mode for ten hours. b:shocked

The whole time this is going on he is demanding that I make him a level 2 weapon over and over and over and over and over and over and over...AND OVER in squad chat. I just...I had nothing to say. Ashamed of my own stupidity, I said something generically mysterious like "You came close to death tonight" or something, went invisible, left the party, and logged off.

Wow...egg on my face, huh? It was okay in the long run though, I had a ten hour shift at work the next night so I put her in a safe zone before I left and she was ready when I got back. Still feel pretty stupid though lol
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The whole time this is going on he is demanding that I make him a level 2 weapon over and over and over and over and over and over and over...AND OVER in squad chat. I just...I had nothing to say. Ashamed of my own stupidity, I said something generically mysterious like "You came close to death tonight" or something, went invisible, left the party, and logged off.

This made me start the morning with a laugh and I had to set my coffee aside for fear of spillage. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mahochan - Heavens Tear
    Mahochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Most noob:
    That Veno joyfully jumping and celebrating about the uber-high damage she now makes with the just learned advanced spark eruption (she went sage two weeks before)

Most pro-elite-noob:
    That guy, who camps in FF and just put his 3rd char (barb) to lv 89, buying all the good skills in Sage and then going Demon...

Quoted 4 truth, TY Pana (I know both noobs myself xD )
    MahoChan | Level 101 | Wizard | Demon Elder | Eisblume | Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit and big thanks to Nowitsawn <3
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thought the Broadkris Drudge was a giant statue standing on a mystical meat dq drop.

*Attempts to sneak around* Drudge farts...I die...

/facepalm.
  • KiAngelo - Sanctuary
    KiAngelo - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Flirted with A Gender bender...

/Facepalm

think i gagged too...
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    my friend refused to play my girl char then he went on his girl sin

/Facepalm b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • jayword
    jayword Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    Won ecstasy card in the tiger event, bought one tiger pack with the money, and got a token of best luck lol, then sold the token for 5mil, bought 14 tiger packs, all normal tokens

/facepalm at my self b:surrender
  • multicharsman
    multicharsman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You know those moments in real life when you look around sheepishly thinking, "I cant believe no one is doing this. I've hit onto a brilliant idea that no one else has thought of."

VERY NOOBISH

I NOTICED the mysterious merchant swapped chips for cool stuff!!!

(yes you high levels know where this is going.....)

So I bought 135myterious chips with tokens, (1mill coins) thinking to myself (with a self-slap on the back) this will be a MUCH cheaper way to get the chieftans robe than buying one in the auction house.

*facepalm*

.... need mysterious chips..... PLUS 3million coins to get the item....... I hope someone will buy my chips one day.......
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010

.... need mysterious chips..... PLUS 3million coins to get the item....... I hope someone will buy my chips one day.......

I always thought that was a little tricky myself... Pretty sure I did a similar version of the same thing...

Oh well, I had plenty of dice tickets for a while... b:chuckle
  • Lil_Minion - Heavens Tear
    Lil_Minion - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You know those moments in real life when you look around sheepishly thinking, "I cant believe no one is doing this. I've hit onto a brilliant idea that no one else has thought of."

VERY NOOBISH

I NOTICED the mysterious merchant swapped chips for cool stuff!!!

(yes you high levels know where this is going.....)

So I bought 135myterious chips with tokens, (1mill coins) thinking to myself (with a self-slap on the back) this will be a MUCH cheaper way to get the chieftans robe than buying one in the auction house.

*facepalm*

I did this too, although I bought about 3k worth of mysterious chip packs thinking, Oh, I will be able to buy my TT99 gold mats so cheap! *buys, goes to chip guy, realizes the most expensive mats need 900 chips And 18m* So now whenever my sins husband needs anything from that merchant, I just give him a few packs and we call it good!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I smell a big necro here.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • WhipThis - Lost City
    WhipThis - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was dueling PC yesterday (for those of you not on lost city hes one of the top geared ppl) and he hit me for 14k(i have 5k HP).

Fail 1: I was feelingso smug that I didnt die, i was so sure I glitched the game. The he pointed out that Deaden Nerves restores ur HP no matter how much you get hit forb:surrender
    Fail 2: Dueling same guy, hes an archer. I stealthed and ran around sure that he couldnt hit me. Then he one-shot me. We were squaddedb:cry
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    missing zero's in a catshop made me lose a few zero's on my cash stack...
    400M down to 40m over night
    *facepalm*
    *facedesk*
    *cuts my wrists*
    *holds a gun to my head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My mate dropping 55 mil to his cat shop and he lagged and dced, so that 55 mil went through the PWI pixels and vanished out of the human world. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.