DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Options

Comments

• arkjei
    arkjei Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I hate the idea of Dq Prices Dropping. I spend money on pwi here and there. But im not spending my every dollar. I will surely quit if they drop all the prices of DQ down,
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't entirely disagree with Reds here, the drop in value really isn't the end of the world - but the 'one more mob' statement isn't accurate. If I go out aoeing for an hour and turn in what used to be 200k worth of DQ items but is now 160k, 'one more mob' isn't going to make up the 40k difference. More like 5 or 6 more pulls. Again, not the end of the world, but certainly not as simple as the 'one more mob' idea makes it sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't entirely disagree with Reds here, the drop in value really isn't the end of the world - but the 'one more mob' statement isn't accurate. If I go out aoeing for an hour and turn in what used to be 200k worth of DQ items but is now 160k, 'one more mob' isn't going to make up the 40k difference. More like 5 or 6 more pulls. Again, not the end of the world, but certainly not as simple as the 'one more mob' idea makes it sound.

Ok....fine nit pick since I did not do the math. The point is, it is not a big deal b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok....fine nit pick since I did not do the math. The point is, it is not a big deal b:surrender

^(o.o)
    me are also agree that it be not a big deal.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^(o.o)
    me are also agree that it be not a big deal.

3rded - not a huge deal in itself.

Like I said the big deal to me is the lack of communication/explanation. I imagine the GMs are trying to get an answer out of the Devs, which would explain their silence on the matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't even understand the logic behind this hurting the "hackers" farming DQ drops.

So all of the sudden the hackers are going....

"OMG my bot has to work so much harder for me to get the same coin! Oh whoa is me!!!b:cry"

Really PWI? This only hurts the people actually sitting in front of their computer grinding for DQ mats, not the people who have a program doing it for them.

You want to fight the hackers, then get off you asses and actually do something that'll hurt them. Instead of just hurting your non-cashshopping players

Unless like someone else said, in PWI "hacker" = non-cashshopper -_-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...i don't like the price drop. To get the equivalent coin for 10dq old price you now need 12.5 at the new sell price.

So, for me as a bm when I do decide to aoe grind to make some coin. I have to grind longer with more repair cost and less return overall.

In short......QQQQ QQQQ QQQQ Q QQ QQQ QQQQQQQ QQQQQQ'Q. b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3rded - not a huge deal in itself.

Like I said the big deal to me is the lack of communication/explanation. I imagine the GMs are trying to get an answer out of the Devs, which would explain their silence on the matter.

This or they're avoiding this post because it wouldn't be the first time they try and give the community an answer and they still end up causing a crapstorm of further complaints and attacks against them for people's ignorance regarding just how little the GMs control this game in terms of certain content?

Either way, I'll agree it's not a big deal myself. I don't make my money from DQ, my main source of cash comes from merchanting (although at the moment, this too is hard just given the sheer amount of merchants. The number of merchants always tends to rise with pack sales.) The extra cash my veno brings in is negotiable - but extra cash is extra cash either way you look at it.

All I will say in slight defence of some of the complaints; you can farm TT all you like, but prices are still relatively low across the board given our latest bout of 2x. Making money isn't quite so easy if you don't get into the buy/sell game. But that doesn't mean it's OMGUBERZORZ!!! difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My problem with this is that they're not targetting the right people at all. They're nerfing what your average gamer - the ones who can't CS much and who don't know how to play the market either - makes money with. They won't target the big money-makers who use bank notes, packs, and so on.

So on top of that, they nerf the prices of sellable items, they raise the prices of buyable items, and they expect it to be a big enough coin sink.

... For the average gamer.

And I don't like it one bit.

So I'm still following my own advice: adapt or quit. Whether we're QQing or bringing feedback that's NOT QQing mostl likely won't bring us anywhere. The devs have the upper hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My problem with this is that they're not targetting the right people at all. They're nerfing what your average gamer - the ones who can't CS much and who don't know how to play the market either - makes money with. They won't target the big money-makers who use bank notes, packs, and so on

Seriously?

You can make 10x the money in soooo many easier ways O_o (imo of course).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously?

In order to play casually you can't be running HH all day in order to make money.

Grinding is dead at this point though, so maybe you're right b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously?

Yeah, if you are lvl 101....

If you are level 20 or 30 DQ is how you earn any money.

If your employer told you that you were going to now receive a reduction of 20% in your income.. would you shrug it off? No.. you'd be furious.

20 cents on the dollar don't sound like too much. But When you equate it out that you make 100.00 a day and you are missing 20.00 a day its a lot. Furthermore... thats 400.00 a month. Thats a car payment, or an electric bill..etc.

The amount adds up and quick. If they want to lower pot and repair cost, I am all for this. Otherwise the idea stinks.
  • whantplay2
    whantplay2 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no, no and no.
    Please pk the 16 yes!
    perfectworldcommy.blogspot.com
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1000 versus how many that play?
    Just because most in game don't vote here doesn't mean they will vote YES.

This poll, while not 100% accurate, shows actually the basis. ijs
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just because most in game don't vote here doesn't mean they wouldn't vote NO.

This poll, while not 100% accurate, shows actually the basis. ijs

*fixed*

But yeah, think how much arguing and back-biting and so forth goes on in GD on a daily basis. It's a microcosm of the game as a whole - good luck getting us to agree unanimously on anything! And this?
    OVERWHELMING majority consensus.

There'll be riots in the streets of Archosaur, quest NPCs and guards getting PK'd, bosses lured to Bounty Hunter!
    b:shocked

/final comments exaggerated for humorous effect.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whantplay2 wrote: »
    no, no and no.
    Please pk the 16 yes!

b:shocked
    oh noes~
    me voted yesh
    :<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *fixed*
    Oops sorry I mistook the vote names I forgot it's like this :P

Thought it's "Do you hate the -20% on DQ?" instead.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In order to play casually you can't be running HH all day in order to make money.

Grinding is dead at this point though, so maybe you're right b:surrender

I am not talking about HH at all!! <3
    Yeah, if you are lvl 101....

If you are level 20 or 30 DQ is how you earn any money.

If your employer told you that you were going to now receive a reduction of 20% in your income.. would you shrug it off? No.. you'd be furious.

20 cents on the dollar don't sound like too much. But When you equate it out that you make 100.00 a day and you are missing 20.00 a day its a lot. Furthermore... thats 400.00 a month. Thats a car payment, or an electric bill..etc.

The amount adds up and quick. If they want to lower pot and repair cost, I am all for this. Otherwise the idea stinks.

Has nothing to do with level. You adapt like you would adapt to gas prices rl (used this for lack of a batter example). People complained about that and how no one could afford ect, but people are still driving and people will still be playing..

My point is that it does not take that much longer to kill a few (since when I say one ppl get nit-picky) extra mobs for the dq.

My argument has nothing to do with level at all. I started on the Arch server with nothing so it is not like I am immune to knowing what it is like to be without "funding" and the same goes for when I started here on LC.

In terms of the "poll"....I can see the numbers, but the small percentage to actually vote versus the amount of people that actually play turn this into a moot vote looking at it from a statistical angle (sorry that is how I think).

This same thing has happened with other things in this game and people ended up eating their words because they jumped too conclusions too fast. DQ items were meant for a quest(s) in-game that is relatively dead.

What if the new Tide Badge Quest yields something that would make the added $$ to make up for the 20% loss in DQ? Then everyone freaking out going to eat their words here?

Chill out and wait ffs. That is all I am saying it is not a big deal and people will survive. Just wait and see what happens....

People just flip out too soon...*sigh*

Hell...people are dealing with receiving less mirages for decomping of 3*'s...suc's but you play on if you truly like the game.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

NO YOU need to learn more about the real world. My father worked for Emerson Electric for 26 years. Suddenly, 6 years ago they host a meeting offering severance pay and a small margin of money to those employed a substantial amount of time because they was closing down and moving to mexico where labor was cheaper. My father after 26 years worked in the shipping department and only made 9.00 an hour. Our companies have become sell outs. It wasn't just his one company either it was several across the united states.

So if for one minute you think that they don't move the factories to mexico and lay off the common american people you need to do some research.

As far as the facts... fact is that out of the people who do come to the forums (a small controlled group) over 90% of THOSE people are not in favor of the change. Who cares if the rest of pwi doesn't vote. Those who frequent the forums HAVE voted. Which means those are the people who truly care about the existence of this game.
    No.I don't for being over 40 years of age and it would cost billions to move an automobile factory and close one down.They would have to have hefty pay out to those unionized worked as well for compensation and retirements.They just don't make Cars and Truck in the US as there are plants up here in Canada and our unions are a lot harder to deal with.there are Japanese built car in North America Canada/US.

The new players that have lvl 30 still get quests with coin and will learn how to adapt faster than most of you as some one mentioned

To that person who said boycott buying zen why don't they shut down the servers down now.I would say that 90% of the player population wouldn't agree with you.

It is either that or qq more I am use to changes like this in rpgs and atleast they didn't nerf any skills like they do every 2 months in another rpg I play.Grow and adapt.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Has nothing to do with level. You adapt like you would adapt to gas prices rl (used this for lack of a batter example). People complained about that and how no one could afford ect, but people are still driving and people will still be playing.

b:bye

Interesting analogy you chose. Due to the change in gas rices a couple years back, I no longer drive anywhere near as much as I used to. Instead of going on joy rides just for the heck of it, I only go the places I need to. I also now try to ensure I get as much or all of my errands done in one outting instead of when I feel like it.

I fully expect to pay for things like mounts and fashion (luxuries if you will), but lately it becoming harder and harder to earn enough coin just to be able to play our chars. If this keeps up, my playing this game, much like my driving, will be greatly reduced, if not stopped altogether.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You really need to learn more about the real world as they didn't move the factories to Mexico and layoff all the unionized workers.GM and Chrysler almost went broke last year.They did not move any factories to Mexico.

Here is an article in business week:
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_15/b4029081.htm

Here are the factories that Crysler moved to in Mexico
    Saltillo Engine Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila 1981,2009
    Chrysler Hemi engine
    Chrysler Pentastar engine
    Saltillo Truck Assembly Saltillo, Coahuila 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 &3500
    Toluca Car Assembly Toluca, State of Mexico 1978 Chrysler PT Cruiser
    Dodge Journey

Now Ford:
    Blue Diamond Truck Escobedo General, Nuevo Leon Mexico Ford F-650
    Ford F-750
    Ford LCF
    Chihuahua Engine Chihuahua, Chihuahua Mexico Open 690employees Duratec I4
    4,4L and 6,7L V8 Diesel

Game keeps cropping the list.... dang... you get the picture though. If it really matters to you, I can also post the list of ALL the factories they closed in the US.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Can we please have an official GM response on the matter of WHY these price adjustments were necessary? Personally, I'd like to know the reason for it.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmfao
    i quit the game (again and forever probably) because of the ****ty packs in shop
    i'm sure many people did because of that too
    now with the DQ items it's time for the rest of you to show how u don't like it and actually quit
    it's not like PWI is the only mmo out there besides at the end of the year there'll be at least 2 great fp2 to look forward to
    taking a break from a mmo now is a good time
    then leave them milk the last 10-12? cash shoppers with packs
    i'm sure they'll make a lot of money by driving the community out of their game because of greed

p.s. i enjoy the poll status looking like a middle finger :)
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is the last page atm b:surrender

avoidance b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Interesting analogy you chose. Due to the change in gas rices a couple years back, I no longer drive anywhere near as much as I used to. Instead of going on joy rides just for the heck of it, I only go the places I need to. I also now try to ensure I get as much or all of my errands done in one outting instead of when I feel like it.

But you still adjusted and still bought/buy gas, my point has been made. Same thing can be applied in-game. Maybe less of the "luxury" items, etc....

People need to chill and wait...could be better things ahead. Complain when things are implemented not before b:sweat
    avoidance b:chuckle

To what...have you not seen my too-long-posts O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But you still adjusted and still bought/buy gas, my point has been made. Same thing can be applied in-game. Maybe less of the "luxury" items, etc....

Hardly the same at all, I have reasons I have to drive. There is no reason at all I have to play, or for that matter pay to play this game at all ^^.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

People need to chill and wait...could be better things ahead. Complain when things are implemented not before b:sweat

To what...have you not seen my too-long-posts O_o

hey rosey o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't even understand the logic behind this hurting the "hackers" farming DQ drops.

So all of the sudden the hackers are going....

"OMG my bot has to work so much harder for me to get the same coin! Oh whoa is me!!!b:cry"

Really PWI? This only hurts the people actually sitting in front of their computer grinding for DQ mats, not the people who have a program doing it for them.

You want to fight the hackers, then get off you asses and actually do something that'll hurt them. Instead of just hurting your non-cashshopping players

Unless like someone else said, in PWI "hacker" = non-cashshopper -_-;

I looked at the forums of another mmo today. guess what they had in their general discussion section. a banlist. thats right a banlist. the gms posted a list of names for all to see. ingame names of accounts as well as the (what we would see here as) the blank avatar name saying they were banned. that didnt look like a slap on the wrist welcome back 3 days later it was an account ban. they cant come back and use the funds they botted to get that account was gone.

sounds like a good solution to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hey rosey o-o

OMG CENTETRIC!!!!!

b:cryMISSED YOUb:cry

<3333

b:beg Come visit me!!

Hardly the same at all, I have reasons I have to drive. There is no reason at all I have to play, or for that matter pay to play this game at all ^^.

Then don't play?

Sorry if that is mean but you either like the game and play, wait till IT IS ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTED, adjust or move on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Re: DQ drops npc-price drops, just 2 words:

Epic Fail b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
This discussion has been closed.