DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    95 Archer.

i like that only 5 people is crazy to want the death of int-client similar to My client
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always love this argument.

Do people really think that the heat that's in their homes is free, and that only computers use electricity?

Right now leaving my PC on generates a tiny bit of heat, which decreases my heating bill because electricity is cheaper than natural gas. Plus, the electricity comes from a hydro-electric dam rather than fossil fuels.

So leaving my computer on not only costs me less, it's also slightly helps the environment. Sure, things will change to the exact opposite once I need my A/C, but for now I'm doing my part to reduce carbon emissions by running my PC and my PoS laptop all day.

I should get an award or something for being so green. b:chuckle

It was meant as a joke but you didn't seem to get it. But well if that's the case, I question the source of your electricity supply which I believe the majority of it still comes from non-renewable sources due to higher costs, technical barriers and limitation of renewable sources. Even if it comes from renewable sources, there exists some major drawbacks. Do your own research.

I also question the location in which you live and the ridiculous amount of heat generated by your PC which I doubt it's enough to warm you up if you ever NEED it. So I feel it's more of an excuse to turn on your PC for gaming and catshopping as the heat is just too small to even make a difference. You may argue that your PC is too old to even feel a bit of a depreciation cost, but old computers are bad for environment. Why? Do your own research.

LOL @ being so green coming from a hardcore gamer.

LOL being so green in YOUR mind.
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Umm not really clear the poll question.

The good question is:
    PW with 20% DQ reduction make 1 suicide?
    -Yes
    -no
    -i cant have an opinion becouse i play another mmorpg

or

PW says: next patch DQ item price is reduced of 20%
    -PW you are Crazy
    -Su....
    -insults
    -other insults
    -this really a bad idea
    -ok, i leave from game
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm gonna cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As most people already know the DQ price was lowered by the Dev's because of people haxing the Instances for them on the Chinese version . Now afaik that isnt a problem in this version, so there is no reason for the -20% to be carried over to here.

Im sure you already know yourself that drops after a certain level are nerfed beyond belief in this game, thus reducing the players chance to grind coin ingame.
    Keeping this change will lower that even further and send out a clear signal that finally PWI doesnt care about any player and all it wants to do is force people to charge as much $ as possible.

PWI - The Best FREE to play Game -

If that ^^ still holds true STOP removing peoples ingame means to make coin.

DQ Drop Nerfs
    Skills that should have been ingame months ago
    Cashshop Culti Change
    KS Events

So where exactly is the exciting stuff ?

Where's the endgame content this game desperatly needs ? Where's the X amount of bug fixes ? Where's the finishing Lunar etc ? etc etc etc etc

2 years later I'm still waiting for them to fix barrage. 2 YEARS!!!! That said I doubt anytime soon they are going to fix the rest of the bugs. They only seem intent on fixing the ones that actually cost them money(by cost I mean make ppl stop spending).

I agree with the one guy. My mom spent 250$USD for a herc so she could grind more efficiently when she's online. They just took away the entire reason she spent that money.

Taking away the ways to gain in game coins isn't going to fix this issue. This gaming company surpassed greed with stupidity in their marketing :(
  • tamikuru
    tamikuru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i'm just aphasic.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I actually heat my room with my PCs.

Its great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    400 and counting... <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    400+ UNhappy players and counting...

Damn Miugre u beat me to it..
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    400 and counting... <_>

I didnt read the whole thread but....did any of the 5 ever identify themselves or did they just vote yes for the lulz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhenton - Archosaur
    Rhenton - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I dont agree with this at all. DQ drops help me bring in some extra coin to help with repairs and pot costs. Im not sure what they are trying to accomplish here....
    There isnt much i can do about it...

Grind more?
    yeah its more time consuming and i use more pots and repairs and such
    but i should probably do it more anyways. Im not really sure if that would make up for the price change though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Forsakenx for the sig
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for destroying my main source of income. Way to go devs b:lipcurl
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When I first started playing, the DQ items were the main source of income. It was able to help me get the skills, repairs, gears,etc. I wasn't going to start putting money into a game that I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy playing. It was only after I got this archer to level 60 that I was sure and I started charging a bit of Zen in anticipation of getting the TT items.

Does the PWI management seriously think that when new players can't have a steady source of income for their skills, gears, repairs, etc. they're going to start charging Zen? I would like to hear the opinions from the rest of the players who have posted in here regarding this point. This mention doesn't apply to new characters with higher level mains but new players who are starting from scratch.

When PWE implement updates or any changes in the game, do you guys get together and consider the pros and cons just like a real business meeting? Or is it 'let's just go with this and **** them players, they're gullible enough to keep on playing and paying anyway.'

What you see in this forum are players bringing up their concerns because they want to keep on playing and they're hoping things will change.

What you don't see in this forum are the players who quit and are posting in other game sites and forums about PWE's greed.

Which ones would PWI like to see more of? More players who would like to continue playing or more who wants to quit? Oh, you won't get to see the ones who quit here, maybe a few. The majority will be somewhere else giving you bad publicity.
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I didnt read the whole thread but....did any of the 5 ever identify themselves or did they just vote yes for the lulz

It was probably these 5 people

Frankie
    Ironman
    Kantorek
    Dvorak
    darthpanda16
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    I actually heat my room with my PCs.

Its great.

When I was in school we'd heat our rooms with 360s/PS3s

The PS3s put off more heat than the 360s though. b:chuckle
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When I was in school we'd heat our rooms with 360s/PS3s

The PS3s put off more heat than the 360s though. b:chuckle

It's the opposite for me b:chuckle
  • Mikki - Heavens Tear
    Mikki - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My opinion for what it's worth:
    There are those among us that only have DQ as a source of income or maybe have DQ and the occasional top up with gold, There are also those players that for whatever reason can't get gold be it that they are to young or that they simply canit afford it.

By lowering the value of DQ it will only serve to alianate those players and possibly even make the game unplayable for them; ergo they leave for other games. That being the case then you would have no right to advertise this game as free to play (as it is it's the most expensive free game i've ever played).

Now consider your position, You make a game and advertise it as free to play yet you make it practicly impossible for a player to earn enough in game coins to sustain any form of enjoyable playstyle bearing in mind of course the price of boutique items when transfered to ingame coins. My opinion is that it borders on eliteism (you can only play this free game if you have enough real life cash to buy gold and obtain goods from the boutique).

I don't know of course the reason behind this, perhaps an attempt at selling more gold, But i can only imagine the outcome.... well at least the lag would be better in arch.
    edited May 2010
    My opinion for what it's worth:
    There are those among us that only have DQ as a source of income or maybe have DQ and the occasional top up with gold, There are also those players that for whatever reason can't get gold be it that they are to young or that they simply canit afford it.

By lowering the value of DQ it will only serve to alianate those players and possibly even make the game unplayable for them; ergo they leave for other games. That being the case then you would have no right to advertise this game as free to play (as it is it's the most expensive free game i've ever played).

Now consider your position, You make a game and advertise it as free to play yet you make it practicly impossible for a player to earn enough in game coins to sustain any form of enjoyable playstyle bearing in mind of course the price of boutique items when transfered to ingame coins. My opinion is that it borders on eliteism (you can only play this free game if you have enough real life cash to buy gold and obtain goods from the boutique).

I don't know of course the reason behind this, perhaps an attempt at selling more gold, But i can only imagine the outcome.... well at least the lag would be better in arch.

Sooo true..this is the most expensive game I have ever played. I could have spent my money on a year's subscription to this one game that I cannot mention.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i love your posts :) well thought out with good points. i think the DQ nurf will hurt the new player and lower levels the worst. remember being lvl 20 and grinding for DQ to be able to afford upgrading skills? i think most people start a free2play hoping it will be free. if they get frustrated and leave, they won't get hooked enough to ever buy any gold. plus if there are no new players, the older players have no one to sell stuff too.

Aww.. thank you. I thought you had quit, or at least that's why SS said or implied. I dunno, not really very chatty in-game, just usually on vent. Yeah, I remember it not being a problem to afford skills, pots, repairs and the odd piece of fashion or armor upgrade when I needed it, but the game has changed from a 'level-at-your-own-pace' game to one of who can speed level the fastest. I hardly doubt any friends team up to combine wanteds and justice orders with one man armies or grind at fishies or wherever. It's basically turned into a spam of looking for BH and Frost. I agree though, it's the free player base that means most to the community. Without them, there is no real game left.

This... may be the first time I've ever completely agreed with you, sir.

lol... I may be an ****, but I do believe that my opinions are pretty well founded in thought and reason. Glad you agree with me this time. Just as I've said on other posts, I remember when PWI was a lot more fun, but I don't blame packs for ruining it. Packs are a necessary evil. Things are going wrong from mismanagement.

oyamajio wrote: »
    It's not free. It's computed together with dorm bill, and for the worse part it contributes to global warming, lol.

lol Global Warming. You believe in it. That's a religion-like cult created by progressives to make money and is proliferated by a cottage-industry who depend on grants and charity to maintain their income. The earth and life in general has survived global catastrophe and extinction level events. Volcanic and solar activity play a role in climate change, humans do not. The Earth heats up and it cools down and has done so far before humans and will long after. And if you truly are an eco-environmentalist, wouldn't we do the world a favor by making it uninhabitable for humans so the trees and animals could live without us? lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited May 2010
    lol Global Warming. You believe in it. That's a religion-like cult created by progressives to make money and is proliferated by a cottage-industry who depend on grants and charity to maintain their income. The earth and life in general has survived global catastrophe and extinction level events. Volcanic and solar activity play a role in climate change, humans do not. The Earth heats up and it cools down and has done so far before humans and will long after. And if you truly are an eco-environmentalist, wouldn't we do the world a favor by making it uninhabitable for humans so the trees and animals could live without us? lol

I think global warming is true. b:surrender
  • Hayneko - Harshlands
    Hayneko - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If anything they should raise the DQ sell price. There are so few possibilities of making money if u r a Non CS'r, or even for ppl like me, thet charge like 10gold every couple of months.
    Now whats the point of grinding, if the amount of coins u need to repair a session of grind is only obtainable in 2 or more sessions?

Grinding is officially dead if they do lower the DQ price.

I do enjoy the ocasional grinding (lately ive been enjoying it even more, dunno why). It feels good to kill mobs without having to worry about a squad or a boss...

But now... i might as well punch a NPC outside of Safe-Zone... it will do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's the opposite for me b:chuckle

We had one of the newer 360s (The Falcon circuit boards if I'm not mistaken) and a first-gen massively obese PS3. The PS3 was basically a space heater,and we used it as such.

Also I'm with Mike on global warming. I consider myself an environmentalist, but global warming distracts from the actual environmental issues at hand (e.g. deforestation, pollution, etc.) Waste of government money, and in Al Gore's case, a Nobel Prize.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Want it? Don't want it?

It's not like a poll would change anything.

Nonethless, I vote "I don't like it". Never actually SOLD a DQ item, but I have some leftover stacks from lower level DQs which eventually need to be NPCed. Also, with the WQ being the far superior AFK quest, I can watch the exp reward for both and decide which one to do and which one to drop. Dropping DQ would mean... yes, lots of DQ items to sell (after all, I still need to level pets and collect fungus).

In the end, it doesn't change much, though. From what I read around here, the only thing I really "need" to actually improve my options is a Hercules --- which costs something like 80 million. I've recently completed my 5th million and started with the 6th, so it's not like this reduction would do much of a difference :-)

From what I read, people walk out with millions from dungeons, so I guess the reduction has nothing to do with inflation. It's more like another suggestion to stop playing unless you want to dedicate a lot of time to it and join dungeon farming groups. Next thing that happens is that they'll change world map monsters to give no exp at all, probably.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I merchant on my archer, with medium success. I'm not the best at it, I'm not raking in millions upon millions (I'd like to be) and I'm not able to get two computers to set up a separate account on which to have a 24/7 cat shop.

I grind on my veno for an extra few 100k, partly because it means her Herc is always going to be at the same level she is, partly because it's relatively easy EXP that brings money into it (and rep as all if we count quests/one-man-armies/justice orders) and partly because... I can.

The nerfing of the DQ drops price is beyond a little unreasonable.

New players between 1 - 40 aren't likely to cash shop - there's nothing of bonus for them in it unless we're talking about major cash shoppers who will Hyper their way up anyway. They rely (and I know I did anyway) on DQ drops as a solid source of income for their repairs, any shards they may want to buy, hell any gear they might want to nab from the AH.

Newer players are especially hurt by this. They don't have high level alts to merchant on. They now can't even grind out their first 500k as easily in order to start merchanting. This is as much a problem for potential new players and new merchants as it is for people who still grind for extra coin when they have nothing better to do.

I am really disappointed to see that this has been implemented and I would implore the people in charge of what comes across to PWE to reconsider and remove of this completely. You're hurting a large number of players no matter how they play. New merchants who need to make their starting money before they merchant. New players. Even older players who will grind for hours to gain extra coin they need as soon as possible if they cannot merchant to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010

People also believe in Astrology, Tarot Cards and that the world is flat. That doesn't make it so.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The fact that someone doesn't believe doesn't make it any less true. But anyway I care less about it because I have this stronger belief- enjoy yourself while you can, lol
    edited May 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    The fact that someone doesn't believe doesn't make it any less true. But anyway I care less about it because I have this stronger belief- enjoy yourself while you can, lol

Global warming = junk science. That is fact.
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    Amaliee - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I haven't read through all these posts, so this has probably already been said, but for me the DQ drop in NPC price doesn't really matter, it's not been a source of income for me since a long time ago, but what I really worry about are new players. The new players who don't cash shop and who are just playing through the game free, as intended. I remember when I first started a long while ago that DQ was a major source of income, if almost the only source for me as I was still learning the game. :( Now I wonder how the newbies will be able to get by.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People also believe in Astrology, Tarot Cards and that the world is flat. That doesn't make it so.

Believing in global warming is like beleiving to the fact that once Earth will be freed from humans. b:chuckle But yeah, testing the concept behind global warming theory isn't hard.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have not had a sale now in my shop for over an hour . Highly unusual , i would say has not happened before . People are balking at this . Makes me very unhappy b:angry b:angry
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
This discussion has been closed.