Why are people flaming others about light armor like its a curse?

Options

Comments

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you look at the builds I did in comparison. Same shards, same refinements. You have roughly the same Phsy resistance, more mag resistance, -3% more negative channeling, and more mag attack power, with more Hp.....AA is better if you build correctly. Only thing you really lose is 11% crit...

The LA build also has the same amount of magic def as an better geared archer, but less hp, which is really bad 99+.

Having only 6.8k hp and 5k mag def = 1 shoot for any 100+ wizard. Also 1 shoot for a cleric that sleeps you at half health and uses tempest. Also food for archers what ever you do since fox form wont help, you have (unlike arcane venos) bad metal defense.

As a veno you really have to think about magic defense. You have fox form to hide and kite against physical classes and its kinda the panic button you use when you get ganked and in mass pvp when you get focus fired. But fox form does jack shiet when you get elemental attacks on you.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You were high when you were on your veno and your cleric.

that explains more then me seeing miss xD
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well 11% crit = better offense

No. Have you actually read anything in here.....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i've played arcane veno and LA veno.
    i must admit i pretty much enjoy LA veno over AA.
    hate the fact of being so squishy.
    survivability wins.

(AA wizards with garnets make me laugh seriously...hard.)
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No. Have you actually read anything in here.....

If you read the rest of his really confusing post, the answer would be a not so astounding no.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wouldnt say LA users are bad, i like a class with a challenge like mine :3
    the rick with socketed armour for low vit users, are gems with HP and defence boosters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you read the rest of his really confusing post, the answer would be a not so astounding no.

Yeah, I want whatever it is he is smoking.....b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i've played arcane veno and LA veno.
    i must admit i pretty much enjoy LA veno over AA.
    hate the fact of being so squishy.
    survivability wins.

(AA wizards with garnets make me laugh seriously...hard.)

AA venos are only squishy if you build them that way. LA venos are always squishy doesn't matter how you build them. But unlike wizards a veno in arcane might have to shard a bit of garnet even if they have highly refined adorns, since they dont have stone barrier.

A wizard really dont need garnet at all i agree, if they have phy def neck + belt highly refined using garnet is just a huge nerf of hp.
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    Credence - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LA pwns if u build it right~
    Full TT90 LA
    Immac Garnet
    lowest ref: +3
    highest ref:+4

2010-04-1323-11-34.jpg
    /showpost.php?p=10036192&postcount=914

Its far from perfect.. its all demolished.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You must have a very impressive magic defense and hp with that set up b:chuckle

Only thing that "pwns" here is the wizards that will 1 shoot you with gush.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I am not a big fan of light armor myself. Therefore, I wouldn't rely on it for most classes. But if I see a light armored wizard, I would not judge him. Because he / she chose his / her own path.

Wait a minute.. weren't you the one that said LA is the best and blah blah blah a while ago?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=623061
    You were saying?

I just read through that thread. It was funny. You're funny.
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You must have a very impressive magic defense and hp with that set up b:chuckle

Only thing that "pwns" here is the wizards that will 1 shoot you with gush.

nope.... no hp just resistance, im my theory... what is hp without a sheild? sheild meaning the resistance...

u got all this hp for what? to last a few more hits? just to let that charm tick and **** then hear u complain about it cause ur getting hit really hard?

If you have physical and magic def balanced...ur defence... will protect ur hp... i got 3.9k hp... and not many wizzies will 1 hit me.. cause...

1) my buff stops me from being 1hit.
    2) high magic and pdef
    3) im an assassin... "u cant hit what u cannot see"

Think about it...

edited April 2010
    Options
    nope.... no hp just resistance, im my theory... what is hp without a sheild? sheild meaning the resistance...

u got all this hp for what? to last a few more hits? just to let that charm tick and **** then hear u complain about it cause ur getting hit really hard?

If you have physical and magic def balanced...ur defence... will protect ur hp... i got 3.9k hp... and not many wizzies will 1 hit me.. cause...

1) my buff stops me from being 1hit.
    2) high magic and pdef
    3) im an assassin... "u cant hit what u cannot see"

Think about it...

ok....um....thought about it...um.....wizard kills you....1 shot. BM's kills you 6 second combo.....cleric kills you...yeah...i could go on...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am a light armor venomancer. I chose it for obvious reasons. Extra physical defense in fox form makes up for not being heavy (but not as much) and to go heavy you sacrifice magic attack in favor of physical. Given that I wanted to use both forms light armor made sense for me.

Given how fast a Assassin or some other melee class can take down a arcane veno without the best gear in the game it made sense (for my limited budget veno) to have the magic damage and just enough physical resist to survive those sneak attacks.

But that being said there are disadvantages and advantages to every build... so to each his or her own.

btw I have a cleric and it is light armor build as well... simply because I was too cheap at the time to build separate armor... hand me downs for the win.
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People flame them because it's not the "right way" to play. You know, you don't do everything the cookie cutter way and you're automatically considered an idiot, right? Even though you should be playing the game the way you want for your enjoyment. Gotta rush, rush, rush through those TTs so you can finish it 10 minutes sooner and whatnot.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LA pwns if u build it right~
    Full TT90 LA
    Immac Garnet
    lowest ref: +3
    highest ref:+4

Ummm... yeah, about that... it pwns only cause you can't really wear anything better. As for your shards and refines, they're rather typical these days. You can get to +4 rather easily by spamming mirages to +3 and Tienkungs to +4. You're still a one-shot to an average geared 10x mage. I could kill you before occult ice or stun wore off. Assasins only start getting really dangerous when their daggers push past +7 or +8.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Having played all DD ranged classes. I have to lulz at those who claims their crits are just 'awe-sum' 'splendid' or even 'amazing'.

The classes that has highest probability of criting are the sins and Archers.

Now please do not tell me that your LA build, has a higher chance of criting than the 2 classes mentioned above.

sins crit chances are so far the highest and still, they do not crit 90% of the time.

So please explain to me, how 'awe-sum' can your LA built crit?

The only way I can see Venos, Mages, able to utilize the built are because they have skills that takes advantage (no matter how marginal).

Now what does a LA cleric and psychic have in them that makes use of this build?

For crit chance?

For survivability?

It is often said that AA classes are supposed to be fragile (in tradition sense) for their ability to deal out loads of damage and it's supposedly a trade off.

Now if you 'balance' it out, you will find that you need to spend more cash into making your cleric / psychic to match your peers in AA.

Bottomline: If you got loads of cash to refine (at least + 7 and above) your gears and weapon, you can be LA.

But if you are a poor LA, please accept the fact that your damage will never reach your peer's level.

Being a DD or Cleric, it comes down to how much MAG stat.

Str Dex and Vit can only do so little to help in your survivability.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    AA venos are only squishy if you build them that way. LA venos are always squishy doesn't matter how you build them..

LA venos are squishy if you build them that way. i'm not responsible for ppl dont having the will for farming money or having money at all and having refined and gemmed equip.

dont be so exclusive about LA build. LA build for venos in pvp is one of the better builds what so ever.
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bottomline: If you got loads of cash to refine (at least + 7 and above) your gears and weapon, you can be LA.

Uh it's actually the other way around. People go light armor because all the gear is ridiculously cheap compared to it's AA/HA counterparts. I should know, I was LA from lvl70-90. Not because I was poor but because of all the freakin money I was able to save by not decking out AA to be competitive. I managed to compete with the best of the server with little or no salary from TW and no Cash Shopping, AS A CLERIC. There was a time before event items where clerics were ridiculously expensive to play, especially if you wanted to remain at a competitive level with the rest of the server...

Then I quit... and event **** came out... and all the time the people put into getting their characters where they were, everyone else was able to do in a matter of days because of the events. Fail PWI.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kinda funny how the ones saying there is lack in power cause of refines or the gear are 100+ or near it. im not a god, but im feared when people know im out to kill them. In pvp why the hell would a sin attack a barb and blademaster... IMO i enjoy killing that blademaster's dumb gf or wife who went pk with them.. squishy = dead... anyway +7 and +8 is an option but u dont need it and as an example clearly it shows... question.. who acctually has a sin that has done pvp and pve? a sin is not limited on their gear just on their skills and stats....

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kinda funny how the ones saying there is lack in power cause of refines or the gear are 100+ or near it. im not a god, but im feared when people know im out to kill them. In pvp why the hell would a sin attack a barb and blademaster... IMO i enjoy killing that blademaster's dumb gf or wife who went pk with them.. squishy = dead... anyway +7 and +8 is an option but u dont need it and as an example clearly it shows... question.. who acctually has a sin that has done pvp and pve? a sin is not limited on their gear just on their skills and stats....

If you read the entirety of this thread, you would realize that the two classes people don't have problems using LA are archers and sins.

And you happen to fall under the sin category.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I laugh at LA clerics and wizzies more than I laugh at the LA venos, because they don't even have a form that can make better use of the armor and how **** it is. If you wanted p.def, shard garnets. Wearing LA is stupid; the nerf on your attack that goes into dex is a waste because your attacks will never miss and you aren't supposed to be dodging hits - you aren't meant to be taking them in the first place unless they're magic hits that you can tank.

Ehh.. I disagree with you for the LA wizzie part because one time in TT 1-2 we all where doing the last boss (the guy in the center of the large room) and we had me a 9x cleric a 8x barb a 8x LA wizzie and a 7x veno. When we started the boss killed me and the 9x cleric everyone but the LA wizzie escaped.

The wizzie stayed and was able to tank the boss until 4 mobs appeared and ganked the wizzie. So, LA wizzies are not bad at all is just how you use a LA wizzie that makes them good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I remember in mid 2009 and before people use call LA clerics for rebirth. I remember that happening very often in WC.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ehh.. I disagree with you for the LA wizzie part because one time in TT 1-2 we all where doing the last boss (the guy in the center of the large room) and we had me a 9x cleric a 8x barb a 8x LA wizzie and a 7x veno. When we started the boss killed me and the 9x cleric everyone but the LA wizzie escaped.

The wizzie stayed and was able to tank the boss until 4 mobs appeared and ganked the wizzie. So, LA wizzies are not bad at all is just how you use a LA wizzie that makes them good.

Pretty sure no one gives a **** if someone survived in some easy mode lvl 70 pve instance when they're arguing about LA armor endgame on casters b:sleep

Also why the hell did he agro the mobs that pops in the center of 1-2 b:shocked

And thirdly why would you even bring a LA wizards to TT in the first place, its the worst DD you can ever find.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TigerLilly, you know that some people prefer to take their friends to TTs no matter what builds they are? Simply cause they know their playstyle. Or do you say "no" to friends with different builds? Or you just dont befriend with people with different builds?

Besides it is just TT... you don't need to be "elite" to do it >.>
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Besides it is just TT... you don't need to be "elite" to do it >.>

Coming from a veno, who are usually greedy and controlling in any TT instance.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Coming from a veno, who are usually greedy and controlling in any TT instance.

Jealous much? b:chuckle

But seriously, who handpicks players for TT basing on their builds, expecially for DDs? In tank and clerics you can be bit more picky as in some cases you need good ones, but for DD?
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'd just like to say, anyone posting anything over +5 please come share some money. Sorry to burst your bubble, but +10 is not the average players endgame. We don't have that much cash to spend on the game.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jealous much? b:chuckle

But seriously, who handpicks players for TT basing on their builds, expecially for DDs? In tank and clerics you can be bit more picky as in some cases you need good ones, but for DD?

Not really. It used to **** me off when I was 7x, now that I'm 10x and claw, I solo tank 3-3 with two clerics... 2nd Illusion Stone today.... between 3 people.

b:pleased

I'd just like to say, anyone posting anything over +5 please come share some money. Sorry to burst your bubble, but +10 is not the average players endgame. We don't have that much cash to spend on the game.

I +1 - +10 my Deicide from 2.5 weeks of merchanting.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not really. It used to **** me off when I was 7x, now that I'm 10x and claw, I solo tank 3-3 with two clerics... 2nd Illusion Stone today.... between 3 people.

b:pleased

And veno gets preached down by bm, who is usually greedy and controlling in 3-3 TT. b:chuckle

Though, it amuses me...people curses venos as greedy, though often they are the ones who provides people with cheaper TT mats. Mostly venomancers set the prices for TT items. If material can be easly farmed and there isn't too much demand for it - it is cheaper than DQ. If material is needed and is hard to be farmed for venomancer, then item will be expensive.
    Mostly it means that popular materials from aoe bosses are expensive. Without " greedy and instance controling venos" TT mats would be more expensive :) Like it is now with materials for tt99

Ok, jumping off this topic, before I get preached for going off topic too much b:bye