New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    UPDATE:

We hear you loud and clear, and we'll do what we can to fix things.

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Thank you all for your feedback :)

NO!!! DO NOT REMOVE THEM NEXT WEEK, remove them NOW! People will stock them in the thousands just like they do with teles. Especially now that everybody knows there is a possibility they might be removed, the spam lovers are going to stock pile like crazy...I've already seen one catshop selling 500+ of them.....a week of them being in boutique equals a several months of seeing them spammed as though they were still available in boutique (ppl will just buy them from catshops). b:cry
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    NO!!! DO NOT REMOVE THEM NEXT WEEK, remove them NOW! People will stock them in the thousands just like they do with teles. Especially now that everybody knows there is a possibility they might be removed, the spam lovers are going to stock pile like crazy...I've already seen one catshop selling 500+ of them.....a week of them being in boutique equals a several months of seeing them spammed as though they were still available in boutique (ppl will just buy them from catshops). b:cry

if they remove the ability to use them, they will be useless.

This causes a great deal of issues, considering people bought them with zen or in game coin. People will QQ about that.

*sigh* I gotta say it, Im saddened that PWE never thought about this.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • RikaNei - Dreamweaver
    RikaNei - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The world horn chat is being massively abused. People chat, 10 lines, a single letter per line, spamming the **** out of any and all chats.

This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. My blacklist is full, locking out annoying people. When will the horn chat give away stop ???

If this is a permanent feature, please expand the blacklist length to over 200 people.

Some people even create new accounts to use horn chat to annoy everyone else, for example

BILLY says: t
    BILLY says: h
    BILLY says: i
    BILLY says: s
    BILLY says: i
    BILLY says: s
    BILLY says: o
    BILLY says: c
    BILLY says: l
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol watch some huge cash shopper buy $1000 worth of perfect horns and sell them to other players right after they get taken out of boutiqe, just to **** ppl off. b:laugh
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Tarind - Sanctuary
    Tarind - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cheze, they are being removed from the Boutique, not the entire game, so any Perfect Horns you still have will function normally for the time-being. If the functionality of the Perfect Horn is modified in the future (for example if it becomes filterable), then any Horns that you have will also be modified upon the application of that future patch.

For those of you that didn't look back a few pages.
    They'll remove them from the Boutique on Tuesday.
    But these morons get to buy them up and horde them, and be able to use them still.

So personally, I won't be back in the game until these items can be filtered out.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To be honest this just supports the idea I had awhile back that PW is trying to grab as much money as they can from this game before they outright bail on it. They dont care about the long term in my opinion, why should they when they can milk 50 dollars for a mount etc from game addicts who would be more than willing to morgage their house for it...and which was how the game was designed to be in the first place.

Yeah I said it, this game is intentionally designed to be addictive, or did you think that giving you 5 hour events as the only (free) way to level up with no way to back out without losing ALL progress is designed to be a none addictive experience? lol

They dont care about keeping customers, they're making more money in the SHORT TERM now because of all the people stocking up on these, and they dont care about the long term, they're just making another game instead of trying to save this one. Hey this might have been done as a way to distract everyone from things like lowering the number of mirages from decomposition or potentially lowering the amount of coins you get from DQ drops.

I would be more than willing to spend money on this game if it wasnt such an obvious setup for milking cash from you, but this is insane, prices in the boutique just reflect its all about milking the people willing to pay for this game before it shuts down.

PW is just becoming part of what is wrong today with the way games are developed.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Couldn't have said it better myself Zen. And i'm so sleepy atm i prolly couldn't have anyway b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if they remove the ability to use them, they will be useless.

This causes a great deal of issues, considering people bought them with zen or in game coin. People will QQ about that.

*sigh* I gotta say it, Im saddened that PWE never thought about this.

They would still be able to use them just not buy them and who wants an immediate update to remove them now.I don't think most would want that best to wait till Tuesday.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cheze, they are being removed from the Boutique, not the entire game, so any Perfect Horns you still have will function normally for the time-being. If the functionality of the Perfect Horn is modified in the future (for example if it becomes filterable), then any Horns that you have will also be modified upon the application of that future patch.

If that's the case Frankie then what was the point of announcing their removal in the first place. I was dreading this weekend but knowing they'd be gone next week meant I wouldn't be missing out too much gameplay. Now it seems I can look forward to this spammage for months to come regardless if they're removed or not.

I'm now with those asking for their instant removal to reduce the number of people who are already stocking up on the damn things.

You can add and remove items from cashshop whenever you please. You do it all the time. When you said it took work on the backend I assumed you meant the functionality of the horns themselves, not simply removing them.

You've given us nothing while appearing to grant our wish.

I take back my thank you in spades b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • AswhalesWife - Sanctuary
    AswhalesWife - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just to add some food for thought. Why cant the horns have a cool down of say 5 minutes or any duration. This way people cannot abuse them talking like they would normal do in wc's.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They dont care about keeping customers, they're making more money in the SHORT TERM now because of all the people stocking up on these, and they dont care about the long term, they're just making another game instead of trying to save this one. Hey this might have been done as a way to distract everyone from things like lowering the number of mirages from decomposition or potentially lowering the amount of coins you get from DQ drops.

I don't really mean to quote just this, but I do agree that a lot of games seem to be focusing on the short term effect/success of their game. Though to be fair, some people judge the success of a game, by how much money they make from selling things, and as I am sure you know Zen, they do have to make some sort of income to keep this game running; however, I do still agree with you some of the stuff is a bit expensive to buy.

The sad thing is that this would probably have worked out for the better for the whole of pwi, if some players didn't try to ruin it for the rest of us... and some of those players may call it harmless fun; however, it is those comments made by them with the horn, that is causing all the fuss, argo the removal upon next maintenance.

(which btw to one of the above posters, a forum mod that goes by the name frankieraye (I believe) explained why they are choosing to wait to remove them, based on the last time something of the like happened and they needed to remove something from the boutique the game had to be taking down to do so, and some people really would prefer to just wait for maint, for them to be removed, and I am happy to do so, it really isn't THAT bad here on dreamweaver... knock on wood.)
    Fox, do you remember the whole "Duke Rose" disaster from so long ago? The last time we removed an item from the cash shop for emergency reasons, it took a day-long maintenance, during which time the servers had to be taken down.

So before you call for us to do it again, please think of all the players who are willing to wait a week rather than lose an entire day of gaming.

Perhaps there would have still been complaints if what you could/can't say in the horn chat was more controlled, by EVERY player, but I do believe that if there weren't so many... spammers, spatting nonsense on the horn window, then I really doubt the annoyance with them would have been this high. As in perhaps they would be able to leave them alone, and in the boutique.

The wc's, and perfect horn chats seem to be quickly becoming what I am seeing in squads as of late, everyone in it for what they need/want, then they just up and leave. << I won't delve too much into that peeve, considering this isn't the place for it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please don't remove the horns! just Give us a filter.

HORNS RULE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    they are removing them from sale to patch them, they will return later, just be changed
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For the people who want Horns removed "now" VS "next week"... Personally I would rather have then 'tll next week, than have the servers down all day and me unable to continue w/ my addiction to PWI. We all have different opinions however, and some people are totally fine with missing a day of gaming in order to have Horns out of the game before next week.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just to add some food for thought. Why cant the horns have a cool down of say 5 minutes or any duration. This way people cannot abuse them talking like they would normal do in wc's.

Then the regular telecoustics would have to have cool down of 5 min.I imagine they are based of the same mechanic.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Dreadbow - Heavens Tear
    Dreadbow - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    World Chat is just that world Chat, we should not be seeing this in squad chat or Faction Chat.

Common, trade and world chats is were this belongs.

or make it so and old guy like me can turn this **** off.

If I wanted to listen to all the world chat **** then I would be in common chat.

first thing when login I switch my chat node to faction chat just so I don't get all the spam ****, and now people have a way of interrupting the peace and quite.

I don't care what others say "oh just wait it will slow down once people test the new toy"
    bull the issue is now people has a way to spam Squad and Faction.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    (which btw to one of the above posters, a forum mod that goes by the name frankieraye (I believe) explained why they are choosing to wait to remove them, based on the last time something of the like happened and they needed to remove something from the boutique the game had to be taking down to do so, and some people really would prefer to just wait for maint, for them to be removed, and I am happy to do so, it really isn't THAT bad here on dreamweaver... knock on wood.)

Don't mean to nit pick but it's already been said and DONE, they dont' need to shut a dang thing down in order to take things out of the boutique. Frankie says they wont' do it cause it's not scheduled..... hence waiting till next week. Makes me think.. so what there's no techs working there except on patch day? Or is there just ONE tech? lol seriously if they dont' even need to shut the servers down to put things in and out of the boutique...... I dont' see the problem in doing it now.
  • LadyLotte - Heavens Tear
    LadyLotte - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i have no problems with horns i just wish that they could be filtered out like world chat is
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Seriously now ... is it that hard to add a filter to them ?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Website and game login was down all morning. I was soooo hoping they did it on purpose to remove this abomination. Sadly, that wasn't the case. The Perfect (way to)Horn (in on private, faction and squad chat) still exists. I'd much rather be without PW all day long and get rid of the horn than have to put up with this **** through the weekend.

Oh, and for those saying "quit QQing and give them a break. They said they would fix it," They said that about the website's main page as well. STILL not fixed. Still just as generically stupid as since day 1. Still missing the very items they SAID they would put back, so forgive me if I have a hard time believing anything said here in the forums by PWI employees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't mean to nit pick but it's already been said and DONE, they dont' need to shut a dang thing down in order to take things out of the boutique. Frankie says they wont' do it cause it's not scheduled..... hence waiting till next week. Makes me think.. so what there's no techs working there except on patch day? Or is there just ONE tech? lol seriously if they dont' even need to shut the servers down to put things in and out of the boutique...... I dont' see the problem in doing it now.

What part of that did you not get. yes they can add remove things without the server down IF they scheduled it with the last down time. All sales, added items ect are all set in motion at the last down time. The only way to remove this item would to be have a downtime as it is not a scheduled removal. On Tuesday they did not have any plans to remove it.

That is why the duke rose set had to bring the server down when it had to be removed suddenly. and with it it HAD to be removed every second it was left was a second more damage it was doing to the economy. While annoying and i hate them these horns are not going to destroy the game like that issue so dont really warrant a unscheduled downtime imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What part of that did you not get. yes they can add remove things without the server down IF they scheduled it with the last down time. All sales, added items ect are all set in motion at the last down time. The only way to remove this item would to be have a downtime as it is not a scheduled removal. On Tuesday they did not have any plans to remove it.

That is why the duke rose set had to bring the server down when it had to be removed suddenly. and with it it HAD to be removed every second it was left was a second more damage it was doing to the economy. While annoying and i hate them these horns are not going to destroy the game like that issue so dont really warrant a unscheduled downtime imo

With all the people on here talking about them, you'd think they were destroying the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Horns < Anni/Coral/Tiger packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    glad to see GM's listening to players. gtfo horns
  • snawsage
    snawsage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    With all the people on here talking about them, you'd think they were destroying the game...

PWI's business model is micro-transactions. Instead of prescription fees, it relies on boutique items. "Sick of medding, by a charm:; "tired of running to the bank; buy more inventory slots", etc.. Thus, server downtime = lost revenue. Therefore it wold take a class 1 or 2 Trouble Report to do an emergency patch.

I think we are pointing the finger at the wrong people at PWI. I am a software developer in a large company and if PWI is anything like other software operations, then it is not the software developers - it's the software planners, marketers, and managers. Typically, the developer is told what to put in or not to put into the application. A GM probably has no say in planning, development, managing, or marketing -- they mainly interface with the users.

What's my point? My guess is that removing the horns is not a great technical challenge. Most likely, at least one of the developers has said, "it's a cinch, I can just block this or that call in the code or remove this db variable". However; there is probably a policy that "no change, no matter how minor, gets uploaded without a full test" and "you better make d**n sure that this 'minor' change does not break the boutique".

To change things now, the tester has to conduct a full battery of tests (a day's pay most likely). So there is a manager screaming about lost time, server downtime (lost micro transactions), and "aren't we doing this on Tuesday anyways?" Meanwhile the marketing/planner (weenie) is defending his idea for the horns to the hilt, modifying his vision (on the fly) and blaming the developers for doing it exactly as he originally described it (LOL).

In saying all this, I am not trying to excuse this bad idea (the horns), just trying to state that there are several behind the scenes dynamics that involve more than stripping an item from the boutique. I am also hoping that it was just that, a bad idea. I really don't want to think that it was a money making scheme to get the money out of the players most likely to annoy others (namely, young males). I also hope that the delaying of the removal of the horns til patch (but still making them usable) is not a way to create a lucrative black market for the items, but instead, a necessary evil to seamless maintain operations for this fine product.

BTW, demote the planner who came up with perfect horns back to the mail room.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Or......Next item in Botique: Perfect Horn Block/Perfect Blacklist Extension Stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thax goodness i also play pwi and pw i can avoid it muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa but they should remove it asap. Pwi has change the game so much compare to china version thax goodness complain to wanmei about it.
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    KillaKiya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd have thought this would be an emergancy seeing as a lot of ppl are staying away from the game (me included) some due to having young eyes around them and not being able to filter what is seen & happening on their screens at any one time dont forget the game is only T rated and from the wording ive seen shouted out on the horns it goes way far beyond T rated

For the sake of shutting the game down for a few hrs yeah ok maybe 24hrs they would rather risk a much more severe penalty? its their own fault if this happens for not thinking b4 implementing such a system its not our fault or our familys or younger players faults.

I c it from their business point of viewas well and i would have thought they would have been worried too because its only gonna take a handful of complaints in the right direction and PWE are gonna be kicking themselfs its T rated licensed for a reason its no joke when some imbeciles dont think about what they are shouting out on horns and for PWE to have given them the power to be doing so well massive Facepalm b:surrender
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2010
    I'd have thought this would be an emergancy seeing as a lot of ppl are staying away from the game (me included) some due to having young eyes around them and not being able to filter what is seen & happening on their screens at any one time dont forget the game is only T rated and from the wording ive seen shouted out on the horns it goes way far beyond T rated
    If people are using the perfect horns to broadcast things that break our terms of service, report them and the appropriate action will be taken.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    KillaKiya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as ive already said on here and in my complaint to PWE i can no longer ss them as i now have no choice but to stay away from the game until this is sorted i have already explained why and if the reasons are not already obvious enough try looking thru my live chat history with one of ur assciociates on livechat should all become very clear then i cannot however risk that happening again just to ss it for you instead maybe PWE should try monitoring the WC themselfs again you dont pay me to monitor WC for you if u did i'd gladly do it!!! no offence but im one upset gamer right now whos currently playing other games because you all facepalmed miserably b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.