New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't scare Airyll off D:<

Huh? What? Sorry, I changed tabs and got carried away on another forum I stalk...

If I had more time, I may take up on Ted's offer. Although, you know, I wouldn't say so until I was a level at which his idea of play wouldn't break me and my poor character. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wait what if I already bought horns and don't finish using them this week? I spent the gold on it, are they going to become removed or useless if I don't finish using them before the update?

Cheze, they are being removed from the Boutique, not the entire game, so any Perfect Horns you still have will function normally for the time-being. If the functionality of the Perfect Horn is modified in the future (for example if it becomes filterable), then any Horns that you have will also be modified upon the application of that future patch.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cheze, they are being removed from the Boutique, not the entire game, so any Perfect Horns you still have will function normally for the time-being. If the functionality of the Perfect Horn is modified in the future (for example if it becomes filterable), then any Horns that you have will also be modified upon the application of that future patch.

hmm.....
    *starts hoarding up horns*
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Huh? What? Sorry, I changed tabs and got carried away on another forum I stalk...

If I had more time, I may take up on Ted's offer. Although, you know, I wouldn't say so until I was a level at which his idea of play wouldn't break me and my poor character. b:chuckle

OH THAT KIND OF PLAY I really...need to...yeah. Nevermind.

I'd do all your bossessss b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Our family is staying off the game until such time as the Horn is gone. We are doing this, not only to avoid the verbal sewage from it, but in protest for PWI forcing it on us, and not removing at once.

They could, if they really wanted to, but they are stringing it out, to get at least a weeks worth of money from it. as this article states so clearly, contraversy sells, and PWI is milking this for all they can.

Fox, do you remember the whole "Duke Rose" disaster from so long ago? The last time we removed an item from the cash shop for emergency reasons, it took a day-long maintenance, during which time the servers had to be taken down.

So before you call for us to do it again, please think of all the players who are willing to wait a week rather than lose an entire day of gaming.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    OH THAT KIND OF PLAY I really...need to...yeah. Nevermind.

I'd do all your bossessss b:cry

It's okay, we all have a gutter in our mind somewhere. -pats-

Would you do all my FBs too? =D
    I joke, I joke, I'm not that lazy. Although if I ever hit up an alt on LC I'll be sure to, you know, send an FB invite your way just for the fun of it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:puzzled
    even me?
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    b:puzzled
    even me?
    D:

... Possibly. Maybe. b:avoid
    I don't know hamster psychology all that well. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It will be gone by Wednesday so chill and hope those with left overs will use them very fast.Then we can go back to the traditional WC.

^I do. psychology.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010

Would you do all my FBs too? =D
    I joke, I joke, I'm not that lazy. Although if I ever hit up an alt on LC I'll be sure to, you know, send an FB invite your way just for the fun of it all.

;~;

Mike and Hamsta and I could do your FBs b:chuckle I used to make friends with lowbies solely for the purpose of pulling in the highest level people I knew to do their lowbie FBs and impressing them, rofl. So much fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'll have a fb39 for you shortly, Aadi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    ;~;

Mike and Hamsta and I could do your FBs b:chuckle I used to make friends with lowbies solely for the purpose of pulling in the highest level people I knew to do their lowbie FBs and impressing them, rofl. So much fun.

Man I thought I was the only person who'd charge into an FB19 and solo it in a few minutes just because I could, and partly because it's always fun to hear "Wow." XD Although I didn't tend to pull in other high level friends unless I just wanted it to go smoother and faster. You know, like... FB39... just because I still hate those exploding mobs, regardless of the fact they can't kill me now if they tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fox, do you remember the whole "Duke Rose" disaster from so long ago? The last time we removed an item from the cash shop for emergency reasons, it took a day-long maintenance, during which time the servers had to be taken down.

So before you call for us to do it again, please think of all the players who are willing to wait a week rather than lose an entire day of gaming.

I wasnt' around then but just out of curiosity after my 7 years playing *removed*... how many people are working there as far as GM's for the game and techs to do the patches/emergency maint.? like 2? b:shocked If removed has to do a emergency maint. they kick us off after an hour or so warning in the log and it takes like... 2 hours max. Sometimes less. I realize their a huge company, but so isnt' PW?

And take this into account, I JUST came back like in Janurary after like idk 6 or 8 months. In that amount of time i've spent about as much as a full year's worth of removed monthly charges (removed) in the cash shop (wings, inventory stones, 4 cages, a safe stone,, 4 stacks of Dragon orbs in the sale, 10 corals here, 10 there... 80 widgets etc etc). Nothing big, just mostly stuff that's needed or i can manage to get. I havent' spent anything else in like a month, and dont' plan to for awhile..... not a heavy cash shopper here. but how many on this game are, and spend like 5x what i did EVERY month. Then there's the few that spend thousands jsut cause their rich and bored. lol Jsut thinking about that i know damn well u all rake in more money on this then removed does for removed. Yet you dont' have the ability to contact a GM in-game (instead there's the stupid tickets that sometimes take weeks to get a response, if there even IS one), you can't roll back a toon who's been **** to get their gear back (on that note the guy removed that **** my faction leader and prenteded to be a GM is STILL running around), hell do u all even have the ability to read our logs?

Seriously i could go on but i'm getting sleepy and forgetting what i was sayign at first lmao.... But ya why don't you take all this money you get from us and hire more techs, and more GMs. Cause i'll tell you one thing, you need em.

EDIT: One more thing, We already know you can take things in and out of the boutique without shutting the servers down so stop using that as an excuse. JUST TAKE THEM OUT so no one can buy anymore till the fix is ready.

Edit I like how my post was edited without permission. OMG let's point out how badly the game is run. :bshocked
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I'll have a fb39 for you shortly, Aadi.

Good, my alt still has BH39 b:chuckle
    Man I thought I was the only person who'd charge into an FB19 and solo it in a few minutes just because I could, and partly because it's always fun to hear "Wow." XD Although I didn't tend to pull in other high level friends unless I just wanted it to go smoother and faster. You know, like... FB39... just because I still hate those exploding mobs, regardless of the fact they can't kill me now if they tried.

I like to show off, but I'm also very...very...lazy. If I can get someone else to tank things while I heal and support DD, all the better. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I like to show off, but I'm also very...very...lazy. If I can get someone else to tank things while I heal and support DD, all the better. b:cute

This is why I play an archer. I'm lazy.

Auto-attack for the win, with an occasional button press if I need to use a skill, or stop attacking. It's just so... so... so easy. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    This is why I play an archer. I'm lazy.

Auto-attack for the win, with an occasional button press if I need to use a skill, or stop attacking. It's just so... so... so easy. b:victory

Oh man I just discovered that on my sin. I did a BH today on Aadi for the first time in weeks, and I forgot I was the healer for the first few mobs...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    EDIT: One more thing, We already know you can take things in and out of the boutique without shutting the servers down so stop using that as an excuse. JUST TAKE THEM OUT so no one can buy anymore till the fix is ready.

Those removals are scheduled, not emergency.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010

And that fixes absolutely not a damn thing.

This little tidbit, coupled with the news that my best friend just rage quit over the ****ing horns, means I'm gone permanently.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Those removals are scheduled, not emergency.

so what? you're telling us there's not enough people working there to remove something that doesnt' even require the servers to be shut down?

:( bye Xara /wave (since i dont' know the smiley emotes by heart and the box doesnt' pop up when you're editing lol)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Oh man I just discovered that on my sin. I did a BH today on Aadi for the first time in weeks, and I forgot I was the healer for the first few mobs...b:chuckle

That sounds like a BH I would have had fun partaking in. b:laugh

Also, a general note to the complaints about the Horns:

Did you honestly think they would remove every single horn? The thing about PWE I have noticed is that they do not remove boutique items people have paid for and refund the gold. I may be mistaken about this, maybe they did it once and I never realised or perhaps it was done back in a day I didn't play, but to my knowledge there has never been the removal of an item so menial [in the eyes of the company anyway] where they take it away from players who have purchased it with zen.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but PWE just doesn't seem to like refunding people if they don't have to, and will avoid taking away the boutique items people charged real money for, for the same reason.

If you expected them to honestly remove the horns from all the players, I apologise, but it was rather foolish of you to get your hopes up that high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I remembered after a few mobs...then I appreciated never getting hit because I was just healing, and remembered why cleric > DD any day b:cute

I feel like I should say something on topic, but we're all kind of beating a dead horse here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    uhhh did someone say to take horns from people that bought them already? i didnt' see it. All i've seen was to take it out of the boutique... put a filter in... etc etc

Edit: nvm.. it was like the page or two b4 someone said just taking them outta the boutique wasnt' good enough
  • AnglikX - Harshlands
    AnglikX - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree, if it were filter out of squad pm, and faction chat, i would care less bout horns. Its jus annoying that they cant be filtered. I kinda like the idea, but the red txt must go, to many ppl useing to imatate GM messages( i thought it was bannable). I jus want it out of Squad,faction, and pm chat.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    It is bannable, but if they STIL havent' banned the guy that **** our faction leader's account.. i doubt they'll care about people using red text.
  • Kyzarin - Raging Tide
    Kyzarin - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In general, the horns are not that horrible of an idea, although the way they are implemented is not good, to say the least. In fact, the colors and such like are a good idea IMO. However, there *needs* to be a way to filter the things for faction chat, squad chat, and whisper. Everywhere else, it's not a big deal. I have absolutely no problem with seeing them in the general and world chat, as long as I have the option of filtering them in the private chat areas. Basically, there needs to be a new checkbox in the chat options to allow or filter the horns in any given chat area, or allow world chat settings to control them as well.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    **applause**

iel4x1.JPG
    I wasnt' around then but just out of curiosity after my 7 years playing *removed*... how many people are working there as far as GM's for the game and techs to do the patches/emergency maint.? like 2? b:shocked If removed has to do a emergency maint. they kick us off after an hour or so warning in the log and it takes like... 2 hours max. Sometimes less. I realize their a huge company, but so isnt' PW?

And take this into account, I JUST came back like in Janurary after like idk 6 or 8 months. In that amount of time i've spent about as much as a full year's worth of removed monthly charges (removed) in the cash shop (wings, inventory stones, 4 cages, a safe stone,, 4 stacks of Dragon orbs in the sale, 10 corals here, 10 there... 80 widgets etc etc). Nothing big, just mostly stuff that's needed or i can manage to get. I havent' spent anything else in like a month, and dont' plan to for awhile..... not a heavy cash shopper here. but how many on this game are, and spend like 5x what i did EVERY month. Then there's the few that spend thousands jsut cause their rich and bored. lol Jsut thinking about that i know damn well u all rake in more money on this then removed does for removed. Yet you dont' have the ability to contact a GM in-game (instead there's the stupid tickets that sometimes take weeks to get a response, if there even IS one), you can't roll back a toon who's been **** to get their gear back (on that note the guy removed that **** my faction leader and prenteded to be a GM is STILL running around), hell do u all even have the ability to read our logs?

Seriously i could go on but i'm getting sleepy and forgetting what i was sayign at first lmao.... But ya why don't you take all this money you get from us and hire more techs, and more GMs. Cause i'll tell you one thing, you need em.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    IMO throw it in the same filter as world chat. 'Cause well, to me it's WC on steroids. There's probably a ton of stuff that would it not be able to work, I can see it coming.

I too, like the general idea of the horn, just really badly implemented, as it was said a dozen times before. The idea of people controlling a chat which you cannot tick off, and has too many people spamming, is downright horrible. It's like telling a buncha guys that they can do whatever they want (really) with a mic at some mall O_o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    **applause**

iel4x1.JPG

Wow.. my post is kidna confusing now that frankie f'ing ripped it apart putting "removed" everywhere. >.< Last i checked we dont' live in a communist society... OMG I MENTIONED ANOTHER GAME TO GET MY POINT ACROSS SHOOT ME NOW. b:chuckle

As far as mentioning the guy that **** my faction leader's account, thought if i said something u all might get off your asses and ban him.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Wow.. my post is kidna confusing now that frankie f'ing ripped it apart putting "removed" everywhere. >.< Last i checked we dont' live in a communist society... OMG I MENTIONED ANOTHER GAME TO GET MY POINT ACROSS SHOOT ME NOW. b:chuckle

As far as mentioning the guy that **** my faction leader's account, thought if i said something u all might get off your asses and ban him.

Side note about the removal of names: It's a private forum. If they wanted to ban you for using the word 'thus', they could do so. If they don't want something said, they don't. You have a right to free speech in public places, but once you enter privately-owned areas, you follow their rules or go somewhere public where you don't have to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elektrika
    elektrika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am a guild leader on Sanctuary server, and my entire guild is extremely disgusted by the constant spam that now infiltrates our guild chat. I personally have had to blacklist several people, if not for their incessant spamming, then for uncensored rudeness and vulgarity. There is fundamentally zero purpose to these horns, except for people to annoy others at will. The exact same color function could have been implemented into normal telecoustics.

At the absolute least, give the option to turn them off so we don't have to see them.
This discussion has been closed.