New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• Pepperofsage - Heavens Tear
    Pepperofsage - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What exactly was the purpose of horns in the first place? All it is is world chat that you can't turn off. With that in mind... what were you thinking by not allowing it to be turned off? As others have said, in instances and such you're screen is being spammed with idiots you can't ignore. Our blacklists aren't that big. Honestly if horns are just for the "pretty colors" and nothing else.. why not just make that available on world chat and make the tele's the same price as horns? At least then people can go about their business without being spammed to death.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yet another thread created to somehow "contain" the vast amount of complaints that have arisen from another product release.

Unbelievable. I have yet to see a game quite like it. b:chuckle

The front page looks like....
    <Locked thread>
    <Locked thread>
    <Locked thread>
    <Locked thread>
    <Locked thread>

again...

Good game devs, really. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :D
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I don't believe PWI ever declared it was out of beta. It's still in open beta. Probably forever.

Wow o.O. Well that's just not right b:shocked. Either way, it's PWE's main game - the bread and butter of their company. I don't enjoy a GM poppin' in the forums sayin' that they are fixing bugs as fast as they can when it's obviously either a lie, or they really are that slow.
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It really is a problem that the messages can be viewed in every chat window. That isn't have it should be.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1. at the VERY VERY least you caould have excluded the colors of faction, squad, and friend chat.
    2. i personally do not have the time nor patience to ticket every single offensive chat to prove the point. i will simply not let my kids nor their friends play PWI. already changed the passes on my kids accounts and am looking for a new game for them.
    3. although i dont see a poll, i bet it would be a good 95%+ that are not in favour of this feature.
    4. can someone, anyone tell me the thought process that went behind developing this feature? maybe it was an innocent idea gone terribly wrong.

currently on LC there are several people swearing, using racist remarks, and sexually innappropriate comments. yesterday i could have turned off world chat IJS. if there isnt a filter set up soon, i will quit logging on.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I totally support this!! I mean its just a few messages from xx people (edit: which you can't avoid reading)....whats wrong with that.... its an ingame function..b:chuckle

I support that idea aswell .. someone uses a horn .. everyone pm them. Since having their chat interupted by useless spam is fine so they wont mind b:victory
  • Janna - Dreamweaver
    Janna - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would like to turn "horns messages" off specially from whisper, squad and faction chat b:cry
  • Silmarill - Heavens Tear
    Silmarill - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    im playing this game over the year now with spme pause between..i think all we agree with me this was great game at start and even now is with all this hypers packs or whatever,i play this game with no bh with no hyper when i grind every lvl almoust 80% and still like it alot but not be able to comunicate in fac or sq chat with no spam thats just cross the line gm..i have nothing against wc but i meet many friends here and when im in chat with them i dont want spam from others and im sure alot of ppl think same as me..
  • LegoverLass - Heavens Tear
    LegoverLass - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    add a filter to this plz, or i will be looking elsewhere for my online entertainment .. forsaken opens soon .. hummm
  • Jynxxxed - Heavens Tear
    Jynxxxed - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1 word = FILTER b:shutup

Sooner than later would be much appreciated too b:cute
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    IF.....very big if here, since this is an utterly unnecessary item, if the horn has to stay, there is only one way that any of us can play PWI and stay sane: give us a way to shut it off if we choose.

Otherwise, PWD better get used to the idea that their players are going to jump ship for any game other than PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Arilye - Sanctuary
    Arilye - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hate the horn.
    Mostly because I can't shut it off.
    please make it filterable ): I mentally rage every time someone uses it to spam those weird fish emotes into the middle of my convos.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My head actually hurts fomr the colors... and the spamming. I am trying to have a conversation in squad chat... with my party right now... I am on my clericin BH.. and oh yeah I didn't see the Wiz type "I GOT AGGROO" Because of the horn spam.. and guess what? .... He died.. then the Veno died... then I died..

Thanks PWI, thanks. I'd like a refund on my EXP. No more money from me. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you Gm's relize this item is full of ****, you pull out the exscuse that they r new, IT DOESNT MATTER, wen i go to my faction chat wat do you think i wanna see, random **** that is coming from complete strangers, NO WAY, i wanna talk with my friends who r actually part of my faction, most of WC is half drama, so your basicaly forcing everyone having to watch this drama, i cant even tell whether im geting pm's or not anymore. Y couldnt u not be dicks and just make them a new smiley set, or maybe a chance to turn it off, EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE TURNED OFF Y CANT THIS. you dont even know how crazy this is making everyone. Sure it might still calm down but i still dont wanna see drama from strangers, and i dont want to see stuff from people who r not in my faction wen im in my faction chat. I mean, do we even hav a faction chat anymore, it is like a r-tarded chatroom now

Sry im so mad but this is pissing me off, pls fixb:angry
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Strangely,on Dreamweaver it hasn't seemed too bad... it's been occasional, with the few short bursts of "xxx to xxx" every hour or so, but other than that, I think the fact that everyone has a grasp of how annoying it is actually keeps it down.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vlastik - Heavens Tear
    Vlastik - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Perfect Horn = SPAM
    Please remove it or add "SPAM filter".
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't like it,but at least allow us to block it from squad chat, faction chat and so on.. please!!!!!!?
  • Guera - Heavens Tear
    Guera - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As I stated previously, my husband, nephew, brother in law and i spend money on this game. My husband and nephew's birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting them PW cards. I am seriously reconsidering this. How can we play happily with all the bull that's going on and can't turn off?
    "Long ago this world was peaceful. There were no wars...there were no...fools!" --Duke Blacke
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Want Feedback

Trying to read Faction chat

Untitleduioj.jpg

Get it sorted not next week or the week after ASAP
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I thought that before (when people utilized the funky in game code to make chat colors), red wasn't allowed to be used (due to being GM/Server). Yet with horns, red is quite a common color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karmay - Sanctuary
    Karmay - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    badchate.png

Just thought I'd share with you the mindless drivel I'm now forced to read in squad/faction chat (blacklist went from empty to full in 1 day). Thanks!!!
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Strangely,on Dreamweaver it hasn't seemed too bad... it's been occasional, with the few short bursts of "xxx to xxx" every hour or so, but other than that, I think the fact that everyone has a grasp of how annoying it is actually keeps it down.

On Raging Tides horn and world chat is spammed mainly by 2 factions, not sure about other servers but i guess they prob get the same problem.

A filter is needed, but wether we get one is another matter, sales of horn wont stop cos its making cash for pwi at the moment
  • Xalvadora - Heavens Tear
    Xalvadora - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I will add in my 2 cents.

I think either these horns should be able to be muted, or simply removed.

Too many people abuse this feature. I can't keep adding people to my blacklist anymore. Also, it used to be bannable when you changed colors in chat. Suddenly that is ok? But not just ok, not muteable?

I believe there are two easy courses of action, one of which needs to be made.

1. Be able to mute them.
    2. Get rid of them.

I love this game, and the horns really are so annoying that it's making me want to leave. I know I'm not alone in this, because almost everyone I talk to hates them.

I won't be one of those people to freak out over it, but I will admit it is ruining my experience in PWI.

Good luck with this one GMs, I know the chat about this is getting excessive.
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I personally think they should mod the perfect horn so everyone on every server can see it. Also, the words should scroll across the screen along with a giant middle finger.

Seriously tho, wtf were you guys thinking? b:surrender
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is Madness!!
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hornn.jpg
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I personally think they should mod the perfect horn so everyone on every server can see it. Also, the words should scroll across the screen along with a giant middle finger.

Seriously tho, wtf were you guys thinking? b:surrender

lmao!!

make the horns like a news ticker at the bottom of the screen b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taverol
    taverol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Filter this garbage now. My chat is filled with intrusive comments about gayness and who should have sexual relations with who and really I'm not putting up with a game that forces this nonsense on me.
  • samsonsimpson
    samsonsimpson Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok Gms/Devs whoever: toggling off Hornchat view is a 4 byte patch. Seriously. I'm not posting the method since FIXING YOUR GAME violates the TOS, which I just read - in essence, I can't even use the fix I've developed without breaking the rules.

I can't see what squad members are saying since high school got out today and the idiots have flooded in.

I counted 30 messages. 27/30 were annoying spam. One was a "Hey look, I just discovered the horn!". Only two were legitimate sales/party seeking.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Edited due to language displayed in the screenshot - Aryannamage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
This discussion has been closed.