New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The horn stuff is so annoying for me so I have stopped playing the game.
    I only do MQ and WQ until there is a way to filter them out from squad chat!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    Cels - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Also, I guarantee that if this is left the way it is for long, a lot of people will just ragequit from being unable to talk to people without spam interrupting them.

Already seen three people quit completely on Sanctuary due to them. If they aren't filtered off the other chats, that number is just gonna grow.

So, PWI, what do you want more? an extra five cents for a new type of tele? Or players who would buy gold from you? Cause the loss of players equals a loss in profits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm with the majority of people on this one. I do not want to see people's random messages in my faction, squad, or whisper chats. These are private chats, like Kephras said. If I wanted to read people's recruits, looking for parties, or WTB/WTS, I'd leave common chat on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Plz make us able to filter out the new horn ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think the higher ups in PW, just wanted to make a profit on people wanting to change colors on World Chat, I know someone does it and says funny things like "You have successfully used your exp to level your genie", and they will say it so it will show up green and people would freak out thinking it was in squad chat.

Anyway that's why I think that they made the perfect horns, because people still use Tele's..they either buy them, or buy packs to get tokens, or buy them from other players. And it sucks if you buy it just for the smilies because from what I see you cant use them just in faction chat, still has to be in the Horn chat area...which is everywhere.

But yeah.its annoying...I hope they have a filter by TW time because I don't want to see massive drama on WC and not be able to filter it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • ireseflamewielder
    ireseflamewielder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ever since I started this game, I had no problems with world chat, Sometimes I turn it on to see what's going on or when looking for something interesting. No problems at all with that.

However without a filter for the horn chat. I can't properly concentrate on the squad without seeing a fish or a comment every 5 sec.

I realise the fact that it's a new thing and players are happy and want to try it.

The best solution to this is very simple, add a filter.

My 2 cents. :-)
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    along with a filter, I think certain colors should be excluded from it.. I mean the pink for example makes me think I'm getting a whisper as opposed to it being a horn chat..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • whiplashsmile
    whiplashsmile Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    on Sanctuary, certain person with the letter W and Z in the name is now spamming my fac chat, b:angry
    sollution = emergency inspection, get this gone, while u still have customers,
  • RaininFire - Sanctuary
    RaininFire - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ahhhhh "world" chat.....I wont say what I thought the "W" stood for b:chuckle

point is I dont care what they ramble on about ...... I can turn it off
    please sort it out so this multi coloured nonsense is added to the correct filter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm....I say fight fire with fire.

If everyone is getting annoyed with these chats. We should all just whisper the horn abusers...then hit enter>press up arrow>enter>...over and over and over...b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ambroshus - Heavens Tear
    Ambroshus - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The general theory of Horn makes complete and utter sense; if you need to spread a message or sale/buy across all channels to attract a specific set of buyers/sellers etc, then yes do go ahead [no spam tho <_<] but come on... it does have it's limits. So far it's been pretty funny to watch, hasn't "really" bothered me all that much, although... I can sense the wave of immature lunatic fringe approaching as schools inch towards releasing the floods. O.o' Then it'll be super freaking annoying in Faction/Squad/Whisper/Trade channels. That aside I do see why PWE invented the device, as before mentioned - to reach all channels for specific/important reasons. WE'll see over time hopefully people will realize exactly the use of the Horn for it's main goal and intention. Or... the nutjobs will never cease their excitement and joy at being obnoxious. And we'll have to laugh it off. Sad to see/hear about great players leaving due to PWE's interesting devices and installments. We'll see, we'll see... b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I totally agree with this.

And I find it fascinating that the GMs are suddenly able to do their jobs *here*, but are completely unable to be available ingame, moderating the filth as once they did.

When I started playing this game, there used to be a piechart that showed what TOS infractions would get what what punishments/bans. Guess that got taken out of the Support area when PWD found it scared off potential customers. Wish i had a screencap of it, and i would post it, to show that once this game did have a moral standard, rather than being ruled by the almighty dollar

zazazu wrote: »
    One message a week from one of these perfect horns is too many for me. I chose this game specifically because I could go into a chat filter that didn't include other people. Let's face it...the majority of players who post to world chat are either selling something (fine, but I'm not interested) or posting some sort of immature drivel. I don't need that in my life.

It's bad enough that I can't block whispers from non-friends (I've gotten quite a bit of nastiness thrown my way simply because someone was feeling feisty and I happened to walk by) and that I can't auto-deny party requests from non-friends. Now I have to put up with random kids posting about poo and how much they want to cut themselves?

No thank you. I'm waiting a week and watching the forums to see if this feature will be able to be filtered out. After that, I'm gone. Sounds like I won't be alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    The general theory of Horn makes complete and utter sense; if you need to spread a message or sale/buy across all channels to attract a specific set of buyers/sellers etc, then yes do go ahead [no spam tho <_<] but come on... it does have it's limits. So far it's been pretty funny to watch, hasn't "really" bothered me all that much, although... I can sense the wave of immature lunatic fringe approaching as schools inch towards releasing the floods. O.o' Then it'll be super freaking annoying in Faction/Squad/Whisper/Trade channels. That aside I do see why PWE invented the device, as before mentioned - to reach all channels for specific/important reasons. WE'll see over time hopefully people will realize exactly the use of the Horn for it's main goal and intention. Or... the nutjobs will never cease their excitement and joy at being obnoxious. And we'll have to laugh it off. Sad to see/hear about great players leaving due to PWE's interesting devices and installments. We'll see, we'll see... b:bye

I wouldn't call this an 'interesting devices and installments' A general rule of thumb in online games is that if there is a feature, and no penalty to use it, people WILL abuse it, which is what is happening now.

There have been people spamming WC since it's inception, and as soon as people start buying more of these horns, there will no longer be a way to avoid this. Makes gameplay in a game where cooperation and teamwork are vital very difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fingolin
    fingolin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    horn is stupid thing i ever see..i dont want to see any other chat in my fac chat or sq chat so its really really bad thing and if you look on ht server you will see ppl dont like it...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, so...

Creating threads about the perfect horn is spam.
    And that's an offence.

Spam is an offence? Cool.

I think I'll ticket every single perfect horn use. And I suggest everyone else does too.

Edit: Come on guys, you surely remember the complaints when you introduced the blank window no one wanted? SURELY you could see what would come of introducing it with spam in?

Although I must admit, the rate they're coming in at has slacked off greatly.
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    just another way or those that can get them to spam, and we cant turn the damn things off well done pwi, money first gamers second again
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Firstly, why is another world chat option needed? Are there not more important things to do then make a horn chat?

Secondly, people go to squad and faction chat to get away from the tards using world chat yet we can with horns so faction chat, squad chat are now getting filled up with dicks using them for stupid reasons.

Thirdly, we should be able to choose if we wanted to listen to the **** on horn chat or not, yet once again we dont get a say and instead have to put up with it.

Fourthly, Why the hell is there a limit to the damn blacklist?

Lastly, remind me why this was even needed?

Kill the horns and sort some bugs out like RB instead, it wont bring you in as much money but i guarantee people will be singing your praises rather then saying how fail yet another idea is.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Tarind - Sanctuary
    Tarind - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I posted this last night when Maintenance was complete and I got in game.

Ok, the Horns have got to go. I don't have World Chat on because of some of the morons there. Now you've given them a new medium to annoy me and others by being seen in Faction & Squad chat.

Better get with the Devs in China so they can get you a patch fast to be able to filter it out.
    I'll take an extra night of Maintenance just to be able to see the chats I choose to see again.

PS: FoxRunning, can I have your spam banner in my siggy too? That's says it all.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Frank, with all due respect
    I don't care if it pops up once an hour, I don't care if it pops up once a day, I don't care if it pops up once a week, I don't care if it pops up once a month and I don't care if it pops up once a year.

The fact that I can't get rid of it is pathetic. Why the hell would you give us several chats if you will then give the people something to completely bypass that and just spam every possible chat?
    And no, it won't settle "down". You were merely not on during the "rush hours".
    Imagine after TW, before TW, during TW biddings. After an event, during an event. All that kind of **** which I and hundreds of other players do not give a **** about, now will have to either shut off the game or bear with the dozens of "Horn chat" users.

This is a very simple matter and has a very simple solution. Do not make it bypass the chat "filters". If I click on the "Squad ONLY" tab, I want to read my squad's chat ONLY.
    I mean seriously, did no one in the office in Bejing or honphoeychanchan or wherever the main plans are written up, just stand up and go:
    "Hm, Bob. Doesn't this idea kind of suck major donkey balls?"

You should've seen it when it was right before people went to school (American timezone) and you should see how it's going to get on weekends.
    And knowing the people that decide on sales, guess what?
    "Due to popular demand, Super Horns are now on sale!"

So yeah, do you just want to "hear" our opinions? 'cause obviously after the 20+ topics and the countless people complaining in game about them. If you STILL need to know what "most" of us think about it. Well, lets just stop right here before I say something that'll get me banned :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Heavens Tear -> Spam is increasing rapidly at the moment,and it isnt even server primetime yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaninpulver - Dreamweaver
    Kaninpulver - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I say filter it, it's very annoying. I will now reduce my playing until they filter it b:angry

Kanin
  • Ghede - Harshlands
    Ghede - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    . . .

*thumbs down*
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't get why we have to see random people's multi color spam and not have the option to turn it off while we are trying to read squad chat or guild chat or if we just want peace -.- There are many other ways to make money without bothering other players so much.
  • samsonsimpson
    samsonsimpson Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can I code up something to filter this drivel out clientside, or does that violate the TOS? Please don't ban me, I'm just asking since it would be so trivial to implement. I'll submit it as a patch if you'd like... Please?
  • renas13
    renas13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think the people who brought out this feature forgot that while we do have freedom of speach we ALSO have freedom of silience! I say we should have the ability to at the very least filter out the childish garbage peopel post with these tools. This new "toy" is disruptive to squad chat which can lead to failing missions, adn needless deaths of squad members. If you ask me, it's just silly to force us to read all that rubbish. I think PWI will lose many players if they don't at least let us filter it out.
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't get why we have to see random people's multi color spam and not have the option to turn it off while we are trying to read squad chat or guild chat or if we just want peace -.- There are many other ways to make money without bothering other players so much.

lol u said it, its all about the money
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Note that people who have not previously posted on the forums are posting here to show there oppinion on this matter. For one I will continue to stick around here until I hear some kind of response.

Emergency mainterance would be justified in cases like this. Ficure something out: Lock them until the filter comes in or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's interesting how people state that it won't be as big as a problem once the hype dies down. This is a terrible argument because:

-Horns accomplish nearly the same purpose of what teleacoustics do
    -Teleacoustics have been available for nearly 2 years
    -There are no trends that shows any decreasing usage of teleacoustics
    -The option of choosing colored text and the universal audience of the horns justifies the extra cost of the horns

There are also two widespread reasons for using teleacoustics/horns. One is to merchant, the other is to gain attention. Seeing those two reasons, it is perfectly reasonable for both groups to use perfect horns over teleacoustics for the primary purpose of reaching a wider audience. Honestly, I don't see the usage of horns going down as predicted by those who are labeling current usage of perfect horns as a "hype."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    lol u said it, its all about the money

Which they're going to lose in the long run if these keeps disrupting people's experience playing.

Don't see a lot of long-term planning here in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YAY GUYS!
    WE GET NEW TELES!
    WHY?

so we can watch world chat drama, PWI Prostitution, endless QQ-ers, flamers, relentless salespeople, immature filthy-mouthed perverted five year olds, and nonstop faction advertisements in MULTIPLE COLORS!

OH, and did i leave out the part about how you CAN'T GET RID OF THEM!?
    **** adding a filter, ditch the whole friggin horn. As other people have said, when people write in blue, green, or pink or whatever they get the chat mixed up with other whispers or squad chat, etc etc.

Now Please, tell me if what i have just said is not reason enough to destroy the horn, much less at least add a filter?
This discussion has been closed.