New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You just gave ppl "Gm Chat" ? And now you say that ppl will "probably" down with the perfect horn when everyone get a chance to use? When I'm doing tt, fbs or whenever I don't feel in the mood to answer or waste my time passing down the chat I do block the kind of chat from my window, 99% of my time I use general chat blocked because I don't want 1000000 msgs of ppl "let me join your pt, we're doing the same quest" and now I have to watch and lose my track with that blood damned p.horn? World chat already is a pain in the ****, ppl chatting "congratulations, my granny got lvl 100 today!".
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Any offending chat you find guys send a ticket, report them. It will be dealt with then.

That's a good idea in theory, and I've done it before, but it's just not practical on a large scale. You need to fill out the entire form, convert all your screenshots to JPEG manually (why can't the game save in a format that's useful to support?), and then last time I did it, it was over a week later when I finally got a reply that it had been handled.

In the meantime, my blacklist was already full from regular world chat. I really can't take the time to report every abuse. I'd never get a chance to actually play the game.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can you people please keep posting horn messages that make you angry? It's very amusing to me!!! b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    squad help/requests = ok
    faction recruting = bad
    drama = offensive

these need to be watched very much more closely than world chat is. and mutes or bans handed out for offensive content or general spam just meant to annoy people.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    Even if the hype will go down, I don't want to see messages in my faction / squad chat that isn't from my faction / squad. Even if it was only ONE message / WEEK, I DO NOT want to read messages that do not belong there AT ALL! Why am I forced to read these messages?! No no no no no and no! There will be ALWAYS players who buy horns just to annoy the hell out of people. 99% of these messages are spam. I would maybe understand if they tried to sell an in-game item or look for a squad, but I see stuff like this: "YAY A NEW WAY TO WASTE MONEY!" "LALALALALALALA" "YOU ARE ALL NOOBZ LOLZ" and so on. Seriously, put it in common chat, I don't care. Horns should be a good way to "highlight" messages and get more attention besides world chat. But don't force me to read it while I try to talk to my friends. I can't even see what they write! PLEASE. Pretty please. I beg of you. Thank you very much for reading and understanding.
    ~N. from Sanctuary.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personally, I think it should be able to be used by those who have a high rank in a faction, mostly to be used for group/recruitment related purposes. It should also be restricted to be used only a certain amount of times per day.... or perhaps once per hour. That way, in a sense, it's less likely to be spammed by everyone, unless they attempt to go and buy a faction, which not everyone who wants to grind/ trade gold -just- for 100k, just so they can do that. If they wanna chat on WC, they can use teles.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitress - Dreamweaver
    Kitress - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok here from my original thread in suggestions ...

Allow this to be filtered off... World Chat can be annoying as it is the last thing I want is spam I can't filter off >.>

why move the topic to lower depths from "Suggestions" makes no sense but obviously plenty feel it's a good suggestion. All in all it's a useless addition in my opinion and if their going to be able to speak without a toggle up the price to atleast a gold or something so it's not as affordable for the constant spam of buy / sell / fac recruit etc thats going to be heavily abused with it. Other option is on / off or just modify normal worldchat as it is to have the colors and smilies and just keep horns price.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personally, I think it should be able to be used by those who have a high rank in a faction, mostly to be used for recruitment purposes.

Anyone can be the leader of a faction for 100k. Anyone can make an infinite number of alts who are the leaders of factions. Good idea in theory, but in practice, no.
    why move the topic to lower depths from "Suggestions" makes no sense but obviously plenty feel it's a good suggestion.

It's ironic, isn't it? We can't filter Perfect Horn messages, but the moderators are merging threads, moving threads, etc. all in the name of keeping the forums clean and eliminating spam. :D

I wonder why they don't just let things go -- I'm thinking that Horn complaints will decrease a bit once everyone gets his chance to try the new item, but we'll see.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make it have a 1 hour cooldown...or something.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i dont see why if the sales of teleacoustics were dropping they didnt just remove em from the pwi agent.. that would have made more cost effective sense than adding a whole new level of chat. remove the ability to make em from tokens - tele sales go up.. it aint rocket science just simple supply and demand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Anyone can be the leader of a faction for 100k. Anyone can make an infinite number of alts who are the leaders of factions. Good idea in theory, but in practice, no.

It's ironic, isn't it? We can't filter Perfect Horn messages, but the moderators are merging threads, moving threads, etc. all in the name of keeping the forums clean and eliminating spam. :D
    you missed my edit. I realised what I had said was rather bad in hindsight.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    frankie, please pass along the following message to the devs for me.

STOP PUTTING OUT BOUTIQUE SALES OF ANY KIND AND FOCUS ON FIXING *ALL* THE REPORTED BUGS AND GLITCHES IN THE GAME, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY! And while you're at it, remove the useless "perfect horn" feature that NOBODY asked for in the first place!

Thank you.

But as for the topic itself, until this is fixed where we can filter it off (if ever), I'll only be logging on to do my crazy stone daily and that's it. And no more prepaid zen cards for me either.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    frankie, please pass along the following message to the devs for me.

STOP PUTTING OUT BOUTIQUE SALES OF ANY KIND AND FOCUS ON FIXING *ALL* THE REPORTED BUGS AND GLITCHES IN THE GAME, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY! And while you're at it, remove the useless "perfect horn" feature that NOBODY asked for in the first place!

Thank you.

But as for the topic itself, until this is fixed where we can filter it off (if ever), I'll only be logging on to do my crazy stone daily and that's it. And no more prepaid zen cards for me either.

Rainbow, there were numerous bug fixes in this most recent patch, and we fix things as quickly as we can.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Once upon-a-time, there was a queen who cared about the peasants. Day after day she would get complaints about the quality of life for them and that she wouldn't listen or understand. So one day she took off to try to experience it herself first-hand.

She bought the largest and best house in the village, brought some of her own worst clothes, some sheep and cattle, a horse to ride on and a few of her servants and maids with her. She spent a couple of days there in the height of the summer where the weather was at it's finest.

When she returned, she asked "That wasn't so bad, what's all the fuss about?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One word: NO. Unless PW wants to lose half of their playerbase. Me, my sister and the active players in my faction are already planning to leave the game and try a new one where we can talk to each other without having to read spam. We love this game, we spent real money on this game, but this is just unbearable. US people are not online yet, but when they get on, little kids with mommy's credit card gonna buy hundreds of horns and we won't be able to read anything but spam. Stop it before it's too late. It's so obvious that grown-up, mature players hate this cr@p and this will make valuable players quit this game and nothing will remain only spam. The game will be renamed to PERFECT SPAM. Because these messages are all SPAM. Nothing useful. Let us turn it off or put it in normal chat like WC. Thanks!
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think that the way that this p.trash.horn is, it's the same way that everyone that posted here started to post every single msg that they see in game. This thread is not supposed to post every msg that you watch there in the same way that my squad chat isn't supposed to have msg that are not from GM, Server Announcement, whiseprs (since I can't block) or my squad msgs. I don't care if somebody guild is looking for lvl20+ players of if someone need help with bh79 or even if somebody got lvl 100.

Delay time? Wtf? If 80ppls use that item @ the same time it will be 80different msgs and will be annoying, they'll be 5min in delay and more 80ppl will do the same thing... but the server is around 5k ppl isn't?
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On a personal note:
    frankie, it's not the content of the messages that gets me. It's the fact that they show up in SQUAD, FACTION, and WHISPER.
    These are private channels, reserved for the various groups of people I choose to associate with.
    If I want to read what the general public has to say, that's what common chat and the World Chat channel are for.

100% agree

And for those people saying " filtering will remove the point of them " no it will not. They will still be used by those seeking attention in WC.

Its a big fail by PWI to FORCE others to read other people spam, bad language and immature jokes.
    The GM's dont seem to monitor or enforce WC language so why should everyone else who chooses to escape it be forced to listen to it.

Edit: Thread finally been unhidden
  • zazazu
    zazazu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One message a week from one of these perfect horns is too many for me. I chose this game specifically because I could go into a chat filter that didn't include other people. Let's face it...the majority of players who post to world chat are either selling something (fine, but I'm not interested) or posting some sort of immature drivel. I don't need that in my life.

It's bad enough that I can't block whispers from non-friends (I've gotten quite a bit of nastiness thrown my way simply because someone was feeling feisty and I happened to walk by) and that I can't auto-deny party requests from non-friends. Now I have to put up with random kids posting about poo and how much they want to cut themselves?

No thank you. I'm waiting a week and watching the forums to see if this feature will be able to be filtered out. After that, I'm gone. Sounds like I won't be alone.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To: Any PWI staff taking care of this situation,

I am going to be nice and frank on this post and hope you'll at least take a few moments to step into my shoes...

At first, I thought all these horns would do is to add colors and a different smiley to the world chat. I thought, ok, cool... now we're able to at least have fun with teles for just a couple more silver until I saw it for myself after patch update...

I honestly don't see the need to add perfect horns besides an emergency type situation, like say in a situation here: Faction is going on some meeting, member has faction chat turned off. In this type of situation, then yeah, horns would be nice.

We already have a trade channel to post trades, world chat where people already abuse it so much that inappropriate content was being posted, so I don't see how Perfect Horns makes our gaming any more less irritable.

We already have so many chat interfaces to work our communication around the game. I myself like the silence and uninterrupted squad chat. Don't get me wrong, I do turn on world chat occasionally, but I keep it off most of the times because I don't like to read people repeat "WTS _________ pm me price" in world chat while I'm having a conversation with someone else.

Think about it, how would you like it if someone interrupts your phone calls, or maybe someone who doesn't work with PWE, walks in during your meetings and talk about other things? Not very funny at all, or is it... b:sweating No matter how small or how seldom people write using Horn Chat, it still interrupts us while we have our reasons to not be interrupted! Like everyone else had already pleaded, I'd like to have the ability to turn off this chat feature, or at least make another chat box and let people minimize it like the general box. I believe that you'll end up having a lot more happy people playing PWI by doing this favor for us!

Also, I am concerned about the use of colors. When color chatting was not a bannable offense before 4-6-2010 patch, I am already annoyed by them, making me think cyan is faction chat and to my misery I post in faction chat and end up looking stupid. Last night when I started playing, I see pink and blue chats, making me think my friends or a stranger had PMed me that I almost PMed them back! If you want to allow colors, can you please disable or remove the colors that currently exist in other chats? I would also like to point out... I've set my chat box to the darkest shade so I can read the channels more legibly. Having black colored text put up in horn chat is like having you read what I'm trying to type here. b:cry

Altogether, I hope you'd at least take my concerns into heart. I rather have something more effective to the game introduced like maybe a horn to buzz or alarm people in squads before starting a boss fight to see if everyone is present, or even use that feature to call people on their friend's list. (like the friend chat, it makes two beeps when you get a new chat session)

Thanks for reading, now may I have my shoes back? b:chuckle

-Pchan
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this idea fails.. not because for the language used but because of the MASSIVE amounts of spam.

please get rid of it
  • whiplashsmile
    whiplashsmile Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    just want to say, that for 12 months we have been able to decide on what chat we have in Faction, now asking a new member to tone it down is pointless, thanks guys - you have made the decision that we should watch all the ****? every little imature rant we have to sit through, watch it scrole through fac chat ??
    GMs not aiming this at u, but please pass it back up the line, uncesored chat landing in fac isnt acceptable, never will be, needs sorting before anymore quit, personaly I will log back after next inspection, if its still there........nough saidb:bye
  • Guera - Heavens Tear
    Guera - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I totally agree with ugysekell, my husband, nephew, brother in law and myself have spend money on this game and believe me, this is the first time that my husband has agreed to spend money for a game, now with the horns in i'm thinking about quiting and we won't be spending money anytime soon. You say that it might die down, but if you look at the world chat, there is still A LOT of spam going on and i don't see the horn chat dying anytime soon. Please fix this otherwise i will feel forced to quit the game. I really don't want to quit, but I would rather not play then to see all the useless spam that we are unable to filter. P.S. I've tried blacklisting all the people that spam, but i've spent more time blacklisting than actually playing, so that's a pain in the butt.
    "Long ago this world was peaceful. There were no wars...there were no...fools!" --Duke Blacke
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My current feeling about the matter is extreme annoyance. I like this game in general, but if these are still unfilterable next week, my time spent on this game will be dropping very, very quickly. It is a poor idea in general, unless it's just limited to being an extension of world chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rainbow, there were numerous bug fixes in this most recent patch, and we fix things as quickly as we can.

Then fix some skill overrides that aren't working for clerics....that's a little bit more important for me in delta then this perfect horn aka tele v2.0. You've had numerous things reported for months and months that should have been fixed right away because they drastically effect game play but still they are not fixed.

- Cleric magic buff and one other buff not overriding so it goes out before the others
    - Being able to PK people passing through the cube (even if blue named) to get to arch

there are more, but i felt the need to point to those two.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    in my opinion (emphasis at "MY") theyre not bad rlly, 1 every minute on sanc right now

you cant block them, but whats bad on them apart from the part that they cannot be blocked, not like (IN SANCT) theres massive amounts of spam from them, (plz correct next sentence if wrong no idea of gold prices right now) about 35-40k per message is a jump from the 10k teles just for some colors annd that makes them rare.

anyway, just voicing my opinion, dont see anything bad with a change every now and when in chat
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    like Faction chat and Squad chat.. there should be an area spicafically for Perfect Horn chat.. that way you get best of both worlds... the people who are pansyes and cant stand someing saying the F world dont have to go to that channel... just like when u can filter only faction chat.
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    Cels - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you have to have the horn, Get it off my non-general chats! It makes it horrible when talking in faction, and there is no escaping the spammers :(

Until they remove the all-chat board feature, this player is boycotting zen purchases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As suggested previously by frankie (i think) I have raised a ticket (and got a response) see below:

At moment we can choose which text to see or not in the various Common, Squad, Faction, Trade and Whisper windows, however the Perfect Horn cannot be filtered and is extremely disrupting to gameplay as it is hard to explain for example how to kill a boss when random text about performing sexual acts on each keeps appearing from the same people who used to spam Teleacoustics with the same messages but at least these could be filtered out via the chat options.

Please implement the ability to filter out Perfect Horn messages. I have yet to see one that was useful, informative or even remotely witty - there is only so many times you can read "OMG these are great" a day

I got a reply back (probably just the autoresponse but what the hell.. lets respond)...

We have taken your suggestion into consideration. Thanks for sending an email. We appreciate all the feedback! If you have any additional ideas for the new chat system, please reply back. We will also accept .jpeg screenshots of your ideas too.

So i attached the following:

In order to correct this I would suggest adding a new filter option into the System Option > Game tab where we can currently manage which text type appears in what window.

I have attached a screenshot showing the new "Horn" line between World and Faction chat tick boxes on the right. I would suggest that to keep it in line with Teleacoustics the Horn should be permanent to common chat but should be filterable on all the rest.

2010-04-0719-59-10_newfilter.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thanks for making me not play today because of those stupid horns. i got spammed and couldnt even play. make it available to cancel it.. THIS IS THE MOST STUPID IDEA OF PWI TO BRING THIS HERE. And trust me its worst that anniversary packs. i cant even read message people whispered me now, too much spam ftl

so stop that thing ( and i didnt want to say thing here)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    Cels - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please, get rid of the all-chat board feature on the horns. I don't want to get the messages when I'm in faction or squad chat. PWI, you have failed :(

Until the horns are limited to the general chat, this player is boycotting zen purchase. And I urge all other players who are pissed about not being able to play in peace join in. Nothing is a faster motivator for change than loss of profits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.