New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• AbbyDabby - Sanctuary
    AbbyDabby - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm so glad you asked our opinion. I only hope that you take these opinions seriously.

Out of all the annoying things that PWI has done, this tops them all. If I wanted to read the dribble that is a constant in world chat, I would not have world chat filtered off all my chats.

You can only minimize the chat screen so much-then if you want to see what your faction or squad has said you have to scroll up - that or have your full chat screen filled with **** non-stop. I can only imagine what a nightmare this will cause inside hard instances. Whoever thought this one up, please pull your head out and find something else to do.

If in the future you decide to add another feature to the game, how about asking opinions before you introduce it. You would possibly get some insight into what the overall impact might be before causing problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YAY GUYS!
    WE GET NEW TELES!
    WHY?

so we can watch world chat drama, PWI Prostitution, endless QQ-ers, flamers, relentless salespeople, immature filthy-mouthed perverted five year olds, and nonstop faction advertisements in MULTIPLE COLORS!

OH, and did i leave out the part about how you CAN'T GET RID OF THEM!?
    **** adding a filter, ditch the whole friggin horn. As other people have said, when people write in blue, green, or pink or whatever they get the chat mixed up with other whispers or squad chat, etc etc.

Now Please, tell me if what i have just said is not reason enough to destroy the horn, much less at least add a filter?

Could not have agreed with you more. >_>
  • Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear
    Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was in squad after maintenance and half the time my squad channel was filled with horn talk. So probably for the millionth time, please let us filter horn chatter.

For something positive, I do like the colors and the smileys.
    Characters:
    -Faction- RedWave

Tala_IaRooga (76) Venomancer (retired) -Marshal-

Andros_Ry (62) Blademaster -Director-

Ajaa (73) Assassin -Leader-

Arael_Mae (23) Cleric -Marshal-
  • Jetblaze - Heavens Tear
    Jetblaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What i don't like is how rudely people act towards horn users come people you don't have to disrespect someone for using one.i can understand if they said something negative or if they spam but if they don't then don't spam them with hateful messages. Like earlier today for example i wanted to try one out sent the message "yay purple text" and was spamed with rude unesseary comments. I didn't do anything wrong nor do some of the other horn users and we don't deserve to be treated that way.
    b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    pity we cant block full factions would only take about 2 blocks and all the horn and wc spam would stop on my server b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What i don't like is how rudely people act towards horn users come people you don't have to disrespect someone for using one.i can understand if they said something negative or if they spam but if they don't then don't spam them with hateful messages. Like earlier today for example i wanted to try one out sent the message "yay purple text" and was spamed with rude unesseary comments. I didn't do anything wrong nor do some of the other horn users and we don't deserve to be treated that way.

Because you spammed for no reason and they spammed back (with reason) and now you are upset....ROFL
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010

LOL i do feel sry for u hahb:laugh
  • m1ssallsunday
    m1ssallsunday Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The problem here is not what colour you choose to write in, the problem is YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE TO READ IT OR NOT! You can't talk with your fac mates, you can't talk with your squad mates because ppl wont stop spamming the stupid horns.
    edited April 2010
    Because you spammed for no reason and they spammed back (with reason) and now you are upset....ROFL

Since when was sending on short message called spamming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tarind - Sanctuary
    Tarind - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Could it be that you used it to send out useless drivel, instead of something that might be of interest? Get used to people hating on you for using them, as you are annoying their chats.
  • fingolin
    fingolin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol jh nice one
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010

What about if 100ppl send 1 short msg @ the same time?
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Could it be that you used it to send out useless drivel, instead of something that might be of interest? Get used to people hating on you for using them, as you are annoying their chats.

There is the perfect explanation :).
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
    edited April 2010
    What about if 100ppl send 1 short msg @ the same time?

b:victoryb:bye
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Technicaly spam is:

Short
    Pointless
    Annoying
    And thats what they got world chat for.

See below for another SPAM definition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    1 something of interest u will never find that with WC or the Horn chat.
    2 im not going to get used to something that shouldnt be happening.
    3 sending one message isnt going to ruin a chat u dont have to read it its not like someone is pressing you face against the screen forceing u to read it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Stupid
    Pointless
    Annoying
    Message(s)

I'm pretty sure
    "yay purple text"
    falls within that category.

EDIT:
    And I TOTALLY just copied Rikuza.
    I sware I did not read that before i posted.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rainbow, there were numerous bug fixes in this most recent patch, and we fix things as quickly as we can.

No offense to you Frankie, but I'm gonna put my two cents in here. If your dev. team is fixing bugs as quickly as they can... Either:

A: Your Dev team/dev team in China is so slow in the progress of bug fixes that I honestly wonder how PWI is a game and not in Beta.

B: It's a lie, and your dev. team would rather put out new content to gain more cash, than fix bugs.

Remember - there are bugs in PWI that have been addressed by your team of Mods, GMs, whoever handles the tickets, and supposedly passed down to the development team... AND NOT FIXED. EVER. When people send tickets in to your team/staff, the response back is so broad, that I would have to be braindead to actually take the responses seriously.

Maybe it's a widdle of both eh?

Also, JetBlaze is correct by stating people are using a horn, saying one thing, and getting 20 whispers from people going off on them.
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YAY GUYS!
    WE GET NEW TELES!
    WHY?

so we can watch world chat drama, PWI Prostitution, endless QQ-ers, flamers, relentless salespeople, immature filthy-mouthed perverted five year olds, and nonstop faction advertisements in MULTIPLE COLORS!

OH, and did i leave out the part about how you CAN'T GET RID OF THEM!?
    **** adding a filter, ditch the whole friggin horn. As other people have said, when people write in blue, green, or pink or whatever they get the chat mixed up with other whispers or squad chat, etc etc.

Now Please, tell me if what i have just said is not reason enough to destroy the horn, much less at least add a filter?

I totaly agree. Kill the horn.
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    just been told by mod that i could face ban for spam :(

all i did was create thread, then noticed the moved ones and the main one here. so said sorry in a reply to my thread.

and that it seems is classed as spam my the modsb:sad
    edited April 2010
    1 something of interest u will never find that with WC or the Horn chat.
    2 im not going to get used to something that shouldnt be happening.
    3 sending one message isnt going to ruin a chat u dont have to read it its not like someone is pressing you face against the screen forceing u to read it.

1. That isn't true , sometimes something interesing is on there and most is more interesting then 'Yay Purple Chat'
    2. Tough? People want it gone and spamming flames at every dumbass who uses the things, so get used to it.
    3. We have no choice, the only way to not read peoples pointless messages is to turn away from the monitor. If people are already reading chat like faction chat and you post your stupid message then people are going to be pissed of and flame you, keep the **** to WC so we can all ignore you.

edited April 2010
    Also, JetBlaze is correct by stating people are using a horn, saying one thing, and getting 20 whispers from people going off on them.

I totally support this!! I mean its just a few messages from xx people (edit: which you can't avoid reading)....whats wrong with that.... its an ingame function..b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    1. That isn't true , sometimes something interesing is on there and most is more interesting then 'Yay Purple Chat'
    2. Tough? People want it gone and spamming flames at every dumbass who uses the things, so get used to it.
    3. We have no choice, the only way to not read peoples pointless messages is to turn away from the monitor. If people are already reading chat like faction chat and you post your stupid message then people are going to be pissed of and flame you, keep the **** to WC so we can all ignore you.

ive seen u use horns to so does this also make u a dumbass?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    ive seen u use horns to so does this also make u a dumbass?

I used one to say 'no-one cares' about someone declaring there love for someone else b:cute. As i was already pissed of we previous messages and the fact some genius decided blacklist should have a limit b:surrender.

• Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010

if You Are Displeased With The Horn, submit A Ticket.
    One (1) Will Do (more Will Knock You To The Bottom Of The Queue, And Maybe Written Off As Spam).

This Will Be The Quickest And Most Effective Way To Voice Your Displeasure Where It Matters.

Limiting Your Qq'ing And Complaints To This Thread Alone Will Be As Futile As The Thousand-page Anniv. Pack Threads.

Quote For Truth.
    edited April 2010
    Anyways i am going to use horn so just BL me now i don't care anymore if you hate me as long as i have my friends i am happy. But eventually you *Hate spamers* will need to get used to the Horns and grow up. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anyways i am going to use horn so just BL me now i don't care anymore if you hate me as long as i have my friends i am happy. But eventually you *Hate spamers* will need to get used to the Horns and grow up. b:bye

b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yea, i used a horn like twice and ppl are BLing me, rudely saying **** to me because of it. People just love to overreact. >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No offense to you Frankie, but I'm gonna put my two cents in here. If your dev. team is fixing bugs as quickly as they can... Either:

A: Your Dev team/dev team in China is so slow in the progress of bug fixes that I honestly wonder how PWI is a game and not in Beta.

Actually, I don't believe PWI ever declared it was out of beta. It's still in open beta. Probably forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On a personal note:
    frankie, it's not the content of the messages that gets me. It's the fact that they show up in SQUAD, FACTION, and WHISPER.
    These are private channels, reserved for the various groups of people I choose to associate with. If I want to read what the general public has to say, that's what common chat and the World Chat channel are for.

Adding new emotes, colors, and so forth? Win.
    Making them unfilterable broadband? EPIC FAIL.
    I'm gonna go ahead and +1 this. Sums up my feelings on the matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.