Seraphim's PVE-TW Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thats if they zerk crit. A crit cant kill me, a zerk cant kill me, but a zerk crit def can....

Aren't you a pro little 86 mage b:cool
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Aren't you a pro little 86 mage b:cool

yes and a BrownflameZ fan b:shyb:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • bramir
    bramir Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind when determining how big a hit to damage you take as LA wizzie compared to pure, that most of our useful skills at higher levels use weapon damage from 3-5 times more than magic attack. Certain skills will suffer greatly (dragons breath), but others (sandstorm, divine pyro, glacial spike, mountains seize, etc) will be affected only a little.

A 7% crit rate vs 2% is a huge difference, especially in TW where you hit 10+ people with an AoE. You also have a better chance of getting that AoE off to begin with because of your better survivability, and from a better position.

When you reduce someone's accuracy with sandstorm, it isn't going to matter if your evasion is pitifully low. If your evasion is decent (as for a LA build), people actually miss you even without being debuffed, and they miss a lot after being hit by sandstorm.

I can see the attraction of the pure build, but I like to get hit in PvE and I like to survive once I've been spotted in TW. I do not like having to lay off physical TT and FB mobs because they will 2-shot me if I get agro.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i recently went arcane with 50 vit just to get used to being a squishy. I die really fast but hopefully tt90 will change that.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i recently went arcane with 50 vit just to get used to being a squishy. I die really fast but hopefully tt90 will change that.

ur finally 89. gz

and arcanes are so not squishy pff i got 5k deff with my own buff 8k with cleric and bm buff and not to mention its not so easy to hit me. some1 coming to me i teleport . or sleep . or seal him xD and if he get a hit its not for that much but i guess u will learn this soon enough. looking forward to fighting u again
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ur finally 89. gz

and arcanes are so not squishy pff i got 5k deff with my own buff 8k with cleric and bm buff and not to mention its not so easy to hit me. some1 coming to me i teleport . or sleep . or seal him xD and if he get a hit its not for that much but i guess u will learn this soon enough. looking forward to fighting u again

i was 89 one day after you made 89 loool.
    arcanes are squishy when you are wearing gear you just grabbed from around the place in AH. I will put more effort into tt90 and drop the vit then but until then ima squishyb:sad

P.S. i only have 700 less pdef than i did as LA.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    arcanes are squishy when you are wearing gear you just grabbed from around the place in AH. I will put more effort into tt90 and drop the vit then but until then ima squishyb:sad

P.S. i only have 700 less pdef than i did as LA.

and alot more dmg i bet.. i got 6.6k -8.5k unbuffed and my wep isnt that big of a deal but arcane build b:victory
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

she was 89 for weeks before you hit 89 b:chuckle
  • xxibatistaxx
    xxibatistaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eh....I think you may have had the wrong idea on sage and hell. I've to about 10 tws, couple serious vs CQ and GZ (lost city main land holding guilds, not much but some experience) and yes stuns and what not are good but, why do i need a stun in tw? That is the bms job, my job in a tw is dealing dmg and killing heavy targets, not protecting the casters as you said...we are the casters that needs protecting.

I think you may have had biased opinion towards hell so I'm going to give you a few points toward sage.

First you explained a heavy usage of Force of will, and i agree with you 100% on this, in all the points you made. The sage force of will is a 3m aoe now, that is amazing. I don't think i have to explain the extra benefits this has.

Another thing is the usage of Chi in TW. You need it for your shield when you die, to blink away when you see a push, bm charging, archer targets you, the situations are endless. And you need it for your big hitting spells.

So a hell mage has its stuns to proc on some skills in tw, and its hell barrier(which is amazing i might add) but its unreliable, I think one mage in all lost city has it, very rare drop.
    Sage has a +50 Chi skills one 60s cooldown, amazing. Now theres not much we can do about the hell barrier for hell mages, but heavan does go up to 120% pdef compared to the 150% of hell.

Ok so another thing, take a look at sage ultimate aoe attacks. Like you said when you got them sparks...use em. sage>hell in this perspective, nothing you say will change that fact.

Black Ice Dragon Strike, is the single hardest hitting spell in the game.
    Now if you look at its heaven stats:
    Sage version gives a 50% chance to increase magic critical hit rate by 30% for 10 seconds.
    That means if you have 13% crit, you now have 43% crit.(I looked on the MY-EN forums) and it has 50% chance to proc. so if it does, that means the Sage Black Ice Dragon Strike you just cast now has a 43% chance to crit...OMG does that rock.

Now the other two ultimates are good also a 50% chance to use 1 spark. so in theory 89+ mage has 399 chi, you use 2sparks on sutra and you can cast 2 ultimates spells with that if you are lucky, and at 50% chance that is pretty good.

So no i don't agree with you on hell mage is better for TWs.
    Hell mage is better for world pvp, and pking.

Sage mage is better for Tws.

This is my opinion, I think your guide up until this part was very well written.

well sage would be better for LA wizzy
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well sage would be better for LA wizzy

i dont see the point why.
    most ppl say this with hell mage but the true somebody wear light armor only for more pdef/hp/crit in lower lv too.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    she was 89 for weeks before you hit 89 b:chuckle

no i remember you said that surfer was gonna hit 89 before me and that next week she was 89 and a day after i was 89.

You told me grats on sage 1 week after i was 89...
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You know I'm right haha. She was lvl 90 a day or 2 after you got 89. That's at least a week.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You know I'm right haha. She was lvl 90 a day or 2 after you got 89. That's at least a week.

go get holy cryonite or something lol jk

<3you fizzy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think his right miz :o im now almost 92 and ur still 89. and i dont lvl fast i just do daily xD
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think his right miz :o im now almost 92 and ur still 89. and i dont lvl fast i just do daily xD

i didnt do dailies or anything until recently(been 89 for about 3 ish weeks now). I been farming my tt90 set. I hate being undergeared. b:surrender

dont worry, its all done now and im gonna ***** fc and delta
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i didnt do dailies or anything until recently(been 89 for about 3 ish weeks now). I been farming my tt90 set. I hate being undergeared. b:surrender

dont worry, its all done now and im gonna ***** fc and delta

ok good xD u prolly gonna out lvl me i dont plan to do any fc or delta or buy this hyper stones **** im lvling slow wtih daily and meanwhile saving about 170m for lunar wand rings boots etc got almost half of the money so far once i get it all ill get to 100 in a sec xD
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok good xD u prolly gonna out lvl me i dont plan to do any fc or delta or buy this hyper stones **** im lvling slow wtih daily and meanwhile saving about 170m for lunar wand rings boots etc got almost half of the money so far once i get it all ill get to 100 in a sec xD

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i gotta get CV rings b:surrender

and heavenrage boots Q.Q
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i gotta get CV rings b:surrender

and heavenrage boots Q.Q

what is CV ? :o
  • MrSpits - Lost City
    MrSpits - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Endgame 99+ Mages are the class to be in TWs. They are the most dynamic game changing class. Usually the guild with the most balanced classes and best mages wins a TW.

We become, easily one of the hardest classes to kill as well - because you can usually never do it alone.

And yes this is an alt.

Just an example:
    Absolute Domain + 12 Second Immune pot + ice dragon/blade tempest on enemy spawn in TW = GG.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Endgame 99+ Mages are the class to be in TWs. They are the most dynamic game changing class. Usually the guild with the most balanced classes and best mages wins a TW.

We become, easily one of the hardest classes to kill as well - because you can usually never do it alone.

And yes this is an alt.

Just an example:
    Absolute Domain + 12 Second Immune pot + ice dragon/blade tempest on enemy spawn in TW = GG.

omg that must hurt >.<
    ppl that will respwan and thought in a safe spot would get 1shot and die back, especially cuz most of the ppl there dont have buffs up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think CV means "Lunar".

oh gotcha :p
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what is CV ? :o

lunar rings*
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this guide deserves a necro.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this guide deserves a necro.

TRUE b:victory

OOPS b:shy
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I really don't understand why this still doesn't get stickied.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    stickie it
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    Amasaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    awesome guide!
  • GreyHawk - Raging Tide
    GreyHawk - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    +1 for a sticky!

This guide is helping to make my early Wizarding days so much easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    +1 for a sticky!

This guide is helping to make my early Wizarding days so much easier.

True that...... WHY IS THIS NOT STICKIED b:sad
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • SorenBlack - Dreamweaver
    SorenBlack - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for this! Much better and more detailed compared to the stickied guide.
    [SIGPIC]http://i44.tinypic.com/vpc1lz.png[/SIGPIC]
    Signature by ForsakenX
This discussion has been closed.