Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Options

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As far as I can see, it isn't possible to wear the HH90 heavy armor and a HH90 GX magic sword when you reach lvl 90. But i see most lvl90+ venos have heavy armour and a HH90 GX weapon. How do u organize the stats to fit both the armor and weapon?
    Someone didnt read the first post/guide.

Hint: Use +stat gear.

Heres my old old gears when I first hit 90.. they were all cheap and easy to get, and it would be a lot easier with all the new anni pack gear floating around.
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7707/geare.jpg

You obviously wont be able to get the exact same blues and 3*'s so it takes quite a bit of customizing your stat points to your gear.

tl;dr: get high +stat gear

Edit: felt nice so gave an example
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u got very nice stats on ur gear :) i can see now how u have meet the requirements for all the gears. ty
  • The_love - Raging Tide
    The_love - Raging Tide Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Someone didnt read the first post/guide.

Hint: Use +stat gear.

Heres my old old gears when I first hit 90.. they were all cheap and easy to get, and it would be a lot easier with all the new anni pack gear floating around.
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7707/geare.jpg

You obviously wont be able to get the exact same blues and 3*'s so it takes quite a bit of customizing your stat points to your gear.

tl;dr: get high +stat gear
    have you ever hurd of the litthe thingy called heavens book?lol u are totaly forgeting about it its use is to add on stats lvl 1 blessings are cheap to make/buy and still at cost of like 1M u can get like +8-9 stat points its a BIG fact u forgot to mention

Edit: felt nice so gave an example

you forgot about blessings/heavens books or what ever the name is for like 1M u can get up to +8-9 stats and not to mention the higher lvl blessings they are a big point to this build i cant belive u didnt enclude them
    [SIGPIC]sometimes love hurts and baby i love you A LOT[/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok. I've hit a wall at level 80 and fancy experimenting.

What would it cost to go for a decent HA build? What sort of gear am I looking to pick up to be not terrible?

And how much attack power am I going to lose? Presumably not all that much, since I've not seen any real increase since level 60 anyway.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you forgot about blessings/heavens books or what ever the name is for like 1M u can get up to +8-9 stats and not to mention the higher lvl blessings they are a big point to this build i cant belive u didnt enclude them
    I ran this build nov/december '08, 3 to 4 months after release. Nobody had tomes yet, xmas blessing wasnt even out yet, herc and nix were just released. So thats why one isnt in the example.

It was an example of how easy it is if you just try. With all the flashy bling stuff they have now with +27stat capes, holy punishment helmets, 45stat tomes, it should be extremly easy if you're well funded.

If I still had that crappy set of gear I'd probably puke, like I said its just an example of how easy it is if you wanted to, you dont 'need' expensive stuff to switch into this build.
    Right now of course I have one, a level 5 tome, sitting in TT99gold armor, TT90gold cape, holy punishment helmet.

Soooo yeah, right, anyways.... I -did- say "+stat gear" and last time I checked a tome was a piece of gear, and it added +stats.. people should be able to interpert that far.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok. I've hit a wall at level 80 and fancy experimenting.

What would it cost to go for a decent HA build? What sort of gear am I looking to pick up to be not terrible?

And how much attack power am I going to lose? Presumably not all that much, since I've not seen any real increase since level 60 anyway.

A word of caution for a kindred veno. Do not try the heavy arcane build if you are not prepared to refine all your equip to at least +5 to compensate for the loss in vit points. Almost everyone of us who plays a heavy arcane veno started with base vit of 3 and equip refined to at least +5 with citrine shards.

All ornaments are +stats and preferably with all 3 stats of strength, agility and magic to help you wear the heavy equip. Be prepared to camp the auction house for + stat ornaments.

No heavy arcane veno has the same numbers in stat points because of the different ornaments they choose to wear except for the common factor of 3 points base vit.

My veno is at 92 and still doesn't have the luxury of adding vit points yet but has unbuffed 6.3k hp due to a lot of vit points, +5 refines and immac cits from the equip.

I wish you good luck and success with this build and hope you can carry it through like everyone of us who play this build.

Read Reikara's guide thoroughly because she spent her time on a very informative and well thought out guide for us. I know I managed to pull it off with her guide and a lot of help from the more experienced heavy arcane venos in here just by gathering iniformation from their posts.

Gratz Obssessed on getting TT99 equip. You're one of my inspiration for this build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gratz Obssessed on getting TT99 equip. You're one of my inspiration for this build.

Thanks, though I only have the top and pants, I had kinda went on a break for a few months and just left my catshop up, so I finally got around to buying them. I'll get the boots/gloves eventually.. Though I might try for heavenrage or arcaneTT99boots, and arcaneTT99 wrist.

Debating, I could use the extra mdef, and get the -3chan set bonus, and -6 on wrists.. tough call. Will decide when I get the rest of the mats I guess lol.

Also keep it up, it's a great fun build.

edit: maybe even heavy heavenrage/arcane wrist/ 99mdef ornament
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For all us heavy veno's out there is this a good build?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c1345f43cf72f32e

Im still only 90 but would like to plan out my 100 build now. I know arcane can get ok pdef but i went heavy cause i want my fox skills to do some damage and not be half hearted. When im done refining and sharding, i'll have 6k magic def unbuffed, 10k hp unbuffed, and 19.8k pdef fully buffed with the build above.

I posted to see if other heavy venos have any other ideas of magic def ornaments that would give me nice + stats (TT, Lunar, Frost only)? Except the rings (one ring is +8 dex +4 dex, 2nd ring is +4 magic, +7 dex) since i have those already and got them super cheap.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A couple suggestions,
    1)forget the shinirbaso, unless you have a ton of cash its extreamly cost prohibitive - requiers the super rare mat (60M at bare minimum when a pack is in shop that has it up to 200M+) and requires the soul edges from all 4 green 99 swords. the lunar wand is much more achievable (60-70M) and another thread points out it actually refines better than the TT100 (though i cant confirm this myself) which makes the only real difference 2% more crit on the TT100.
    2) have 2 weapons, 1 sword sharded for melee, and the other whatever you chose for your magic weapon. Swords have the best DPS in melee of the magic weapons, and since fox attacks are phys attk based, shard with garnets

3)HA/AA have low HP so get it wherever you can, there are 2 TT90 necks with +5% HP, 1 phys and 1 elemental. elemental is better for heavys, but neither one has any +stat on it, skydemon's pearl has +7~8 str and +5% hp but is phys.

4) get a set of might rings to match your magic rings. not only will your fox form attacks be much stronger, but refining them gives +phys def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A couple suggestions,
    1)forget the shinirbaso, unless you have a ton of cash its extreamly cost prohibitive - requiers the super rare mat (60M at bare minimum when a pack is in shop that has it up to 200M+) and requires the soul edges from all 4 green 99 swords. the lunar wand is much more achievable (60-70M) and another thread points out it actually refines better than the TT100 (though i cant confirm this myself) which makes the only real difference 2% more crit on the TT100.
    2) have 2 weapons, 1 sword sharded for melee, and the other whatever you chose for your magic weapon. Swords have the best DPS in melee of the magic weapons, and since fox attacks are phys attk based, shard with garnets

3)HA/AA have low HP so get it wherever you can, there are 2 TT90 necks with +5% HP, 1 phys and 1 elemental. elemental is better for heavys, but neither one has any +stat on it, skydemon's pearl has +7~8 str and +5% hp but is phys.

4) get a set of might rings to match your magic rings. not only will your fox form attacks be much stronger, but refining them gives +phys def.

Cash isnt a problem. I will have 10k hp unbuffed with the build i have when im done anyways.

I need the rings on or i wont be able to wear the TT100.

Edit - was thinking of the wand but the physical damage isnt good so i want to stick with swords. The lunar sword i do not like either.

Edit2 - lol nvm im gonna revise this build. I totally forgot to upgrade the tome to something nice at least voidlands.....i need some sleep. TY Sasha for your input.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you really wanna tredge down the TT100Shiri path(which IMO you're better off with TT99 green Broken Dream) then at least get a better damn Tome.

Secondly, I think you should switch amulet to either somethign with +stats/HP, or lionheart/archangel TT99 [see edit], (though you might want to consider using OHT quest belt instead[oodles of HP])

Also consider an event cape over TT90gold, I mean it's already a big spender build.. might as well get the best. HP rings would be nice(could be done with a better tome)

Now the rest of what I have to say is subjective and have been trying to figure out how to manage it myself; Heavensrage vs TT99gold boot, give very similar stats, minus the crit.(and would give you a 4 part 15vit bonus if you got TT99 heavy wrists),

EDIT: You might even want to consider TT99 arcane wrist+belt(will give 12% chan bonus[6% wrist, 3% belt, 3% 2part combo] and help balance resists) and TT99 heave boots+necklace(4part heavy bonus). Though it seemed you wanted -interval more then channeling, so maybe mix those 4 pieces around to personal likings of -interval/chan/crit.

Which brings up.. Why 90 wrists instead of 99?

Hope this helps.

(I have pretty similar gear to what we're talking about, you wont hit 10k hp without at least +8~9, unless you are socketting vit+10 stones x.x)
  • sillyfoo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you really wanna tredge down the TT100Shiri path(which IMO you're better off with TT99 green Broken Dream) then at least get a better damn Tome.

Secondly, I think you should switch amulet to either somethign with +stats/HP, or lionheart/archangel TT99 [see edit], (though you might want to consider using OHT quest belt instead[oodles of HP])

Also consider an event cape over TT90gold, I mean it's already a big spender build.. might as well get the best. HP rings would be nice(could be done with a better tome)

Now the rest of what I have to say is subjective and have been trying to figure out how to manage it myself; Heavensrage vs TT99gold boot, give very similar stats, minus the crit.(and would give you a 4 part 15vit bonus if you got TT99 heavy wrists),

EDIT: You might even want to consider TT99 arcane wrist+belt(will give 12% chan bonus[6% wrist, 3% belt, 3% 2part combo] and help balance resists) and TT99 heave boots+necklace(4part heavy bonus). Though it seemed you wanted -interval more then channeling, so maybe mix those 4 pieces around to personal likings of -interval/chan/crit.

Which brings up.. Why 90 wrists instead of 99?

Hope this helps.

(I have pretty similar gear to what we're talking about, you wont hit 10k hp without at least +8~9, unless you are socketting vit+10 stones x.x)

Yeah, i was gonna socket vit stones and i totally forgot about the wrists with the tome >.< was sleep deprived and not thinking straight.

TY for the input Obsessed greatly appreciated.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »

Edit - was thinking of the wand but the physical damage isnt good so i want to stick with swords. The lunar sword i do not like either.

the TT100 does give you the best of both worlds on magic attack. If you can afford it, go for it. I recommended the lunar wand because it gives you relatively high magic attack, and is consistently high. I think heavy foxes want two main weapons because, unless you can afford the baso, you are gonna want magic weapon and a melee weapon. some magic weapons are more beneficial for melee than others, for melee yaksa > endless amb, innocent rev > wraith conq., while for magic endless amb >yaksa, Wraith conq > innocent rev.

heavy's have a bit lower mag attack than AAs and LA (although not as low as they think b:quiet) the best weapon for magic is not always the best weapon for melee. though the baso might be the exception
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Yeah, i was gonna socket vit stones and i totally forgot about the wrists with the tome >.< was sleep deprived and not thinking straight.

TY for the input Obsessed greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention, if you chose to use -arcane- TT99 gold boots, instead of heavenrage/heavy99, you could use the +9dex to wear heavy armor pieces. Which would free up a few stat points. (or even arcane heavenrage, instead of heavy, you could use the +10magic to wear your weapon)
  • thegardener
    thegardener Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=921af45d0612115f

This is over the top.... but it'd be soooo cool if you're that rich b:victory

Also, fox walop with its channeling debuff thing.... when I use it, the channeling doesn't show as a debuff icon, what am I missing? >.<

Love the guide... LOVE IT! b:dirty
    edited February 2010
    Options

Also, fox walop with its channeling debuff thing.... when I use it, the channeling doesn't show as a debuff icon, what am I missing? >.<

I threw up a little, Your necklace and amulet are terrible, nor would I use a pure mag tome. Then AXES, wtf... you cant use foxform/melee master with axes for starters... So much fail.. cant even compute. Should factor in some of the new event stuff, and perhaps look twoards tt99/nirvana, ugh brain hurts.
    edited February 2010
    Options

I threw up a little, Your necklace and amulet are terrible, nor would I use a pure mag tome. Then AXES, wtf... you cant use foxform/melee master with axes for starters... So much fail.. cant even compute. Should factor in some of the new event stuff, and perhaps look twoards tt99/nirvana, ugh brain hurts.

I think s/he just wanted to see how high they could make the numbers on the character screen with no regard to making a playable character. and even fails there, the ornaments are awful.

no +5% hp neck for a +7 magic neck? fail
    +30% accuracy rings? sage fox gives +250% (which is not multiplied buy the 30% rings) fail
    no melee mastery bonus with non magic weapon. fail
    $15000+ for refines all around just to make a rock (next to impossible to kill if charmed, but who cares, cause its not a threat) seems pretty expensive for fail.

if you had the money and spent it on that build you would be proving the axiom "a fool and his money are soon parted"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nvm misquote......
  • thegardener
    thegardener Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jeez..... was just playing with the calculator thing.....My highest char is lvl 76, inexperienced and no idea what is possible at high lvl or whatever, just saying what if such a veno would be possible >.>
    Relax -.-

edit; also, I did mag to be able to at least use sakyamuni's light b:sweat
    and a fool and money soon parted? I'm a millionair, who cares about couple hundred euro? : )
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your build can't even use a TT60 magic sword. You said you loved the guide, but i think you completely misunderstood the guide. Might want to read it over, and then think for yourself what's possible and how you can make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I love my beautiful failure =^.^=
    Though the pieces I would change up.
    Jeez..... was just playing with the calculator thing.....My highest char is lvl 76, inexperienced and no idea what is possible at high lvl or whatever, just saying what if such a veno would be possible >.>
    Relax -.-

Hiyab:bye
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I love my beautiful failure =^.^=
    Though the pieces I would change up.

What's the point? You'd have more dps(smaller numbers and no zerk, but still more overall damage per second) with foxform+magic weapon, more defense, more spare points to add more vit/hp, and have a magic weapon on at all times for easier access to spells/pet heal.

I get it, for fun; Doesn't make it a good idea nonetheless.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    While we're talking about weapons, what about the lunar pataka dying spirit? http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5709a71a4591a64a HA set

and then for the AA set have this... http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5866479bcd0eb1b3

and for the mixed set do this?... http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cd65f45ab3ff479b

I dont really know much about the build, just throwing this out here... I'm LA. but it's something id like to try come lvl 89+

EDIT: I forgot to put a sapphire gem in the pataka. >.> and I realize the ortaments are probably ****...

Another edit: maybe if i could find Ok +stat ortaments that i costumized here http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8ec6d08eaa9e47ce that build might be ok at lvl 90. Don't know if ill be that lucky or not. Im really expecting my gear to be a P.O.S. >.> cause, im not prepared, and i really dont know what i want come lvl 90+. Oh well i have 10 lvls to decide.

EDIT a 3rd time.... Btw, Obsessed, I saw what your EQs were at lvl 90. Have you posted what you have at lvl 100? Cause I'd like to see ^^
    >.<
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm a millionair, who cares about couple hundred euro? : )

somewhere a GM just wept a tear of joy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    EDIT a 3rd time.... Btw, Obsessed, I saw what your EQs were at lvl 90. Have you posted what you have at lvl 100? Cause I'd like to see ^^

Here you go, still working on it a bit but heres what I have this moment.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9cd9d2104545dc4f

Still need to refine higher, possibly socket, finish OHT chain and get Elemental belt(accidently picked phys on 2nd to last belt), and other stuffs. Been too busy playing my assassin to bother though, I'll probably switch to it as my main. Lvl 100 veno is boring. b:shutup
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5968befa9264e3d1

Currently my veno. But i'm not sure if i want to replace my pdef necklace with a mdef one (probably swindler's necklace) or keep the sky demon pearl for now. Necklace has to give me HP since i'm already short on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well I went shopping for some +stat ortaments today, probably not the best though, but I've pretty much gotten laid out what I need at lvl 90. Here's what I've came up with from the stuff I have or will be getting http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9f27108c3518b70e

Out of all that, I have the demon panther ring, ring of windy skies, i.e. emerald meteor, rocking thunder helmet, and the chromacy cape, and the requim blade mold. Still missing the tome (either going to be +10 magic or +7magic +6 vit depending on the stats of ortaments and TT80 sleeves) and missing the sky demon's pearl, and still need to make the armor. But what you see on the calc, is what im shooting for at the very minimum.

EDIT: Still trying to find some decent -chan ortaments to wear in arcane. but when i get it all it'll be something like this. http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5b944a6a54e96420
    >.<
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right now is a great time to get the beast shells for the TT90 ghost mantle, the +27 stat cape (highest usable state gain of any cape in game) it will enable a lot more flexibility with your build, if you can afford it. the req blade is something a lot of heavy's need @ 90 especially without a stat cape, but the sooner you get rid of it the better, unless you plan on spending the majority of your time in fox, and rely minimally on magic.

keep hunting for magic rings too, the +m.attack on the lower lvl rings will slow you down a lot casting/healing. Demonheart ring from FB69 is a pretty viable ring for quite a long time, (just replaced mine yesterday with a OHT ring with same additional stats)

when i hit 90 I had the ghost lord cape, and was able wear TT90 magic weapons instead of requiem, and had sea captain sleeves in quick bar for quick channeling boost

TT90 glaive has the highest mag attack of the TT90s
    for fox form, i swap to Innocent reverie.

I know its a lot to buy all at once, but now is a really good time to farm it, and most of it can be farmed solo mode, which during 2x, the drops are actually quite good.

Build looks great so far though :) keep it up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right now is a great time to get the beast shells for the TT90 ghost mantle, the +27 stat cape (highest usable state gain of any cape in game) it will enable a lot more flexibility with your build, if you can afford it. the req blade is something a lot of heavy's need @ 90 especially without a stat cape, but the sooner you get rid of it the better, unless you plan on spending the majority of your time in fox, and rely minimally on magic.
    I agree with the cape part, but @ requiem blade, it ends up being the 90 weapon that gives the most hp due to optimizing the bonus stats and you can easily never switch it out (Frost wand being the best hp weapon)
    keep hunting for magic rings too, the +m.attack on the lower lvl rings will slow you down a lot casting/healing. Demonheart ring from FB69 is a pretty viable ring for quite a long time, (just replaced mine yesterday with a OHT ring with same additional stats)
    depends what you are doing, tbh they really arent too low. Nor will a few extra matk help as substantially as you are implying. Also demonheart is pretty bad stat adds wise, only 7~8mag.
    TT90 glaive has the highest mag attack of the TT90s
    for fox form, i swap to Innocent reverie.
    Like I said above, you'd have more hp with a optimized requiem, so really depends what you want to do.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im gonna be working on getting the gold HH cape too, I cant decide if i want the gold sleeves and boots or not. I probably wont get them, cause farming for the GBS's or gonna be hard enough. And if i get the gold boots that takes 8 GBA
    so all together (for both AA and HA set i would need 18 GBAs :O ) I really only wanted 2 gold pieces so i could get the +10 magic bonus. but 1 ) i can always use sleeves of the sea capt for - chan and 2) i can get +10 magic bonus from other places. I got my sky demon's pearl mold today, only thing left is the quest belt, and farming for the armor, and eventually the cape. ^.^ Im so excited.

EDIT: Im gonna have to trade my +7 magic +6 vit tome for a +10 magic tome. Idk what stats my molds (requim blade and sky demons pearl) are gonna have yet. But i cant find anyone to trade my tome with. QQ!
    >.<