4Path BM Guide, detailed

Options

Comments

• ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oh, whats your main path?

My main is axes/fist. I use brahma's lash cause it was cheap and easy to get.

My advice is work on getting the best weapon for your main path then worry about your other paths.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pole but zerk lunar wep is at lvl 95 and hard to get
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well then go for zerk tt90. and +it lots. If you can get lunar go for it!!!
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i try lunar first then i seeb:bye

calamity for dragons is good enough?

i think dual swords for myriad
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Then as an all weapon guide you understand that a bm will have one main up to a certain point. And will be maxing those skills. So yes its very valid to use in situation as is in accordance of weapon path skill splitting.

lvl 11 stream strike (or any level other then to meet requirements (lvl 1) to get other skills) in my opinion is useless. Chi cost is a waste. And aggro grab is horrible. Its a flawed skill. And the lvl 11 bonus's do not make up for it.

U obviously didnt understand my post. (at least from what u commented on stream lol)

Also there is no such thing as main path. U use different weapons, every each of them for what they are the best

Also i have no idea what does ur last sentence mean, keep it simply, i didnt study at oxford.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    U obviously didnt understand my post. (at least from what u commented on stream lol)

I perfectly understood your post. I think the language barrier is hampering the conversation.

Also there is no such thing as main path. U use different weapons, every each of them for what they are the best

So, you're saying you level all skills evenly as you go up in level? I think not. There is a main path bm's concentrate on. You just don't have the spirit to level everything at lower levels.

Also i have no idea what does ur last sentence mean, keep it simply, i didnt study at oxford.
    Don't worry about it.

I think the conversation for me is over. There is an obvious language barrier causing misunderstanding.

~AdvanceZero
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hippie the dual swords HH90 are very good for myriad or later hh99 gold dual swords

and calamity for dragons?
  • Vexilon - Lost City
    Vexilon - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    um how the **** can u aoe grind at lv 39 with only 2 aoes? the mobs around sundown hit had and take a while to kill at that lv
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    um how the **** can u aoe grind at lv 39 with only 2 aoes? the mobs around sundown hit had and take a while to kill at that lv

You cant aoe every single "quest" mob due to the very nature of how they are set up.
    Wether that be runners, rangers, mob spacing or mag mobs.

But

If you are "grinding" then you should be using aoe, since you will be only grinding on tightly packed phys only mobs.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

idk, at that level i was grinding on these little midgets south of sundown, 4-5 went easy at the same time, charmless.
    Hippie the dual swords HH90 are very good for myriad or later hh99 gold dual swords

and calamity for dragons?

get hh90 gold. unless u can get one with zerk, dont even bother with myriad, for pvp at least. also hh90 gold axes very very cheap

as for axes, get GX.
    I think the conversation for me is over. There is an obvious language barrier causing misunderstanding.

~AdvanceZero

oh at lower levels, it hought u eman my level... at lower level everyone should consider axe as main weapon since u will level with this one
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why i should not do myriad with the dual swords while they deal most dmg ? they hit hard and later i can get the gold 99 dual swords

and is calamity not enough for dragon + drake bash i use them only for this 2 skills?
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    also hh90 gold axes very very cheap

I wouldn't call them cheap lol, at least not by your average player standard.

As for zerk pole, not sure how much a Lunar weapon is on your server now, but TT90 gold pole is the most expensive out of all the TT90 zerk weapons. The souls and GBA's are about 60 mils together, and this is on the cheap side due to the two 2X drops event. For what you'll pay for TT90 gold pole, you can probably get a Lunar weapon, which is much better than TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why i should not do myriad with the dual swords while they deal most dmg ? they hit hard and later i can get the gold 99 dual swords

and is calamity not enough for dragon + drake bash i use them only for this 2 skills?

Everyone recommends the TT90 gold blade because it has beserk on it. If you're only using calamities for dragon+drake bash then it's probably enough
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but the mats cost too much to use it only for myriad or ?
    the dual swords have higher normal dmg
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Finally a decent guide written by someone who actually has hands-on experience and not based on speculations...where was this guide 3 months ago b:cry

I already spent so much time failing and learning this the hard way but I think it is a pretty good guide to adapt to some of the more versatile (?) generation of BM's considering how much outdated posts there are on these forums that claim that fists suck. :/

Oh and something Im hoping to get someday if my genie LP doesn't **** up (wich it will) is getting bramble rage. If your facing say another BM and he uses phy marrows, you can roar/drake bash, throw down hf and cast bramble rage for almost guaranteed instant kill. ;)

The only problem is that you can't use bramble rage it in the air where most fights in TW takes place so meh it becomes one of those rare situational things and it's better to use that limited genie skill capacity for skills you frequently use.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options

The TT90 gold blade is probably the cheapest beserk weapon. Also if you count the beserk affect into your damage the TT90 gold blade should do more damage overall than the dual swords. At least PvP wise having good spike damage is necessary for swords.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Finally a decent guide written by someone who actually has hands-on experience and not based on speculations...where was this guide 3 months ago b:cry

I already spent so much time failing and learning this the hard way but I think it is a pretty good guide to adapt to some of the more versatile (?) generation of BM's considering how much outdated posts there are on these forums that claim that fists suck. :/

Oh and something Im hoping to get someday if my genie LP doesn't **** up (wich it will) is getting bramble rage. If your facing say another BM and he uses phy marrows, you can roar/drake bash, throw down hf and cast bramble rage for almost guaranteed instant kill. ;)

The only problem is that you can't use bramble rage it in the air where most fights in TW takes place so meh it becomes one of those rare situational things and it's better to use that limited genie skill capacity for skills you frequently use.

One problem is that the other bm can just use balance and negate your damage. I've found that the HF+bramble rage combo is a bit too overused so that whenever bms see a HF their first reaction is to either magic marrow or balance.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The TT90 gold blade is probably the cheapest beserk weapon. Also if you count the beserk affect into your damage the TT90 gold blade should do more damage overall than the dual swords. At least PvP wise having good spike damage is necessary for swords.

ok i will try to get it
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Price is not that expensive by that much, especially since you mentioned that you plan to get TT99 gold. Firelotus is sticking with you for life, it's a rather economical weapon. Ask yourself if you think it's worth it to pay a bit more for a weapon with ~15% crit.

Firelotus can deal far higher spike damage than TT90, and that's what you want. BMs that uses mainly sword to kill (eg. use axe for drakebash, other skills using sword) may have a different opinion, but I rather have firelotus if all I'm doing is myriad with it.

And it also produces rather nice dps if you're willing to suicide :P. If you're getting it just don't use it to grind.
    edited January 2010
    Options

If a BM Phy Marrow against you, he/she's either really new at PKing or is waiting for your HF then cast Balance.

You use True Emptiness in air and it's STR based. Bramble is DEX based that means you'll have to pick and choose between a STR or DEX genie. Having both STR and DEX just make every skill weaker than what they should be. You could have 2 PvP genies like I do, but as for TW goes, you can't switch genie mid-battle and not to mention the time for a newly switched genie to recharge. It's a hard choice really. On one hand, you have a very powerful AoE with DEX genie which is very nice to have in TW. On the other you have a nuke in the air and skills to keep you alive longer against casters. I guess pick the one that best fits your assignment. For example if you are going after cata squads use DEX genie and if your job is to hunt for clerics and casters then use STR genie etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Updated on 2010.01.09 - Added genie guide
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    edited January 2010
    Options
    She doesn't believe in Alpha Male.

Hippie, you talked about combo with True Emptiness but the skill is not on your list.

BTW Hippie, w/o Balance or Heart of Steel, do you ever get sleep at near tick by Cleric then debuffed, triple sparked, Ex Posioned then either get killed by Wield Thunder or Tempest after Chi pot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a hell fist user should never use wind sheild after 3 spark...quicken buffs dont stack

other than that nice guide

and balance while its not horribly OP anymore is pretty much your only shot at surviving a antistuned casters 3 spark....tricky as hell to time but its an **** saver

the antistun is realy usefull on venos barbs bms etc nix bleed is nowere near as annoying as nix stun

mire is really overated in pvp imo but its wonderfull + glaicial on bosses to get a 15 second full armor break
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a hell fist user should never use wind sheild after 3 spark...quicken buffs dont stack

other than that nice guide

and balance while its not horribly OP anymore is pretty much your only shot at surviving a antistuned casters 3 spark....tricky as hell to time but its an **** saver

the antistun is realy usefull on venos barbs bms etc nix bleed is nowere near as annoying as nix stun

mire is really overated in pvp imo but its wonderfull + glaicial on bosses to get a 15 second full armor break

ye, i know, i am sage so forgot. will add.

kick, seal, run away. they wont take u in one hit. (funny how many three spark of hh100+11 i survived in yds TW =), like all of them, but thats more cuz of that mage fails... ). for a chance to survive that, u would really stay there and use all of ur genie energy? bad trade.

mire isnt overrated. i hit 14k dragon zerkcrit on ep buffed 9x tigerform barb with it. my GX was +5 at that time.
    She doesn't believe in Alpha Male.

Hippie, you talked about combo with True Emptiness but the skill is not on your list.

BTW Hippie, w/o Balance or Heart of Steel, do you ever get sleep at near tick by Cleric then debuffed, triple sparked, Ex Posioned then either get killed by Wield Thunder or Tempest after Chi pot?

That happened like 2 or 3 times to me ever. On harshlands is like 4 or 5 ep who could kill me like that.

Thats the case of getting a skill for really rare situation. Even for lower BMs... dont waste a skillslot on that lol.
    Forgot Alpha Male for PvE genie.

right, will be added. i dont use it, forgot :(
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What to put into sockets:

Any armor:

HP stones. At endgame u should consider using diamond of dragons aswell.

Axes/poles: Accuracy shards. U can never have enough, and since ur low strength damage shards wont make a big difference.

Fists/swords: p dmg shards.

DONT, i mean DONT put mdef shards into ur armor. The difference will be significant even with sage marrow, u r better with defense levels and hp.

Which weapons to use at what levels:

1-39 is easiest to level using axes, or if u want to be special swords.

After 39 u can start to aoe grind on few mobs(not many yet), so just use axes. From this point u shall use axes to aoe grind till lvl100.

If u want to use poles u should start using them at 7x. Before that there is simply no point of using em. After 99 u MUST use them to make a good BM.

Swords are good at any level for single target grinding.

Fists are worth to get after 70-80, or if u really want to at lvl60.

For pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    MindNurf - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why is this not stickied...Hippie=Best BM ever
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why is this not stickied...Hippie=Stuped

Fixed it for you.....b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fareesha
    fareesha Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You were referring to the 'monarach spear' = 'purge spear' ....... right ?
    Anyway, any idea what is the percentage that skill get activates on PvP b:surrender
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    Susanno - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fareesha wrote: »
    You were referring to the 'monarach spear' = 'purge spear' ....... right ?
    Anyway, any idea what is the percentage that skill get activates on PvP b:surrender

yes it's it's HH99 spear and concerning the percentage of activation here is what Hippie said :
    I dont have anything concrete to base this on, but imo its based on refines.. when i had it +0 it nearly never purge, now its a lot more. when bit lucky it usually purge under first stun with 1.25 aps