Hey Put That Lowbie Dq Back To Old Nerfed Price

Options
CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
wtf? i think a china modification got through. that is a lot of money for a lowbie that y'all just took away. dq 31 was over 1k coins. that was nice for a L35 w/e.

un-phuh-king-believable.
Post edited by CheetahWoods - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wut are ya say'ing bro I cud nut understuud
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    dont panic, they raised the amount you get for doing quests.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • reiklingraider
    reiklingraider Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The low level dq items was a major source of income for low levels. They could have lowered the price some but to completely nerf it to one coin is kinda silly.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is silly.
    There are no low levels out there botting like in China.
    Over here there are hypers and Frost.
    The very, very few low levels left now who actually grind and quest a little are just being robbed by this.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    PWE even wants lowby's to start spending real money by the time they hit lvl 10... IJS... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:cry I hope this get's changed back. I refuse to Frost my alts and this complete nerf is just ridiculous.

EDIT: After logging in, I found that the increase in coin drops is much more than I thought it would be. It offsets the DQ item nerf.
    ~~~~~~
    Only the DQ21 and DQ31 items were nerfed. DQ41 was supposedly nerfed, but I checked in game and their npc price was normal.

All other DQ items have not had their prices changed.

Actually log in before you judge. The increase in coin drops from killing normal mobs DOES seem significant and I think it really lessens the blow for the DQ item nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i still can think of ways to make money of low dq's. you just need to think and not be a complete fc hyper noob..
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i still can think of ways to make money of low dq's. you just need to think and not be a complete fc hyper noob..

You tell us :p
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    maybe they just dont want any new players so they can finally can shut this game off

b:bye
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hm, well there's bank mat DQ's which are sort of pointless to sell because I've had times when I've had 50+ of each on a new toon just from questing, after bank quests. Setting up my cash shop for uber cheap mats usually results in no one buying, probably from already having so many of the mats themselves.

There's selling DQ to people actually doing Dragon Quests which...to be fairly honest aren't many. (Except me because I want a mold but am too cheap to buy DQs)

Then there's actually doing the DQ quests and selling the dragon orders to people that aren't cheap enough to do the quests themselves and have coin to spare, which, as above, aren't that many.

I guess people will still buy them for the DQ points, but the price would have to be lowered substantially to compensate for the fact that they only ncp for one coin now. I doubt they'd be worth the repair/pot costs for most farmers.

b:surrender Tell us how you think low dq's could still make money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hi Ppl

well PWI u did a wonderfull job of distroying the Game by lowering DQ to 1 coin. What is the darn logic in that u JUST KILLED THE GAME. So now the new ppl that just joined the game have nothing to look forward to in doing quest and collecting mats so they can buy items like ARMOUR POTs like Magic and hp.That they will need to play and survive the game. U PPL JUST HINDERS AND DISTROYED THE GAME. There is still a few of us with out there and newbies that would like to play the game for the fun in the tradtional way. NOW that all Gone. U brought in this event that allows pp to power lvl thru this event which puts ppl from 20 to 41 in no time, which Kills the game cause all the quest that r thu 20-41 are gone cause no one is going to do them now and the ones that like the traditional way of playing are FORCEed to play the new way call new Generation of play the Traitional way is NOW DEAD. THANK U VERY MUCH OF KILLING THE GAME AND FORCING PPL TO EITHER POWERLEVELING OR QUITING. I have played for a long time I am a veteran and i am Really thinking of quiting this game and going to WOW at least there u can play the game of traditional play and get mounts and that with in game money and here at pwi u FORCE ppl to Buy Items just to survive in the game by using RL Money and now that the DQ item under 40 are not Worth zip. and r force to use the new system of powerlvling thru the event to get to 40 just to make the game worth playing. Anything under 40 is not worth the game play due to u Killing everything under 41. I Like to now how u ppl are going to comperate the ppl that play the tradtionla way of playing. When everything is dead. So IN CONCLUSION The only way to enjoy the game now is to Power level thru events and not do the traditional way of playing by doing quest stocking up on money thru dq mats or other like armour etc so u can buy items of need. U can not save up on stuff u like cause there is NO Way of buying them with ingame cause it not there since PWI TOOK THE GAME PLAY AWAY. THANK U PWI FOR KILLING THE DAM GAME WONDERFUL PLAY..........b:angry
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm having a hard time just updating the client as it is and its been two hours since I tried to start it up, so I'm here wandering the forums to see what has been found to be true. And this by far is what hurts the most.

I'm not a CSer. I'm not a Merchant. I'm not a new player. We always hear these 'No one says you have to spend money, just play the game' or 'Stop QQing and just quit.' and normally the way to fight back is to say you work hard for your stuff, but you can't really prove you did.

When I began in Nov. 09' I used to think it was hard to come up with enough coin to survive. With gold being 300k -- I thought, there is no way I can accomplish that! DQ wasn't nerfed at all, and I depended on it to survive. Of course, you have the other side of pwi which is mounts and fashions, everyone has it, you eventually want it, so saving up was not as hard until they screwed up the DQ prices by half at least which meant double the work to save for anything. How can low lvls possibly save for an npc weapon? How can a new person who has become interested in this game find a way to survive. Not only has this game added MORE powerleveling options, it has gotten rid of the most essential thing low levels needed to survive here. I guess PWI assumes every new toon being born is someone's alt and that said person has plenty of coin to provide them.

I think they are really trying to squeeze out decent players who earn not charge. I'm neutral to say, if you want to charge your way through, go right ahead, but least be aware there ARE people who refuse to stoop low to spend hard earned (possibly struggling to get) cash for pixel r9 gears. There ARE people who enjoy the game to be with friends and possibly have fun trying on new fashions and mounts, but to limit this enjoyment to the people who have endless amount and or able to farm the DQ that DOES make a difference . . it just sucks.

Now, I'm just wondering what is keeping me here with this game with all these changes. So much powerleveling, so much charging, so much talk about becoming R9. I miss the old days. PWI is going to be ruled by those who flash their cards; oh wait it already is. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Now that youre unwilling to NPC those low level DQ why not use them for their actual purpose and do actual Dragon Quests?

Youre supposed to quest with them anyway. Honestly I think thats what I used most of my DQ for back in my lowbie days. I never remember NPCing them being a significant source of income.

Is anyone else baffled as to why so many level 100s are complaining about the price of DQ21?
    People complain way too easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Now that youre unwilling to NPC those low level DQ why not use them for their actual purpose and do actual Dragon Quests?

Youre supposed to quest with them anyway. Honestly I think thats what I used most of my DQ for back in my lowbie days. I never remember NPCing them being a significant source of income.

Is anyone else baffled as to why so many level 100s are complaining about the price of DQ21?

You do realize someone new to the game would have no clue as to what a dragon quest is right? I don't know why people with 100's are complaining about it with their low lvl's they can just send them coin. Someone who is new to the game though who doesn't know anything is going to be screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

+10! Lower lvls can make a whole lot more money by putting the items in catshop or doing the Dragon Quests.

I've been spending about 9 mill per week buying DQ21/31/41 to make gear and resell. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this and I'm also positive those catshops are making a hella more $$$ than people NPC'ing the mats. b:chuckle

As for the lvl 100 people complaining...I understand it. New players are rare enough and to see anything introduced that might frighten them away won't go over well. PWI won't last forever but nobody wants to see them doing things that will shorten it's life any more.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    To all who will possibly say to either accept the "current standard" of pw or quit the game entirely. ive got news for you, all who say to quit pw after the vast majority of us veterans of pw have been on here for over 3 years and counting, know what it was like in the old days of pwi. we had the challenge of farming, grinding coin, drops, the whole 9yrds of doing anything we could to survive. even with the gold prices being 300k+, we still could buy gold in game without swiping moms credit card or putting rl money into the game. so to all who are having us veteran players accept the "next generation of play" you guys need to grow some brains cause you all wouldnt know what it was like back when this game first came into existence. all of us veteran players liked the challenge of getting our armor, weapons, fashion, mounts, flyers, the works. some might of even traded whatever you had for something of equal value. so to all who say that we who are QQing/complaining bout how the game is going, i think your time is up for you guys to quit pwi permanently and immediately. GO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND CHEW ON A CAN OF WORMS.

Thanks PWI for ruining a perfectly good wholesome game that alot of us have enjoyed playing over the years. how much lower will you guys go before you most likely will cause a major leave fest of players. as of tues nights patch, your reputation has become totally shot. so you guys better fix everything or alot of us veterans will end up leaving. ty for reading. (for all the good that it'll do since the devs have their ears full of wax/pond water)
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Using my low-level (level 20+) alt I could to gather and sell low-level DQ with 0 coin expenses almost for same total cost as my Wizard's DQ from high 80+ level mobs (excluding expenses). I have some screenshots of my Wizard's equipment broken during hours of grinding process. Now 79 level Wizard has some advantages in comparison with my alt.

Edit:

Also low-level mobs are safe, but high-level mobs attack everyone around.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why is it so hard to think of others in this game? Why must someone who mentions the worry for low lvl or new players always get torn to pieces for saying their opinion on the matter. Sure, my Veno MAY be level 92, that does not mean because I am a high level I've turned my back on how I originally got where I am now today in this game. I'm old school, I still DQ grind how I did before and farm herb in Hell just like every other person who havent used up the good ol'credit card. I save up and sure, time to time transfer coin around to my alts just to get by, but its not millions and millions, its everything but THAT.

Not everyone who IS a high level has an OP toon to farm like nothing. You know ways to farm, you aren't clueless and clearly, you have no worry for it anymore for being a high level. Least consider how a new player will come into the game without knowledge of what we know. They'll probably make it but barely until they are a decent level. So yeah, sue me if (as a high level) I shouldn't complain about the well-being of new/low levels who have NO rich alts to mooch from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why is it so hard to write using normal font.

For example, like this:
    ... Least consider how a new player will come into the game without knowledge of what we know. They'll probably make it but barely until they are a decent level. So yeah, sue me if (as a high level) I shouldn't complain about the well-being of new/low levels who have NO rich alts to mooch from...

And as I heard quest rewards for low level players increased.

For my character I not see any changes in quest rewards.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    <_< Well, I'm much less concerned about the DQ price nerf now. I logged in on Jer, killed a level 52 mob in one hit and got around 240 coins. The highest I got from those low level mobs were 400+ coins in a single drop.

Good lord all the proverbial newbies will have more coin than I do. b:shocked

And if I'm lucky, the price for the DQ I need will drop due to the lesser npc value and I can get my Dragon Quests done :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You do realize someone new to the game would have no clue as to what a dragon quest is right? I don't know why people with 100's are complaining about it with their low lvl's they can just send them coin. Someone who is new to the game though who doesn't know anything is going to be screwed.

i dont really mind about the change of this BUT for some1 new to the game is very unfriendly
    the Coins rewards from quest are not that BIG ijs, is like 500 more coin?...or less think ill run a test b:beatenup
  • draggonhatchling
    draggonhatchling Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW!!!! I have not even logged in yet just got around to updating wasn't home to check out the new stuff when the server came back up. Now after Reading the comments here in this thread; I'm not sure if I really want to log-in LOL.

The game was great when it came out, people worked for their gear and such. Gave you a good feeling of self achievement. Not to forget, there was more team work in parties and factions. Which over time I've seen diminished to GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME! Now what a lot of veterans to this game that enjoyed the hard work see is unskilled players that are power leveled to level 100+.

Great job PWI for putting the final toughes to RUINING A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angry

I think I will be migrating out of here slowly as will most veterans to the game are saying.

As for all you that did not work your rear off to get Items before PWI introduce HYPERS and such take your laziness and ......... well I'll put it nicely put it were the sun don't shine. The veterans have been in the game longer then you and have the right to speak.
  • amingwati
    amingwati Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1 coin for all DQ items?! what have you done? b:angry
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this is just sad. Very bad move PWE
  • dolomit
    dolomit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The low level dq items was a major source of income for low levels. They could have lowered the price some but to completely nerf it to one coin is kinda silly.

Agree. I am angry, I have over a million in low DQ on my chars and want to sell it, but suddenly they have no value!!!
    How can I earn money for learning skills on low levels, hmm???
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Uhm, Dragon quest was one of the first things I knew about when I first logged into the game. The npc is right there at the starter towns, any noobie with a healthy sense of curiosity is going to click on it(and presumably begin making plans to save for a violet lightning, at least that's what I did)

Of course this doesn't take away from the fact that this DQ price nerf shouldn't have gone through to our version in the first place, seeing as how botters are far less of a problem here than people not being on the map at all.

At least they still get the DQ points, that's something unique to our version.
  • dolomit
    dolomit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW!!!! I have not even logged in yet just got around to updating wasn't home to check out the new stuff when the server came back up. Now after Reading the comments here in this thread; I'm not sure if I really want to log-in LOL.

The game was great when it came out, people worked for their gear and such. Gave you a good feeling of self achievement. Not to forget, there was more team work in parties and factions. Which over time I've seen diminished to GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME! Now what a lot of veterans to this game that enjoyed the hard work see is unskilled players that are power leveled to level 100+.

Great job PWI for putting the final toughes to RUINING A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angry

I think I will be migrating out of here slowly as will most veterans to the game are saying.

As for all you that did not work your rear off to get Items before PWI introduce HYPERS and such take your laziness and ......... well I'll put it nicely put it were the sun don't shine. The veterans have been in the game longer then you and have the right to speak.

+10. Agree in all points
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This post is neither to praise nor condemn PWE. It's merely my own conclusions
    after 3 years of playing & observing.

I think PWE is actually doing the smart thing from a money-making perspective.
    Giving incentive & the means to get to high level faster. I daresay it's the
    higher levels that end up spending more $$$.

I had to face it, nowadays 3 years is like 3 generations when it comes to change
    in the gaming world. For I see when in game that the players in general seem to be
    LOVING IT. And we don't see much of those players here in the forums judging by
    WC ("Is there maint. tonight?" -- "WTF!? Dull Claw is now 1 coin? Is that a glitch?!" --
    "Any1 know, is there maint. tonight?" . . . you get my drift).

It seems everyone now is majorly into speed & glitz. My mode & memories of playing PWI is like the
    horse-and-buggy days, slow & leisurely, enjoying the ride along the way.
    But that's gone, replaced by sleek, fast, get-me-from-here-to-there NOW! mentality.

With the fast lvl'ing, a player will get to 40 in a day or two, just by regular
    play, so the dq nerf will not impact them greatly, no matter what they say. You usually
    wear gear dropped by mobs or given as quest rewards until lvl 30-40 anyway.

Do I like it? No. But I also don't like most of the changes I see happening
    in the rl world around me. But things do change, time moves on whether we like
    it or not. I had hopes for awhile that somehow the "old" PWI could somehow come
    back. But it won't. I see that now. Face it--the majority of players now DO NOT
    WANT THE OLD PWI BACK. They want fast leveling & everything free & easy. Witness
    the posts qq'ing about the new afk exp not being good enuf. lol

And for ppl who may say the game is dying, there are no new players in starter
    zones, etc., ppl have been saying this very same thing with every change since I
    started playing. And the game is still here, and honestly? it appears to be
    thriving from the numbers of players I see. I think the new players (whether alts
    or brand-new) are there, just in different places apparently, because I've never seen
    more activity than I have lately in Archo.

I've finally accepted it. PWI will never again be what it was when I started.
    Because it must cater to the desires of the majority of players now, which is
    make-it-fast, make-it-easy. (BTW, I've noticed they've made a lot of the mobs in
    the sub-lvl-40 areas at least, non-aggressive. I was playing a low-level alt, and
    was avoiding Torgins & Devilroots, whatever, when I noticed it wasn't necessary.
    They aren't aggressive anymore. Walk right up to a Tauroc Slave, or an Ossien
    Merchant--he'll ignore you, lol.)

At least I have some very good memories from my early days playing PWI. I have
    to thank them for that.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    amingwati wrote: »
    1 coin for all DQ items?! what have you done? b:angry

Only the DQ21 and DQ31 items were nerfed. DQ41 was supposedly nerfed, but I checked in game and their npc price was the same.

Actually log in before you judge. The increase in coin drops from killing normal mobs DOES seem significant and I think it really lessens the blow for the DQ item nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:cry I hope this get's changed back. I refuse to Frost my alts and this complete nerf is just ridiculous.

EDIT: After logging in, I found that the increase in coin drops is much more than I thought it would be. It offsets the DQ item nerf.
    ~~~~~~
    Only the DQ21 and DQ31 items were nerfed. DQ41 was supposedly nerfed, but I checked in game and their npc price was normal.

A lot of people in pw complain and qq before even trying the new patches. The amount of coins you get for doing quests also incresed (for humans, untamaned, and elves). So if a lowbie wants coins, he just has to quests.