4Path BM Guide, detailed

Options
Hippie - Harshlands
Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
Updates:
Posted on 2009.12.28 - More to come soon!
Updated on 2010.01.01 - Added 79, 100 skills, guide to stunlocking, and few little change.
Updated on 2010.01.09 - Added genie guide

Drawed by Pancake@Harshlands o.O

In this guide, i will write about a bm from my viewpoint. This doesnt mean this is the only or the best possible way to do things in many case. Read it, grab the ideas u like, and make ur own character. Being creative is to be expected.

I will try to describe ur choices the best i can. Decide whats better for u, but dont forget that ur goal shouldnt be being unique. Enjy the game, and make a useful, strong character. Ignoring useful things and being proud of useless things just makes idiots, not good players.

The guide needs some basic knowledge of game, but its suited more for newcomers than for experienced people – who should be able to decide themselves. For explanation of very basic stuff, click here.

Whats a blademaster?

Bms are melee warriors with the most versatile abilities.

In PvE the blademaster is the fastest leveler, u will have easy time killing even 50 mobs at the very same time, or finishing ur foes one by one faster than any other class. U will also be able to tank nearly any boss this game provides, and to be the highest dps when killing these bosses.

In PvP… For PK BMs have one big drawback, fights will be usually in air, which gives u a hard time to catch ur foes. Other than that u will be able to take the beating from more enemies at the same time, and to stunlock them in one spot. Sometimes it may be hard to kill well equipped people, but as long as they cant kill u, the advantage is urs.

In TW BMs are very important. The ability of stunning groups, damaging, slowing, and amping multiple targets is priceless. If u have the right equipment, u will be also able to take out enemy key players in no time aswell.

Is it easy to play?

There are classes harder to play, and easier to play. Take ur time at leveling, PvP as much as u can from lvl30.

At endgame using many weapons and infinite different combos is hard to understand well, and to figure out, buti f u took ur time for pvp while getting to 90-100, u shouldnt be bad at it.

When building ur bm, figuring out what to use, which way to go… always pay attention to

- U will need high HP, and high resistances. Not just mdef or pdef… by lvl100 both 10k+
- U will always need a lot of chi. A chiless BM is worthless.
- Ur goal isnt to be the best DD, the best tank, but the balance inbetween.

Is it cheap to make a BM?

Ur options to make money will be limited, but bm isnt the poorest class. From aoe grinding u can get decent money, other than that try to merchant.

It will be expensive thou, since u need multiple weapons with refines, and ur armors important aswell. Dont be sad with low refines and average gear thou, with +3 hh90 gear u still can be challenge for far better equipped players.

Stats:

STR – more damage.
VIT – more hp.
MAG – more mana.
DEXT – more accuracy, evasion, critical hit.

When choosing ur build pay attention to these:

- At lvl100 u will need to be able to use any weapon of ur lvl. I dont suggest going for more than 200 or 220 dext thou.
- STR adds damage, and u may hit a bit harder. But these points will have fairly better use somewhere else, since dimishing returns. That means the more u add, the less effect u get. Even with low STR, using zerk weapons or fists u will be able to finish ANYTHING, even barbs.
- Never add any points into mag. The defense it gives doesnt worth anything.
- Even if u can roll ur face on keyboard with 3 base vit, it never hurts to have more. For TW u definitely need this little extra.

My stats:
STR – enough for GX with equipment(i dont plan on getting recasted axes)
DEXT – 200 with equipment.
MAG – Nothing
VIT – Rest.

Usual mistakes:

Going full str – u may hit bit harder, but if u want to hit hard roll a mage. Low hp, accuracy, unable to use fists. (No, with low strength u wont lack dmg. I can assure u.)
Going full vit – this isnt a totally bad build. U will be really hard to knock down, u can be used in tw as meatshield well. Still u wont be able to use poles/fists, and ur accuracy will be useless. Also a bit of evasion helps a lot.
Going full dext without really high refines – anything will oneshot u. Full dext may sound nice but u dont need dext past 200-220, there is no reason for that. U will have low hp, useless in tw and group pvp.
Putting into mag – may i even explain?

Gear:

Till late 7x u can go easy with npc gear, quest rewards, whatever. Try to get more hp/vit/str/dext/phisical attack/magic defense. PvP is simple and fast in these lvls, people arent well equipped or charmed. Take ur chance to pvp, so u will know how to swing these spankers at higher levels.

Purpose of weapons:

Axe: aoes, spikes, stunlock(drake bash, highlands cleave, dragons, fissure)
Spear: Range, and purge(Farstrike, meteor rush)
Swords: Faceroll (Myriad)
Fists: canceling, and dps(shadowless kick, cyclone heel)

Tomes:

STR/vit or DEXT/vit. Go for these mixed ones, for more stats. The ultimate tome is Love up and down, or any higher level tome with interval.

AXES:

Lvl70 – 90 XS, or calamity axes of blood.Dont be afraid of loosing 5% percent hp, in exchange u hit so hard ur target may get deleted from server.

Lvl90+ GX or calloused lionheart hatchets. Take ur time and get these somehow. Really worth it.

For very endgame get a HH 99 dual axe, recast it and roll with zerk. If advanced zerk burn all ur chi it isnt designed for bm.

Alternatives:

Lvl79 polehammer mold – with gloom its still a perfectly working weapon. I used it till 90, simply becouse i couldnt afford XS. It wont happen with u, XS will be cheap unless u start on fresh server.

Lvl90 Star axes – same goes for this one, but i really suggest getting GX.

DONT, i mean DONT get FC/Lunar axes. Useless for bm.

SPEARS –

Till lvl90 no big difference. Any mold/3star works well. If u use it as ur main weapon u may consider getting hh90 gold pole. Its a nice weapon but by endgame its damage wont be enough.
For ANY BM i suggest getting hh99 gree pole with purge. Also if u want to get a pole which actually hurts, Dance of universe is the way to go. I would say that recasting poles is a waste.

SWORDS

This is the only weapon path u may skip as bm. However Myriad sword stance hits hard as hell, and u may want to take advantage of that.

Same goes for swords as for pole, till lvl90 there is no real difference, any mold and three star should work. For swords get as much as interval gear as much possible.

If u use swords hh90 gold cant be a bad choice. Its easy to get, and has berserk. I would say thats good enough for an endgame sword.

If u like swords to the extreme, try ur luck with deity weapons and get one with zerk. I wouldnt suggest recasting swords eitheer.

FISTS

Before anything else – nearly all HH fist is useless, and doesnt worth the effort.

When u looking for fist u will need:

Interval!
Any add/proc which inrease ur dmg in any form.

The first reasonable fist is the lvl60 molder. The lvl70 molder is decent aswell. From here u will find a lot of three star instant strike fist for sale. Try to get one with interval. If u didnt succeed, well get hh80 gold. From now on u may forget hh fists.

Rest of good fists are:

FC gold fist
Lunar gold claw
HH100 fists.

U should go for these, rest simply doesnt worth the effort. If u plan on recasting, i would go with claws, for advanced revenge. Berserker is nice in 1v1, but useless in TW.

Getting a fist with interval, good damgae, and freeze/darken would be priceless

Helmet:

Second past gold helmet is best choice unless u can recast ur helm. If u only able to get lvl1-2 version by farming, dont be sad, these are nice aswell.

Cheaper version is any OHT helmet with high base hp, sockets. As add try tog et HP, vit, str, dext. Mdef isnt bad either.

Cape:

Tauren cape is a good choice, but isnt the only way to go. Any magic/whatever cape with sockets and high HP/STR/DEXT/MDEF can work.

The best possible cape is any cape with interval thou, unless u can recast ur whole armorset.

Necklace:

HH90 gold is really worth to get(Swindlers). If u want anything better than that, get lunar necklace, or if u can cube necklace.

Alternative is getting sky demons pearl and one more lvl on ur magic marrow.

Belt:

From 80 OHT belt is good enough, u dont really need anything better. At 86 get demon slaughter, its cheap and very good.

As for endgame belt get 4th past belt, or if u can warsong belt. The difference isnt that big, buti f u can its definitely worth it.

Rings:

Get 2 misty. Ur build doesnt matter. U can never have enough accuracy, and what could u get in exchange? Critical hit? It may be nice, but as BM u shouldnt be planning on crit, and missing is really bad.

If u can u may consider replacing one of the mistyes with a mastadon, or if u can get 2 lunar ring.

Bracer:

Till 90 HH80 green bracer is really nice, unless u use fist sor swords than get the light armor mold with interval.

For HH90 same goes, hh90 green, or the gold one for fists and swords.

For endgame bracer hh99 gold is easy to get, and its just nice, not to mention recastable.

Chest:

Till 90 proud plate of orsair works perfectly. Dont waste money and time on hh80.

HH90 green is best for that level for any type of bm, gold is waste and useless.

HH99 is the way to go for endgame.

Leggings:

The lvl77 molder is good enough till 99, hh80 is a waste again.

HH90 green is very nice again., gold is still a waste.

HH99 for endgame.

Foot:

Till 90 just get any boots with some hp and sockets. I personally went with an hh70 boot what i got from pk drop.

At 90 hh90 green is the way to go.

For endgame, get hh99. The past boots are waste for bm, the only really nice thing on it is the critical – and as bm u dont really need that. Nice addition but none of ur goals.

NOTE: if u are demon fist user u should consider going half LA at 99 for extra mdef and interval.
Nullum crimen sine lege.
Post edited by Hippie - Harshlands on

Comments

• Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What to put into sockets:

Any armor:

HP stones. At endgame u should consider using diamond of dragons aswell.

Axes/poles: Accuracy shards. U can never have enough, and since ur low strength damage shards wont make a big difference.

Fists/swords: p dmg shards.

DONT, i mean DONT put mdef shards into ur armor. The difference will be significant even with sage marrow, u r better with defense levels and hp.

Which weapons to use at what levels:

1-39 is easiest to level using axes, or if u want to be special swords.

After 39 u can start to aoe grind on few mobs(not many yet), so just use axes. From this point u shall use axes to aoe grind till lvl100.

If u want to use poles u should start using them at 7x. Before that there is simply no point of using em. After 99 u MUST use them to make a good BM.

Swords are good at any level for single target grinding.

Fists are worth to get after 70-80, or if u really want to at lvl60.

For pvp… till 95+ i would suggest using axes mainly. U cant take full advantage of other weapon paths till this level, but as long as u have a decent weapon and needed skills maxed any weapon should work on any level – even if u may achieve more with axes.

SAGE or DEMON? And skills!

For sage and demon skillbooks .. Please dont forget, that getting ur useful skillbooks is extremely hard. U wont just get them when u hit the required level. For more info about farming these just look up pwdatabase.

For sage/demon skill descriptions credits go to Ecatomb, i copied these mostly from there, to be exact. It is really a great site, check it out: http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Three spark eruption:

First of all i would tell u, BMs dont use three spark that much. In PvP u will really rarely use it, only with fists and if u really dont have any other choice to save ur ****.

A usual misunderstanding… NO, demon spark doesnt hurt more than sage spark, at least the damage bonus is the same. It only hurts more if ur opponent is using fist sor swords, so he can take advanbtage of lower intervals.

The difference is, that sage spark gives u 25% damage reduction, while demon spark gives 25% attack speed. Both has its uses, demon spark suits fist users extremely well, but never forget that u can replace that effect with cyclone heel or genie skill.

Chi technique:

As sage u can get 50 chi every minute for a few second cast spell. Thats really useful both in pvp/tw or just building chi. I have to repeat, that BMs are really chi dependant.

As demon u can burn 50 chi from ur enemy every 30 sec. Its really useful in TW, and may be annoying in any other aspect of pvp, but its nowhere near as useful as sage chi technique.

Sage version far more useful, and u get this skill free, for cultivation.

Tiger maw

Generally its a decently fast skill with very low dmg add. May be useful as part of stunlock at any level, but u wont really need it until lvl89.

Sage version gives a 25% chance to regain Chi. – Thats really useful, combined with fast cooldown, u will love this skill.

Demon version reduces channel and cast times by 0.1 seconds. – That makes this skill ur second swiftest attack. However u can only really take advantage of this combined with demon drake bash, but the effect is nice anyway.

Demon version better, but sage version useful too.

Draw blood

This skill is very nice for both pvp and pve. As an other swift attack may be useful part of ur stunlock, and the effect is decent in pve.

As for sage or demon it doesnt matter, u dont even need to learn it, since u use this skill for its speed, not for the effect.

Stream strike

Useles skill, leave at lvl1. Both sage and demon are useless aswell.

Aeolian blade

Ur only stun which doesnt need chi, hits pretty hard, and at lvl10 gives 50% chance to stun for 3 sec. Definitely one of ur best skills.

Sage version increases damage bonus to 180%. – May i even explain? Hits hard as hell.

Demon version reduces cooldown to 5 seconds.(It also gives 20% damage bonus, so the difference only 60%) – Could be useful, but i cant think of any situation when u could really use that.

Sage is definitely better.

Drakes ray

Moderately ranged skill with decent dmg add. Also ur fastest – so one of ur best – skills.
    Sage version reduces cooldown. – Thats very handful when u gotta pvp in air.
    Demon version increases range. – Same goes for this one.

Basically both has its use.

Aura of the golden bell

Ur buff. Very useful for anyone, for anything.

Sage version will grant 90% physical defense contribution from armor. – Thats a LOT.
    Demon version gives a 75% physical defense bonus for 15 seconds. – That could definitely have some use if the cast wasnt that long.

Sage wins by far.

Roar of the Pride

Ur aoe stun. Higher level givews higher chance to stun, and longer duration. No explanation needed.

Sage version reduces Chi cost by 10. – Well thats very useful in TW, and its always nice to save chi anywhere.
    Demon version has cooldown reduced by 1 second and always succeeds. – Thats one of the few skills i hate demons for. Thats just super useful.

Demon wins by far.

Oceans edge

Pretty fast attack, with decent damage add. The slow effect may come handy in a few situations, u may skip this skill, i personally use it alot.

Demon version gives a bonus 800 damage. – Thats basically useless.
    Sage version has 20% a chance to freeze the enemy for 3 seconds. – Using at end of ur second 6 sec stun, if it triggers, u dont have to rely on aelian blade that much. Even with low chance, its pretty nice.

Sage wons.

Fan of flames

One of ur fastest skills, with decent damage add. Also useful for aoe grinding, if u know how to position mobs.

Sage version decreases cooldown to 6 seconds. – That makes u able to use it twice in one stunlock. Awesome.
    Demon version doubles range of the spray damage. – In pvp u will usually use this skill to deal dmg to a single target. Its really rare that u could take advantage of that. Not even in TW.

Sage wins.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Drake sweep

An other swift skill, which is also an 8 meter aoe. Very useful both PvP and PvE, i personally have this skill on F1, which means i use it a really lot.

Sage version adds 500 damage. – I am not sure if the dmg is 500, i think its like 800, but ecatomb wrote that. However doesnt matter, thats a pretty much useless addition.
    Demon version gives each successful hit a 20% chance to regain 30 Chi. – Welcome to the pool of infinite chi, in pve and TW. Used in the right moments may result a big bunch of chi.
    Demon Drake's Sweep is actually worse than advertised. I tried it out on seaspray thieves, around 10+ each time. I would demon drake sweep 3 times, and I'd get around 1 every 30+ hits, sometimes 2. This was pretty consistent, and only rarely would I get a nice 90 chi when doing it. It acts more like a 20% chance to trigger, followed by a 20% chance to proc; making it out to roughly 4% chance for the 30 chi. Not sure if other people have had more luck, but this was a disappointment to what I thought it would give.

Demon wins by far.

Leaps

Max them, they really make a difference. In TW, air and water basically ur only chance to catch a mage, also good to get in/out when getting banged, and in pve if u leap onto caster mob, it will start with melee.

I didnt find exact informations on sage/demon version, but i am pretty sure they have. Sage gives less chi cost, while demon lowers cooldown. If its so, i would give the advantage to demon on this one, these are godlike in TW. However, i based this information on nearly nothing.

Phisical marrow

Max it. This skill is essencial in aoe grinding. Also when u are sure that u only face phisical dmg in pvp, and u need it(3+ BM/WB ganking u), may come useful. Pray awhile, that their genie wont hit with magic.

Sage version always increases phisical defense increases by 180%. – Have fun, grinding with 25k pdef at 90+.
    Demon version always reduces magical defense by 90% - Well this isnt bad either, bit less risky in pvp, but also worse in pve.

Sage wins.

Magical marrow

Now this skill needs an explanation. As BM u lack magic defense in pvp, and since u gotta get chi, u need to spam marrows. So basically, u will always have this skill on.

Until around 90, lvl3-5 marrow is fair enough. Mages dont hit like trucks, and u need the pdef to deal with archers, nixes.

After 90, u may consider getting it to lvl6-10. U will still have around 6-8k buffed pdef, which isnt bad, and ur magic defense will skyrocket. Yes, this makes u vulnerable to nix venos, but unless these have high refined armors, u wont have problems dealing with them.

Also learning lvl11 for both cultivation levels is a must. Basically ur best skills, which makes u able to tank just as much magic as a barb.

Sage version always increases magic defense increases by 180%. – Have fun, running around with 10k mdef(i love when most mages hit under 1k constantly.)
    Demon version always reduces physical defense by 90%. – This isnt bad either, but trading 30% pdef for 30% mdef?

Sage wins. Its a trade... loose 15% pdef, for 30% mdef. Damn good. (Counted in the extra 15% from sage bell)

Diamond sutra

Its basically a usefull skill, gets u back some HP for a spark. Good in pve situations, may save ur **** in pvp. I only have it like lvl6 or so thou.

Sage version has a 20% chance to recover an addtional 50% HP. – Well if triggers, thats damn nice, but i dont know any use for it in pvp(as u will be charmed, and cant count on that), and wouldnt waste a spark to risk this.
    Demon version gives a 10% increase to critical hit rate. – Not bad, if u willing to waste a spark for that, its nice to have.

Demon wins. I personally wouldnt use any of them.

Cloud sprint and boddhisatva

Just get them. Must-to.have skills.

Mage bane

Useless.

Spirit chaser

Unless u are a sword fan, i dont suggest using this skill. If u want to hit to range, use drakes ray, farstrike, smack.

Atmos strike

Unless ur main weapon path is sword(damn u must be an other mazohist), this skill is only needed for GV. For that purpose lvl4-6 is needed only.

If ur main path is sword, thats a cool skill for u. It hits damn hard, so may get useful in finishing targets. However, swords are interval based.

Sage version gives a 25% chance to gain 25 Chi. – Well not bad, but not much.
    Demon version gives a 50% chance to decrease enemy's evasion by 50% for 8 seconds. – Thats nice against archers, other bms.

Basically both has its use. I would rather choose demon version.

Myriad sword stance

One of best nukes in game. It hits hard as hell, and may save ur party in several PvE situation(GV, HH). Combine it with dragons in TW, and if it goes off, u will leave a graveyard, guaranteed. (Doesnt worth using unless u have zerk sword, or something what really hurts)

Sage version has a 50% chance to cast for only one Spark. – Its always nice to save a spark.
    Demon version gives a 50% chance to stun for 3 seconds. – If used well, that may be useful.

Well both has its use, from these i would choose sage version.

Piercing winds

The only possible use of this skill may be to aoe grind with poles. But dont. Just get axes. I know its possible, mobs will also hit u less, but takes longer to kill them, also takes more positioning. And at 90+ grindspot(third map), this isnt really working.

U want to use this in pvp? U really want to waste a spark for THAT? U mad?

Useless skill.

Farstrike

Welcome to the world of range. Ever wanted to purge like venos? Get hh99 purge spear, and use this! Its ur hardest hitting long ranged skill(considering lvl11), very useful in every situation.

Sage version increases bonus damage by 50% and base damage by 800. – Ur target is just screwed.
    Demon version increases range to 18 meters. – Not bad, but the extra 2 meter will come really helpful very rarely.

Sage wins by far.

Meteor rush

Thats a decent aoe skill, u will use for two things. One thing is GV again, u need level 5-7 for this. The other thing is trying to aoe purge, any level goes, u are not going for the damage.

Sage version gives a 50% chance to interrupt channeling. – Nice to have in TW.
    Demon version gives a 33% chance to stun for 5 seconds. – Nice aswell.

Well demon wins on this one, but dont be sad as sage either.

Glacial spike

Useless skill. If u want to amp use dragons, if u want to hit hard use myriad. If u want to waste 2 sparks for freezing everyones graphic card in vicinity, use this.

Demon version may look nice. I wouldnt use 2 spark for that. (Demon version gives a 50% chance to make all hits critical for the next 5 seconds.)

Drake bash

The skill which strikes fear into anyone under 8k pdef. Makes them pray for 6 seconds of survival, and for the bm to **** up with stuns.

Essential skill, hits hard, and stuns for 6 seconds. Consumes a spark, but thats worth it.

Sage version gives a 25% chance to cast without using Spark. – Its always nice to save a spark.
    Demon version extends stun time by 1.5 seconds. – With the right combo, gives u the ability to bring in 2 extra hits under same stun. Thats scary.

Demon wins.

Highland cleave

Ur hardest hitting AoE skill. Use this after dragon, zerk, and watch the graveyard u left behind.

Sage version gives a 25% chance to increase critical hit rate by 20% for 10 seconds. – Pretty cool to have it, very useful if triggers.
    Demon version gives a 20% chance to increase attack rate by 25% for 10 seconds. – Thats basically useless, use cyclone heel for that.

Sage wins by far.

Fissure

An other aoe skill, which makes u able to aoe grind, and slow targets in TW. Thats one of ur roles in TW, important skill.

Sage version reduces enemies Fire resistance by 30%. – WTF? I can imagine situations where this may be helpful, but to be honest these happen way too rarely.
    Demon version increases slow effect to 65%. – Have fun with this in TW.

Demon wins by far.

Heavens flame – dragon

Want to make everyone in 12 meter radious be scared for 6 seconds? Use this! Basically the best skill of bm, the uses of this are limitless in both pvp and pve.

Sage version increases Fire damage to 2000 over 6 seconds. – Thats a joke.
    Demon version increases damage over time to 100% of damage taken and increases duration to 9 seconds. – 3 extra seconds? The other skill i hate demons for. Sooo useful.

Demon wins by really far.

Vacious palm – useless skill.

Shadowless kick

Very useful skill, both pvp and pve. Since people dont use it in pvp, i will explain.

At 90+ ur targets will often use antistun potions, so their ultimate skills or three spark goes of uninterrupted. In this case u have two choice to interrupt them. One is smack, but it has long cooldown, may be reloading. The other one is using shadowless kick to cancel that damn bids, or tempest. (If they three spark antistunned, or something similar, just kite it.)

Also in TW when people antistun zhen/bb u gotta use this thing to interrupt them. Even if u dont have any fists, u can use it with no weapon equipped.

Sage version reduces cooldown to 10 seconds. – This skill will make most of HH bosses cry, since they usually cast every 10 seconds. Put a coin on this skill, and enjoy the show.
    Demon version grants area of effect. – I dont really know any decent use for this one.

Sage wins.

Cyclone heel

Very nice skill both pvp and pve. Must-to-have when using fists or swords.

Sage version increases bonus attack speed duration by 5 seconds. – Makes u able to cyclone before three spark.
    Demon version increases attack rate to 20%. – Makes u hit even faster...

Demon wins.

Drakes breath bash

Whatever u think about this skills descriptions... when i first red it i was like – okay, that will humiliate barbs and bms. The dmg isnt that rgeat, i tried it.

Useless skill.

Consider these and get whats best for u. If u cash shop a lot, i mean thousands, and can afford really high refines... go demon. Otherwise i would go sage.

Lvl79 and lvl100 skills

Smack

Really useful skill in both pvp and pve. Ranged, skill to interrupt casting and deal decent dmg. Also note the extremely low chanting time, and high cast. That means, that u will hit ur target in 0.2 after pressing skill, the effect(seal) will trigger than, and after that u cast for 1.7 second. Its basically a must-to-have skill, the list of uses is way too long to write.

Dragon bane

A very situatinal skill. It has few uses in pve, and very limited uses in pvp. Please note, that if u purify this with three spark, the result is really high dps, BUT u wasted all of ur chi. Thats good for dding at bosses. In pvp u can get an ep purify u(in tw, or group pvp), or purify with apo potion/genie. The effect is nice if u can get things done in the right way. However for sage bms who have highland cleave, i wouldnt suggest this. Better rely on highlands effect triggering, and save ur chi, and ability to purify.

Bolt of tyreseus

Freeze targets in range for 5 seconds, and basicly cuts their attributes in half, like channeling, etc. This skill has 2 flaw. It needs to be casted using fist, which means a fairly low damage output, whatever u do for single shot. The other problem is heavy chi cost. I personally would never use a spark for this skill, however in few situations it may be useful. Like few times in TW(having enough chi is a real issue here thou), and GV delta.

Buddhas guard

I have really no idea where could this skill help... Maybe in GV if things go wrong, but combined with 10 min cd, this skill looks fairly useless.

Flash

An other situational skill. If used at the right point, u can deal enormous damage. However the cooldown is depressing, and needs two sparks... I wouldnt recommend getting it, unless u are really rich.

Short leveling guide

First of all i dont like to see BMs killing mobs one by one, mainly magic, flying/swimming stuff. Thats just stupid.

1-39: These are the only levels u should be doing quests.
    39+ Now u can aoe grind.
    39-60 the little somethings south of sundown, schrunchkin warriors, berserkers, feligars at dragons end. Take 4-5 at a time, ur xp will still skyrocket.

60-72/74 – get a cleric and grind on seaweed thiefs. Basically u will only need cleric from 65-70. These are the only levels, u should let an ep leech on u.

72-82 Mobs at YKD(nightscream island) south and north.

82-85 wolves at land of burning heart.

85-87 snakes south of thousand streams city.

87-90 spiders west of intrepid camp.

90-105 third past.

How to aoe grind effectively, without cleric?

At first, why u want to solo grind?
    More money, xp in the same time. Easy.

Do i need a charm?
    NO! Waste!

Do i need potions? NO! The ones which drop will be surely enough.

What do i need then? Str genie with tree of protection, and life/mana regen potions. Use the highest ones u can.

When u aoe grind, there are two parts basically.

Luring: U gotta hit mobs frequently, so they dont reset. Thats different for every mob, i used to hit them over drake sweeps cooldown(use this skill for that, as its fast)

Destroying: position them, so ur fan of flames may hit all. Aoe stun, dragon, fan of flames, drake sweep, highlands cleave. The ones u didnt miss with dragons, and arent enchanced hp/pdef, are dead by now. Finish, than repeat. If mobs die even without fan of flames, just skip it.

Using blademaster in GV

The full GV gamma guide is located here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=329312

Its pretty much the same for delta, with 1 difference. In delta BM must knock mobs in, so abrb can stay and keep aggro. This will make u pass last wawes easier, also safer at earlier wawes. I wont write a GV delta guide thou, there are plenty of diffrences. As for BM, just get any sword and pole, and get the knockback skills lvl5.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Use of genies PvE and PvP wise

First of all. Dont get genie skills for 1-2 situations. The number of skills and the combinations are limited. Keep that in mind, and try to make ur genie as multi-functual as possible.

Dont learn skills which:

- Make u immune for a certain elemental damage. - Why? Simple. U will VERY rarely really need that. Basically only if the enemy mg/ep/wf three spark. Honestly in most of the situations u will eb able to wether kite it or to waste that spark in stunlock.

- Make u immune to bleed/remove bleed. Yes, when u have magic marrow a lvl100 nix can bleed up to 1.5k. Still, u should be able to catch the veno, and without the venos dmg, the nix will only keep ticking u. Learn to catch venos, dont waste genie skill for cauterise/blood clot/whatever.

U will want to learn skills to:

1. Enchance ur survivability.
    2. Extend ur stunlock/interrupt ur target.
    3.Deal damage

PvE wise:

Use STR/VIT/INT genie.

I will start this, since thats pretty easy.

Tree of protection: Full HP cheap and relative fast. Basically a must for everything.

Holy path: Max speed for short interval. With decent genie u can holy path/sprint continuosly. At higher levels the whole party is supposed to move fast, u will see. And as BMs go first in most situation, u need to be at least as fast as ur party. Must to have for every situation.

Tangling mire: aoe pdef decrease and slow. Very useful. Must for GV.

Relentless courage: Higher aps for 8 second. Its a good skill if u are sage fist user, and u have str genie.

Lightning chaser: Cancel targets channeling. Useful in many situation. Low energy/stamina cost, relatively high chance to interrupt.

Balance:
    enchances ur currently lower defense, and grants antistun status. Useful in GV.
    Forgot Alpha Male for PvE genie.
    Alpha male - may be useful in many situation, especially in GV, and unwined bhs.

PvP wise:

Use STR/VIT genie. Dont use dext/whatever, yes, i know that bramble rage ****. But other skills are fairly more useful. If u really want that, make an extra genie for that. But for TW/real pk use a str/vit one.

I would say that by endgame a 71+LP genie with around 100 str and 40-50 vit is good to settle with.

Red - MUST-TO-HAVE
    Green - very useful
    Blue - Alternative

Tree of protection: Did ur charm tick with heavy incoming damage? Free ride till the next tick. Mostly.

Tangling mire: Lowers pdef, aoe effect. At endgame thats ur chance to kill BMs, Barbs, CS mages. Also, combined with dragon and highland, leaves a graveyard.

Occult ice:
    Stuns ur target for 6 seconds, with chance. With high str its kinda reliable. Useful for safely extending stunlock, and catching targets, since it has a short range. Most useful skill for BM imo.

Cloud eruption: grants a good nuch of chi. Only advised for OP genie.

True emptiness: Awesome skill. U have the option to oneshot most of LA/AA targets with this when combined with dragons, also u can spam it with nearly no energy for an OP shield. REALLY useful in both way.

Lightning chaser/earthquake - interrupts target. First one better for pk, second for TW. Only advised for OP genie.

Wind shield - increases aps, and reduces damage taken. Low cooldown, low energy cost, 10 aps, what else u want as fist user? No need to take time for cyclone(2s), just press this, and watch ur target dropping.

Extreme poson - increases damage taken by a single target. 50 energy isnt much either, u can genie stun and use this + wind shield with average genie. However, u gotta check what brakepoint u reach with this thing.

Frenzy - i would recommend using this, only as demon fist user. Risky skill, but very good to take 95+ barbs and bms down.

Impact - this is a decent alternative to tangling mire, if u only use it on single targets. Deals decent dmg, and lowers defense with fair amount.

Relentless courage
    - its hard to use this skill in pvp, but if u can make that happen, definitely worth it. Gives very high increase in aps, but consumes 140 energy. Need op genie, or perfect timing skills

Skills BMs tend to use, but shouldnt:

Absolute domain - its just isnt designed for bms. we arent squishies who can really take advantage of this skill. very high energy cost, makes ur abilities limited.

Balance -
    high energy cost is the main problem, for exchanging defenses for a short period. doesnt worth it at all. (in pvp)

Few combos with genies:

Important.
    a hell fist user should never use wind sheild after 3 spark...quicken buffs dont stack

Against barb/bm in air:

aoe stun, tangling, dragon, highland, true emptiness, aelian blade

Against anything else in air:

aoe stun, dragon, highland, true emptiness, aelian blade

Fisting bm/barb:

aoe stun, wind shield + normal attack + tangling + extreme poison, timed genie stun normal attacks, than timed drake bash

Fisting anything else:

aoe stun, wind shield + normal attack + extreme poison, timed genie stun normal attacks, than timed drake bash

Executing three spark:

Aoe stun - Three spark - normal attack + wind shield + tangling/extreme - timed genie stun ...

U can replace wind shield with cyclone heel, depends on ur breakpoints, and that how long ur target will last, that which one is better. (holy shet, how u say that sentence in ingles correctly)

The art of stunlocking, and killing, with using muliple weapons:

This little guidance will be here for these, without demon drake bash. The difference is putting in 2 extra skills, shouldnt be a problem to adapt.

The use of different weapons, and skills to use:

Axe - expanding stunlock, using for spike dmg if no decent fist(drake bash, if no fist than: tiger maw, fan of flames, oceans edge, drake sweep, draw blood)
    Pole - purge(normal attack)
    Sword - By standard wether u use swords or axes or fists to dps. If u a sword fan, and no decent fist, u may use this to dps. (myriad, atmos strike, and skills listed at axes as all weapon skills)
    Fist - DPS(cyclone heel)

Basic idea of stunlocking:

If u were only using axes it would look like that:

1. Aoe stun(from meleee range, so u dont loose time, getting to ur target)

2. 3 swift skill - Can be anything, in total their time should take something from around 5.2-5.7 seconds(depends on ur ping basically)

3. Drake bash

4. repeat step 2

5. aelian blade and maybe genie stun

6. one swift skill

7. repeat

With using multiple weapons, u can bring that to a next level. Purging is only avalaible from 99, but in few cases its really useful. Just skip that if u dont have the spear.

1. Aoe stun(get to melee range first!)

2. Use cyclone heel

3. Normal attack with fist(or axes or swords...) OR purge pole for about 3.5 second(common sense: use purge spear if target need to get purged)

4. drake bash

5 repeat point 3.

6. use aelian blade or genie stun

7. use one swift skill

8. repeat

What u got by switching weapons awhile? U can still stunlock, but with fairly better dps, and the ability to purge, and more chi.
    with stacked interval fists you actually gain cchi while stunlocking

More to come soon. Sorry for posting in many piece, its easier to handle like that.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    kind of a meh guide provides a good gear path setup but not much else

no real complaints though please update and delve a little deaper into the process of being a all weapon bm

try to add recomended skill builds geni builds favorie combos pvp and pve strategies the USES OF EACH WEAPON the way to play each weapon what each path gets from sage/demon and please fix your gramar guides should be fluid and easy to read

other than that nice work and i hope you make this an ongoing project dont expect anything to come from it otherwise

b:bye

edit: cyclone heel at sage or demon will only ever give-.05 intervals due to break points demon spark really is needed for 5 aps since it gives a full -.1
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    kind of a meh guide provides a good gear path setup but not much else

no real complaints though please update and delve a little deaper into the process of being a all weapon bm

try to add recomended skill builds geni builds favorie combos pvp and pve strategies the USES OF EACH WEAPON the way to play each weapon what each path gets from sage/demon and please fix your gramar guides should be fluid and easy to read

other than that nice work and i hope you make this an ongoing project dont expect anything to come from it otherwise

b:bye

edit: cyclone heel at sage or demon will only ever give-.05 intervals due to break points demon spark really is needed for 5 aps since it gives a full -.1

As my last post writes there will be more to come, dont worry.

Having 5 aps may be nice, but as for pvp its rarely necessary.

I cant fix my grammar, my ingles is just bad like that QQ
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As my last post writes there will be more to come, dont worry.

Having 5 aps may be nice, but as for pvp its rarely necessary.

I cant fix my grammar, my ingles is just bad like that QQ

ah thanks lol

5aps is kinda the holy grail of fist bm's its what we all go for but few ever reach so anything that brings you closer is nice imo

and sry bout that didnt realize english wasnt yor first launguageb:surrender

edit: a few ideas for your gear section theres a DQ wrist mold that grants -.1 verry good for fisters and if you can lay your hands on a sting of thorns fists are by far the easiest path from 30-50
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nice work. Actually one of those guides that doesn't say fists suck.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and sry bout that didnt realize english wasnt yor first launguageb:surrender

edit: a few ideas for your gear section theres a DQ wrist mold that grants -.1 verry good for fisters and if you can lay your hands on a sting of thorns fists are by far the easiest path from 30-50

Yes, i am hungarian and i hate english.

that bracer is mentioned, i refer to it as "the light armor mold with interval."

sting of thorn is cash shop weapon, also i dont think that 30-50 may cause problems to anyone. if we want to go to extreme, eagles claw with quicken should be best single target annihilator till like lvl60.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8274
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    that five hits per second really owns,... ;-)
    even FOR BARBS :DDD

(look at the DD topic in barb section,... SICK youtube vid there,... demonspark-hit-hit-hit-...-repeat XD like almost constantly demonsparkd,... :SSS TT bosses really hate ppl like that,... ;-) )
    i wnna see a fistie do that too,... ;-)

other than that,... very nice guide,... can a mod sticky this plZ???
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Great guide. This should be stickied.
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Foot:

Till 90 just get any boots with some hp and sockets. I personally went with an hh70 boot what i got from pk drop.

At 90 hh90 green is the way to go.

For endgame, get hh99. The past boots are waste for bm, the only really nice thing on it is the critical – and as bm u dont really need that. Nice addition but none of ur goals.

Lv 95 Scribe Shoes mold is also good for 95-98. It adds more Vit then HH90 green, adds 5-6 dex, and has slightly higher hp from refines.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lv 95 Scribe Shoes mold is also good for 95-98. It adds more Vit then HH90 green, adds 5-6 dex, and has slightly higher hp from refines.

If u get it on a run its okay, it isnt bad. But otherwise it doesnt worth the effort to get it.

hh90 is perfect till 99.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    can u take postition to my questions , i need to discuss if its like i think.

First of all i use pole as main but i use all other weapons for soem skills

Mage bane

Useless?

why useless? is it not good for 1vs1 against mag user ? or to hit archer for 100%?

Piercing winds

Useless?

Is the dmg not good + bleed effect and maybe combo with draw blood lvl 11? More for 1vs1 against mag users or mobs

Glacial Spike also useless?

I do more dmg when i have pole as main and lvl 11 sage pole mastery (includes that my pole is better than the sword i have and more refine) than Myriad Sword Stance?

Zerk Blade for using it sometimes is not worth it or? and should i get lvl 10 sword mastery for using it ?

Is Spirit Chaser not better than Drakes Ray ? 12m range is better and is the dmg not a bit better than Drakes Ray even if i dont have lvl 11 sword mastery ?

What Axe should i use for dragons ? Currently I have the supply stash axe for the effect not the dmg of the hit. Should i get another axe and if so which one and I dont need lvl 10 axe mastery for dragons + drakes bash?

Should i get Physical marrow lvl 11 for grinding or is lvl 10 enough?

Is lvl 11 Magical marrow a must and what lvl i should get if i cant get sage Golden Bell (very very hard to get i heard)?

great guide , u can also add the lvl 79 and lvl 100 skills :O would be nice
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    can u take postition to my questions , i need to discuss if its like i think.

First of all i use pole as main but i use all other weapons for soem skills

Mage bane

Useless?

why useless? is it not good for 1vs1 against mag user ? or to hit archer for 100%?

Not for the cost of a spark. That makes it useless.

Piercing winds

Useless?

Is the dmg not good + bleed effect and maybe combo with draw blood lvl 11? More for 1vs1 against mag users or mobs

Bleed effect is pretty much useless in pvp, on 9x it wont tick anything. The dmaage is also avrage, bleed dmg cant zerk/crit, and wastes a spark again. Waste.

Glacial Spike also useless?

I do more dmg when i have pole as main and lvl 11 sage pole mastery (includes that my pole is better than the sword i have and more refine) than Myriad Sword Stance?

Glacial will never out damage myriad, considering similar grade and refine weapon.

Zerk Blade for using it sometimes is not worth it or? and should i get lvl 10 sword mastery for using it ?

If u use swords, get mastery to 10 at least, ofc.

Is Spirit Chaser not better than Drakes Ray ? 12m range is better and is the dmg not a bit better than Drakes Ray even if i dont have lvl 11 sword mastery ?

Its not worth switching for that, if u want range, use farstrike.

What Axe should i use for dragons ? Currently I have the supply stash axe for the effect not the dmg of the hit. Should i get another axe and if so which one and I dont need lvl 10 axe mastery for dragons + drakes bash?

U should get GXs, they are good enough for endgame axe in most case. Also get mastery 10.

Should i get Physical marrow lvl 11 for grinding or is lvl 10 enough?

10 is enough, 11 is nice to have

Is lvl 11 Magical marrow a must and what lvl i should get if i cant get sage Golden Bell (very very hard to get i heard)?

I used lvl11 m marrow without sage bell for like a month and i was fine with it. Its ur decision, if u want to do better against mages or nixes/eas.

great guide , u can also add the lvl 79 and lvl 100 skills :O would be nice

These will be included soon.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well i use pole as main and wont get zerk sword or zerk axes (GX) with high refine because i cant afford all that. I use Axe for the dragons effect and Drakes Bash so my question was do i really need good axes and lvl 10 mastery for the both effects?

same with glacial spike and myriad. i cant get a very good sword with high refine to have the dmg advantage of myriad
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well i use pole as main and wont get zerk sword or zerk axes (GX) with high refine because i cant afford all that. I use Axe for the dragons effect and Drakes Bash so my question was do i really need good axes and lvl 10 mastery for the both effects?

same with glacial spike and myriad. i cant get a very good sword with high refine to have the dmg advantage of myriad

than dont use myriad, if no sword.

also dont use glacial, use dragon instead.

u can get along without any good axes, but if u ever want to pvp/tw seriously u will need gx. the extra dmg coming from expanding stuns is really needed.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Demon Drake's Sweep is actually worse than advertised. I tried it out on seaspray thieves, around 10+ each time. I would demon drake sweep 3 times, and I'd get around 1 every 30+ hits, sometimes 2. This was pretty consistent, and only rarely would I get a nice 90 chi when doing it. It acts more like a 20% chance to trigger, followed by a 20% chance to proc; making it out to roughly 4% chance for the 30 chi. Not sure if other people have had more luck, but this was a disappointment to what I thought it would give.

Cyclone Heel will sometimes be better sage than demon, depends on what amount of -interval is currently worn. Breakpoints allow sage to be more useful at times.

Also, the extra -interval that can be had from recasting the leggings may change things on the fist/claw front as well. Should reduce the penalty sage's have from their advanced spark, and possibly allow it to break even with demon path for tanking purposes.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options

Cyclone Heel will sometimes be better sage than demon, depends on what amount of -interval is currently worn. Breakpoints allow sage to be more useful at times.

Also, the extra -interval that can be had from recasting the leggings may change things on the fist/claw front as well. Should reduce the penalty sage's have from their advanced spark, and possibly allow it to break even with demon path for tanking purposes.

i couldnt get any good fist yet, so i didnt take my time trying breakpoints, but yea that may work.

thx for input on drake sweep. will add.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Anus - Harshlands
    Anus - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    quote being messy >_<

be back after dinner :D
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Added 79, 100 skills, guide to stunlocking, and few little change.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    think you might want to add in that

demon meteor rush can be used as a somwhat risky but high payoff starter to stunlock

its possbal to stunlock and hell spark fist at the same time

with drakes or RoTP its a good idea to start the skill right before the end of the stun due to their long channel/cast times

smack if its not in CD is a far better stunlock bridge than aleion for comperable damage (unless sage then ya aleions a physical nuke)

a list of "fast" skill to help noobies would be nice

also BOLT can deal absolutely rediculous damage if 2 or 3 sparked but thats a huge chi burn its realy at its best vs multiple LA AA or low vit bad geard heavy targets it also has the benifit of locking them all in place with next to 0 offencive capabilities will of bolshi can be used to purify its debuff and well...whatever DIDNT die is now locked in place for you to beat to death or flip to axes for the remainder of your spark

it can also be used as a bridge in place of aleion in stunlock and even when one spark cast should still pack a hefty punch

also unleess they have stacked - interval and are vs a barb or psycic its probly not going to be worth it to purge just 3 spark and fist/stunlock will probobly take em out also without high level cyclone autoatack with spear would allow less attacks than fast skill spam

my thoughts take em or leave emb:chuckle

and ty for the guide verry usefull so far keep updating please
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

demon meteor rush can be used as a somwhat risky but high payoff starter to stunlock

with drakes or RoTP its a good idea to start the skill right before the end of the stun due to their long channel/cast times

smack if its not in CD is a far better stunlock bridge than aleion for comperable damage (unless sage then ya aleions a physical nuke)

also BOLT can deal absolutely rediculous damage if 2 or 3 sparked but thats a huge chi burn its realy at its best vs multiple LA AA or low vit bad geard heavy targets it also has the benifit of locking them all in place with next to 0 offencive capabilities will of bolshi can be used to purify its debuff and well...whatever DIDNT die is now locked in place for you to beat to death or flip to axes for the remainder of your spark

it can also be used as a bridge in place of aleion in stunlock and even when one spark cast should still pack a hefty punch

also unleess they have stacked - interval and are vs a barb or psycic its probly not going to be worth it to purge just 3 spark and fist/stunlock will probobly take em out also without high level cyclone autoatack with spear would allow less attacks than fast skill spam

Risking a 33% chance stun is none of my advice.

That chi gaining thing is good information for newbies, will put in sometimes.

I dont recommend three sparking and stunlocking. Get fists which can kill ur opponent without three spark :)). Very risky burn of chi. However combos with three spark and heavens flame coming soon.

if u noticed the numbers i sad in stunlock, thats included. however u cant say anything exact, since ping vary, and it adds up on skills. like i play with 400 msi.

its right at axes, what skills to use to dps.

Actually smakc is riskier. U seal for 2-3 seconds, but ur casting already waste 1.7 seconds from it. Combine it with the fact, that ur opponent can drop aero, shrink or leap or whatever....

thats partly true, i am still not the fan of using a spark for that. i dont have this skill yet, i may try out in few weeks.(just got my deicide : )) )

i just realised how messy this post is.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    Susanno - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

what you said is true but just one thing!
    have you any idea about how much physical defense and hp a veno or a wizard can have at 90+ and especially with those **** event gears the amount they get with buffs is ridiculous some of them have more pdef than bms lol so purging is almost always useful, and i'm only talking about their own buffs so imagine with wb, bm and cleric buffs, and in tws there's always a base buffer so they all have full buffs, yes a bm's job in tw is not to care about dd but still purging an overpowered wizzie or even the cata puller wb is always useful and it's sometimes the only way to take them down lol!!

very nice guide Hippie!! :) can't wait for the combos guide ^^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what you said is true but just one thing!
    have you any idea about how much physical defense and hp a veno or a wizard can have at 90+ and especially with those **** event gears the amount they get with buffs is ridiculous some of them have more pdef than bms lol so purging is almost always useful, and i'm only talking about their own buffs so imagine with wb, bm and cleric buffs, and in tws there's always a base buffer so they all have full buffs, yes a bm's job in tw is not to care about dd but still purging an overpowered wizzie or even the cata puller wb is always useful and it's sometimes the only way to take them down lol!!

very nice guide Hippie!! :) can't wait for the combos guide ^^

10k+ easily

but thats assuming full buffs

if anyones fully buffed yes its definitly a good idea to purge em
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Glacial spike is far from useless in my opinion. While it may not be as good as an amplify damage, a -50% m.def AND p.def for 10 seconds is very good in not only TW, but also AoE parties and bosses. The skills will still hit harder.

Regarding the demon version, that honestly surprises me. While a 50/50 chance to make all criticals for the next, what was it 5, 10 seconds? That's absolutely amazing. Think of it like this.

Glacial spark an enemy, if it's L.armor or robe it should tick their charm or come DANG close to it seeing as teh demon version deals 100% weapon dmg + base physical damage + another 8k dmg. On top of reducing both M.def and P.def for 10 seconds by half.

Now, let's follow through with that and say you pop a spark pot. Switch to a blade, myriad and yeah. GG anything in your path. THe lower defense merged with the crit? That's an instant kill if you have a level 10 myriad and if you have a demon myriad that's even worse because that's another 8k + 200% weapon damage coming RIGHT at them with a reduced defense. Seriously, people no longer think with strategies anymore. It's all "ME AXE! ME SMASH" syndrome anymore. [Sigh.] There are alternatives to just the 500% dmg. Sometimes a dual spark combo would be better. While it's not always available, I"m just saying theres more to things than that.

Edit: I forgot to speak, depending you could single spark with a spark pot seeing as 3 sparks actually gives you 399 chi (which is 4 sparks because the hit will boost you up to 2 sparks again) so if you single spark, hit, dual spark, pot and then dual spark again, that's both of those skills at a 150% extra damage..Yeaaah..
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Glacial spike is far from useless in my opinion. While it may not be as good as an amplify damage, a -50% m.def AND p.def for 10 seconds is very good in not only TW, but also AoE parties and bosses. The skills will still hit harder.

Regarding the demon version, that honestly surprises me. While a 50/50 chance to make all criticals for the next, what was it 5, 10 seconds? That's absolutely amazing. Think of it like this.

Glacial spark an enemy, if it's L.armor or robe it should tick their charm or come DANG close to it seeing as teh demon version deals 100% weapon dmg + base physical damage + another 8k dmg. On top of reducing both M.def and P.def for 10 seconds by half.

Now, let's follow through with that and say you pop a spark pot. Switch to a blade, myriad and yeah. GG anything in your path. THe lower defense merged with the crit? That's an instant kill if you have a level 10 myriad and if you have a demon myriad that's even worse because that's another 8k + 200% weapon damage coming RIGHT at them with a reduced defense. Seriously, people no longer think with strategies anymore. It's all "ME AXE! ME SMASH" syndrome anymore. [Sigh.] There are alternatives to just the 500% dmg. Sometimes a dual spark combo would be better. While it's not always available, I"m just saying theres more to things than that.

Edit: I forgot to speak, depending you could single spark with a spark pot seeing as 3 sparks actually gives you 399 chi (which is 4 sparks because the hit will boost you up to 2 sparks again) so if you single spark, hit, dual spark, pot and then dual spark again, that's both of those skills at a 150% extra damage..Yeaaah..

U may explain me why will ur target wait and see as u do all that shet? since u wasted all ur chi and a genei stun wont be long enough?

also sparks dont stack, but cancel each other.

Becouse of dimishing return formulas, defense reduction is NOWHERE near its actual percent. 50% defense reduction on a full buffed 9x target my cause to take 10-20% more dmg, speaking of decent geared people. Even with demon version, if u have 50% to crit after, u are fairly behind dragon, since its 100% ampolified damage which basicly means 100% chance to double ur dmg, and it also stacks if u crit.

so the thing which makes it useless, is the low damage enchancment. EVEN combined with the chance to crit after for 5 seconds.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so the thing which makes it useless, is the low damage enchancment. EVEN combined with the chance to crit after for 5 seconds.

GS isnt totally useless since once you get 3 sparks you can stack it with HF.

Granted its not a 1 v 1 PvP combo you would use , but for when you are working with others in squads, wether thats PvP (ie: TW) or PvE (ie: aoeing in FF ) its a killer.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Risking a 33% chance stun is none of my advice.

That chi gaining thing is good information for newbies, will put in sometimes.

I dont recommend three sparking and stunlocking. Get fists which can kill ur opponent without three spark :)). Very risky burn of chi. However combos with three spark and heavens flame coming soon.

if u noticed the numbers i sad in stunlock, thats included. however u cant say anything exact, since ping vary, and it adds up on skills. like i play with 400 msi.

its right at axes, what skills to use to dps.

Actually smakc is riskier. U seal for 2-3 seconds, but ur casting already waste 1.7 seconds from it. Combine it with the fact, that ur opponent can drop aero, shrink or leap or whatever....

thats partly true, i am still not the fan of using a spark for that. i dont have this skill yet, i may try out in few weeks.(just got my deicide : )) )

i just realised how messy this post is.

Damage on bolt is really not that great... I triple sparked and used it, did 2.2k dmg on someone with 7.1k phys def. I could've just auto attacked and did the same amount of damage in 1 second.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    just a question,... can veno purge also kill ur spark eruption??? (posting it here since im kinda wondering in pvp, if i see a fister use 3spark, if i should purge him or just holypath away,... XD )
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rinuruc wrote: »
    just a question,... can veno purge also kill ur spark eruption??? (posting it here since im kinda wondering in pvp, if i see a fister use 3spark, if i should purge him or just holypath away,... XD )

as long as you don't hit the resist part of the animation i'm pretty sure it does