Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    YAY! THEY ARE BACK!

*returning to his Christmas events on that other game he is playing*

yep.

Love PW, but how could you miss CHRISTMAS! xD b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PWI needs to cap aution house gold prices. Simplest way is to add a NPC that sales gold at a fixed amount. That would force the auction house sellers to compete for lower prices.

Gold costs real money. So in practice, you are suggesting that PWI gives out free money. Also, considering how many players there are, you're either looking at overpricing this NPC gold, at which it will be pointless, or underpricing it, which means that the charging of zen will plummet to an all-time low.

Really, there is no perfect value for it. An amount that sounds insane to a lvl 40 player might be just a few minutes of grinding for a lvl 90 player. Or a price that is fair to a lvl 40 player will be dirty cheap to a lvl 90 player. And you know what? Most of the cash shoppers are in the 90s.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PWI needs to cap aution house gold prices

There is already a cap on gold price, we just did not hit it yet ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009

yeah the cap is like 1 mil right?
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009

OH GAWD, your kidding??? b:shocked
    b:surrender Omg, thats insane... I do not want to hit it..

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Daedron - Sanctuary
    Daedron - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol well its simple really they tried to maintain thier cashflow with about 20000000 new packs but they just werent having the same affect. Anni packs are the big cash cow and perfect world isn't going let it go for anything. Makes no sense raging over something that is so blatantly obvious. Gotta love that human greed ey. I for one am just really appreciative that I was able to play this game and enjoy it all this time without giving one dime to these greedy greedy people.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O_O I don't know what people have a problem with anni packs for 500k for gold is sustainable. b:surrender Should have to work for that mount lol. Despite it bringing up gold prices it brings jiazoi's into the game and I for one wouldn't trade those tasty little buggers for anything. Since there isn't any other way to get them I welcome them back I was running out anyway I am going to stock up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll laugh if they release the Christmas event now and say it was just a joke...Complainers will feel pretty silly. I'd also laugh if there really was no event whatsoever and the whiners end up with nothing like they deserve...I win either way...I love Christmas.

See...I just found a gift myself for Christmas...Thanks PWI :D
    Not hyping ideas just to disappoint myself ftw!
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I'll laugh if they release the Christmas event now and say it was just a joke...Complainers will feel pretty silly. I'd also laugh if there really was no event whatsoever and the whiners end up with nothing like they deserve...I win either way...I love Christmas.

See...I just found a gift myself for Christmas...Thanks PWI :D

haha woo! i like you!

But seriously, we get anni packs and a ruined economy for Christmas.... I know they need money, but c'mon now....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    haha woo! i like you!

But seriously, we get anni packs and a ruined economy for Christmas.... I know they need money, but c'mon now....

Thats a very negative outlook on it. Think instead what anni packs contain and perahps think that they could still activate a event perhaps even on x-mas. Its too soon to tell. ^^ but I suppose I don't count I like anni packs and I haven't charged a cent ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Eh a ruined economy is better then no economy and it usually fixes itself...eventually >.> I don't dabble in that stuff yet so it doesn't effect me yet anywho. If it really is horrible I could see why some people might be upset but the forum spam seems too over the top to be rational XD
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am glad that we can all enjoy 100% of this game for free if you so choose to.

Many other so called Free to play do not give you full access to all areas unless you pay the company.

Annipacks make the company money and help it stay F2P for the rest of us.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I am glad that we can all enjoy 100% of this game for free if you so choose to.

Many other so called Free to play do not give you full access to all areas unless you pay the company.

hmm 75 veno... how much have u bought out of the cash shop? any shiny hercs or nixes?? Yes I LOVE that you "technically" don't have to spend any real money, but ppl who say this are normally some of the top spenders xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have purchased 50gold since you asked.

I wish I had more money so I could get the legendary pets but alas I don't have that privilage so I am gonna have to work my butt of for in-game coins to get one.

Once again, I am glad that people spend money on the game so it can be enjoyed 100% for free.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited December 2009
    People that actually pay for this game may have a slight right to be upset about certain aspects of the game changing...People like me that don't yet might want to try to enjoy the freeness XD As stated...If PWI doesn't get the money they need...Bye bye PWI or frequent updates.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This thread is pointless, like the previous one. Just whole bunch of Q_Q.
    b:dirty
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank you PWI for bringing back the packs. Hopefully I will be able to get many more shards. You have my business.

Regards
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    This thread is pointless, like the previous one. Just whole bunch of Q_Q.

QQ is the way of the future :)

Plus where is the line between "QQ" and "constructive criticism" drawn? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited December 2009
    I think we need a Christmasy group hug :3 *opens my arms wide*
  • WizaII - Sanctuary
    WizaII - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=1130021

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

wiz, ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thnx to xRiptidex for the draw, to Kieve for the color, and to ForsakenX for the sig, ^^ b:thanks
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't mind the anniversary packs (change the name). I don't even mind they keep coming and going. Here is what I do mind::

Account Stash stones.. really? Like spending all the money to max your inventory and bank doesn't count? Those who spent the money to do that should automatically got the Stash features. Is there anything they will let us have as reward for spending money?

Lack of events, IN GAME events. This is the ONLY game I ever played where there were no events at least once a week. At this point, once a month. Really tired of sales being considered events. Have a sale and an event.. win/win.

The rules being changed. Sick of it. Playing this game is worse than the stock market. Every day there is something new to contend with in the way of how this game operates. We need stability from the people who run it. A good example would be ::: they don't release new clothing items except the first tuesday of every month:::! This would give the player base some stabilty, leaving us where we know what to expect.

I also mind the fact that anymore nothing is taboo. There are members of the community in game and on the forums allowed to break the rules and be very lewd and nothing is done. You ask how do I know nothing is done? I see the same people doing the same thing over and over again. Thats how.

These are a few things that I personally have problems with. Not specifically the anni packs. For those who say quit crying, I say get off your high horse and start trying to enjoy the game for what it is in regards to playing something without loads of money being poured into it, like the rest of us.
    edited December 2009
    I havn't even logged in to check what Anni packs give out...Someone care to fill me in?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I don't mind the anniversary packs (change the name). I don't even mind they keep coming and going. Here is what I do mind::

Account Stash stones.. really? Like spending all the money to max your inventory and bank doesn't count? Those who spent the money to do that should automatically got the Stash features. Is there anything they will let us have as reward for spending money?

Lack of events, IN GAME events. This is the ONLY game I ever played where there were no events at least once a week. At this point, once a month. Really tired of sales being considered events. Have a sale and an event.. win/win.

The rules being changed. Sick of it. Playing this game is worse than the stock market. Every day there is something new to contend with in the way of how this game operates. We need stability from the people who run it. A good example would be ::: they don't release new clothing items except the first tuesday of every month:::! This would give the player base some stabilty, leaving us where we know what to expect.

I also mind the fact that anymore nothing is taboo. There are members of the community in game and on the forums allowed to break the rules and be very lewd and nothing is done. You ask how do I know nothing is done? I see the same people doing the same thing over and over again. Thats how.

These are a few things that I personally have problems with. Not specifically the anni packs. For those who say quit crying, I say get off your high horse and start trying to enjoy the game for what it is in regards to playing something without loads of money being poured into it, like the rest of us.

EXACTLY! I've been saying stuff like this since the start xD
    I have noticed that on the loading screens, with the "Tips," it talked about clicking a calendar button next to the minimap to see upcomming events, I don't think there is one, but there could be hope?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009

There had been some events in the past. The problem was that the GMs/admins were unable to think of anything else beside events that gathered most of the server population into one tiny point of the map. That spelling distaster for the majority of people because they lagged so much the things was unplayable. Thus most people complained, and they stopped doing them. Most of the real events in PW are preprogrammed one, like horserace, TW, Dragon Palace, etc...

Problem is many of those events are bugged and has been disabled, and it don't looks like they'll be fixed anytime soon (some have been closed for years now...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Honestly, the game itself has stopped being as fun as it used to be. Instead of events, and celebrations, having a good time, all we get treated to is another attempt to reach into our pocket. As much as I hated my old MMO due to various reasons, every single recognized holiday had an event. There were no "Sales" no BS, no grabs at your wallet. But then, there was no cash shop either. You had to work for everything. And the F2P players were seperate from the P2P players by complete servers. You could play that game completely free, or, you could pay a monthly fee, and explore a much larger map with a ton more quests. Here's the funny thing, though. In the time I played it, over a course of a few years, I still never finished every free quest. But that was a game. Events, fun, and celebrations, not sales, lies, and various moneygrabs. It's funny. I checked my old MMO's website. You better believe they have a Christmas Event going on, and a hell of a lot of people are probably enjoying it. That is what a game is supposed to be about. Your customers, the players, enjoying your game. Look around. You see many happy people? If this was really a good thing, you'd see as many positive people as the negative ones. *sigh* Just another Perfect Fail.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There had been some events in the past. The problem was that the GMs/admins were unable to think of anything else beside events that gathered most of the server population into one tiny point of the map. That spelling distaster for the majority of people because they lagged so much the things was unplayable. Thus most people complained, and they stopped doing them. Most of the real events in PW are preprogrammed one, like horserace, TW, Dragon Palace, etc...

Problem is many of those events are bugged and has been disabled, and it don't looks like they'll be fixed anytime soon (some have been closed for years now...)

So you are saying...

They can't create an instance (where no lag occurs) where there are giant snowmen as mobs, and upon reaching the end a level appropriate giant Christmas Tree or Santa spawns for you to kill.

Upon death it drops all kinds of goodies (again lvl appropriate)?

That would be epic win/win.

It would also be awesome if all the mobs turned into christmas themed things for Christmas (or any event). Like snowmen, candy canes, poinsettas, hot chocolate mugs, santa, elves.. etc...

They had all year to plan for christmas.... so the "expansion" isn't an excuse. However; we've gone off topic.

I feel the anniversary packs are just another pack. They themselves aren't the problem. I've said my piece on this prior in another post. I'll be done with it .. for now.
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... infinite years later

Player A. Are they gone for GOOD yet? Or at least stay true to there name? ANNIVERSARY pack?

Player B. Nope, and gold prices are at a all time high. :/

Player A. Oh goody... I get to live another thousand years of playing the game, and have nothing to show for it. ;/

Player B. lol yea I know, despite all the arguments about them returning on the forums, yet again, they continue to come back at odd times, and people are NOT liking it one bit. I should have went to that other game that promises to stay true to there word, QQ.

/end the sad attempt to be funny.

Anyways in all seriousness, will these ever stay gone until the TWO year anniversary comes around? I am sick and tired of the gold prices being more then 400k, I know I dont have to pay that, which I dont plan on it, but seriously there is something I would like to eventually have, before I die and my brain gives out due to the re-re-re introduction of these packs. <<
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No one got banned. Other mmorpg names listed in this thread have not been removed. I honestly don't think a GM is monitoring this thread at all.

I couldn't blame them. I think poor Spoons probably had a heart attack when he found out about the Packs coming back. Probably afraid of losing his job if he says something negative about them too. Here's to you, Spoons. I know your job sucks, but just keep doing what you do, man.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    looks like its time to make me an Anti-anniversary sig too and post it so every1 can just copy and paste :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss