Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!

Options

Comments

• Irenka - Heavens Tear
    Irenka - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I've only just encountered this problem, it didn't happen on my radeon X1600 or on my laptop (it's a mobility radeon HD2600) but I upgraded my pc to a HD3850X2 and now it happens... I did change most of my computer at the same time and I'm now on windows 7 from XP so it's a serious overhall. It seems to only happen on the select and create screens and not ingame. Hope this helps... somehow, I know pc dev can be a pain, gotta love thousands of compatability issues, good luck finding the issue.
  • ShylynnRider - Sanctuary
    ShylynnRider - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay, is it Just me, or has anyone else noticed that the girl's hair is consistently missing half the time both in game, and always on the sign in screen where you chose who you want to play at any given time? The Only one of my char that almost always seems to have her hair now is my veno... the others are all missing, but it was not like this before the last update/patch. Any comments, thoughts, etc? No, Ive not made any other changes to my settings on pc, game or otherwise. Just the updated patch. Thx, Shy
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    check your file instead of start teh game next time you open the launcher, it will take a while but will fix and/or redownload missing/corrupted files
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    or simply turn off refraction. It worked for my BM :)
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Refraction is not on and hasnt been. I will try to run a.. verification, is what I guess you mean Pequette? Hopefully that will fix it, becuase its truly annoying to not see your hair in the char menu and then half the time in game when those are the times you would normally see it (I do understand running thru a waterfall for instance makes it disappear a moment, I mean normal times). Will post an update as to if this corrects it, TIA Shy
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nope, that didnt help either. GM's, any advice plz? Or anyone else? TIA, Shy
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Bald/hair glitch - Report here please!
    New update Sept 29, 2009 below.

Hello PWI players.

To help us narrow down which races and hair styles this is affecting, we would like you help from those of you experiencing the issue so that we can pass it along to the developers ASAP.

Please post a screenshot of your issue.

Let us know what race & gender you are.

Let us know what hairstyle you have if you know. (You can check your .ini file for the info.)

Tell us what video chipset your PC has and the driver version number.

\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character then find the one for your character.

Open the ini file in Notepad, scroll down to

[Hair]
    idHairModel = ???
    idHairTex = ???

Copy that info into your post so we have the numbers of the hairstyles and textures.

Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated.

====

Updated Sept 22, 2009 11:13am:

This is ONLY for the players who have gotten the glitch to go away by changing their water settings...

Please send them as a ticket to Tech Support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Include with your ticket email as attachments:

1) Your screenshots of changing the effect on and off (proving that changing the setting works).

2) Your dxdiag txt. file.

3) Put "Darthpanda16 - hair glitch research" in the subject line of your email, and put it as a "Miscellaneous" issue.

We are compiling this information and researching this with QA so that the devs have more info to work with for finding out how to fix the glitches.

With our powers combined... b:pleased

Update Sept 29, 2009
    If you used a make over scroll, and you still have your hair disappearing on you, please send Tech Support a ticket with the following info:

Attach screenshots of the hairstyle/look of your avatar before using the scroll with the glitch.

Attach screenshots of the hairstyle/look of your avatar after using the makeover scroll with the glitch.

Let us know which hairstyle it was that you chose after using the makeover scroll (and before using it, if you know).

Attach your dxdiag log files.

Put "Bald hair glitch scroll issue" in your subject line of your email ticket to us.

Let us know the date and time the best you can of when you used the makeover scroll .

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lorshe
    lorshe Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i thought it was just my char.
    I used the makeover scroll and its still the same.
    Any solution already?
    No hair during character creation but on close up view, the hair appears.
    In game, there's hair although at times it disappears.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This issue was addressed a time ago indeed.

As for my venomancer, her hair would disappear while diving.
    Thanks to others in the forums I learned that leaving refraction to open, but enhancing the water quality (sounds odd), solved my problem.

As for missing hair in character selection screen or all the time during gameplay... All I can say is... dreadful. I am glad it never happened to me. b:shocked
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Lu_ - Heavens Tear
    Lu_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    However, here's something to think about, It might be the beginning of ur Video Card going out. If u have a new card, no idea. If u have tried all of the suggestions, check the card.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I will do as magicsaber fwd's, but to Lu_, it seems a little odd that it does not affect any of the other mmo's that I have, including jade, ether, and WoW, only pw,and only since the recent update. I can also try Lesthar's suggestion. Thank you all, Shy
  • seraphinchan93
    seraphinchan93 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I logged off underwater, which is where this bald/hair glitch happens usually on my computer.I logged on, and my character's actual hair disappeared, and my cleric is now completely bald. It's permanent. Pls help me I don't want to cancel her.

Class: Cleric/ female

idHairModel = 45
    idHairTex = 05

normal:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/4okw-9-jpg-nb.html
    after swimming:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/4okw-a-jpg-nb.html
  • jenwolf
    jenwolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    every time i try to make a hummen or elf on my laptop i cant see the hair i can only see venomacer were i can see the hair and when im on my other computer i see the hair its buggen me that i cant see the hair to make a new one so i cant make a new one on my laptop and i use that the most on the ones i already have i see the hair except in the water,jump,do flips and do spells :(
  • Lady_Tahlia - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Tahlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea well done all i have my hair back b:kissb:kissb:victoryb:victory thank you so much
  • Mikaelo - Lost City
    Mikaelo - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Like my Eye shadows and lips are different colours...b:angry
    i set my eye shadow colour black but it looks like white...b:cry
    and like i want to get my colours fastest as i can...i don't want to reinstall PW because my internet connection is very slow n stuff b:sad

Name:Mikaelo
    Lvl now 3
    Race: Venomancer

and the photo is right , HERE

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/Nimhia/2006-10-2821-43-09.jpg

(i tried to change the colours not working)
  • chatuli
    chatuli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is it possible to get rid of the bald-glitch alone?
    Maybe by veryfieng datas?

I have the glitch too ( only my venomancers have hair) and I cant create a new character because I dont see any hair...b:cry
  • Freyju - Dreamweaver
    Freyju - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Chipset:
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
    Driver Version - 8.522.0.0

Character Base/Model Detail:
    [Hair]
    idHairModel = 283
    idHairTex = 312

*Probably incorrect about this detail, sorry I'm not exactly sure which character data it is but it's the hair/textures used in this screenshot*

Character Details:
    Untamed - Venomancer

Screenshot:
    Screenshot Link

Additional Notes:

I've fiddled with the water settings, alas no luck. However this only seems to happen to me in certain areas - in the case of the provided screenshot within the centre of Archosaur water when my Veno fell into it.

I'm slightly amused that my Veno now resembles Germaine from Neurotically Your's but a glitch is still a glitch sadly.

(Also seemed to get something strange with the armor that came along with the glitch - it's in the screenshot).

b:sad
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    While we wait to see if there is anything the devs can do, you guys should try some of the following:

Turn down the water and refraction effects.

Turn all of your graphic settings OFF/lowest setting.

Turn down distances.

Then experiment with all of the settings to see if you get the glitch to go away.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KimEunMi - Dreamweaver
    KimEunMi - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    pwiscreen.jpg
    pwiscreen2.jpg

Race: Human--Blademaster

[Hair]
    idHairModel = 281
    idHairTex = 311

(I'm not sure if this is the correct .ini, but I went by the file date and I assume this is correct.)

ATI Radeon Graphics 3100
    Driver version 8.479.0.0

I've only had the baldness problem with this character...the rest seem to work just fine, though I haven't played as my Winged Elf in awhile.

When this character swims through the water, the hair will glitch and reappear for a second, before vanishing again. This happens on and off.

It seems to be okay above water, but on occasion, when jumping or in the air, she will go bald.

I did try messing with my graphics settings, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Freyju - Dreamweaver
    Freyju - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hello Darthpanda, I've done that, had a look at the different settings and tried variations but the glitch was still active. As KimEunM has said, it does sometimes happen when jumping.

I've also made sure that there aren't any files (like a Bloom file for another game), that are causing any automatic conflicts with PWI. It still wouldn't go away, then I tried to exit the game and the element client froze up and I had to kill the process and restart it which solved the problem for me for the current time.

Nothing really else aside from mentioning that the element client does freeze up and sometimes crashes when the hair glitch happens, as the memory usage spiked from 20% to about 76% of the physical memory when that happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm a female and my main is a Veno that is becoming a fashion addict... >_<;
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    From what I've seen with this bug with the hair and clothing, while doing some experimenting, the glitch appears to be affecting things with a blended transparency layer, the transparency effect is taking over the entire object (ends of hair replacing entire hair, "furry" clothes taking over the non "furry" parts, etc). I'm hoping this will get fixed when the Rising Tide stuff is complete because it started showing up during one of the "preloads", hopefully whatever has broken the transparency code will be reverted when all of the expansion is live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this only happens sometimes on win7 but not on vista
    20091203175955.png
  • mscroll
    mscroll Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Not only do my clerics nolonger have hair(almost all the time), but I cannot create a female character with hair. The choices have no effect on the bald female chars - and all the sample presets are bald.

The figures for my female characters are: 663,423; 503,311; 274,423; and 675,314. I have no idea which is which(one is a deleted dark haired cleric). The female chars I currently have include a white haired cleric(mscroll), a dark brown haired cleric(Streamlette), and a tawny blond veno(Fluorite). The clerics are now always bald in the main menu.

I do have before and after pictures for the 2 clerics. (The veno has her hair most of the time)
    If I knew how to put the images in they would be here
  • GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver
    GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Okay my char is a elf (cleric) and she had hair earlier today on my other computer but now on this laptop she got not hair. I was also told that her hair was black in the game when she has red hair. I would post a screen shot of it but this is not my laptop so I can't really mess with stuff on it. Well edit with more info as I get.

Edit: I've been playing and her hair is flashing in and out. Way odd!

Edit 2: Been playing and notice that I have hair above the water while flying but not in the water.
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    Amymarie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol ive had this glich occur many times and not only wth my toon, but my pet lol. its not the same one but ive noticed a weird glich on the tameable wolf pets,but only on the tamed ones.as u can c below:

badwolf

and this is a untamed wolf:

badwolf

this needs to be fixed badly lol, this is y i dont use wolves as pets lol
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol ive had this glich occur many times and not only wth my toon, but my pet lol. its not the same one but ive noticed a weird glich on the tameable wolf pets,but only on the tamed ones.as u can c below:

badwolf

and this is a untamed wolf:

badwolf

this needs to be fixed badly lol, this is y i dont use wolves as pets lol

me gosh......that is a big problem!
    me can't even see the wolf itself!
    xD
    all me see is a big space between your sentences!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol im new to posting ok? i am still trying to find out how to post pics
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    a picture posting guide would be helpfull :P
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    o btw... ive also just had it happen to my veno while i was swimming... but when i got out it was fine b:victory
  • envy313
    envy313 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok so my character just went bald when i logged in today. was fine yesterday.
    race: Elf

there are too many .ini files and they all seem the same to me/cant match file to character
    if it helps i used elf male hair #54 and color: a dark purple/black

i have Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
    driver 6.14.11.9107

please help and fix my hair

thank yous

before

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p210/devilwings014/screenshots/?action=view&current=2009-12-0520-53-53-1.jpg

now

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p210/devilwings014/screenshots/?action=view&current=2009-12-0520-53-53-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.