Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You would placate the community a lot more if you actually confirmed if there was any real effect that this 100+ page thread has made.

How long do you want players to discuss this situation for? Hasn't it been discussed long enough and the majority's answer made quite clear?

Also, side question: why does this forum allow people to have pointless huge signatures like ^?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is the last post I'm going to make here in a while, because as much as people are requesting that I respond, it always ends up with no progress being made and people attacking what I say.

The reason this thread is still open is simple. Even if every one of the 1,081 posts in this thread were made by a different player (which they were not), this still does not represent the majority of the player base.

If I close it now, I am preventing the rest of the community who has not expressed their opinion here yet from doing so.

If I leave it open, yeah I'm going to get yelled at, but I'm giving people a chance to share their own opinions without saying "oops you don't use the forum regularly, you missed your opportunity to comment, bye."

I'm sorry that so many players are angered by this sale, however as I do not make the decisions I am not going to give you answers about things that I can't promise. It would be much more productive if you left your concerns in a civil manner without killing the messenger, because that actually runs counter to your own intentions.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Point taken, a huge % of the players of PW dont use the forum so is there anyway of knowing what the entire player base thinks? I guess people, myself included just want to know if this thread and all its posts are going to make a difference.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How do you take a survey of any given population?

Someone here must be into statistics.

I'm sure as hell you do not go and ask over half the population to get an answer.

It seems this thread must have over half of the playerbase for it to be effective. Which is impossible; meaning that this thread was void right from the start.

That post pretty much confirms that the packs will stay (no surprise there). At least we know that much.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mind you, you mentioned the majority thing, I just responded. That's the last response I'm going to make.
    edited October 2009
    One way they could survey the entire population is when u go to load ur client up theres a poll which u need to participate in before u can play, however u wud need to log in to vote and account has to be active for over a week so people cant fix the votes. Then run the poll for 6 days and that way new players can still vote. This is only way i can think of getting the entire populations opinion and wud take what 5-10 seconds of the persons time so no biggy.

That would also get rid of threads such as this because everyone would of voted and it will be done on general opinion, you will always get people that disagree but there shouldnt be this many disagree'ers again.

• /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That would also get rid of threads such as this

there would still be hundreds of QQ threads bogging down the forum regardless, because essentially everyone who uses the forum QQs regardless of how many times the GMs make these threads and tell them "go post here, stop spamming"

its just something we all learn to accept -shrugs-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
    edited October 2009
    Yea but atleast everyone will know the player base voted for it, no-one can say its all about the money and maybe just maybe things will start to become happier, cause lets face it PW is an awesome game if it wasnt all the people that have bought there level 80+ char wudnt be buying more level 80+ characters :).

• /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Yea but atleast everyone will know the player base voted for it, no-one can say its all about the money and maybe just maybe things will start to become happier, cause lets face it PW is an awesome game if it wasnt all the people that have bought there level 80+ char wudnt be buying more level 80+ characters :).

PWI will never go back to how it was earlier this year (i started in March), when gold was 90k-120k, people knew how to play their class, everyone joked around and drama was minor... when events happened every few weeks (major events every other month, Attack on Archosaur /drool)... when a "Sale!" was Battle Pet Packs at half price AND gold charm packs in CS at the same time, when tele's were 8k-10k each, when TT was run continuously, PvE TW still existed (i really miss that)... your 40s were a grind-fest and people 50+ were accepted as being serious players... LG/FF was accepted as impossible (or at least not worth it lol)... QQ directed at the game and devs was nearly non-existant on the forum.... i could go on, should i continue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Nihillae - Heavens Tear
    Nihillae - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    david12345 wrote: »

It seems this thread must have over half of the playerbase for it to be effective. Which is impossible; meaning that this thread was void right from the start.

Effective at what?

Seems to me the point of this thread is for "discussion"
    (i.e. keeping the flames in one spot).

b:victory

How much good did the first annipack thread do?
    And it was only just recently they finally shut duke up.

b:surrender

It's all just absurd and simply pointless.
    But if I wanted optimism and sunshine, I'd go play "my little pony" online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    The only thing stopping prices dropping is greed.
    Those istances can now only been ran becuase of the people who have earnt thier levels and not bought them.

Things can go back to the way they were, the serious CS's who have bought thier levels and everything that is buyable will get bored and leave pw for a new challenge they can throw thier credit card at, thus leaving the same people that were here in march (give or take alot quit because of packs, more are still quitting and some are joining and earning thier levels) so everything is there to be the PW it once was if not better.

• /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    The only thing stopping prices dropping is greed.
    Those istances can now only been ran becuase of the people who have earnt thier levels and not bought them.

Things can go back to the way they were, the serious CS's who have bought thier levels and everything that is buyable will get bored and leave pw for a new challenge they can throw thier credit card at, thus leaving the same people that were here in march (give or take alot quit because of packs, more are still quitting and some are joining and earning thier levels) so everything is there to be the PW it once was if not better.

you forgot to mention the PWE staff needs to stop the constant abusive sales... that's the main reason that everything costs so much more ingame (especially CS-based stuff)... the players can only control so much of the economy

(i would mention the devs need to fix the bugs, but i hold out on that because i'm putting my money on most of the bugs being fixed with the tideborn expansion... its the one last thing that's keeping me clinging to this game)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've read much... but said little in recent times...

But thought it was about time to write. I do wish there was more communication from those in charge... so much conjecture and angst could be done away with...

Anyway, I've developed arguments for and against anniversary boxes for a LONG time now and I'm beginnig to think that you really can argue a good case either side.

SOOOO instead of arguing... I decided to simply find a way of making the "most" out of their existence as possible.

There can be a "win" in having these boxes around WITHOUT actually purchasing them! Just got to be smart and think through how it impacts aspects of the game. (sorry for the cryptic nature... but not quite prepared to give away what I'm doing atm) :)
    edited October 2009
    Never before has gold been so high as it has with these packs, when i started in feb gold was 100k sales and it jumped up a little but went back to normal, new mounts and fashion jumped it up quiet abit but slowly went back to normal but gold is increasing because more players are buying gold. If people wernt using the GH to finance there way to 80+ gold wudnt be 500k+ each.

• Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    whats the point of busting charms and facing wipes to figure these instances out if the packs are popping the reward?

Because it's fun, it's a challenge, it's something new to do, and not everyone wants to or is able to spend real money on the game?
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's all just absurd and simply pointless.
    But if I wanted optimism and sunshine, I'd go play "my little pony" online.

You are joking, right? Those pony breeders can be ruthless! b:shocked
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    Jay - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    11 packs, all luck tokens.
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok if I had to look at the Anni packs being brought back from a logical point of view is that PWI should have brought them back next year, not like a month or so after.

PWI made such a big hype out of it's being an anniversary of it for running for 1 year and had the packs up for an entire month. The point of any form of anniversary is that it happens only once a year, the event ended and then you bring it back only because GM's, dev's etc saw it all as it's biggest money maker quite literally ever.

And then PWI's playerbase literally dropped, it's easy enough to notice with arch looking a little emptier then usual. I can understand why people have quit and why so many ppl have slated PWI's staff. If anything PWI isnt doing itself any favours by just ignoring its playerbase and with it's simply not caring attitude.

The only gd thing I can possibly ever see GM's doing and being noted as a 'good thing' is putting Tomes for sale in the boutique. Maybe it would anger even more players, I honestly dont know the mentality or the frame of mind of every single player, I just speak for myself. Seriously tho, what more could they put into the boutique that could possibly make even more ppl quit that the anni packs havent done already?

In any case I only log in just to do dailies now and talk to the friends ive made some bonds with on here, thats the ONLY reason Im continuing to play PWI. I honestly dont like it as much as I used to but I got sum gd friends I want to talk to on here and help out, even if PWI is goin to hell with bringing bk anni packs
  • Junkhead - Lost City
    Junkhead - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was wondering if maybe the anniv boxes could be kept past Nov 1st. Like make it a thanksgiving or christmas thing since so many people want events. It helps people like me that cant spam cash shop all day everyday. It also will help even out my server as more people can catch up to cq . I also think that with all the chips being used to make molds and hh gold its a pretty good gold sink.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was wondering if maybe the anniv boxes could be kept past Nov 1st. Like make it a thanksgiving or christmas thing since so many people want events. It helps people like me that cant spam cash shop all day everyday. It also will help even out my server as more people can catch up to cq . I also think that with all the chips being used to make molds and hh gold its a pretty good gold sink.

You're joking right? How on earth will you catch up to CQ? They'll be buying every one of these items in bulk and +6-10'ing the entire lot. And how does it help those who can't cash shop? 500k gold makes things easier? And a good coin sink? We're talking 5m coin injected with every single best luck token.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You're joking right? How on earth will you catch up to CQ? They'll be buying every one of these items in bulk and +6-10'ing the entire lot. And how does it help those who can't cash shop? 500k gold makes things easier? And a good coin sink? We're talking 5m coin injected with every single best luck token.

He said 'gold sink', not 'coin sink' b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • TheCorrupt - Sanctuary
    TheCorrupt - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Instead of making a new topic that will only be looked upon as a flame topic, I decided to post this message here in this thread. One main reason is because of these stupid packs.

Let's face it, PWI's in-game economy is worse than Americas. Gold is now over 500k a piece and that makes anything and everything in the game way over-priced. When I first started playing this game, gold was at 80k-100k each, and items were at good prices. Now...Sources Of Force and Phoenix Feathers are 10k each. Multiply that by 9999, which is how many you need to get a Herc and/or Nix. I wanted to get a Crimson Flametalon, but people want 10mil + for them now, all because of the current price of gold. What caused this atrocious rise is gold? You got it, these ******* anny packs.

The game is no longer fun. Because of that, I'm done with this game. Many people have left for this same reason, yet nothing has been done to fix it. That tells me that the GM's really don't care about us, and all they care about is all the money they're raking in. I've dumped a couple hundred into this game already, but I won't give this game a cent more than what I already have.

GM's, fix the game so people will enjoy it again, or don't, and run an empty game.

*Wonders if a GM will even read this*
  • Stelacria - Heavens Tear
    Stelacria - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They really need to try to capture a broader view than what they find on the forums. Outside of banter really the only reason people come on a game forum is to b:angry.

For future reference why not offer a gold reward for players in game who are willing to fill out surveys detailing what they think about things like this. That way you might receive some positive and well thought out responses rather than outrage. I mean you already do this for random spammers with their surveys, and as such I don't see why you couldn't spare a few gold for each person in your general player base.

Finally... yes I think you should dial down the use of CS for high end items as well. I would figure if you made the anni packs only have a chance for rare mounts, fashion, aerogear, and storage stuff you might not see as much complaint. As it stands though it seems to give a huge advantage to the wealthy...
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009

If the players are still here and making statements and putting forth arguments, that means they're hoping there's a way that a game they have been playing and enjoying can be saved from the inevitable doom of it turning into a Pay2Win game.

The ones who just leave and don't turn back, you won't find them here telling you what's wrong and hoping for a stop to the slide. You won't even get a second chance of getting them to return, new classes, expansion or otherwise. Once bitten, twice shy. You fool me once, shame on you. You fool me twice, shame on me.

As long as they're still here and expressing themselves be they right or wrong, unpleasant or otherwise, at least they're still here playing, contributing and hoping that the game doesn't degenerate any further.

When the day comes that the players aren't expressing anything, that is the time of concern for this game's developers.

P/s for those who are advocating that PW-MY is still around with all these negatives, try logging into one of their servers. You'll change your opinion very quickly.

Pp/s One of my friends from China just told me some player playing in the China server spent USD37000 just to get a Warsoul weapon
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    He said 'gold sink', not 'coin sink' b:chuckle

Pretty sure it was a mistake, since he was referring to molds bought with chips, which require coin to purchase, therefore acting as a coin sink somewhat :p
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Pretty sure it was a mistake, since he was referring to molds bought with chips, which require coin to purchase, therefore acting as a coin sink somewhat :p

Except his mistake was right, because it IS a gold sink. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Except his mistake was right, because it IS a gold sink. b:cute

K, I wont argue b:chuckle
  • Winetou - Dreamweaver
    Winetou - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the anniversary packs destroyed all the fun of the game. Like in RL if you have money you can have all its not so fun anymore b:cry
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hehe, i love how the GMs created a thread just for the anniversary packs so they won't have to deal with complaining elsewhere. This is like putting a suggestion box above an incinerator. b:chuckleb:laugh
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hehe, i love how the GMs created a thread just for the anniversary packs so they won't have to deal with complaining elsewhere. This is like putting a suggestion box above an incinerator. b:chuckleb:laugh
    Thank you for placing your useless post into said incinerator :].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
This discussion has been closed.