Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Permanent?!?!? I really hope that's not true. Because that's too far already.

We need answers.
    Call me San.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If they are in that section it seems they are permanent.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    click on Box/Egg in boutique... they're still there :/

Ohhhh sneaky buggers just moved and hidden them... does that mean they will end up being perm ???
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Seriously, what the hell? >.>
    Call me San.
    edited October 2009
    The " Perm " bit on an item just means they dont expire over time, doesnt mean they are in there all the time, but saying that if they have moved them to another section......... then maybe will be a full time CS item
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's like the devs all play a game of "disrespect the player base". Object of the game is to take turns in completely disregarding and insulting the players a certain amount every week. The dev who finally makes the entire community snap and quit for good loses. Winners get a share of the obscene amount of milked money. Loser gets the unspent "bugs and support funding" money.
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    It's like the devs all play a game of "disrespect the player base". Object of the game is to take turns in completely disregarding and insulting the players a certain amount every week. The dev who finally makes the entire community snap and quit for good loses. Winners get a share of the obscene amount of milked money. Loser gets the unspent "bugs and support funding" money.

that's probably it
    Call me San.
  • Gonff - Lost City
    Gonff - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I will finally stop playing this game the day anniversary packs are announced as permanent. I'm not just a random noob playing for free either. I've invested more rl cash than i should have during the time i've played. It's lame enough it was even offered to practically buy epic gear for rl money, but to have it permanent or even an often occurrence is just too much.

It seems like pwi is turning into a game where you need a $200k/year job in rl to compete with the top players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ive seen so many MMO's fail over the years, and in every case there were IceJazmin's on the forums proclaiming its longevity and telling us how there would always be a flood of new players to make up for the ones that left.
    I also have to have a bit of a laugh at the person citing PW-MY as a game that is still going strong. Obviously someone who neither plays there or even reads their forums.
    Sorry but people dont magically fill up space or whoever leaves. If you lose half your playerbase, they have gone. It wont mean you suddenly get an influx of new players to replace them. In fact you will get less people joining because there are less people bringing their friends over to play. Not to mention bad word of mouth and people not wanting to start playing an MMO that is losing numbers.

Want to know why WOW is still doing so well 5 years later? Its not because they keep attracting new members. Most of the people who play WOW were there 3 years ago.

Seriously, looking at the number of failed mmo's lately I just continue to be amazed at how each one has these people who come onto the forums thinking that their particular game is somehow different to all the other MMO's that have gone down the toilet because of poor design or management. Yet people continue to post this rubbish about how their MMO will live on forever.

Its going to be fun necroing some of these threads in 6 months when people start asking for server merges.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ive Seen So Many Mmo's Fail Over The Years, And In Every Case There Were Icejazmin's On The Forums Proclaiming Its Longevity And Telling Us How There Would Always Be A Flood Of New Players To Make Up For The Ones That Left.
    I Also Have To Have A Bit Of A Laugh At The Person Citing Pw-my As A Game That Is Still Going Strong. Obviously Someone Who Neither Plays There Or Even Reads Their Forums.
    Sorry But People Dont Magically Fill Up Space Or Whoever Leaves. If You Lose Half Your Playerbase, They Have Gone. It Wont Mean You Suddenly Get An Influx Of New Players To Replace Them. In Fact You Will Get Less People Joining Because There Are Less People Bringing Their Friends Over To Play. Not To Mention Bad Word Of Mouth And People Not Wanting To Start Playing An Mmo That Is Losing Numbers.

Want To Know Why Wow Is Still Doing So Well 5 Years Later? Its Not Because They Keep Attracting New Members. Most Of The People Who Play Wow Were There 3 Years Ago.

Seriously, Looking At The Number Of Failed Mmo's Lately I Just Continue To Be Amazed At How Each One Has These People Who Come Onto The Forums Thinking That Their Particular Game Is Somehow Different To All The Other Mmo's That Have Gone Down The Toilet Because Of Poor Design Or Management. Yet People Continue To Post This Rubbish About How Their Mmo Will Live On Forever.

Its Going To Be Fun Necroing Some Of These Threads In 6 Months When People Start Asking For Server Merges.

This Is True!!!!
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The truth is no gd game lasts forever. People may praise a game high and low, others may take notice of the enthusiasm of how a person explains a game and others may even give it a hit or miss.

If I were TBH I'd say there are at least a dozen games out there that are better then PWI and I can bet more then likely put money on ppl who have played PWI who have come and gone have given it a try and have probably told many to stay away from playing it, I'm one of them and I used to love this game.

With the attitude of GMs, Dev's and the general feeling of them not really caring for its playerbase and bringing bk anniversary packs a 2nd time, cube room 27 not being fixed and many other things I can fully understand why ppl leave and I support that.

End of the day, If a game no longer holds its worth for you why continue to play/support something u no longer like?
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ive seen so many MMO's fail over the years, and in every case there were IceJazmin's on the forums proclaiming its longevity and telling us how there would always be a flood of new players to make up for the ones that left.
    I also have to have a bit of a laugh at the person citing PW-MY as a game that is still going strong. Obviously someone who neither plays there or even reads their forums.

rofl b:chuckle

No offence to Jazmin at all, but really, QFT. I've seen this happen on several mmo's. The game crumbling to pieces, forums flooded with complaints and quit threads, servers being cut and merged... and the same small group of people still there proclaiming how everything is fine and meant to be this way and we're all greedy QQ'rs.

Infact I went back to one of these games, which I can't mention the name of, and the same group was there that I remember from when I quit. The rest of the playerbase was completely different and everything was inactive, and this group had all become forum mods due to being the only loyal players left.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If they are in that section it seems they are permanent.

They were in that section the first month too.

Charm packs were in the normal sections of the botique, as were the limited time mounts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TinyWiz - Heavens Tear
    TinyWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They were in that section the first month too.

Charm packs were in the normal sections of the botique, as were the limited time mounts...

they were in the normal section as well as the first page ...they werent just in the normal section
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thanks guys, its great knowing you people and i have had fun while it lasted. Good luck finding a new game :) keep us posted
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I've really got no complains about the packs being added back to the boutique, as I really don't care that much, I just want to know, why? I am honestly confused on this. They're anniversary packs, meant to celebrate the anniversary of PWI, which was last month, this suggests they should be available during the month of September, and then not available again until the next anniversary. I won't say the majority of the fan base hated them, as I don't have access to those statistics, but the loudest most vocal portion certainly hated them. It seems to defeat the entire point of calling them anniversary packs if they're going to just randomly release more throughout the year, especially not even a month after the anniversary event ended. So really, I just want to know why? b:puzzled
  • TinyWiz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I've really got no complains about the packs being added back to the boutique, as I really don't care that much, I just want to know, why? I am honestly confused on this. They're anniversary packs, meant to celebrate the anniversary of PWI, which was last month, this suggests they should be available during the month of September, and then not available again until the next anniversary. I won't say the majority of the fan base hated them, as I don't have access to those statistics, but the loudest most vocal portion certainly hated them. It seems to defeat the entire point of calling them anniversary packs if they're going to just randomly release more throughout the year, especially not even a month after the anniversary event ended. So really, I just want to know why? b:puzzled

lols i agree with most of that ..altho i dont like em much
  • _l_j_ - Lost City
    _l_j_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Its dissappointing for me to see the Anniversary packs back again. I was hoping the price of gold in the Auction House would return to a more favourable level again. 500k for one gold is outrageous compared to when the game first started. I wish Anniversary packs would only be available once a year when its actually the anniversary of Pw.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay, so Anniversary packs were moved to Box/Egg. That means they are permanent? Myself and many others would like to know that. Can we have an official response??
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Just assume the packs will be around right up to the point that the new expansion makes everything in the packs obsolete.
    "?" IS my avatar.
    edited October 2009
    Okay, so Anniversary packs were moved to Box/Egg. That means they are permanent? Myself and many others would like to know that. Can we have an official response??

No, an official announcement means they're permanent, the item being moved just means the item has been moved. The announcement page says they're available until November. Unless a GM announces otherwise, you shouldn't assume any different. If you saw an ad in the Sunday paper "Wii on sale, 50% off this this week only!" and on Wednesday they decided they'd move the Wiis to another spot in the store, would you jump to the conclusion that the Wii was going to be permanently reduced by 50%?
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009

QFT.
    What is even worse. This thread seems to be designed only for players to let go their anger and speak only. Who is bothering to read the feedback from its players?

It happened with the Update v182 Discussion Thread. Hundreds of pages and Thousands of posts and replies. In there everybody stated how counter productive were the anniversary packs. Yet, we got them again "by popular demand" ???

The only thing that matters is how many players buy the anniversary packs AND, if you all havent noticed, the Duke keeps shouting regularly. They hit the jackpot with them. This discussion thread is worthless in my opinion. They all take advantage of the IT and the forum system in order to give their player's anger a wayout. Its all there peeps.

I have to say though that those items or those anniv packs are not needed for playing. I enjoy the game as it is. Gold prices are rocket high, but that doesnt matter to them. That will only lead people into putting more real money and that is exactly what they want.

I love the game though. Bussiness affairs are beyond my pew pew and my ocassional red hunting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • TinyWiz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    No, an official announcement means they're permanent, the item being moved just means the item has been moved. The announcement page says they're available until November. Unless a GM announces otherwise, you shouldn't assume any different. If you saw an ad in the Sunday paper "Wii on sale, 50% off this this week only!" and on Wednesday they decided they'd move the Wiis to another spot in the store, would you jump to the conclusion that the Wii was going to be permanently reduced by 50%?

yes, yes i would ...and most ppls piont is that pwi doesnt move items unless its becoming a perm item ....or at least i dont remember a time they have ...and im sure thats what other ppl think. and stores move stuff all the time ...unlike pwi
    edited October 2009
    Or they just felt like moving it. Again, only an official announcement means that the packs will be added permanently.
  • TinyWiz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Or they just felt like moving it. Again, only an official announcement means that the packs will be added permanently.

yeah i understand that ..just pionting out what i belive ppl r thinking
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    100+ pagesb:victory

The really funny thing about this 100+ page comedy is...............drumroll....

Your

Still

Here.b:laugh

And will be here for all timeb:kiss

Rising Tideb:surrender
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    rofl b:chuckle

No offence to Jazmin at all, but really, QFT. I've seen this happen on several mmo's. The game crumbling to pieces, forums flooded with complaints and quit threads, servers being cut and merged... and the same small group of people still there proclaiming how everything is fine and meant to be this way and we're all greedy QQ'rs.

Infact I went back to one of these games, which I can't mention the name of, and the same group was there that I remember from when I quit. The rest of the playerbase was completely different and everything was inactive, and this group had all become forum mods due to being the only loyal players left.

No offense taken. Me being correct or wrong does not make it so you are right or wrong either, this is one of those cases were we can all be rigth or all be wrong.

We all have seen games fail that should had been big successes, suck as Tabula Rasa. We have also seem games languish for a few years, than become very popular due to a new article, like the space MMO from the company in iceland. And we all have seen a huge number of games that are average stick around for ever. The list of games with CS that were predicted to fail soon, due innequalities between CSer and non-CSer is fairly large, however not many of those actualy failed. In fact, most games with CS give a HUGE advantage to CSer, such as for $20 per month they get double-xp, double-drops every day, and those offers are available for gold only, and it is illegal to buy or sell gold from other players.... The famous "gold membership" has been part of the F2P landscape for years, and most people predicted those games would die... however most are still around.

Either way, only time will tell. The key question for which we have no answer is, assuming people that post are less than 5% of the player base, what do the other 95% really think about this.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    TBH the thing I find more offensive than the re-release of the anni packs, is the total lack of communication from PWI ( I dont blame the Gm's or mods for this, I guess their hands are tied as to what they can and cannot say )

Even if they released a statement we didnt like ie:

"We understand peoples concerns over the packs, but we are a buisiness and we have to make money ".

But how the lack of any response comes over is: Players concerns = We dont care.
    Give players that feeling to often and they will turn to: We dont care either = Lets Find another game
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Would be more of a discussion if we knew what they're planning, IF they're planning something that is.
    Call me San.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Seeing that the anniversary packs still sells one week later, I guess the majority of the players are enjoying seeing them back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.