Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ^Her quote in her siggy says it all.

If they honestly cared as that says they would have done something to make it so the gold price could continue to drop even with re adding the pack... Something as simple as increasing the price to 2-3 gold would drop gold to around 300k-200k that would have alloud people to still gamble with their money and keep gold prices low. But I guess that would have been too much works for the "variety of metrics, statistics and tools."
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    ^Her quote in her siggy says it all.

If they honestly cared as that says they would have done something to make it so the gold price could continue to drop even with re adding the pack... Something as simple as increasing the price to 2-3 gold would drop gold to around 300k-200k that would have alloud people to still gamble with their money and keep gold prices low. But I guess that would have been too much works for the "variety of metrics, statistics and tools."

If you look at what is "normal" in the PW world, 500k coin per gold is normal in almost every other PW. PWI has the one of cheapest gold of them all, and ours only gets to their "normal levels" with a crazy sale event like the AnyPacks.

Low gold prices benefit the coin sellers while high gold prices benefit the gold sellers. Both parties would rather have the gold to sell at the price that benefits them the most. Somehow, gold ends up selling at a price where both coin sellers and gold sellers are not too unhappy. However, that does not make it any easier on any of use that is neither.

I am always interested why people pick a number for "what gold should sell", when the gold prices are dictated by how much people are willing to buy the gold for, and by how much people are willing to sell the gold for, which means is about as fair as it gets, when it comes to the parties involved in buying and selling gold.

So, of all the items that the AnyPacks have a chance to give, which ones do you think cause the most potential imbalance in the game? I say the shards.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am always interested why people pick a number for "what gold should sell", when the gold prices are dictated by how much people are willing to buy the gold for, and by how much people are willing to sell the gold for, which means is about as fair as it gets, when it comes to the parties involved in buying and selling gold.

Maybe greed, they want more gold for their coin, or more items for their coin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's better than that, actually. There's a chart of the odds of getting different items from the anniversary packs (see below), so we can actually calculate the EV of opening one pack. Multiply the odds of getting an item times the value of that item, add those all up, and you get around 500k (varies a bit with item/token prices from server to server).

Whichever server you are in, I am willing to bet that the gold price reflects the "true" value of the pack to within 10k, but feel free to run the numbers yourself. Make sure you get the correct price for tokens--those have a much bigger impact on the value than any other item.

Edit: it's not letting me post the whole list here, I'll add it to my next post.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Here's the full list, courtesy of Dorm on the Nefarious forums:
    List and chances from perfect world anniversary packs:

24721 = 15 - 97% = Perfect Token of luck
    24722 = 1 - 1.7150% = Perfect Token of Best Luck
    15761 = 1 - 0.4% = Plat guardian charm
    15760 = 1 - 0.2% = Plat spirit charm
    12962 = 1 - 0.1% = Badge of bravery
    12638 = 1 - 0.03% = Primeval Stone
    12637 = 1 - 0.03% = Stone of the Savant
    1998 = 1 - 0.04% = Garnet Gem
    2013 = 1 - 0.04% = Citrine Gem
    2003 = 1 - 0.03% = Sapphire Gem
    21378 = 1 - 0.05% = Diamond of Dragon
    21377 = 1 - 0.05% = Diamond of Tiger
    23969 = 1 - 0.03% = Frostcovered Sign Force
    24768 = 1 - 0.06% = Grand Lobster
    24723 = 1 - 0.02% = Aero Delight
    25149 = 1 - 0.02% = Fancy Feathers
    23249 = 1 - 0.03% = Heavenrage Boots
    23970 = 1 - 0.03% = Helm of Holy Punishment
    23251 = 1 - 0.03% = Lunar Glade Insignia Ornament
    23250 = 1 - 0.03% = Lunar Glade Insignia Weapon
    18429 = 1 - 0.01% = Wings of Cloudcharger
    24725 = 1 - 0.01% = Scroll of Tome
    24726 = 1 - 0.03% = Wing Trophy
    25150 = 1 - 0.01% = Wing Trophy Lunarglade
    25151 = 1 - 0.005% = Warsong Marshal Badge

ID = Number given - chance = name
    Enjoy
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the stats xP. b:victory

I'm wondering if they're planning on making the Anni Packs a permanent addition to the cashshop. I've noticed they moved them to the boxes/eggs section of the boutique soooo.... Yeah. I highly doubt it but after this second "anniversary" who knows.
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the stats xP. b:victory

I'm wondering if they're planning on making the Anni Packs a permanent addition to the cashshop. I've noticed they moved them to the boxes/eggs section of the boutique soooo.... Yeah. I highly doubt it but after this second "anniversary" who knows.

The AnyPack has been in the boxes/eggs since the it came out, both the previous 1 month run and the current one.

The only change has been to move it out of the "New" page.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Here's the full list, courtesy of Dorm on the Nefarious forums:
    List and chances from perfect world anniversary packs:

That list apparently came from Minimus of Regicide not Nefarious

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=435702
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Infirm - Harshlands
    Infirm - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yesterday I installed PW and was on my way to start playing again when I suddenly decided to look at the forums.

I uninstalled PW right away.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yesterday I installed PW and was on my way to start playing again when I suddenly decided to look at the forums.

good for you...

also, you wont be missed b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009

hmmmm dorm's post on Nef forums is about two weeks b4 Minimus's posts on the pwi forums eitherway its not hard to find it since pwidatabase got it as well....or anyone who messes with private servers can figure it out.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009

hmmmm dorm's post on Nef forums is about two weeks b4 Minimus's posts on the pwi forums eitherway its not hard to find it since pwidatabase got it as well....

Lolpolitics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm curious about that thread now...what did Aya say? (pm me if someone knows b:chuckle)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    good for you...

also, you wont be missed b:bye

I dunno, personally I do miss people leaving. Players keep the game alive. Lots of players leave, game dies, simple as.

And this example is a pretty general feeling with most people, not just a random odd rage-quit. Every player I've seen starting or returning recently has read forums and heard the news and quit within a week. And I'm talking NO exceptions here.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009

you made the right decision.. you dont want to end up on the forums ranting about how awesome the game is, but how lousy its managed. It'll make your head explode.....
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • adam
    adam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I just restarted, I didn't ragequit or /wrists
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think this thread is dead.

There will be no positive outcome for the players from continued posts here.

These packs have effectively damaged the game.

And it doesn't look like PWE is taking any steps to repair the damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladymaxima
    ladymaxima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I personally after gaming for 9 years, will say the PW is one or the better mmorpg out there period. Its good environment , okay music and PVE fun. I've seen many spend more money on subscription and buying gold in other games period. And one thing that amusing is alot of the cry babies. Most of these same cryers I see have always been charging outrageous prices for stuff even when gold = 100k coins. So anniversary packs puts power back into those who pay, whatever. If most want prices to go down consider not price gouging. Other thing for most complainers I don't see most of you helping any new person in game, matter of fact you don't help folks in your own, factions. Please you call PW greedy but alot of the greedy cash shops in game makes the whole thing greedy. I'll continue to support PW, everything can't be perfect and I believe they are trying. TY PW and you QQ'ers make it so entertaining just to hear the crying
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Funny...I never catshop.

And...I'm a casual cash shop user, and still think Anniversary Packs are horrible.

I don't recall ever calling PWE greedy either...

I'm just saying I think the packs were a horrible idea in the first place.

And that them being brought back.

Was a horrible idea squared.

And as I said in another post.

Someone will sell at a low price.

Someone else will buy that person out.

Set up catshop right next to them.

And sell at a higher price.

Its going to take a HUGE effort to bring prices down.

And no one is willing to sell for less and risk their profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakz - Heavens Tear
    Squeakz - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    coming out of a few F2P and P2P games heres what ive got to say....

As a few before me have said this game is one of the BETTER if not BEST f2p games out at the moment. After playing on so many PVP servers its a change of pace being on a PVE server. Ive seen many f2p games go for grabs with these cash shop luck packs and I have yet to see any good come from them. Being a f2p player I like to work for my gear. It keeps something for me to set my goals on. I was very close to buying **** but the main reason i didnt was because on day 3 of north america release their gameguard was shut off and 3 hours after that bots were on the public forum boards... No one really plays that game. Its just 24/7 bots.
    Since the anniv packs have come out i have really not enjoyed the game much. Gold prices on HT went from 120k-150k when I started to 500-550k now. They have more then tripled in the last month of me playing. This has also effected everything for sale on the PW economy from mirage stones to mats to arrows. This gold spike has also drove off many players. I've seen atleast 4-5 players from my faction alone quit along with many friends. There is NO way whatsoever players can make enough gold ingame without spamming these crack packs. The 100k or so i would make an hour grinding doesnt even cover my cost for pots/repairs/arrows. I dont even know what to do to even buy my 74 skills. My only idea is to farm mats for the next month or so and who enjoys farming mats? *yay* b:surrender

if gold prices tripled why not triple gold/drop rates to cope with the cash shoppers?

instead of selling these crack packs try selling other stuff that people use ingame for cheaper?
    mats? aero? fashion? charms? how about a bonus gold event? 10% extra on purchases

To run a game is a hard thing but if you've got an item that has changed the game so drastically by pulling 10m out of your *** or even a chance at endgame gear for 1$ your doing something terribly wrong. A happy player base is a good player base. Those are going to be the players that stay with you in the end.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Squeaks I hope you know that what you just did is a banable offence. Edited the post rest is up to Spoons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    stuff .

You do realize that you can buy all your pots/arrows at the npc and that those prices are not impacted by gold prices, right?

And I am sorry to tell you, but level 85 and 95 gear is hardly endgame gear. It is really nice gear at the moment, but if you think that end-game is level 150, I am sure you understand that this so called endgame level 85-95 gear is hardly any of that.
    The only items that are endeed endgame are the level 12 gems, but nobody seems to be bothered with them, instead keep bringing up the lunar/frost stuff. Note that there was already lunar and frost gear in game, even before the AnyPacks.

500k for gold is not that horrible, it is not cheap gold, but it is not unreasonable either.
    Coin sellers want gold cheap so they can get more gold for their coins, and gold sellers want gold high, so they get more coins for their gold. Unfortunatly, that is the dynamic between the two groups. However, gold only sells for as high as the coin sellers are willing to pay for, which in turn makes it so that gold usualy sell for a littles less or just at the breakeven point. This point changes depending on what is causing the demand for the gold, but it is a fair price, usualy.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You do realize that you can buy all your pots/arrows at the npc and that those prices are not impacted by gold prices, right?

And I am sorry to tell you, but level 85 and 95 gear is hardly endgame gear. It is really nice gear at the moment, but if you think that end-game is level 150, I am sure you understand that this so called endgame level 85-95 gear is hardly any of that.
    The only items that are endeed endgame are the level 12 gems, but nobody seems to be bothered with them, instead keep bringing up the lunar/frost stuff. Note that there was already lunar and frost gear in game, even before the AnyPacks.

Oh come on, the level cap on PWI is 105 and we don't exactly have too many 104s running around.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited October 2009
    Oh come on, the level cap on PWI is 105 and we don't exactly have too many 104s running around.

In that case you can say "current gear" or "sub level 105 gear", but when people are going to claim that something is endgame gear, you really need to look at end game, and level 104 or even 105 is not endgame. It is only a stepping stone.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This wall really sneaky, putting the anni packs in a seperate CS section. Please get rid of them, I cant even afford to freaking pvp anymore. I cant afford anything. This is madness. Can't you guys make an event to sink the damn coins? x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ^^I think what he was trying to say was that if the amount of exp it takes to get from 104-105 is any indication of 105-150 no one will ever get there. Granted they will probably change exp rate once they raise the level cap, but who knows. And since it has been confirmed that the level cap wasn't rising with the expansion [as I had originally suspected], those weapons will be the best you can get for awhile.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one had gold [or legendary, not sure what it's called] lunar and frost gear. The only ones I had seen before packs was the green stuff, which quite frankly is much much easier to make. That, along with the fact that barely anyone had them, kinda negates your point--it's stuff that at the moment is pretty near impossible to get.

I mean, I do agree with some of what you're saying, and hey, I'm not complaining about flawless shards or the stuff luck tokens can get you. Those things, I'm sure most people would agree, are great. But real life money shouldn't bring you everything in the game easy. Time and dedication isn't being rewarded as much as rl money at the moment. A football player cannot become the best without time, patience, dedication and acquisition of skill. Sure, they can have lots of money and hire a coach and personal trainer to speed up the process, but they still need to work to get there. And so it is with the game--or at least it should be, imo b:surrender
    edited October 2009
    ^^I think what he was trying to say was that if the amount of exp it takes to get from 104-105 is any indication of 105-150 no one will ever get there. Granted they will probably change exp rate once they raise the level cap, but who knows. And since it has been confirmed that the level cap wasn't rising with the expansion [as I had originally suspected], those weapons will be the best you can get for awhile.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one had gold [or legendary, not sure what it's called] lunar and frost gear. The only ones I had seen before packs was the green stuff, which quite frankly is much much easier to make. That, along with the fact that barely anyone had them, kinda negates your point--it's stuff that at the moment is pretty near impossible to get.

I mean, I do agree with some of what you're saying, and hey, I'm not complaining about flawless shards or the stuff luck tokens can get you. Those things, I'm sure most people would agree, are great. But real life money shouldn't bring you everything in the game easy. Time and dedication isn't being rewarded as much as rl money at the moment. A football player cannot become the best without time, patience, dedication and acquisition of skill. Sure, they can have lots of money and hire a coach and personal trainer to speed up the process, but they still need to work to get there. And so it is with the game--or at least it should be, imo b:surrender

Something being hard to get is not the same as calling it endgame. That was the comment I made. It helps when people are truthful with what they say when they are trying to convey to customer support that they are not happy and why.
    Also, getting the FF Lunar, or any of the other gear will not make anyone a good player, if they were not good before they got the gear. It may buy them a few extra seconds, but the fact is, they will still not be good at the game. Besides TT99 gear is pretty much at par with the stuff in the packs, at least when it comes to the items I have looked at.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Eh, even TT gold had to be obtained through some sort of in game actions--chips couldn't be bought for gold mats before this, and even if the player didn't farm it completely, they had to buy off of someone who did. Real game work translating into powerful armour, yes.

The refining, yeah that's definitely cash talking.

And yeah--the shards are pretty impossible, more impossible than any of the weps etc. They concern me too. The thing is, shards are always bought and crafted with either coins or real $$$, so I guess people don't see it as as much of an anomaly, just as very high lvl dragon orbs have been in the boutique before as well. I'd say the weps are still "impossible" though, until enough people can get together, get high enough lvl to run lunar efficiently. I'm just arguing ideals here. I don't agree with "handouts" of this magnitude when there should at least be some amount of time and/or dedication and/or skill involved.

Does it affect me really? Nah, I'm just a PvE player who truthfully, when in game, doesn't do much thinking about who has what weapon because it doesn't affect my gameplay. But regardless of whether it affects me or not, it does affect some players and I disagree with the idea on principle.
    edited October 2009
    Eh, even TT gold had to be obtained through some sort of in game actions--chips couldn't be bought for gold mats before this, and even if the player didn't farm it completely, they had to buy off of someone who did. Real game work translating into powerful armour, yes.

The refining, yeah that's definitely cash talking.

And yeah--the shards are pretty impossible, more impossible than any of the weps etc. They concern me too. The thing is, shards are always bought and crafted with either coins or real $$$, so I guess people don't see it as as much of an anomaly, just as very high lvl dragon orbs have been in the boutique before as well. I'd say the weps are still "impossible" though, until enough people can get together, get high enough lvl to run lunar efficiently. I'm just arguing ideals here. I don't agree with "handouts" of this magnitude when there should at least be some amount of time and/or dedication and/or skill involved.

Does it affect me really? Nah, I'm just a PvE player who truthfully, when in game, doesn't do much thinking about who has what weapon because it doesn't affect my gameplay. But regardless of whether it affects me or not, it does affect some players and I disagree with the idea on principle.

I think I can agree with what you are saying, in pretty much all aspects.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    people keep bringing up lunar because not a lot of people have completed lunar, yet so many people are running around with the gear. i dont think anyone on our server have completed warsong, and yet these people have the ******n warsong belt. that's just wrong on so many levels. what is there to work toward anymore? whats the point of busting charms and facing wipes to figure these instances out if the packs are popping the reward?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.