Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• TsaligiWaya - Sanctuary
    TsaligiWaya - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I bet the venos that spent $200+ to buy their nix/herc or both are gonna be PISSED when they aren't arguable the most powerful class. this should be good.b:laugh

Ohhh but NOT SO... this Veno is PSYCHED over the new Race!! Just means a new play toy for meeeeeee!!! heheheheheb:dirty
  • Ballador - Sanctuary
    Ballador - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am just gonna say I won't believe till I see this actually happening, the pictures posted could well be photoshop. And well, the patch should be insanely big too, just think of it, more area on the map, new weapon(if what posted is true), new NPC's, new instances (if there is a tideborn fb19 for example) new waypoints on the Teleport Master, new territory(territories) new skills obviously, the welcome screen will have to change so you can create tideborn characters, and since everyone makes mistakes, new bugs(not the bug monsters)
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    From what I have heard the developers admitted to releasing the patch gradually, as in releasing small parts of it instead of it as a whole. And so far it looks pretty real to me, no big surprise to see the country it originates from to have it before the other servers. But meh, I'm not really concerned about all of this, only the high levels or the people spending a lot of cash would want to seriously play the new classes, unless you got bored of your current one..
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man those moves seem way too powerful for a class. Kill in 1 hit, heal % increased, teleport where you choose, avoid ticking charm faster... sounds so fake but many people believe it is true. If this is the case, tideborn should be the only class necessary to play the game and that will be very boring. I can already see it being impossible to find tt parties or future bh and fb parties because everyone made a new account for this race
    b:shocked
  • TsaligiWaya - Sanctuary
    TsaligiWaya - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ya know... this is goin to be really interesting. There IS a lot of material and programming to impliment, and this is bound to create more bugz,lagz ect. Op or not.. does not really matter. No matter how OP.. powerful.. maxed.. blah blah blah.. there is always someone ... somewhere... out there... who is going to get in those few lucky hits that take you down and out.

I personally am dying to see the new race and " play " with builds, skills, combo's ... like a kid in a candy shop !!

Got a question for you guys n gals tho

Mounts? ... what kind of mount do you suppose the " Mer-dom People " use... we have losters, fish that cant swim in water, manta's that fly....

well.... why not ???

Pegasus SEAHORSE !!!b:chuckle
  • zeallia
    zeallia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why don't we all wait for it to come out and finds out the truth... for those who got the patience. =D

Lol Edit: I'm excited to play them too like everyone else.
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    updated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nice update on the skills and everything o,o
    1 word..
    "wow"

Im gonna make an Assassin O.O ..No.. Psychic... No Assassin!..No o.o Psychic!

Oh hell, Im gonna make both! XD b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man those moves seem way too powerful for a class. Kill in 1 hit, heal % increased, teleport where you choose, avoid ticking charm faster... sounds so fake but many people believe it is true. If this is the case, tideborn should be the only class necessary to play the game and that will be very boring. I can already see it being impossible to find tt parties or future bh and fb parties because everyone made a new account for this race

I gotta say all the qqers that post things like this are **** and yes I really mean **** because:

1. How the H*ll is the tideborn gonna be the only class necessary, unless u can magically make the Physic or Assassin a tank, or let them have the ability to lurer 1 mob at a time, or have stack heals, or have a skill that takes 16% max hp, or have AOE STUNS massive aoes, and Ultimate attacks that make you cry because of how good they are and the debuffs they give there is No way they can replace EVERY class, which proves that mainly that your just QQ because you were not here at the start of these new classes and are mad you leveled your class b4 this 1.

2. These new classes are going 2 make this game interesting and if you had an ounce of an imagination you would see that, or even an IQ over 29. These new classes means: 1 New places to explore 2. New quest, whole new way to look at the game and 3. More people to come and play this game so More people=More PVP, more Mats, more everything.

3. Dont get mad that you cant get a TT/fb party easily because if you wanted to you could easily ask people in your guild or w8 for people in your guild to level up and do their fbs. Saying this general statement shows that you are greedy for the main fact as you wanna be in every FB/TT party and the fact is you wont.

So stop with the Excessive QQ's and deal with it
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ha, a Rogue class.

I already have a Veno rolled as a name placeholder for my Psychic.

While I sincerely doubt the 1-hit KO skill will be usable in PvP (just as the Archer's knockback isn't), I'll bet Assassins will still probably be a pretty great PvP class.

The Tideborn city looks like some crazy Atlantis.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Zhao_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhao_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I gotta say all the qqers that post things like this are **** and yes I really mean **** because:

1. How the H*ll is the tideborn gonna be the only class necessary, unless u can magically make the Physic or Assassin a tank, or let them have the ability to lurer 1 mob at a time, or have stack heals, or have a skill that takes 16% max hp, or have AOE STUNS massive aoes, and Ultimate attacks that make you cry because of how good they are and the debuffs they give there is No way they can replace EVERY class, which proves that mainly that your just QQ because you were not here at the start of these new classes and are mad you leveled your class b4 this 1.

2. These new classes are going 2 make this game interesting and if you had an ounce of an imagination you would see that, or even an IQ over 29. These new classes means: 1 New places to explore 2. New quest, whole new way to look at the game and 3. More people to come and play this game so More people=More PVP, more Mats, more everything.

3. Dont get mad that you cant get a TT/fb party easily because if you wanted to you could easily ask people in your guild or w8 for people in your guild to level up and do their fbs. Saying this general statement shows that you are greedy for the main fact as you wanna be in every FB/TT party and the fact is you wont.

+1 What he said
  • Preppy - Dreamweaver
    Preppy - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    +1 What he said

+2, good points
  • Ballador - Sanctuary
    Ballador - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I agree with some of your points, but I dissagree on you accusing people on being too greedy. many people will go to the tideborn race, that is a fact, and that will reduce the online population on each of the 6 current classes. now here is my point: if barbs are hard to find for RB gamma already, imagine when the barb population decreases even more, I have had trouble already with finding other classes that are easier to find, people moving to the new race will simply make the assembling of RB squads, for example, harder than it already is
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree with some of your points, but I dissagree on you accusing people on being too greedy. many people will go to the tideborn race, that is a fact, and that will reduce the online population on each of the 6 current classes. now here is my point: if barbs are hard to find for RB gamma already, imagine when the barb population decreases even more, I have had trouble already with finding other classes that are easier to find, people moving to the new race will simply make the assembling of RB squads, for example, harder than it already is

I totally agree with what you said but the fact of the matter is after about 3 week-4weeks after patch, people will start rolling the "Neccesary" classes even moreso because they will hear

1. Server needs more " Barbs or Clerics" (Only example) Which means they get into parties easier, and everyone wants to be the one that can get into a squad with a simple "XX barb looking for squad"

2. Not classes are mainly with their appeal and people that just start the game will usually look at all the classes as We all did, then pick their class according to what they wanna do in their total gaming exprience. Example, when I started this game, everyone was talking about "O Bms are soo good, they get like 4 weapons and they can AOE Stun and Aoe etc etc" but when it came down to picking i picked archers because hey I liked critting, hey I liked being ranged, Hey i like not using HP or mp as much because i dont get it so I went with Archers.

The main point I wanna make is, everyone has their own opinion and everyone will not stay with Tideborn. People will be like "O its 2 hard in the beginning" or " **** they dont get parties often" or find some reason to change to different classes.
    And with all the hype about these classes that will bring in a flood of people which means there will be More Barbs or there will be Mor clerics then ever before BUT, that also means there will be more people then ever before.

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I totally agree with what you said but the fact of the matter is after about 3 week-4weeks after patch, people will start rolling the "Neccesary" classes even moreso because they will hear

1. Server needs more " Barbs or Clerics" (Only example) Which means they get into parties easier, and everyone wants to be the one that can get into a squad with a simple "XX barb looking for squad"

2. Not classes are mainly with their appeal and people that just start the game will usually look at all the classes as We all did, then pick their class according to what they wanna do in their total gaming exprience. Example, when I started this game, everyone was talking about "O Bms are soo good, they get like 4 weapons and they can AOE Stun and Aoe etc etc" but when it came down to picking i picked archers because hey I liked critting, hey I liked being ranged, Hey i like not using HP or mp as much because i dont get it so I went with Archers.

The main point I wanna make is, everyone has their own opinion and everyone will not stay with Tideborn. People will be like "O its 2 hard in the beginning" or " **** they dont get parties often" or find some reason to change to different classes.
    And with all the hype about these classes that will bring in a flood of people which means there will be More Barbs or there will be Mor clerics then ever before BUT, that also means there will be more people then ever before.

~Silver

beautiful
    Silver let our Tideborns marry each otherb:kiss
    Groom pays for wedding b:sin*points to silver*
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    beautiful
    Silver let our Tideborns marry each otherb:kiss
    Groom pays for wedding b:sin*points to silver*

Um... Unless i see a shotgun pointed to my head its either No or H*ll no XD *walks away and sees Mizu getting Pyro ready* ahhh Damn it

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Um... Unless i see a shotgun pointed to my head its either No or H*ll no XD *walks away and sees Mizu getting Pyro ready* ahhh Damn it

who needs pyro when you have lvl 10 sandstorm, lvl 10 earth mastery and 14% crit rate >:D
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    who needs pyro when you have lvl 10 sandstorm, lvl 10 earth mastery and 14% crit rate >:D

o psh Ur a LA mage, fail..... XD

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    o psh Ur a LA mage, fail..... XD

It still one shots anything LA/HA with under 10k HP b:shutup

and i can 2 shot clerics my level using sandstorm > stone rain b:cute
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options

Im guessing their unrefined and if they dont see it coming Cuz i KNO for a fact a BM would Magic Sutra and then stun u. Im sure a Barb would which to tiger form and run away. And im sure as h*ll that a Cleric would sleep the **** outta u and just fly away XD

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im guessing their unrefined and if they dont see it coming Cuz i KNO for a fact a BM would Magic Sutra and then stun u. Im sure a Barb would which to tiger form and run away. And im sure as h*ll that a Cleric would sleep the **** outta u and just fly away XD

sadly...too many people do that
    I just want to play b:sad
    I had to get spark pots so i can sutra + stun >.>
    plus i leveled my freeze so they can stay still >.>
    then i do what i want with them
    wanna see how it feels?

In order to have 10k HP you need to be pretty heavily refined
    and yes clerics with TT80 gold and 5.5k Hp have trashy armor
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    sadly...too many people do that
    I just want to play b:sad
    I had to get spark pots so i can sutra + stun >.>
    plus i leveled my freeze so they can stay still >.>
    then i do what i want with them
    wanna see how it feels?

In order to have 10k HP you need to be pretty heavily refined
    and yes clerics with TT80 gold and 5.5k Hp have trashy armor

1. If you said u can 1 shot any LA/HA under 10k hp why would you have to Sutra because if this statment were true all you would have to do is drop out of the sky, Silence them then "1 shot" them so u just contradicted yourself good job.

2. By the skills you just named to me, Why would you level freeze to make them stand still, last time I heard Freeze +Sandstorm+Stone Rain= 3 skills, but hey that might be just me

3. Um i am a Non refined, npc geared (gave my gear away) Lvl 73 archer, ill pass

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1. If you said u can 1 shot any LA/HA under 10k hp why would you have to Sutra because if this statment were true all you would have to do is drop out of the sky, Silence them then "1 shot" them so u just contradicted yourself good job.

2. By the skills you just named to me, Why would you level freeze to make them stand still, last time I heard Freeze +Sandstorm+Stone Rain= 3 skills, but hey that might be just me

3. Um i am a Non refined, npc geared (gave my gear away) Lvl 73 archer, ill pass

i said too many not all people.
    some people attempt to fight back and lose

After that they learn to run b:surrender
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm intimidated Mizuoni... I really am..

Sarcasm
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options

You might wanna change your post to many then because last time I checked, many is spelled M-A-N-Y not "anything" or "Clerics my level" but again, might just be me tho

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    forks89 wrote: »
    I'm intimidated Mizuoni... I really am..

Sarcasm

who are you????
    You might wanna change your post to many then because last time I checked, many is spelled M-A-N-Y not "anything" or "Clerics my level" but again, might just be me tho

it does but if they wont stay still i have to take in other measures.
    And sometimes occult ice is on cooldown so i have to resort to my control skills >.>

one shot = skill does more damage than opponent HP
    if a person has 5.5k HP and i do
    hailstorm (1k damage) > undine strike (500 damage ) > BT (7.8k damage) i just one shot them
  • roguesilverwolf
    roguesilverwolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when does the new race come out exactly? does anyone know?
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

There is no set date for when it (the Xpack) will be released. That generally how things work in the MMO gaming world. New patches and expansions will come out when the devs feel it's ready.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Chamiseul - Lost City
    Chamiseul - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

November the 25th is the date for closed beta, so it may come out @ mid December i think...
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    November the 25th is the date for closed beta, so it may come out @ mid December i think...

theres a closed beta now b:puzzled

ohhh man I so cant wait for the expansion, I wanna be a phychic so bad b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.