Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    eww...5 stars should be the hardest....

Ah right. So you're saying Assassin will be very hard to play while Psychic will be mediocre?
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think 5 stars = easiest to control / play (easiest to play with no skill) 1 star = Hardest to control/ play (Hardest to play requires skill)

I think 5 star would take the most skill, while 1 star is facerollyourkeyboard.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think 5 star would take the most skill, while 1 star is facerollyourkeyboard.

You mean like veno? b:avoid
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think 5 stars = easiest to control / play (easiest to play with no skill) 1 star = Hardest to control/ play (Hardest to play requires skill)
    i think so too since it says controlling;
    controlling: ...............★★★

If
    ★=poor
    ★★=decent
    ★★★=good
    ★★★★=very good
    ★★★★★= excellent

then the meaning pretty much matches what the stars are intended for
    Phychic
    PvP ability: ..............★★★★★excellent
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★★excellent
    Grinding ability: .........★★★★very good
    instants requirement: .★★★★★excellent
    controlling: ...............★★★ moderate

assasin
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★very good
    Grinding ability: .........★★★moderate
    instants requirement: .★★★★very good
    controlling: ...............★★★★★excellent

-How good is the pvp ability?
    -How good does it fight squaded?
    -How good is their grinding ability/
    -How needed are they in instances?
    -How easy are they to control?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think so too since it says controlling;
    controlling: ...............★★★

If
    ★=poor
    ★★=decent
    ★★★=good
    ★★★★=very good
    ★★★★★= excellent

then the meaning pretty much matches what the stars are intended for
    Phychic
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★★excellent
    Grinding ability: .........★★★★very good
    instants requirement: .★★★★★excellent
    controlling: ...............★★★ moderate

assasin
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★very good
    Grinding ability: .........★★★moderate
    instants requirement: .★★★★very good
    controlling: ...............★★★★★poor

-How good is the pvp ability?
    -How good does it fight squaded?
    -How good is their grinding ability/
    -How needed are they in instances?
    -How hard are they to control?

b:faint well...i just checked, controlling here means 'player skill requirement'.
    venom:.......★★★
    barb:..........★★★
    phychic:......★★★
    bm:.............★★★★
    archer:.........★★★★
    cleric:...........★★★★
    mage:...........★★★★★
    assassin:.......★★★★★
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:faint well...i just checked, controlling here means 'player skill requirement'.
    venom:.......★★★
    barb:..........★★★
    phychic:......★★★
    bm:.............★★★★
    archer:.........★★★★
    cleric:...........★★★★
    mage:...........★★★★★
    assassin:.......★★★★★
    I think its a bit weird that the assasin tops the phychic, since the phychic seems more less hp and def, with multiple spells they need to juggle around for every hit, and in a way seems closer to the mage in aspect.

but, on a side note,

i think alot of other classes would be pissed to see this ★fact sheet lol
    b:chuckle
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well if playing assasin is like playing mage....

lvl 1-70- you suck
    lvl 71-79 - somewhat better
    lvl 80-88 decent
    lvl 89-98 you are equal to other classes
    lvl 99+ you ****

So im guessing a lot of people are going to quit assasin because you wont reach your full potential until endgame.....then again it has 5 stars in pvp ability so....

EDIT:
    @redsrose
    lol ya a lot of other classes might be pissed. How does a psychic seems like a wiz? It has a LOT of defensive capabilities unlike a mage who has a rock shield b:laugh
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

lvl 1-70- you suck
    lvl 80-88 decent
    lvl 99+ you ****

So im guessing a lot of people are going to quit assasin because you wont reach your full potential until endgame.....then again it has 5 stars in pvp ability so....

I can already see what everyone who plays the class will do.

1: Hide in a safe spot
    2: Turn invisible
    3: Run out and kill someone
    4: Run back into safe spot.
    5: Repeat steps 1-4 fighting like the coward you know you are.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited November 2009
    Options

lvl 1-70- you suck
    lvl 80-88 decent
    lvl 99+ you ****

it will be hard to tell till at least 6months pass and the REAL players actually lvl the classes up. In the first 1-2 months youll see oracle noobs that will just be spamming the strongest attacks without much thought and much originality on the stats and gears.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmm...
    10021257398824338.jpg

Here is a video for adults only: Click Me
    Looks like the chinese take this game really seriously >__>;; seems they put in as much effort in advertisement along with the CG making of the logo as much as some famous paying video games do for theirs.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it will be hard to tell till at least 6months pass and the REAL players actually lvl the classes up. In the first 1-2 months youll see oracle noobs that will just be spamming the strongest attacks without much thought and much originality on the stats and gears.

Ya, im looking forward to playing psychic. Im not going to use oracles, but im going to try and level really fast by constantly grinding. I hope they release them near christmas break b:surrenderb:chuckle

Can you answer my edit question from above?
    "How does a psychic seems like a wiz? It has a LOT of defensive capabilities unlike a mage who has a rock shield"
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    EDIT:
    @redsrose
    lol ya a lot of other classes might be pissed. How does a psychic seems like a wiz? It has a LOT of defensive capabilities unlike a mage who has a rock shield b:laugh
    rose hasnt posted in this thread for the longest time :d
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    rose hasnt posted in this thread for the longest time :d

Sorry i meant you, i get you two confused for some reason....b:surrender
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sorry i meant you, i get you two confused for some reason....b:surrender
    How does a psychic seems like a wiz? It has a LOT of defensive capabilities unlike a mage who has a rock shield
    well from one similarity on the defensive side, looking at the first post we can assume:
    "(use magical orb, different orb has different effect when using skills, assists atk during the battle. key word: repression)"

and also from the screeny, that it uses most likely an arcane or LA, with magic being key skills. We can imagine this being one of the squishy classes, altho it may have alot of defensive skills, it will not be able to use them all at once. (like how wizzy have more than 1 buff but are limited usage) Most of the skills seem to be assisting others, how a cleric would do.

Now for the offensive skills side.
    Even tho most skills are for assisting, it doesnt actually tell us HOW strong each attack is and how they are measured. From the 5 stars on pvp and squad fight ability, we can assume there is something more they have than just being 'assist slaves'. Assisting classes usually dont get this much credit.
    PvP ability: ..............★★★★★
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★★
    Grinding ability: .........★★★★

• rose75rip
    rose75rip Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    which would be a more noob-friendly character--assassin or the psychic one?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    rose75rip wrote: »
    which would be a more noob-friendly character--assassin or the psychic one?
    my guess is the assassin.
    it might need more skills to use it to the FULLEST, but like the BM, barb, and archer, im gonna guess that it can keep a physical auto attack on once you engage. Something you cannot keep on with a mage class character because each of their attacks need a button and even macros can be interrupted.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well from one similarity on the defensive side, looking at the first post we can assume:
    "(use magical orb, different orb has different effect when using skills, assists atk during the battle. key word: repression)"

and also from the screeny, that it uses most likely an arcane or LA, with magic being key skills. We can imagine this being one of the squishy classes, altho it may have alot of defensive skills, it will not be able to use them all at once. (like how wizzy have more than 1 buff but are limited usage) Most of the skills seem to be assisting others, how a cleric would do.

Now for the offensive skills side.
    Even tho most skills are for assisting, it doesnt actually tell us HOW strong each attack is and how they are measured. From the 5 stars on pvp and squad fight ability, we can assume there is something more they have than just being 'assist slaves'. Assisting classes usually dont get this much credit.
    PvP ability: ..............★★★★★
    Squad fight ability: ....★★★★★
    Grinding ability: .........★★★★

good point, but after looking at the rating list, im starting to think of the assassin as a close range mage.

Psychic is now really confusing me. See i thought like you did. I was going to make my psychic pure magic and go all out attack but now, im not so sure if i should do a cleric vit build or something. It somewhat seems like a cleric. It has good offensive skills that can hurt but also is the "assist slave"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender Sorry kinda stopped following this one...my bad, but looks like it has been answered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Oathtoorder - Sanctuary
    Oathtoorder - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    DUDE !!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS !!! b:victory WHOO ^_^
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    good point, but after looking at the rating list, im starting to think of the assassin as a close range mage.

Psychic is now really confusing me. See i thought like you did. I was going to make my psychic pure magic and go all out attack but now, im not so sure if i should do a cleric vit build or something. It somewhat seems like a cleric. It has good offensive skills that can hurt but also is the "assist slave"

Hmm LA psychic FTW :P
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    my guess is the assassin.
    it might need more skills to use it to the FULLEST, but like the BM, barb, and archer, im gonna guess that it can keep a physical auto attack on once you engage. Something you cannot keep on with a mage class character because each of their attacks need a button and even macros can be interrupted.

i dont know about that Decep. from the looks of it it seems that the assassin is a melee class using light armor. that can open up a whole new world of hurt if you are not using skills right. an archer has light armor on but an archer don't get hit often, and even an archer played wrong (cough using DoTs) can be painful in mob fights if he receive hits regularly...bms and barbs both have heavy armor and still they have physical defense boosts.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Michiiko - Lost City
    Michiiko - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OMG! They look waaaay awesome but... o.o
    when are they coming to pwi ?

I heard November but.... b:surrender b:puzzled

If anyone knows, reply me b:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    forks89 wrote: »
    Hmm LA psychic FTW :P

but as LA you wont do much damage like a pure can. Psychic has 20 meter aoes. I think i would want to be pure mag to take advantage of that :P
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    oh god oh god oh god

psychic orgy pl0x
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but as LA you wont do much damage like a pure can. Psychic has 20 meter aoes. I think i would want to be pure mag to take advantage of that :P

Mmm see but realize this... If you go more of a "vit" build similar to a cleric, typically you would sacrifice 3 points to vit every 2 levels.. An LA build only requires 4 points every 2 levels, gives you much better survivability, and a much higher crit rate. My damage will easily over power anyone who uses a vit build and it will only be a little bit smaller (on average because of crit) than a pure build.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    forks89 wrote: »
    Mmm see but realize this... If you go more of a "vit" build similar to a cleric, typically you would sacrifice 3 points to vit every 2 levels.. An LA build only requires 4 points every 2 levels, gives you much better survivability, and a much higher crit rate. My damage will easily over power anyone who uses a vit build and it will only be a little bit smaller (on average because of crit) than a pure build.

Like an LA wiz but with that amount of aoes and of that size, i think constant damage would be much better, not to mention you can get a decent amount of crit as pure.

But...if i go LA on my psychic....i can transfer 12% critb:dirty
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <3 korren b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <3 korren b:kiss
    +1 =D

I am very much so looking forward to the release and tbh im thinkin Phychic.. coming from a pure magic Wiz...

Build Wise idk yet.. u hav alot to consider..
    Pure Magic.. Sick Damage xP
    LA.. Same difference as LA Wiz and Pure Wiz..
    HYBRID is the 1 that is intreging me tho.. because the 1 thing you have all forgot to consider is how much Hp u get per Vit..
    Mage and Cleric get 10 Hp per Vit.. for all we know a phychic get 15 + hp per vit...

So im undecided on build of corse but pritty sure ima b a phychic..

And to EVERYONE who is claiming that the new classes are overpowered and such.. Remember.. This information is NOT 100% reliable.. things can change still...

And To the Ppl who thinks BM is out of game.. remember a Assassin wears Light armor.. Imo an assassin resembles alot of an archer but with a few other things throw in there.. by the looks of skills the assassin cant take a beating.. i mean it has skills to dodge damage and dodge status effects.. obiously there meant to b used..
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Annabella - Heavens Tear
    Annabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What do you mean by Controlling? Ya know where you put the star rating. b:thanks
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is it known ?

From http://www.everyjoe.com/mmotaku/perfect-world-tideborn-debuts-on-nov-25th/
    We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief as Perfect World Co. Ltd., developer of hit massively multiplayer online role-playing games like Ether Saga and Jade Dynasty, announces the upcoming alpha testing of the Tideborn patch for Perfect World on November 25th, 2009.

From Super Moderator Xia Wei Yang http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1421733&extra=page%3D1
    November 25, "perfect prequel" "Mermaid Legend" in "the world's limited experience, clothes" and open the packaging and testing occasion ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.