Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Comments

• forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    who are you????

one shot = skill does more damage than opponent HP
    if a person has 5.5k HP and i do
    hailstorm (1k damage) > undine strike (500 damage ) > BT (7.8k damage) i just one shot them

I am someone that happens to laugh whenever someone talks trash on the forums that they are a little full of themselves saying people "run" from them.

And by definition... one shot is just that a one shot... Hitting them 3 times before they kill them would be a three shot.. I could careless if you do more damage than their total hp with your final attack... it still took you more than one hit to kill them.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    November the 25th is the date for closed beta, so it may come out @ mid December i think...
    theres a closed beta now b:puzzled

ohhh man I so cant wait for the expansion, I wanna be a phychic so bad b:laugh

Please give some more details on your information on the "closed beta" I would be interested to know if these are facts or just random trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mind you, some people are taking information from the Chinese version and thinking it applies here too. Let me reiterate that anything you hear there may not necessarily be the same for here.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    I am someone that happens to laugh whenever someone talks trash on the forums that they are a little full of themselves saying people "run" from them.

And by definition... one shot is just that a one shot... Hitting them 3 times before they kill them would be a three shot.. I could careless if you do more damage than their total hp with your final attack... it still took you more than one hit to kill them.

one shot = damage > HP

:P
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Piccavany - Harshlands
    Piccavany - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mind you, some people are taking information from the Chinese version and thinking it applies here too. Let me reiterate that anything you hear there may not necessarily be the same for here.

Don't crush our dreams!b:sadb:cry
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thats awesome!!!

expansion? are we gonna have to pay for this?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please try not to double post, you can edit your previous posts to add stuff, like I've done above.

I'm not sure why you would need to pay for an expansion of a free-to-play gameb:shocked
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    thats awesome!!!

expansion? are we gonna have to pay for this?

LMAO this guy is hilarious.b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    too bad TT100 can only refresh stats =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    one shot = damage > HP

:P

nope, sorryb:bye
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please try not to double post, you can edit your previous posts to add stuff, like I've done above.

I'm not sure why you would need to pay for an expansion of a free-to-play gameb:shocked

Start telling people the cost to play will double and watch the reactions. See if anyone picks up on it. b:chuckle
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    Start telling people the cost to play will double and watch the reactions. See if anyone picks up on it. b:chuckle

Ooo Mmm GEEEEE!! its going to cost twice as much!!!

b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venusia - Harshlands
    Venusia - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Man, this expansion looks so awesome...

I'm so excited to try out the new classes that I've almost lost all interest in the game as it is now. ^_^; Guess it isn't too smart to stop playing a class I know I love just to wait for a class I know very little about, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up having a Tideborn as my new main.

The Psychic looks like my kind of class. :3 It's like the Wizard class in defense mode. (If the information in the original post is accurate, the Psychic will definitely be a Wizard's worst nightmare, what with the "interrupt" skill, elemental immunity skill, among some of the other things listed...) I also love the idea of magical orbs instead of wands and staves; also, the idea of different orbs having different effects? I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it will be interesting to look into.

The Assassin looks pretty cool, though I was hoping they'd be able to use fist/claw weapons. Oh, well - dual daggers are cool, too. The invisibility skill will be very useful. Not as interesting to me as the Psychic, but it definitely looks like it would be worth trying.

I don't think these new classes will be as OP as some people think they will be; even though most of the skill effects are amazing, mana/chi cost and other restrictions are not known as of yet. In fact, any of the classes could be considered OP if just their effects were listed, without the cost.

I'm still wondering what the Tideborn's flying mounts will be...my imagination fails me in this case. I can only think of seashells or fish (Did someone say seahorse?), both of which are pretty obvious. Or...a mount that gives the user the appearance of riding a wave would be awesome! I wouldn't mind a sea-serpent either, but that might just be wishful thinking because the Untamed have dibs on beasts.

-edit-

Never mind, I just saw the stickied thread. Wings? I just hope they'll be better than the Elves' wings...

Must...have...patience... >.<;
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Man, this expansion looks so awesome...

I'm so excited to try out the new classes that I've almost lost all interest in the game as it is now. ^_^; Guess it isn't too smart to stop playing a class I know I love just to wait for a class I know very little about, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up having a Tideborn as my new main.

The Psychic looks like my kind of class. :3 It's like the Wizard class in defense mode. (If the information in the original post is accurate, the Psychic will definitely be a Wizard's worst nightmare, what with the "interrupt" skill, elemental immunity skill, among some of the other things listed...) I also love the idea of magical orbs instead of wands and staves; also, the idea of different orbs having different effects? I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it will be interesting to look into.

The Assassin looks pretty cool, though I was hoping they'd be able to use fist/claw weapons. Oh, well - dual daggers are cool, too. The invisibility skill will be very useful. Not as interesting to me as the Psychic, but it definitely looks like it would be worth trying.

I don't think these new classes will be as OP as some people think they will be; even though most of the skill effects are amazing, mana/chi cost and other restrictions are not known as of yet. In fact, any of the classes could be considered OP if just their effects were listed, without the cost.

I'm still wondering what the Tideborn's flying mounts will be...my imagination fails me in this case. I can only think of seashells or fish (Did someone say seahorse?), both of which are pretty obvious. Or...a mount that gives the user the appearance of riding a wave would be awesome! I wouldn't mind a sea-serpent either, but that might just be wishful thinking because the Untamed have dibs on beasts.

Must...have...patience... >.<;
    Flying fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Venusia - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Flying fish.

It's an entertaining thought, flying fish... :P

The Tideborn are going to have to watch out for flying hungry people...particularly those who enjoy seafood. >.<;

-edit-

In the stickied thread, it says that the flying mounts will be a new type of wing...I think I preferred the flying fish idea...
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What kind of flying mounts will the Tideborn use?
    A: The Tideborn will use a new set of wings exclusive to their race.

I would have never guessed, either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    So,wings made of fish scales and bones and stuff. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Venusia - Harshlands
    edited October 2009

Yes, I saw this shortly after I posted. Thank you for posting it here, though. =3

I'm really disappointed...seriously, wings? The Tideborn are mermaids; wings just don't make sense. (I realize that not a whole lot in PW makes sense, but still...) I wonder if this is something else based on Chinese mythology, or if they are just making stuff up now. I guess I'll look it up after class.

@AlbireoTwo: Actually, I think fish scale wings sound kinda cool. I think it's likely that they'll look like fins, though. >.>;
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It would be better to give the Untamed all birds and such, then give the Tideborn the mantas. Because mantas ARE sea creatures.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    (If the information in the original post is accurate, the Psychic will definitely be a Wizard's worst nightmare, what with the "interrupt" skill, elemental immunity skill, among some of the other things listed...)

Oh yay more picking on the wizards. Just what we needed. It isn't bad enough that we don't even start til 90+. I really hope there is less wizard ownage by this class.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Chamiseul - Lost City
    Chamiseul - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    heres some new about the gear upgrade system:

TT90 gold helm and cape can be upgrade to G15

TT and lunar gears will be sperated into 2 different upgrade system.(whitch means there will be 2 kinds of G15 gears)

There will be G15 light helm and more capes.

u can choose to pay mats for refine, socket and shards, if not, u will loose refine lvls and shards on your gear and get random sockets.

G15 dual axes
    1030013s.jpg

G15 pataka
    1030014s.jpg
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sweat Updated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    where are you getting this info?

Must see proof of skills.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why not give the full size of the images? >_>

1030013.jpg
    1030014.jpg

pictures of what i guess the new dungeon will be

1030015.jpg
    1030012.jpg
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    -.-; this thread has kinda been proven mute or moot or however its spelled anyways its been proven because in your thread you said there will be new underwater dungeons in the GM's post they put there will be no underwater dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    -.-; this thread has kinda been proven mute or moot or however its spelled anyways its been proven because in your thread you said there will be new underwater dungeons in the GM's post they put there will be no underwater dungeons.

They said there won't be an underwater dungeon RIGHT AWAY, but one is coming out shortly after rising tide.

if your going to get all nit-picky about it, read from here, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=469452
    "Will there be an underwater dungeon?
    A: There will of course be new content that takes place underwater. At release there will not be an underwater dungeon, but that doesnt mean that it isnt in the pipeline."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Those Axes Look Soooooooo Cooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cody126483652443795993772552
    cody126483652443795993772552 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i heared they comin in nov.
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i heared they comin in nov.

Yes supposely 27th November hope sob:thanks
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They said there won't be an underwater dungeon RIGHT AWAY, but one is coming out shortly after rising tide.

if your going to get all nit-picky about it, read from here, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=469452
    "Will there be an underwater dungeon?
    A: There will of course be new content that takes place underwater. At release there will not be an underwater dungeon, but that doesnt mean that it isnt in the pipeline."

At release time there will not be an underwater dungeon. It does not say shortly after the release at all. It simply says that it could be in the works but doesnt necessarily mean that it is either.
This discussion has been closed.