Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    drmarley wrote: »
    A 9x could roll his face on the keyboard and take out a 7x.

yesh, yesh

they could @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not if you sit on your butt all day long killing wicked pirates.

Hey, I use esos too... b:shedtear

Anyway, yeah. I don't plan on using THAT many oracles. I do, however, want 80 in a week. XD I'm eating lots of sushi in preparation.
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As opposed to sitting on your butt all day fighting various mobs, doing HH runs, doing BH runs, maybe some PVPing.

Doing those things will bring experience that will make you a better player.
    Fighting wicked pirated all day will bring you experience...in fighting wicked pirates
    natedog97 wrote: »
    One mob with same weaknesses and attacks

vs

Variety of mobs with different weaknesses and different attacks

Yes I would say that it makes a difference after all a Pker is not going to spam the same skills as a wicked pirate for you to counter.

The Variety gives you training in ALL DIFFERENT types of situations...

So for the oracle users keep up the good work...

But once I catch up to you in lvl don't expect to win to many fights against me because I will know how to react in different situations.
    My point was the "sitting on your butt" part.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    natedog97 wrote: »
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when you get to lvl 9x and people in there 70s can beat you cause you have no idea how to play or build the new class properly because you "power leveled" them.

For all those planning to use Scarlet fruits and oracles to get the new classes to 90+ as soon as possible.... You do realize that you will have no idea what the best skills are, or even combos to use them.... You will be FAIL in that class and everyone will laugh at your attempts to PK or do any instances.

Not true.

While I don't plan on using oracles at all and never have used them, I have to be honest here. An experienced player will already know all the different aspects of pk, instances, bosses, abilities of bosses, abilities of other classes, good equipment, refines and items and whatever else. Basically they just need to get used to their new skill set and character aspects, flaws and advantages. An experienced, skilled player could master this fairly well in a week or two if they put in the effort.

This is not like a new player being given a 9x wiz or bm or whatever. Some of those using oracles will know exactly what they're doing and will learn fast.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah...this thread pretty much confirmed my suspicions that the Assassin will most likely be horribly overpowered once they come out until they figure out how to balance them...
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Dark, Doing Oracle 2 lvl 90+ is pretty much handing someone a lvl 90 char and expecting them 2 be a "good char". and the people that did this oracles with lets say "bms" Had guidelines and builds 2 follow, it was called Bm guides, there is going 2 be New flaws and Advantages, new skills and lets face it, your not going 2 find the true potential of a skill if ur just "spaming buttons" and looking at effects till the boss is dead...period
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Dark, Doing Oracle 2 lvl 90+ is pretty much handing someone a lvl 90 char and expecting them 2 be a "good char". and the people that did this oracles with lets say "bms" Had guidelines and builds 2 follow, it was called Bm guides, there is going 2 be New flaws and Advantages, new skills and lets face it, your not going 2 find the true potential of a skill if ur just "spaming buttons" and looking at effects till the boss is dead...period

You missed a part of his post when you said it's the same as handing someone a character.
    This is not like a new player being given a 9x wiz or bm or whatever.

Once the first few classes are figured out, it's not that hard to make a basic build for it. A pure arcane cleric build = a pure arcane wizard build = a pure arcane veno build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree. For those who have already played and played and played this game, it's not really that hard to determine a build for these new classes. You look at the required weapon, as well as the required gear, and give yourself points to equip said weapon and gear. If there are leftover points, you either put them into more attack power, whether that be Str, Dex, or Mag, or if you want to be less squishy, put it into Vit. As for figuring out the skills, and how they can combo... Killing a Pirate probably won't give you the experience for that.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle don't think of it as change, think of it as a wonderful addition to an already wonderful world.

also mermaids are the best, so...

"Merman , Dad, Mer-MAN!"

/Zoolander moment.
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree. For those who have already played and played and played this game, it's not really that hard to determine a build for these new classes. You look at the required weapon, as well as the required gear, and give yourself points to equip said weapon and gear. If there are leftover points, you either put them into more attack power, whether that be Str, Dex, or Mag, or if you want to be less squishy, put it into Vit. As for figuring out the skills, and how they can combo... Killing a Pirate probably won't give you the experience for that.

The only thing that will be a challenge is getting the character skills.. Like which are good, which are useless. At the end it won't matter anyways because you will most likely max everything by 90...
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • /Alex/ - Sanctuary
    /Alex/ - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bawksy wrote: »
    The only thing that will be a challenge is getting the character skills.. Like which are good, which are useless. At the end it won't matter anyways because you will most likely max everything by 90...

QFT b:chuckle
  • Faize - Heavens Tear
    Faize - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wow nice pic / art work, totally love the physic , cant wait till its come out b:dirty , but if that what assassin looking , bleh caster all the way b:victory
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    >_< Just great... The legendary giant turtle pet T_T I gotta save up again...
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im really excited, bring it on x3
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Sinker - Sanctuary
    Sinker - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wow the video is amazing i can;t wait for them to come.....me go for an Assasinb:laughb:victory
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Skills updated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghostk11
    ghostk11 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, if those skill descriptions are correct.... You have settled the debate for everyone. Assassins it is !! >:D

Yeah they will be OP so bye-bye venos.... Here comes some interesting twists in TW Im sure... Hopefully....

Not to mention it will only take a week for people to get to 80 on tideborns anyways...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ghostk11 wrote: »
    Well, if those skill descriptions are correct.... You have settled the debate for everyone. Assassins it is !! >:D

Yeah they will be OP so bye-bye venos.... Here comes some interesting twists in TW Im sure... Hopefully....

Not to mention it will only take a week for people to get to 80 on tideborns anyways...

assassins wont be that OP. Daggers damage range suck. If assassins didnt have the skill set they have people would complain how weak they are. psychic skills grab my attention. Apparently, their damage is weapon based opposite to assassin whose damage is skill based. IMO a psychic with a warsoul is OP. 100 atk lvl means double your damage. I didnt see the instakill skill.... PSYCHIC FTW!!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • themomis
    themomis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The Tideborn was probably part of the creation of the game to begin with but they waited to release it. Every race has its strengths and weaknesses. There are a lot of variables to creating and playing any char. What points go for what skills, what skills to level and how to use those skills. Everyone plays differently and that's what makes this game interesting. We can make the chars our own and get involved in the world that is created together. Some like to play PvP others are strictly PvE and how one plays each is different.
    I am very excited about this expansion and cant wait. It's going to be very hard to play my wizzy while i wait. The excitement of the first time I dl'ed this game is back.

Physic FTW b:victory
    There is no such thing as " Pay to Win". It's a MMO, there is no end to it, no one "Wins". There IS a " Pay so you don't suck as bad and you look cool doing it".

Blue type makes my head feel funny

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1 hit kill....plz ppl wake up.....even if it was a skill isnt working for pvp....its just that simple
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2009
  • Aryasmodeus - Heavens Tear
    Aryasmodeus - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    -puts on her shades- I'm invisdibul. b:laugh

This is gonna be so frikkin rad. Imma hop around invisi-mode spying on all the TW-fact leaders ALL DAY. b:dirty

OMG and in DT? -sneaks in and steals a chest-

This is gonna be so frikkin rad.
    We all die in the end for a little taste of glory.
    Or soup. I'm quite fond of soup.
  • blazingzero
    blazingzero Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    assassins wont be TOO bad im thinking either the 5% one shot is the lvl 100skill for the assassin OR accuracy and evasion will come into play...5%=0% if u miss and chances of a lvl 30 even hitting a lvl 100 are unlikely....assassins are gonna be LA fist bms with mermaid powas. im wondering if an assassin can just waltz to the boss in a BH with the invis skill though

heres a question (anti invisible skill for assassins?) will there be invisible mobs? that seems like only an assassin could kill that unless of course they give certain lvls say 75+ the anti invisible skill which will TAKE THAT MOVE OUT OF PVP and help with invis mobs.

either way im ditching my archer for assassins no matter how nerfed or OP cuz ...there just that cool....MERPEOPLE PWN
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this so so exciting !

i tripped over my chair, bleed some bit, but it was alright XD
    i cant wait to be a mermaid and go fishie fishie swimming xD

LETS see whos the best tanks now huh ^o^
    i can just imagine it Xd

'Hey who took my mats ?"

-goes invisible , sits behind a rock eating chips-
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    don't their skills seem a bit overpowered? and assains seem like copy of archers with better skills
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BTW, in another game I used to play... Rogues ( Assassins) had the ability to have the chance to 1 shot kill.... BUT.. the mobs had to be lower or same level area of the player which if they do that here, will not affect BOSSES unless you play a lower instance etc. AND they had to hit the back of the mob/player to have that chance. ( If they do that in game, in PVP it will be a "dance" between both players to try to avoid having their back to the assassins) Also all skills that were +% to attack were mostly working also if they were hitting the back of the mob/player.
    They also had invisibility and sneak, which again the % of success varied on 1st: what kind of mob, (Ex: skeleton/undead etc were seeing invisibility) 2nd: what level, higher the mob was, less % of chance they had.
    IF Devs do that also in this game, they will not be OP.

As of the Psychic, they seems to be a little bit like the enchanter of that other game, not quite the same though, but the role will probably be the same as it was in that other game. Debuff/Buff, decent damage, the difference was in the other game, enchanter were crowd control which Psychic don't seem to have here.

That's my opinion, don't think any of the classes will be OP, but only time will tell :)
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Man, I can't wait to use Soul of Retaliation on a Veno and laugh as she bleeds herself to death.

b:bye
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    +50 def level? That's a bit much, is it not? XD
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    don't their skills seem a bit overpowered? and assains seem like copy of archers with better skills

theres always someone who has to cry and whine about something new.

suck it up and deal with it jeez.
  • Daxtri - Dreamweaver
    Daxtri - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Looks like that the Physic has got some strange dinossaur looking feets...
This discussion has been closed.