Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wheheh and 1s every1 spend thousends of dollars on there 'endgame gear' they raise lvl b:victoryb:laugh
    Will the level cap increase?
    A: No. The level cap will not increase with the Rising Tide Expansion.

Just for you my friend b:bye
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i truthfully hate this packs, they cause us 'less-fortunate' players to continously try hard to achieve items to sell for a perfect hammer, its a joke i mean i cant even sell a snow hare i caught with my veno without being asked,

"3 anni packs 4 it?"

Seriously, we less-fortunate people need more ways of achieving gold, and coins, i've seen chest of coins for 80k and a perfect hammer for 1.6k million, that isnt fair at all.
    Please remove these packs, and where are the holiday inspired items ?

Halloween packs possibly?
    QQ.
    i hate these packs.
    >.<
    b:angry
  • jushin
    jushin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well I for one like the anniversary pks and i didnt spend any real money on them
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i truthfully hate this packs, they cause us 'less-fortunate' players to continously try hard to achieve items to sell for a perfect hammer, its a joke i mean i cant even sell a snow hare i caught with my veno without being asked,

"3 anni packs 4 it?"

Seriously, we less-fortunate people need more ways of achieving gold, and coins, i've seen chest of coins for 80k and a perfect hammer for 1.6k million, that isnt fair at all.
    Hmm... As much as I don't like the packs, I don't really understand your complaint.

If somebody offers you ~1.5million worth of Anniversary Packs for a Snow Hare, that seems like an insanely good deal. Why wouldn't you take it?

As for Perfect Hammers, I really don't understand why so many people are obsessed with them. It's like PWI has figured out that there's a large population of people who cannot resist the desire to open up presents, even if what's inside is known and isn't worth the price of the tool to open it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would have taken those packs faster then you can say roast bunny.
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    Elrond - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    man! Silencing the duke sucks. How am i going to find citrine gems!

QQ Turn the duke back on!!
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    man! Silencing the duke sucks. How am i going to find citrine gems!

QQ Turn the duke back on!!

Well, one of the complaints about the Duke spam was about how it allows for the richer players to contact the potential newbies who now have godlike gear and buy them from them for ridiculously low prices. I remember that there was some guy here who was actually complaining about how reducing the Duke shouts made him unable to buy the stuff from the people who got it out of the packs.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • XxTonixX - Heavens Tear
    XxTonixX - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    guys,guys those packs are back, as we all know, for the profit :D
    people buy gold with $ for the same price and sell it 5x more expensive in game, so whats the problem? pfw is showing that they know business, making evrything better for them and ppl who like wasting money on gold...I wouldnt b suprised if such packs would come back evry few weeks, so get over it :p
    i got over it by uninstalling the game :)
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "Back by popular demand!" Yeah right.. who demanded them back? I prefer double Exp weekends... And yes I did benefit from this as with 10 gold I made 5mil cash. (I only bought 1 pre-paid card and i'm ok with 10 gold being 10 dollars) But I wasn't in favor for these packs...

I DEMAND double Exp Weekends!

Everyone Post this so we can bring back double exp weeks "by popular demand!"

Thanks for reading this post b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "Back by popular demand!" Yeah right.. who demanded them back? I prefer double Exp weekends... And yes I did benefit from this as with 10 gold I made 5mil cash. (I only bought 1 pre-paid card and i'm ok with 10 gold being 10 dollars) But I wasn't in favor for these packs...

I DEMAND double Exp Weekends!

Everyone Post this so we can bring back double exp weeks "by popular demand!"

Thanks for reading this post b:victory

I am sure you understand, that when a company has a record sales month due to the packs, that those packs ARE POPULAR, or they would not selling....
    Just because some people do not like them, does not change the fact that those packs were the most successful and popular event (in sales, you judge an item being popular by the number of units it sells) ever in the history of PWI.

Trying to argue against it is irrelevant, since you cannot say that the most popular sale ever that brought in record numbers was not popular.

Go ahead and tell us why YOU do not like it, but don't make silly comments as asking how was it popular.
    i got over it by uninstalling the game :)

Lol, you did not get over it yet, since you still posting about it. Getting over would had been to walk away.

See you again when you re-install the game.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Go ahead and tell us why YOU do not like it, but don't make silly comments as asking how was it popular.

sometimes i think you work for pw.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited October 2009
    sometimes i think you work for pw.

Nah, however I have been part of several protests about different causes before. It helps to get things changed when the people protesting do not make silly and easely proven wrong statements, since than it causes the serious issues to also be descridited as exagerations or simple unfounded complains.

Can you honestly tell me, that if you were the person making the decisions, and you know you just had a record month of gold sales due to the packs, that you would keep reading a thread when people are claiming that the packs were not popular? You know how many you sold, you have the numbers, and they tell you they are not popular... are you going to belive them and keep reading or are you going to just dismiss it as "people will just say what they want, even when the facts point to something else."
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nah, however I have been part of several protests about different causes before. It helps to get things changed when the people protesting do not make silly and easely proven wrong statements, since than it causes the serious issues to also be descridited as exagerations or simple unfounded complains.

Can you honestly tell me, that if you were the person making the decisions, and you know you just had a record month of gold sales due to the packs, that you would keep reading a thread when people are claiming that the packs were not popular? You know how many you sold, you have the numbers, and they tell you they are not popular... are you going to belive them and keep reading or are you going to just dismiss it as "people will just say what they want, even when the facts point to something else."

i actually would like to know first if the record was by..
    how many different people bought gold
    or by how much gold was bought?
    Seeing as its the same few names being yelled by duke...
    i would assume its by how much gold was bought, not how many people bought gold.

n e ways..
    ..i think the popular argument from both sides does not work out perfectly.

If your going to put in something like these packs for a "limited time", cant your almost expect that it will sell more than any other "sale"? It was also on sale for a full month, has anything else been on sale for a full month?
    I mean come on, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that the packs will sell more than anything else.

but, from what iv seen in game.. i would assume that its not Popular by the whole community. The only people i know that really like this event, are those that are selling gold for 500k+ to buy their own stuff.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Spoon, pretty please delete the duplicate..

You can delete your own duplicate by editing, and then selecting one of the "delete" check buttons and then clicking the "delete this message" button.

But to get the delete options, you need to have been viewing only your post when you clicked "Edit". To view only your post, you should click on your post number (#1062, in your case).
    edited October 2009
    You can delete your own duplicate by editing, and then selecting one of the "delete" check buttons and then clicking the "delete this message" button.

But to get the delete options, you need to have been viewing only your post when you clicked "Edit". To view only your post, you should click on your post number (#1062, in your case).

thank you. thank you soooooo much
  • Infirm - Harshlands
    Infirm - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    good for you...

also, you wont be missed b:bye

Says the random. (Insert one Perfect World International's fail smiley here)
    edited October 2009

For someone that quited you sure spend alot of time here...
  • Infirm - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    For someone that quited you sure spend alot of time here...

I beg to differ. Unless 3 minutes spent over to the forums is alot of time for you. (I doubt it, you seem quite active and determined to suck up.)
    edited October 2009
    I beg to differ. Unless 3 minutes spent over to the forums is alot of time for you. (I doubt it, you seem quite active and determined to suck up.)

Well yes I am very active, I also play this game. Unlike you.

According to your post:
    "Originally Posted by Infirm - Harshlands
    Yesterday I installed PW and was on my way to start playing again when I suddenly decided to look at the forums.

I uninstalled PW right away."

That means, for someone that quited PWI, you really do spend alot of time here.
  • Infirm - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Well yes I am very active, I also play this game. Unlike you.

According to your post:
    "Originally Posted by Infirm - Harshlands
    Yesterday I installed PW and was on my way to start playing again when I suddenly decided to look at the forums.

I uninstalled PW right away."

That means, for someone that quited PWI, you really do spend alot of time here.

and where in my post does it say I left PW? You see words everywhere, you should take a break.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please take the arguments to PMs folks, this isn't the thread for thatb:victory
    edited October 2009
    On the Packs. Thank you GMs for removing The Duke announcements this patch.
  • Infirm - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Please take the arguments to PMs folks, this isn't the thread for thatb:victory

No.

It's done already.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG it's eatswithspoons GET HIM!!!!

Jking Thanks eat for reading the thousands of posts. I surely hope you guys deliberate on the opinions here. Even though I am mad about the whole pack things , I am happy that at least you guys turned off duke so its bearable. Actually tbh i also feel bad for some of the winners, one faction mate of mines won a Scroll or Tome and she was PM stormed.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmmm so all these posts and questions and when 2 people have a disagreement suddenly a GM pops up to keep things in order but yet hasnt replied to the same questions alot of people are asking...
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    hmmm so all these posts and questions and when 2 people have a disagreement suddenly a GM pops up to keep things in order but yet hasnt replied to the same questions alot of people are asking...

Please read my previous posts in this thread, I've been very clear about my intentions here.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please read my previous posts in this thread, I've been very clear about my intentions here.

which pages? ive missed some and dont fancy reading all 108, ty :)
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009

hmm. pretty sure i'm in the presence of a fellow troll... but if so, my fellow troll is epic fail b:cute
    and where in my post does it say I left PW? You see words everywhere, you should take a break.

i think this is best answered with a direct quote of your original post:

I uninstalled PW right away.

uninstall = not able to play the game = quit
    which pages? ive missed some and dont fancy reading all 108, ty :)

this one is answered with a quote:
    xarfox wrote: »
    Please discuss the recent addition of Anniversary Boxes within this thread. Any flaming or non-constructive criticism will result in your post being removed.

as for my own input:

i think annipacks were a fail addition in the first place, since they give cashshoppers the ability to directly purchase endgame equipment with RL money, which completely unbalances the game. saying that they can't directly buy the equipment is false, as can be seen ingame with the enormous amount of lunar equips being used by the majority of highlvl players in the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Actually I was thinking more along the lines of this
    I think it is unrealistic to think that any one thing I could say would completely placate the entire community. That's not something I seek to do and it would be an insult to everyone if that was truly my goal. I'd prefer that players discuss the situation.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Actually I was thinking more along the lines of this
    I think it is unrealistic to think that any one thing I could say would completely placate the entire community. That's not something I seek to do and it would be an insult to everyone if that was truly my goal. I'd prefer that players discuss the situation.

it's true that not any one thing you can say would fix every concern. however there's an easy action that could fix all the non-QQ complaints (and in turn would of course generate a great deal more QQ, but no (or very, very few, real complaints)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
This discussion has been closed.