Treatment of Clerics

Kagusa - Sanctuary
Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hi , sorry for the title I meant to write ''treat''.
I'm just saying that I think from now on you guys should start treating clerics and barbs better because some little bird told me that squads are having troubles finding them.
That means don't think your gods when there is a cleric , do whatever you want , abuse and blame the cleric for everything when it's your fault.
Also be nice to barbs and don't blame them for doing a mistake because they are there taking hits saving your arses so both classes pretty much saves you.
The reason I'm saying this since you all know new classes assasins and psychics are coming there will be a decrease in the number of every class but since clerics and barbs are really hard to find already they will be like a glass of water in the middle of a desert.
So you guys should start practicing on how not to abuse them.

I was a bit sarcastic if you wanna ask.......kinda
Post edited by Kagusa - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    that was one hell of a long sentence.
    now try that again, with reading signs like . , ! ?
    .... then I can probably read it.

and I gues you mean treating, and not threating b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, first of all, I think you mean treat, not threat. Plus, always remember that punctuation is your friend. And the two new classes are assassin and psychic. Tideborn is the name of the race.

Other than that, yes I do agree that people need to treat clerics and barbs better than they do, but there's always going to be idiots that would rather blame someone else than admit their own failings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    that was one hell of a long sentence.
    now try that again, with reading signs like . , ! ?
    .... then I can probably read it.

and I gues you mean treating, and not threating b:chuckle

you can read now
  • Spankmepls - Dreamweaver
    Spankmepls - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol my main is a barb ...which i quit a few months ago and i now play a cleric ...n if i dont like how someone acts i ussally just let them die. and yes that was all more or less one sentence MUAHAHAHAHA ....DEAL WITH IT
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    and I guess you mean treating, and not threating b:chuckle

I hate it when people like you make fun of people who can not spell right or speak english properly. There is nothing funny about it especially when it is as minor as her mistakes.

As for the original topic I believe the clerics and barbs knew what they were getting themselves into when they picked their class. I don't believe we need to treat them any better than we treat anyone else. However when asking clerics for a res you should compensate them or at least thank them for going out of their way for something as uninteresting as ressing as stranger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:laugh I actually kinda like this thread!

b:sin I'de like free cookies and milk before any run and maybe someone to polish my fur after teh run b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    I hate it when people like you make fun of people who can not spell right or speak english properly. There is nothing funny about it especially when it is as minor as her mistakes.

As for the original topic I believe the clerics and barbs knew what they were getting themselves into when they picked their class. I don't believe we need to treat them any better than we treat anyone else. However when asking clerics for a res you should compensate them or at least thank them for going out of their way for something as uninteresting as ressing as stranger.
    thats not what she is talking about ...she means when ppl put u down call u names n act like ur there slave when u wont do something for them. i get ppl doing sh it like that all the time if i refuse to buff or res them for one reason or another. and ussally i dont becuz those ppl act like that
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thats not what she is talking about ...she means when ppl put u down call u names n act like ur there slave when u wont do something for them. i get ppl doing sh it like that all the time if i refuse to buff or res them for one reason or another

People who do that more than likely will do that to anyone be they barb, cleric, or any other class. You shouldn't expect a person like that to treat you nicely because you are a particular class and they are requesting something only your class can do and honestly you shouldn't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
    edited October 2009
    i didnt say i wantted to be treated nicely ...or any better but most ppl unless they r my friends do that ..act like its my job to do what they say and i have to do it cuz im a cleric or a barb
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    I hate it when people like you make fun of people who can not spell right or speak english properly. There is nothing funny about it especially when it is as minor as her mistakes.QUOTE]

Thank you but I should say that my English is very good and I am very good at writing it too. I make errors on the internet because I don't really care about it because everyone makes mistakes right?
    edited October 2009
    lols i agree ...it doesnt really matter that much
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Meh. It's part and parcel to the Cleric/Barb gig. There are gonna be good days where everyone's showering you with praises for pulling their asses out of the fire at that one boss, and there are times where people are whining cause you let their charm tick once. Just gotta roll with the punches and move along.

At the end of the day, it's SO worth it when I remember that I'm not the one who has to shout my lungs out in WC trying to find someone to heal the tank during my BH/FB/TT runs.
    edited October 2009
    Meh. It's part and parcel to the Cleric/Barb gig. There are gonna be good days where everyone's showering you with praises for pulling their asses out of the fire at that one boss, and there are times where people are whining cause you let their charm tick once. Just gotta roll with the punches and move along.

At the end of the day, it's SO worth it when I remember that I'm not the one who has to shout my lungs out in WC trying to find someone to heal the tank during my BH/FB/TT runs.

lols yeah i can kinda agree with that ..when i played my wizard it was a pain cuz on my cleric or barb half the squad is prettie much done.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Quite a few barbs I meet at random have severly overblown egos, mostly due to the fact that they think they are a tiny minority and therefore feel they should be treated like royalty.

Any **** ups are never their fault, ever. It was lag, or the boss did 5 times its supposed damage, or the cleric is ****. It pisses me off to no end; I've actually started a barb myself due to this.

A week ago I was in a BH, and we were half way through and suddenly the barb says he has to go. Apparently we were doing the BH too slowly for his liking. ???

About clerics, meh. I don't see how they are hard to find. A third of my FL is filled by clerics. Many more I know who are not on that list.

If I squad with a random cleric (for whatever reason) I always expect him to be competent at his role, especially at high level. Why do I expect this? Because this is the responsibility they take as soon as they make their char and they have to live up to it, or quit being a cleric.

Two days ago a friend asked help with BH69, and they had a cleric with them. Everyone except me died at guarnob because he stopped healing for god knows what reason. I asked him "Why are you playing cleric?", he said nothing and left.
    edited October 2009
    david12345 wrote: »
    Quite a few barbs I meet at random have severly overblown egos, mostly due to the fact that they think they are a tiny minority and therefore feel they should be treated like royalty.

Any **** ups are never their fault, ever. It was lag, or the boss did 5 times its supposed damage, or the cleric is ****. It pisses me off to no end; I've actually started a barb myself due to this.

A week ago I was in a BH, and we were half way through and suddenly the barb says he has to go. Apparently we were doing the BH too slowly for his liking. ???

About clerics, meh. I don't see how they are hard to find. A third of my FL is filled by clerics. Many more I know who are not on that list.

If I squad with a random cleric (for whatever reason) I always expect him to be competent at his role, especially at high level. Why do I expect this? Because this is the responsibility they take as soon as they make their char and they have to live up to it, or quit being a cleric.

Two days ago a friend asked help with BH69, and they had a cleric with them. Everyone except me died at guarnob because he stopped healing for god knows what reason. I asked him "Why are you playing cleric?", he said nothing and left.

yeah there is that side of the problem too ..i know a few barbs tht r like that .. and yeah clerics arnt to hard to find unless ur unlucky its jsut a lil hharder then that to find a cleric that knows how to do what they're suppost to. and i know some clerics that act like there god like one i squaded for TT it was a random cleric and she told us she wantted first drop pick cuz she is a cleric when everyone in the squad said no ...not just one or 2 ppl she QQed at us and left
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

I hear ya.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Any **** ups are never their fault, ever. It was lag, or the boss did 5 times its supposed damage, or the cleric is ****.

+ 1 QFT

/10char
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    When I was playing, i would let that aggro-berserking crazed archer who thinks they can tank anything in sight just die....and lay there.....and miss the boss kills, while I heal the tank.

I would let that veno who thinks they will be ok if they run blindly into the mobs ahead of everyone because for some reason, SHE HAS TO GET THERE NOW OR ELSE.

You act like dumbasses, and then yell at me for your own noobish mistakes, you are gonna lose a few angels or exp as a reward for your attitude. b:bye

This is nothing new really. Everyone knows barbs and clerics share the common interest of getting walked all over by every other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Mmmmmmmmmm...gonna guess here...

Giving the benefit of the doubt, it was catastrophic lag.

OR! Flipping to the other side of the coin, they were an Oracleric or just plain idiot...that set up BB and went AFK. The BB got interrupted, they weren't at their post to fix it, and in that one, brief, shining instant...

WTF_BOOM_by_S66IX.jpg
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Any **** ups are never their fault, ever. It was lag, or the boss did 5 times its supposed damage, or the cleric is ****.

TBH the reason they feel like that is because the rest of the player base treats them that way, by not knowing how to work a squad without them.

You see it daily in WC " BH XX squad looking for a Barb " . lol unless its BH69 you dont NEED a Barb, you need a TANK wether thats a Bm/Veno or barb.

Its the same for FF .. dont need a Barb for that, and the same goes for alot of TT's
    edited October 2009
    TBH the reason they feel like that is because the rest of the player base treats them that way, by not knowing how to work a squad without them.

You see it daily in WC " BH XX squad looking for a Barb " . lol unless its BH69 you dont NEED a Barb, you need a TANK wether thats a Bm/Veno or barb.

Its the same for FF .. dont need a Barb for that, and the same goes for alot of TT's

lol well i have done BH70 a few times with a BM ...so u dont really need a barb for that and i know a few venos that can do it. but its alot easier for a barb. FF u really dont need a barb for anything. and TT its nice to have a barb but most bosses u dont need one
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol well i have done BH70 a few times with a BM ...so u dont really need a barb for that and i know a few venos that can do it. but its alot easier for a barb. FF u really dont need a barb for anything. and TT its nice to have a barb but most bosses u dont need one

Thats my point... its no surprise that Barbs have big ego's , if 90% of the player base dont know how to play without them in a squad, and beg them to help
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ...so u dont really need a barb for that and i know a few venos that can do it. but its alot easier for a barb. FF u really dont need a barb for anything. and TT its nice to have a barb but most bosses u dont need one

Lies and slander! b:shocked Without us your squad is fail - nay, you are fail! Worship us nao! b:angry

...b:chuckle Sadly it's true, a lot of tanks do have over-inflated egos. Possibly has to do with being 'that line' between boss & party-wipe, but I'm not going to sit here and play armchair psychologist. My opinion, for whatever it's worth (with current market inflation, I estimate about 1/1000th of a cent), respect and treat well those who have proven their worth. A tank who doesn't slip aggro to your 90x wiz/archer, a cleric who can debuff, heal, purify, group heal, and throw some damage out there as well - in short, a party member who's fulfilling their role expertly, and not just going through the motions because it's expected. Those are the ones you want to friend, and invite every chance you get.

Especially with the flood of oracle scrolls around now, finding a class who's skilled at their job can be a tough task.
    edited October 2009
    lol my old main is a barb (i quit him a few months ago cuz i hated playing him) lv 96 and no one ever wantted my help ..i couldnt get my friends to help me sometimes. im really not sure when everyone started to like them again ..but i have SS's of some of my friends refusing to help me cuz im a barb. there responces mostly ..well we have a veno we dont need a barb u cant do much damage
    edited October 2009
    Lies and slander! b:shocked Without us your squad is fail - nay, you are fail! Worship us nao! b:angry

...b:chuckle Sadly it's true, a lot of tanks do have over-inflated egos. Possibly has to do with being 'that line' between boss & party-wipe, but I'm not going to sit here and play armchair psychologist. My opinion, for whatever it's worth (with current market inflation, I estimate about 1/1000th of a cent), respect and treat well those who have proven their worth. A tank who doesn't slip aggro to your 90x wiz/archer, a cleric who can debuff, heal, purify, group heal, and throw some damage out there as well - in short, a party member who's fulfilling their role expertly, and not just going through the motions because it's expected. Those are the ones you want to friend, and invite every chance you get.

Especially with the flood of oracle scrolls around now, finding a class who's skilled at their job can be a tough task.

b:chuckle well said
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't know what it was exactly; the cleric did not comment.

True, maybe he lagged - but this too is one of his responsibilities; if you are prone to lag then you must inform your party members so that they have a chance to plan ahead and around that issue, or get a second cleric to back you up.

Its common sense, yet so many clerics I have seen go into a FB/BH guns blazing and then we die, cleric simply says lag. Everyone rages and berates the cleric for not informing of his lag. Its one of the biggest party killers for me.

I know, many clerics are afraid to lose their spots if they admit they lag, but whats worse: chance of being kicked or chance of getting the whole party wiped, getting abused, then kicked? For all you know the leader might be considerate and understand this issue.

I play from overseas (read: 200+ ping) and I can count the number of mega lag spikes I got on one hand since I started playing. And even then I minimize and find out I was downloading "stuff". Makes it hard for me to sympathize with people who experience these completely random lag spikes that last long enough so that the whole party is dead to a subpar boss.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thats my point... its no surprise that Barbs have big ego's , if 90% of the player base dont know how to play without them in a squad, and beg them to help

its not true the barbs with big egos are most time the least skilled barbs to who simply think they are great(yes some people think i have a big ego but if a good barb and good cleric is anvailible barbs are most times better then other classes in tanking)
    also people who think only a barb can tank most times call me a fail barb cause im not saving their life and sacrificing myself(cause they made stupid mistakes)
    i do get a bit angry if a cleric simply is lazy in healing and lets me waste pots etc(this aplies only on bosses i can easily tank on harder bosses i wont get angry if the cleric is actually doing a good job)

ok maybe barbs have some ego but we are a hard class to play atleast if you do a good job

i always say nothing beats a good barb(this aplies only on the average boss)
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
    edited October 2009
    i do get a bit angry if a cleric simply is lazy in healing and lets me waste pots etc(this aplies only on bosses i can easily tank on harder bosses i wont get angry if the cleric is actually doing a good job)

yeah ...on my barb i know alot of clerics that may as well have made a wizard ...so at least they have a reason to let my charm always tick as soon as it coolsdown b:angry one time i used close to 500k off a new hp charm
    on the other hand i know some clerics that wont DD even if i ask em too
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:bye This is the sole reason for legendary pets k bye thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    b:bye This is the sole reason for legendary pets k bye thanks.

yeah im sure thats the reason the GMs added them ...it wasnt cuz there greedy and wantted more money or anything