Treatment of Clerics

Comments

• Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you are a tricky lot of toons, but im pretty sure this one was just dumb.. oh well i'd like to see her try to tame one thats for sure

Edit: i now play a barb full time and i dont mind that blaming and complaining, i expected it when i became one and i deal with it acordingly, sometimes i like to let that random bitc.hing archer take the aggro and die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    QFT! Oracle generation! b:laugh

Seen a few venos in their 60s that didn't know they had to unsummon too lure.
    But the icing on the cake was someone pming me "Hi, could you rez me?" as I was running past sumor camp in tigerform? b:shutup b:laugh b:cry

I have been asked several dozen times for rez's before. I've even had a few people tell me I was only being a jerk by not rezing them. I mean I'm so obviously a light build cleric that specializes in ranged weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    rofl. if someone asked me that i'd drop 5k on the ground next to them and tell em to pay a cleric to come
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have people asking me for reses alot too... I usualy answer that if they were my pet, I could res them, but since they are not my pet, I can't.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i don't have a problem w/ anyone that knows how to play their class as expected. i agree that clerics don't get treated right, and r blamed for everythhing, but deal w/ it. grow a pair.

i think clerics r too soft these days. they don't refuse cause they don't want to hurt ppls feelings or w/e. it's simple; u die from being stupid, i res u. u die for the same reason or bytch about ur mistake, i kick u. or if im not leader i leave, and no one wants a cleric using BB to leave during a boss now do they?

oh and for all the ppl out there complaining about their charms ticking while the clerics healing the barb. heres some advice, DON"T BUY A CHARM IF UR NOT GONNA USE IT. it's been said before.

Good day
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009

But I know that most of the clerics will agree with me and most of the other classes will just shrug it off. Because that's how it works.

So suffice to say...
    1. Clerics DO generally get blamed for most things that go wrong.
    2. Clerics ARE the ones who 8/10 times end up sacrificing their money/pots/experience/angels for their squad.
    3. Most people DO assume that clerics have nothing better to do than come heal their squad in TT/FF/FB/BH/etc, and as such, get pissy when a cleric doesn't jump out of their seat at the first opportunity.
    4. It IS a pain in the **** to level clerics because we are ALWAYS BUSY helping you all with something. That's cute or whatever if it's an FB, but do you realize how many things we get asked to do every day? I'm sure I'm not the only one who virtually never has time to do quests. I still have lvl 70 mobs to kill.

Love your clerics. -.- We take a lot of ****.
    For the record this 82 bm is my main, but I do have a 65 cleric.

1. eh I try not to blame the cleric, unless they really are doing a poor job/seem to be putting out little to no money to keep the tanke/squad alive.

2. Agreed, though I have only encountered that once on my cleric, and it pisses me off. I was in a bh51 run, and a 73 barb had come to helpand preceeded to call me a fail cleric or some **** like that, after I died twice on my way back to them, (wasn't 100% there/here to make sure i got back safely anyways, so I said f it in my mind, told them I was sorry, and i logged off. xD) I am not a bad cleric either imho. (when i pay attention. xD lol)

3. I am not one of those persons, but there does seem to be a lot of people out there that do expect a cleric to drop what they are doing/to be able to find one pretty soon.

4. Well, in some people's defense clerics are pretty much needed for anything and everything, but if its not a boss, or a fb, I most likely wont drop what I am doing just to go help you, unless you want to pay me for my time. (on my cleric of course, much the same way on my bm - the pay)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited October 2009
    i don't have a problem w/ anyone that knows how to play their class as expected. i agree that clerics don't get treated right, and r blamed for everythhing, but deal w/ it. grow a pair.

i think clerics r too soft these days. they don't refuse cause they don't want to hurt ppls feelings or w/e. it's simple; u die from being stupid, i res u. u die for the same reason or bytch about ur mistake, i kick u. or if im not leader i leave, and no one wants a cleric using BB to leave during a boss now do they?

oh and for all the ppl out there complaining about their charms ticking while the clerics healing the barb. heres some advice, DON"T BUY A CHARM IF UR NOT GONNA USE IT. it's been said before.

Good day

If you are talking about good clerics and barbs, I am sure nobody treats them bad, since good barbs and good clerics are few and far between.

Bad clerics and bad barbs however, are a dime a dozen. I am sure everyone has experienced one or more of the following in a single run:

A cleric putting up a BB to soon, and getting killed. Or getting heal happy and getting aggro.. and lets not forget the cleric that cannot find the time to purify the tank when the tank gets debuffed... The second cleric on a run that did nothing at all, not even debuff the bosses and expects second-third picks on drops.
    A Barb not wanting to use its skills to save on mp, and other classes taking aggro from it... And lets not even go down the road of barbs than insist on tanking mobs while not in tiger form while having DDs in the party. Barbs that think they are superman and get too many mobs on them, expecting the cleric to keep them alive... Barbs that demand first pick in TT runs when they did not tank a single boss (the veno tanked them all).

Those examples are what gives the impression of clerics and barbs being abused. Since they will get yelled at. However, I have yet to see a good cleric or a good barb getting any flack from anyone on any run I have been in when they were good.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Strongbovv - Sanctuary
    Strongbovv - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol oh remeber the funnest rb ive ever been in ... Subsistence will remeber this one...... just put it this way the worst thing a barb (me) could says is ... woops wrong button .. lol oh the momories. =D
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've never been treated bad.....in fact I get the opposite.....I get treated like a savior. Must be cause I'm actually always the one saving everyone's ****. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Subsistence - Sanctuary
    Subsistence - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol oh remeber the funnest rb ive ever been in ... Subsistence will remeber this one...... just put it this way the worst thing a barb (me) could says is ... woops wrong button .. lol oh the momories. =D

oh god.... i remember that day i had to tank dw.... b:angryb:surrender bm's shouldnt tank most of dw XD.... i hate the bm's job
    step 1) kill first 2 waves
    Step 2) this is where it gets entertaining...
    get run quest run to the end of the tunnel teleport back
    Step 3) upgrade auras
    Step 4) go back in and get run quest run to the end of the tunnel teleport back
    Step 3) you finally do something

iow i made a barb lol
    edited October 2009
    If you are talking about good clerics and barbs, I am sure nobody treats them bad, since good barbs and good clerics are few and far between.

Bad clerics and bad barbs however, are a dime a dozen. I am sure everyone has experienced one or more of the following in a single run:

A cleric putting up a BB to soon, and getting killed. Or getting heal happy and getting aggro.. and lets not forget the cleric that cannot find the time to purify the tank when the tank gets debuffed... The second cleric on a run that did nothing at all, not even debuff the bosses and expects second-third picks on drops.
    A Barb not wanting to use its skills to save on mp, and other classes taking aggro from it... And lets not even go down the road of barbs than insist on tanking mobs while not in tiger form while having DDs in the party. Barbs that think they are superman and get too many mobs on them, expecting the cleric to keep them alive... Barbs that demand first pick in TT runs when they did not tank a single boss (the veno tanked them all).

i support wat u said, but y is it that barbs get first pick again? oh ya it's so they don't wine about it haha.

but realy, y do barbs get pick before clerics? they pay for repairs and a few pots.
    -clerics on the other hand use massive amounts of mp smaping ih on a barb, and ih takes more mp than BB/RB(about 2/3 a charm in 1 good run thats about 600k?).
    -we also r the ones to go to town and lose exp when the party gets killed if/when it happens, or have to us a res scroll(50k each), everyone knows clerics r the only ones that carry it. ect.
    -our own repairs, which shouldn't be much anyways

so plz explain y barbs atomaticly get 1st pick.
  • Strongbovv - Sanctuary
    Strongbovv - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oh god.... i remember that day i had to tank dw.... b:angryb:surrender bm's shouldnt tank most of dw XD.... i hate the bm's job
    step 1) kill first 2 waves
    Step 2) this is where it gets entertaining...
    Step 3) upgrade auras
    Step 4) go back in and get run quest run to the end of the tunnel teleport back
    Step 3) you finally do something

iow i made a barb lol

lol just dont .... "oops wrong button"..... =D
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Personally I don't think its anything to be bothered about. Everyone to an extent gets treated badly when they f'up the squad. Weather it be a DD that runs in mobs w/o waiting for the veno to pull, or it could be a DD that doesnt know how to maintain damage and staying out of aggro the best they can. Everyone and every class as the ability to mess it up for everyone. Clerics for example, may not be paying attention to the health of everyone else. Barbs, may not be maintaining the aggro like they should and people get hurt and die. Everyone is a part of the team and clerics are not the only ones that get blamed for ****. It all depends on the player and how they handle their character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Personally I don't think its anything to be bothered about. Everyone to an extent gets treated badly when they f'up the squad. Weather it be a DD that runs in mobs w/o waiting for the veno to pull, or it could be a DD that doesnt know how to maintain damage and staying out of aggro the best they can. Everyone and every class as the ability to mess it up for everyone. Clerics for example, may not be paying attention to the health of everyone else. Barbs, may not be maintaining the aggro like they should and people get hurt and die. Everyone is a part of the team and clerics are not the only ones that get blamed for ****. It all depends on the player and how they handle their character.

thats a great example, when someone does die for stupidity, their first response is, "WHERES THE FKING HEALS?" and my reaction is kicking them.

now do u see how it plays out, person does something stupid, blames cleric for not healing, cleric kicks person and they get no drop pick. end of lesson, ty for coming.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hi , sorry for the title I meant to write ''treat''.
    I'm just saying that I think from now on you guys should start treating clerics and barbs better because some little bird told me that squads are having troubles finding them.
    That means don't think your gods when there is a cleric , do whatever you want , abuse and blame the cleric for everything when it's your fault.
    Also be nice to barbs and don't blame them for doing a mistake because they are there taking hits saving your arses so both classes pretty much saves you.
    The reason I'm saying this since you all know new classes assasins and psychics are coming there will be a decrease in the number of every class but since clerics and barbs are really hard to find already they will be like a glass of water in the middle of a desert.
    So you guys should start practicing on how not to abuse them.

I was a bit sarcastic if you wanna ask.......kinda

yep barbs no dogs we humans ^^ just like u maybe some need to learn that in this game idk heard ppl calling about taming barbs i mean pfft common are u so far delusional that u think u can tame a human beeing? hahah no wonder all high lvl barbs run out of the game b:chuckle
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    When I was playing, i would let that aggro-berserking crazed archer who thinks they can tank anything in sight just die....and lay there.....and miss the boss kills, while I heal the tank.

I would let that veno who thinks they will be ok if they run blindly into the mobs ahead of everyone because for some reason, SHE HAS TO GET THERE NOW OR ELSE.

You act like dumbasses, and then yell at me for your own noobish mistakes, you are gonna lose a few angels or exp as a reward for your attitude. b:bye

This is nothing new really. Everyone knows barbs and clerics share the common interest of getting walked all over by every other class.

This really reminds me of something that happened earlier today. I was on a Bh51 wyvern run as usual. We started off with 2 clerics (one didnt have BB) an archer, a barb, and me the veno. When we got to fushma's area they all decided to run into a load of mobs. I stayed back hoping they could handle it, but as soon as saw they were in trouble, I tried to save their arses. We all died doing this. Well, after that squad wipeout, the cleric(one with BB) left. So I called one of my high lvl cleric friends to help us. So she comes, and let me remind you, we havent touched fushma yet. We were trying to avoid him, and we almost timed it just right. However we ran into Rankar, had to kill him, and right after he died.... here comes fushma. So we had to kill him too. Well after those 2 bosses went down, the ONLY barb in the squad left. So now its just me, an archer, 2 clerics, one high lvl and one around my lvl. The high lvl cleric asked me if I thought I could tank wyvern in foxform. Well, I wasnt really sure at first though. My pet magmite with his 6.5k def couldnt tank it, so i doubted that I could with my 4.7k def in foxform (Im LA veno). So we go to wyvern, and I (not my pet) proceed to tank while the high lvl cleric is healing me. The idiot archer, drew argo spamming his aoe skills, and died. but luckily I got argo back and proceeded to pound the life outta wyvern. Needless to say, We actually succeeded. And all this was done with no BB, just lots of high lvl heals. It was pretty fun, and I'd like to pwn him again. Even if im not a true tankb:victoryb:cuteb:laugh
    >.<
    edited October 2009
    i support wat u said, but y is it that barbs get first pick again? oh ya it's so they don't wine about it haha.

but realy, y do barbs get pick before clerics? they pay for repairs and a few pots.
    -clerics on the other hand use massive amounts of mp smaping ih on a barb, and ih takes more mp than BB/RB(about 2/3 a charm in 1 good run thats about 600k?).
    -we also r the ones to go to town and lose exp when the party gets killed if/when it happens, or have to us a res scroll(50k each), everyone knows clerics r the only ones that carry it. ect.
    -our own repairs, which shouldn't be much anyways

so plz explain y barbs atomaticly get 1st pick.

If you can tell me why they get first pick, specialy when they did not tank jack, I would like to know... and lots of venos would like to know as well.
    edited October 2009
    If you can tell me why they get first pick, specialy when they did not tank jack, I would like to know... and lots of venos would like to know as well.

That's wat i'm trying to find out, as long as i remember barbs got first pick, and if they didn't they just pouted the whole run and winned about it like big furry babies. too many carebears Dx
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009

I agree there are certian tts that in my honest opinion should not go by the normal picking order, and I tried to explain it to cleric the other day and evidently made them angry about it, and they left. (No I wasn't trying to change the order completely only person that would have been affected by the change was me. (a bm, switching out with a lower level herc/veno who tanked a few of the bosses)

Anyways...

Another example of a run that the order should probably have changed. First it went barb (who left early) then our two clerics, then dd by level, which I was also in (a bm) and I ended up having to tank the last boss, and there was a archer of the same level in my squad, and when I/we killed the laast boss, and it was 'chosing' time I got to pick AFTER the archer, which kind of urked me. I understand archers, and wizards use far more mp then bms, but in this case since I tanked a boss, I felt 'cheated' by not getting the pick over the archer. (Though it may also be true that bms often get screwed over when barbs die [scrambling party members, not realizing the bm could suffice if they switch over to them).... that is a discussion for another time.) I didn't care about chosing after the clerics, regardless if my repair bill was 100k after the run, as you all stated clerics use far more mp then tanks lose from repair bill.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited October 2009
    I agree there are certian tts that in my honest opinion should not go by the normal picking order, and I tried to explain it to cleric the other day and evidently made them angry about it, and they left. (No I wasn't trying to change the order completely only person that would have been affected by the change was me. (a bm, switching out with a lower level herc/veno who tanked a few of the bosses)

Anyways...

Another example of a run that the order should probably have changed. First it went barb (who left early) then our two clerics, then dd by level, which I was also in (a bm) and I ended up having to tank the last boss, and there was a archer of the same level in my squad, and when I/we killed the laast boss, and it was 'chosing' time I got to pick AFTER the archer, which kind of urked me. I understand archers, and wizards use far more mp then bms, but in this case since I tanked a boss, I felt 'cheated' by not getting the pick over the archer. (Though it may also be true that bms often get screwed over when barbs die [scrambling party members, not realizing the bm could suffice if they switch over to them).... that is a discussion for another time.) I didn't care about chosing after the clerics, regardless if my repair bill was 100k after the run, as you all stated clerics use far more mp then tanks lose from repair bill.

i rofl every time i c this, archers use mp? haha. all the archers to is normal attack, maybe a skill here and there.

heres a bm senerio happened about 3 days ago;
    we get the 2-2 goin and he talks for a bit, and everything goes ok. then he tries to sneak off w/ mat (oh well im used to it). but wat really gets me is when i ask him y he isn't using any skills, he's all the sudden mute. and so i pm him and he pretends to not speak english o.o.

so i ask in squad chat if he has any skills, and he golden bells and smiles >.>. i'm getting pissed now. so we get to i think the 2nd boss and he uses 1 dragon and smiles, and normals the rest. up untill then he wasn't a threat and was getting last pick, but then he get the other cleric killed by agroing and not attacking, leting them die. then i kick him. and he smiles

now y is it that bm's don't use Dragons again?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    i rofl every time i c this, archers use mp? haha. all the archers to is normal attack, maybe a skill here and there.

heres a bm senerio happened about 3 days ago;
    we get the 2-2 goin and he talks for a bit, and everything goes ok. then he tries to sneak off w/ mat (oh well im used to it). but wat really gets me is when i ask him y he isn't using any skills, he's all the sudden mute. and so i pm him and he pretends to not speak english o.o.

so i ask in squad chat if he has any skills, and he golden bells and smiles >.>. i'm getting pissed now. so we get to i think the 2nd boss and he uses 1 dragon and smiles, and normals the rest. up untill then he wasn't a threat and was getting last pick, but then he get the other cleric killed by agroing and not attacking, leting them die. then i kick him. and he smiles

now y is it that bm's don't use Dragons again?

I use dragons, but otherwise I rarely use my other skills, and as far as the archer goes must be different on your server, my server they seem to like to spam skills, and pull aggro a lot xD lol... that or cause a knockback into multiple mobs damn near causing a party wipe.

Anyways.... if you don't SAVE the cleric, and be nice to them, there will be a or else! Ill get my barb and bite you. RAWR! xD

EDIT: As you all said it should go cleric > tank > cleric > dd by level... but it rarely seems to go like that in a tt run, but still overall clerics do sometimes get treated badly. So please be kind or be whacked upside the head with a wtf dumbfounded look after they leave you all hanging. xD

edited October 2009
    i tend to wait till the worst posilbe moment for leaving if i dont like the squad(like in 2-2 last boss at oh say 30% hp left >=) w/ all adds)

or warn the other that im leaving and to GTFO
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i tend to wait till the worst posilbe moment for leaving if i dont like the squad(like in 2-2 last boss at oh say 30% hp left >=) w/ all adds)

@ nvr taking u on an HH b:shocked
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2009

@ nvr taking u on an HH b:shocked

different serer but they ruined their rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentWisp - Heavens Tear
    SilentWisp - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I already feel horribly abused by other players as a cleric. I spammed with res requests by a single person at times before I even have a chance to ask where they are. No one ever wants to repay me my guardian scrolls when they do something incredibly stupid in a dungeon/tt that results in me having to goto town and come back to rez them (Which is why I carry them in the first place, no one to res me). Of course, refusing to, usually results in long walks for them afterwords. I solo Drake (Takes me 20~25 minutes) for BH, I can even keep agro from most players while still healing and purifying myself. I stopped taking none friends on Drake runs because people seem to have a habit of doing dumb things, or assuming I'm too weak to keep agro from their poorly geared characters. As a DD the only thing in my level area that can keep agro from me is Flesh Ream or a monster that puts me at a disadvantage when all I do is attack. I also prefer bm's over barbs as tanks. Barbs either whine about their hp charm ticking like it set them back 5m because I didn't follow them into the pit of stupidity that they seem to often do. Or they don't come prepared for emergencies with intelligent things like ToP or... I dunno... hp potions? 99% of barbs also seem to lack the common sense when it comes to mobs to attack them all to keep the cleric from pulling agro when healing. Agro'd cleric>dead cleric>dead party. Bm's or any other class for that matter are not completely exempt from this stupidity. I've had a 90+ hurc veno in tt1-3 get cocky, ran ahead, took on way to much, then runs back to the party already fighting, past me in the back, dies, then the chain reaction of death continues with a dead ganked healer and so on. Not the first or the last time a clearly screwed player has run a mob ontop of me because of their own over confidence.

IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DIE DO NOT RUN TO/NEAR/PAST THE HEALER CAUSE THEY WILL DIE NEXT BECAUSE THEY ARE CASTING WHICH DRAWS NEARBY UNHIT MONSTER AGRO IN DUNGEONS. b:angry

Also, if you just died... don't think you're superman and run at a boss/mob with 10% hp and no buffs (Even your own) **** the party yet again. =.= I leave parties that don't kick people like that. Costs me lots of mp, and I use an mp charm to keep mp available at all times. I don't need to go wasting it recasting aoe buffs or spam healing to save the lives of people who did something that boarder lines on intentional stupidity. I've had barbs run mobs somehow expecting a 4.8m/s cleric to somehow keep up with a 6.6m/s tiger who obviously dies when they stop and get instantly **** by all the mobs they gathered.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I really hate barbs that think they need to lead the party and take aggro on every little last thing, and then tell me off when I easily do their job. Its like they think every other class is defenseless and they have to be some great hero and hold everything for you like a 'supertank.' Ive had many of these in my BHs where barbs magically think theyre in charge, and that idiotic 'I must tank everything' attitude gets them killed so often Then they blame the party for whatever BS reason they can make up. and get everyone riled up.

Barb should be tanking everything unless there's a second barb (or herc).
    How can you possibly think its better for a cleric to have to heal a second person who has less armor and less health. For that matter why are you even attacking side targets? Use your assist skill.

I just love a barb who spreads his agro around everywhere (as a cleric). Worst is a barb who doesnt agro some mobs, or does very minimal agro on them and they suddenly agro me (cleric) half way through clearing the pack.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh, now that reminds me.

Want clerics to love you? Hand them a guardian scroll when you start the instance.
    Worst case? They can use it and not waste time or coin to come back and res you all.

Best case? They get to keep it. (Well, I suppose very best case is they are flatterred and give it back afterwards)

It's not that much coin at a middle level, and all the clerics I know love it.

I mean - I'm playing the class voted "Least likely to need a cleric" and I love the little elfy guys. Be nice to them. They keep you alive.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Barb should be tanking everything unless there's a second barb (or herc).
    How can you possibly think its better for a cleric to have to heal a second person who has less armor and less health. For that matter why are you even attacking side targets? Use your assist skill.

Secondary tanking is useful when there isn't actually enough cleric power to keep the barb healed through all the monsters at once - or if you think you can go faster with the cleric using attack skills. (Though I doubt anyone complains about 'tanking' low level monsters by everyone just running in and one-shotting them)

The pattern we use is for the secondary tanks to grab aggro on a monster each, and then assist the tank. All the DDs concentrate on that one by preference. The main monster goes down, everyone switches to the next one etc.
    Admittedly, we usually do this because our squad is usually a barb, maybe a small cleric or a wizard to heal them, and three veno's and a BM. The veno pets might not be able to survive tanking all the mobs at once, but can certainly hold one.

If the mobs get too big for a secondary tank to survive without outside healing then we switch back to the old lure one-at-a-time pattern.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I expect exactly three things as "special treatment":

1. Don't run off, aggro something, die, and then blame me for not being there when I'm still running to catch up. The skills on my genie have been chosen to keep ME alive in solo situations, and I see no reason to put Holy Path on it just because [ insert DD/Tank/whoever ] can't wait the few seconds it takes me to come within healing range.

2. If you aggro something, for the love of whatever, don't run AWAY from me while screaming for help/heals, especially not when I'm healing the tank/whole squad. Don't run away from the healing range, don't run away from anyone else who could help you. Honestly, most party members WILL try to at least come to your aid.

3. If my health bar goes down and nothing's throwing an AOE at the party, assume that I got an add. Get it off me. If you don't, I will start healing myself; a dead cleric helps no one.

That said, I can honestly count on one hand the situations where I've not been treated with the same kind of respect every player of this game deserves; the few situations where it did happen, the offender in question was usually a complete moron to everyone in the squad in the first place.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DIE DO NOT RUN TO/NEAR/PAST THE HEALER CAUSE THEY WILL DIE NEXT BECAUSE THEY ARE CASTING WHICH DRAWS NEARBY UNHIT MONSTER AGRO IN DUNGEONS.
    ...Fail.
    What happened to
    2. If you aggro something, for the love of whatever, don't run AWAY from me while screaming for help/heals,

So...What do we do? Run away to delay the party wipe by a few seconds? Or get healed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|