At long last, lev 80 as a FAC

Comments

• ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can't help lol'ing at all the confusion about the "fighter that heals" hehe, imagine when the new class arrives (the Tideborns, I heard they were Psychics), how much the confusion will grow.

Meantime, I've made a nice little home (guild) for the Elven races called Feathers, on Heaven's Tear, so we can train in whichever build we've chosen without being pushed around.

All clerics and archers are welcome to join :)

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can't help lol'ing at all the confusion about the "fighter that heals" hehe, imagine when the new class arrives (the Tideborns, I heard they were Psychics), how much the confusion will grow.

Meantime, I've made a nice little home (guild) for the Elven races called Feathers, on Heaven's Tear, so we can train in whichever build we've chosen without being pushed around.

All clerics and archers are welcome to join :)

b:thanks

Ouch, if i were on HT i would surely have come b:surrender
  • Kamen - Harshlands
    Kamen - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's right, 356 MAG and just enough STR for equip.

b:chuckle

FAIL b:shocked
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I'm a vit person myself, but, what exactly is fail about that?

That's right, nothing. Now run along back to your little hole/bridge/forum, wherever it is modern day trolls reside.
    b:dirty
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2009

this comment isn't even worth the fail it is -.-'.

go bak to fail school, then come bak plz b:victory
  • Darxtar - Lost City
    Darxtar - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree with ExELFine!!! its and hard work to live and do stuff with minimal vit.
    I almost accomplished what she did without using charms and shards hehe and ppl like my build and accept me... it has biiiig dmg with maxed debuff and tempest! Just keep away phyisical damagers from you and youll do fine hehe
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am trying this out with another cleric male this time.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree with ExELFine!!! its and hard work to live and do stuff with minimal vit.
    I almost accomplished what she did without using charms and shards hehe and ppl like my build and accept me... it has biiiig dmg with maxed debuff and tempest! Just keep away phyisical damagers from you and youll do fine hehe

Way to necro an useless thread, but let me burst your bubble.
    Most of cleric are full mag build, heck i am restating to it again (was full mag till 50ish) and its nothing special and really not that hard since you can buy cheap 3* items on any given level now days...
    b:dirty
  • yaddith
    yaddith Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good god....i meant not to comment here but this went out of control.

I must first state that im new to PW..but im not new to mmo games...and especially not to the cleric/priest/healer/doctor class whatever they name it.

I played Anarchy Online for 5 years the clerics equivalent there is called "doctor". I made one, similar to this FAC build or whatever....was a pure dmg doctor...and i can say i was most satisfied...ofc on low lvls ppl dont like you coz u cant heal them....later on...at high lvls you got insane dmg (i was outdamaging all except 4 classes) with the pro that i virtually couldnt die from any single mob (even tanked end game boss once...he nukes for 10k+normal hits)...And on top of being in top 10 damage dealers list on 99% of raids i attended i managed to keep ppl alive aswell....(once finished pande with 16 ppl, only me as doctor, limited support healers....no one died, was #2 dmg dealer)...

I played WOW also made a priest who focused on dmg...was pretty nice (played untill lvl 60, didnt play expansions, from what i saw i could be even better with expansions).

Why would things be different in PW....why do you ppl think that some1 must heal you if hes a cleric...on the other note Caeyons guide is good, its a nice "way to level" guide...however it doesnt mean you need to stay that way on end game levels where you have excess spirit/money...why not buy more support skills....no one ever said u need to be a heal ***** if you dont want to be...but having the ability to save a raidforce in case the primary healer dies (or gets disconnected, which is always a risk) is the real power of damage oriented clerics....for high end raids there will mostly (at least it should) an additional healer...and in such cases he can take the primary healer role if hes support oriented) you can do your damage dealing and eventually help a bit with some heals...

Why do i think a damage oriented cleric is a better way to play cleric (at least its my way)???
    Because you can actually kill something quickly alone and keep yourself alive....(if your primary support oriented you can keep yourself alive easily but it takes ages to kill something solo)....and it takes skill...considerable skill and precision and timing and it makes you to think carefully not just run through the wall....

So I decided to make a damage oriented cleric in this game...with variations to the Caeyons FAC build:
    stat distribution: full mag (9mag, 1str every 2 lvls)
    armor: arcane
    Order of leveling skills: same as Caeyon, except that IB will be maxed for current lvl....after lvl60 start to raise other support skills gradually....
    playing role: dd, supportive healer, at 80+ may act as main healer in case noone else is nearby and friends/guild needs it.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So apart from the delay on some of the support skills, your going to play a cleric that is the same as 95% of the rest of clerics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    not exactly....being damage oriented is not a build if you ask me its a playstyle (obviously whatever your build youll try to do as much dmg as possible)...and that means that even that i am able (unlike the Caeyon build which isnt) to heal i will not do it, what im saying if i see you dieing i will heal ya up, but if you expect me to follow around and act as your neverending hp potion forget it...there is a difference between a dedicated and an occasional healer
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    yaddith wrote: »
    not exactly....being damage oriented is not a build if you ask me its a playstyle (obviously whatever your build youll try to do as much dmg as possible)...and that means that even that i am able (unlike the Caeyon build which isnt) to heal i will not do it, what im saying if i see you dieing i will heal ya up, but if you expect me to follow around and act as your neverending hp potion forget it...there is a difference between a dedicated and an occasional healer

^^ Who the hell does that ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well im a Full Magic built cleric, hit hard and heal better most others xD

My str is currrently 46 and my Magic is 334, this is just with out any gears on.b:chuckle idk but i consider my self being a Full Attack Cleric I have my All my buffs at max so there at AoE form, I got Plume Shell, Plume Shoot, Great Cyclone, Iron Heart, Revive all at maxed. I have my Wield Thunder at lvl 9, Tempest at 5 at the moment *need money to lvl it xD* I got BB & RB also.

Im using the HH 70 Gears except the Bottom which is Dark Pants of Hedes. I also use Sakyamuni's Light +2, also used the Viper Seal, 2 Demon Heart Rings, Equine Necklace, and some 3* cape xD. All of My gears have been sharded with Flawless Garnets, the Top has been refined +5 xD all of the rest of my gears have been refined at least with 1/2. (all under 5m xD) but the point is nothing about my gear and what not its that im a PVP Cleric I able to beat most 8x/9x clerics. I can beat any 8x axe bms (which are a fail, plume shell FTW b:victory), i have the occasional trouble with barbs because of there high HP, archors i can almost 1 shot them, and same goes with wizards. Venos just **** me xD because of there dumb pets *cough*Nix*cough* b:victory but ya.

I have the full capacity of being a Support and FAC. Even thought I have 1.8k and a total squishy, i can still survive longer than most others.

Might consider putting some points into Vit later on but for now im good.

I think that a LA cleric is a fail and HA cleric is just plain stupidity. *cough*Skooomu*cough*b:chuckle

Hmmm might of gotten way far away from the topic but....
    I think cleric should be smart enough that u being there just for heals gets boring or be a stick of Dynamite and ur done. You should be able to do both like a pro cleric not just one or the other. This being my own personal Opinion
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    eventually people will understand that:

Full Attack Cleric - does not equal - Full Mag Cleric

(one is a stat build and one is based on a mindset and limiting skill selections to only attack skills and self buffs)

QFT.
    10 char.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    People are ressurecting this thread just long enough past the last post for it to be annoying, but not far enough past for a necro. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OK some ppl explain, even that guide, that full attack clerics are focusing on max damage (DD skills plus debuffs) so you need to have full mag or otherwise you are not full attack. In this case how can a FAC be LA or HA when those builds fail to get best magic attack? You will say that is a mind set and not a build but this is not what that guide said about build... better call it yourself a gimped cleric in every aspect (skill/gear wise).

Why do clerics feel like slaves, or better to ask why FAC's feel like being support is the same as being slave? Everyone is a slave of the group if you want to see it like that because every group member helps the group. The only class that should feel being a slave is a mag veno, they are slaves of their own pets all this game. People that feels like slave have inferiority issues.

Also, there is a reson for being single/solo in this game as a FAC. This build/mind set has a lot of issues and ppl see that, why some fac's turn arrogants when you talk about that? The other clerics let their group to do CC/DD job. Every class can go full attack and what not but all classes have skills to make life easier for the other classes. A barb will lvl hp buff and taunt skills not for himself but for group, a bm will also lvl pdef buff and stuns to help squad, a veno will lvl debuffs, archers/wizards will lvl their DD skills and clerics... well, I refuse to understand clerics that think only for themselves. It is such a shame to lvl purify or bb or heals, arent those skills in their skill list?
    I'm sorry but most fac's I met on this forum are full on themselves and refuse to talk on a equal lvl with the other players
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009

I think that a LA cleric is a fail and HA cleric is just plain stupidity. *cough*Skooomu*cough*b:chuckle

I think cleric should be smart enough that u being there just for heals gets boring or be a stick of Dynamite and ur done. You should be able to do both like a pro cleric not just one or the other. This being my own personal Opinion

Since you endured that much wo adding VIT dont add it now aswell ;)

Red text: EXACTLY MY POINT
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gratzb:victoryb:laugh
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To yaddith make your own thread and ask question about being FAC Cleric as this is Exelfine thread and would not want to see it get locked.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Well im a Full Magic built cleric, hit hard and heal better most others xD

My str is currrently 46 and my Magic is 334, this is just with out any gears on.b:chuckle idk but i consider my self being a Full Attack Cleric I have my All my buffs at max so there at AoE form, I got Plume Shell, Plume Shoot, Great Cyclone, Iron Heart, Revive all at maxed. I have my Wield Thunder at lvl 9, Tempest at 5 at the moment *need money to lvl it xD* I got BB & RB also.

Im using the HH 70 Gears except the Bottom which is Dark Pants of Hedes. I also use Sakyamuni's Light +2, also used the Viper Seal, 2 Demon Heart Rings, Equine Necklace, and some 3* cape xD. All of My gears have been sharded with Flawless Garnets, the Top has been refined +5 xD all of the rest of my gears have been refined at least with 1/2. (all under 5m xD) but the point is nothing about my gear and what not its that im a PVP Cleric I able to beat most 8x/9x clerics. I can beat any 8x axe bms (which are a fail, plume shell FTW b:victory), i have the occasional trouble with barbs because of there high HP, archors i can almost 1 shot them, and same goes with wizards. Venos just **** me xD because of there dumb pets *cough*Nix*cough* b:victory but ya.

I have the full capacity of being a Support and FAC. Even thought I have 1.8k and a total squishy, i can still survive longer than most others.

Im sorry but there is like no way you could beat an high 8x cleric let alone a 9x unless they are full mag also with terrible gear and are full magic build. My plume shot hits 1.9k-2.2k on 8x robes which makes you a one shot... and there is many more clerics with better geear and skill than me in pvp in LC. As far as 8x bm's go... are you one shotting them? Cause thats the only way I could see you beating them or maybe if they were charmless.

As far as La clerics go... in two lvls find a well geared LA cleric and skilled (they should have all the awesome molds by 78) and fight them. See what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Im sorry but there is like no way you could beat an high 8x cleric let alone a 9x unless they are full mag also with terrible gear and are full magic build. My plume shot hits 1.9k-2.2k on 8x robes which makes you a one shot... and there is many more clerics with better geear and skill than me in pvp in LC. As far as 8x bm's go... are you one shotting them? Cause thats the only way I could see you beating them or maybe if they were charmless.

As far as La clerics go... in two lvls find a well geared LA cleric and skilled (they should have all the awesome molds by 78) and fight them. See what happens.

Slake have you seen most 8x & 9x Clerics in the Lost City Server? When fighting Cleric vs Cleric the person who gets the first move would typically win. In Pk fight if the first cleric manages to put the other cleric to Sleep they double spark then plume shoot them and it would typically be the end of it, if not then a great cyclone would right after would. If they Have Plume Shell before u manage to sleep then instead Plume Shoot use wield thunder since it still does a hefty amount of damage on arcane while bypassing Plume Shell effect. Also Plume Shell is a Cleric best friend, even though it eat up your MP like no tomorrow just note always have MP pots xD.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Slake have you seen most 8x & 9x Clerics in the Lost City Server? When fighting Cleric vs Cleric the person who gets the first move would typically win. In Pk fight if the first cleric manages to put the other cleric to Sleep they double spark then plume shoot them and it would typically be the end of it, if not then a great cyclone would right after would. If they Have Plume Shell before u manage to sleep then instead Plume Shoot use wield thunder since it still does a hefty amount of damage on arcane while bypassing Plume Shell effect. Also Plume Shell is a Cleric best friend, even though it eat up your MP like no tomorrow just note always have MP pots xD.

LOL how much experience have u actually had on cleric v cleric pvp? It is MUCH more likely the the cleric who sleeps SECOND will win. To give you an example, you sleep me, debuff me, double spark then plume shot.... if i thought that you might be able to kill me soon after, I would be spamming my sleep button like crazy. The end result is that you are sleeped before you can even get the second shot off, and I can take like one second to re-heal myself or if you do enough dmg my charm would have ticked. The end result is that I can double spark (triple spark even) and use the whole effect of the spark because ur sleep won't have cooled down yet, plus after that whole sequence there is no way that you could have IH's stacked. From you have said, I would say its even LESS LIKELY that you can beat a 8x/9x cleric than I previously thought. As far as seeing most of the clerics on LC server, I have been playing this game for over a year now... I think I have seen a fair few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Yes i have to agree with u that there are a few decent or better clerics than most. Also that not the case sleep takes what? 1 second channel and 1 second cast and great cyclone has the same channel time and cast time, also ur move has to get at least half way to me so it will even get get the sleep effect, great cyclone doesnt have to travel some distance for it work. I not saying i can beat u, im just saying i can beat some 9x's and most 8x's arent that good to begin with.

Ill continue this after i get off Class
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes i have to agree with u that there are a few decent or better clerics than most. Also that not the case sleep takes what? 1 second channel and 1 second cast and great cyclone has the same channel time and cast time, also ur move has to get at least half way to me so it will even get get the sleep effect, great cyclone doesnt have to travel some distance for it work. I not saying i can beat u, im just saying i can beat some 9x's and most 8x's arent that good to begin with.

Ill continue this after i get off Class

...Why would you use Whirlwind on a cleric? Or am I missing something that makes that a good move?

Granted, I don't PvP often, but still b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    ...Why would you use Whirlwind on a cleric? Or am I missing something that makes that a good move?

Granted, I don't PvP often, but still b:surrender

Reason why you Great Cyclone after you Plume Shoot them is because Great Cyclone is faster than Plume Shoot and if the Opponent has Plume Shell on then Great Cyclone's amount of damage it doesn't get effected here a example.

Plume Shoot + Great Cyclone = Damage
    "1500" + "1000" = "2500"

Opponent while Sleep with Plume Shell and using Plume Shoot

(1500x80%=1200) 1500-1200="300" + "1000" = "1300"

Wield Thunder + Great Cyclone = Damage
    "2000" + "1000" = "3000"

Opponent while Sleep with Plume Shell and using Wield Thunder

"2000" + "1000" = "3000"

Plume Shoot's Channel Time is 1.5 Seconds and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.

Great Cyclone's Channel Time is 1 Second and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.

Chromatic Seal's Channel Time is 1 Second and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    LOL OMG stop saying "Plume Shoot" I was gonna let it go as a typo maybe but u said it so many times in that post that i thought my head was going to explode, its plume SHOT.

In regards to sleep casting the same time as cyclone, I actually can not think of any times where someone could get another cast off on me if when I was stunned/sealed/sleeped and broke out of it when I was spamming the chromatic seal button. In fact the only sleep/stun/seal skill I have ever seen cast faster than our sleep is the 2 wiz skills (FOW and the 79 sleep). But thats just my personal observation after quite awhile of pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Reason why you Great Cyclone after you Plume Shoot them is because Great Cyclone is faster than Plume Shoot and if the Opponent has Plume Shell on then Great Cyclone's amount of damage it doesn't get effected here a example.

"1500" + "1000" = "2500"

Opponent while Sleep with Plume Shell and using Plume Shoot

(1500x80%=1200) 1500-1200="300" + "1000" = "1300"

"2000" + "1000" = "3000"

Opponent while Sleep with Plume Shell and using Wield Thunder

"2000" + "1000" = "3000"

Plume Shoot's Channel Time is 1.5 Seconds and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.

Great Cyclone's Channel Time is 1 Second and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.

Chromatic Seal's Channel Time is 1 Second and its Cast Time is 1 Second also.

Too much math! o_x

I agree with Slake tho, its never the best tactic to sleep first in cleric pvp. The other cleric will always be able to return sleep before they die unless the first plume shot kills them. If it doesnt kill them their heiro will tick and they can cast sleep before your second plume shot. Even if you do manage to cast cyclone before sleep they shouldnt die because again the damage will never be enough to kill them unless its a crit.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009

=/

I see Mart fight a lot and regardless of his sometimes bad english (it's his second language), he is a pretty damn pro cleric. He has indeed takin down a few 9x and usually beats 8x clerics.

IMO it isn't necessarily because of his build but rather because he has damned good timing and actually knows how to play his class. Clerics are very hard to succesfully PvP with. They are all about timing (much like BMs), and frankly most players just don't have the skill to use one to their full ability (I am not commenting on your personal ability, just on my experiences with clerics as a whole during my time here in Lost City Server).

Anyways, what Mart says is truth.

P.S. As an after thought, he will always outdamage a LA cleric; no matter who he is fighting or what build the opponent is. With proper timing of Shell, Sleep, and Guardian, a Cleric does not really need the extra defense that LA gives them anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Necroing, this thread is epic.

Grats to Sir_Martin. Now follow me here

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • LizardQueen - Heavens Tear
    LizardQueen - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Interesting.

I've always thought FAC stood for Fail Archer Cleric.

Thanks for clearing that up.