At long last, lev 80 as a FAC

Comments

• ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    what about teh wizzy
    without wizzy there would be no such thing as FAC

I love wizards, but I don't see your point. All classes and builds make this game so much fun :)

Euphy wrote:
    Congrats on level 80 Exelfine!

...Who cares, she made lv.80 and is celebrating! Congrats Exelfine!

Thank you, thank you, thank you b:thanks

Now, on to 90 hehe :
    )

Mad_Doc wrote:
    I can tell you this... she can't do that aoe by being FAC. Her iron heart would have to be maxed and her purify has to be high lvl.

Why this obsession with unmaxed Ironheart? Pls read guide again?

As to Purify, with those mobs, we don't need it to be high. One of the reasons being that, before those Petallis can do their thing, we get them stunned/paralyzed/silenced and go right away for the group kill.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2009

As to Purify, with those mobs, we don't need it to be high. One of the reasons being that, before those Petallis can do their thing, we get them stunned/paralyzed/silenced and go right away for the group kill.

I wonder how can you stun/paralyze/silence lets say 20 mobs at once alone b:question

About the read carefully the FAC guide....i have 100 times...so let me ask you, did you ever heal any party member lets say in TT or FB? If so, say good bye to the FAC title and welcome to cleric'r'us world
    b:dirty
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I love wizards, but I don't see your point. All classes and builds make this game so much fun :)

Euphy wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you b:thanks

Now, on to 90 hehe :
    )

Mad_Doc wrote:

Why this obsession with unmaxed Ironheart? Pls read guide again?

FAC follow the pure mag build which was made by wizzies b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2009

If you aoe grind on poison mobs, your purify does need to be rather high or else you will die during cooldown if the number of mobs is large.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    If you aoe grind on poison mobs, your purify does need to be rather high or else you will die during cooldown if the number of mobs is large.

Now when you said so, isnt it kinda funny that a FAC (full attack cleric) cant really do good on solo aoe grind xD
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That has got to be the most stupid comment I ever read regarding FACs. Ironheart IS personal survival and yes, it needs to be maxed.

FAC = Full Attack Cleric. As such, we max our
    :

- debuffs and seals (silence/stun/paralyze)

- buffs (the whole series of individual buffs, not the one-hour group ones)

- nukes (the whole series of them including the AoE's)

and, of course, Metal Mastery.

We leave at 1:

- Revive (mine's at 3, I'm generous that way): this issue is what brings everyone's scorn upon us. Players expect us to level this to 10 so they won't lose any experience. I'm sorry, but if I play responsibly, carrying GA and pots, I expect every other intelligent player to do the same.
    Again, every player needs to learn that we, clerics, whether healers or FAC are no one's slave.

- Purify

What we DO NOT touch are:

- Group heals

- Group buffs

- BB

What we will be getting in late 80s are a few group goodies
    :

- Arcane Empowerment

- Great Prot. Aura

- Aegis Spirit

- Exalted.

That's how a FAC is built. But without a maxed Ironheart from the start, a Full Attack Cleric won't be going anywhere.

Now, if you don't like this build, you have your reasons but you have to realize that we, gamers, play the game for our own pleasure. NOT yours.

We put as much money, energy, time and efforts than everybody else: why should we cower to your infantile tantrums?

Beyond me, really...

*sigh*

Congrats on lvl 80!b:victory Keep playing the way you like! b:bye
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That has got to be the most stupid comment I ever read regarding FACs. Ironheart IS personal survival and yes, it needs to be maxed.

FAC = Full Attack Cleric. As such, we max our
    :

- debuffs and seals (silence/stun/paralyze)

- buffs (the whole series of individual buffs, not the one-hour group ones)

- nukes (the whole series of them including the AoE's)

and, of course, Metal Mastery.

We leave at 1:

- Revive (mine's at 3, I'm generous that way): this issue is what brings everyone's scorn upon us. Players expect us to level this to 10 so they won't lose any experience. I'm sorry, but if I play responsibly, carrying GA and pots, I expect every other intelligent player to do the same.
    Again, every player needs to learn that we, clerics, whether healers or FAC are no one's slave.

- Purify

What we DO NOT touch are:

- Group heals

- Group buffs

- BB

What we will be getting in late 80s are a few group goodies
    :

- Arcane Empowerment

- Great Prot. Aura

- Aegis Spirit

- Exalted.

That's how a FAC is built. But without a maxed Ironheart from the start, a Full Attack Cleric won't be going anywhere.

Now, if you don't like this build, you have your reasons but you have to realize that we, gamers, play the game for our own pleasure. NOT yours.

We put as much money, energy, time and efforts than everybody else: why should we cower to your infantile tantrums?

Beyond me, really...

*sigh*

No one's slave...? since when is helping out your friends and guild mates in FB, HB, TTs ever considered slavery? O_O
    I'm not sure who you are angry with but people in the game aren't out to enslave you. A simple "no, i'm busy" would suffice. *gets tin foil hat* But they ain't brainwashing MEHH!!!
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    No one's slave...? since when is helping out your friends and guild mates in FB, HB, TTs ever considered slavery? O_O
    I'm not sure who you are angry with but people in the game aren't out to enslave you. A simple "no, i'm busy" would suffice. *gets tin foil hat* But they ain't brainwashing MEHH!!!

Shush you! We need cleric for BB- get your butt in HH NAOW!! b:angryb:chuckle
    --Retired--

• sorbik
    sorbik Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow... are you serious?

Most useless cleric ever
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Shush you! We need cleric for BB- get your butt in HH NAOW!! b:chuckle

b:sweat....Although BB owns!!!! You stand there and chat, glance at the happenings to check in and make sure all is well and sit tight b:pleased
    sorbik wrote: »
    Wow... are you serious?

Most useless cleric ever

I was waiting for Sorbik to join in the discussion.....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • sorbik
    edited August 2009
    I don't understand, if you wan't to do damage then roll a mage, where you can actually rotate magic skills without any delay and kill heavies.

But since youre a cleric, the word itself implies support, do your ****ing job. I kick people out of my guild for being as stupid as you.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:sweat....Although BB owns!!!! You stand there and chat, glance at the happenings to check in and make sure all is well and sit tight b:pleased

I was waiting for Sorbik to join in the discussion.....b:chuckle
    now whers mystif and forp............sugar and spice are missing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Agreed!!!

Then we would have a good discussion!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • sorbik
    edited August 2009
    denial.jpg
  • myvalediction
    myvalediction Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    After reading alot of pages and bull****. I have finally concluded FAC are ignorant cleric players who chooses their own vision ~ Clerics characters does not mean to heal. b:pleased 1K+ pdef = 1shot, 1.7khp =1shot. Kill me before I touch you? LMAO. I don't get 1 shot because of my hp b:surrender.
    Arcane+No Hp+No Vital + BM stun = GG b:shocked
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009

Heh they both quit xD
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Okay... I think this discussion has reached it's natural end, when only ignorant stupid remarks are being mumbled by some die-hard ego maniacs who have nothing to add to this discussion. Fortunately, we CAN and WILL live without you -- but it seems they cannot live without a cleric-slave at their disposal.

Chiche!

However, I do acknowledge Xenaah's supportive comment and thank her for same:

Congrats on lvl 80! Keep playing the way you like!

(Thanks Xenaah)

As far as I'm concerned, I've already reached lev 81, so this thread is kind of outdated!

b:cool

(and they will still be crying foul when i reach 90, hehe)
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Okay... I think this discussion has reached it's natural end, when only ignorant stupid remarks are being mumbled by some die-hard ego maniacs who have nothing to add to this discussion. Fortunately, we CAN and WILL live without you -- but it seems they cannot live without a cleric-slave at their disposal.

Chiche!

However, I do acknowledge Xenaah's supportive comment and thank her for same:

(Thanks Xenaah)

As far as I'm concerned, I've already reached lev 81, so this thread is kind of outdated!

b:cool

(and they will still be crying foul when i reach 90, hehe)

i just have an urge to QQ you.

First Gratz on lv81.

2nd ego maniacs ? huh

Do you mean that preforming FAC job + clerics duty is being a ego maniac, then sure thnx. But i see it the other way around.

"cleric-slave", okey you dont get your class at all do you?

Bleh, so called FAC's have it easy, enjoy that b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i just have an urge to QQ you.

First Gratz on lv81.

2nd ego maniacs ? huh

Do you mean that preforming FAC job + clerics duty is being a ego maniac, then sure thnx. But i see it the other way around.

"cleric-slave", okey you dont get your class at all do you?

Bleh, so called FAC's have it easy, enjoy that b:bye
    I think their just telling you to leave them alone lol expecially cause their not harrassing u or anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would say any cleric can do this at 80 if they lvl up their attack skills.I much prefer the AoE cleric as you are killing more around you.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I would say any cleric can do this at 80 if they lvl up their attack skills.I much prefer the AoE cleric as you are killing more around you.

AoE cleric works the best on normal clerics, high purify and heals all it takes
  • sorbik
    edited August 2009
    If you wanna be bad then be bad
    don't ****ing brag about it
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    i miss the good old days when i was a squishy wiz and died all the time
    i was able to go into faction chat and say ress plz
    Mikinori, a good friend of mine, would go oh no miz not again b:sweat
    she would come and ress me. Thanks to her lvl 10 ress i was able to get back into action without losing much of what i had attempted to grind.

sorry about the random story

I'm guessing lvl 80 as a FAC is an accomplishment. Most clerics want to participate in parties and other group activities. In order to get a spot they lose this mindset and restat some vit to spend time with friends. I seen clerics heal and DD at the same time on a boss. It is amazing to watch. Stack a few ironhearts on the tank, wield thunder, cyclone, plume shot, more heals. I believe a cleric who is able to do this has truly mastered the class. Being able to keep the tank alive AND DD at the same time, is what makes clerics unique.

I personally knew 2 former FAC's. Both added vit and got rid of this mindset. One of them is lvl 85 now (thanks to rebirth) and we joke around about it. Like in the middle of TT i say dont let (cleric's name) ress you he has a lvl 1 ress. Another one that gets the group laughing, (cleric's name) when did you get the aoe buffs? I thought you hated them cause they made you weak.

Imo
    i think you should consider a vit hybrid build
    that way you can open many doors instead of staying shut inside of one room

sorry for the long post
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009

I'm guessing lvl 80 as a FAC is an accomplishment. Most clerics want to participate in parties and other group activities. In order to get a spot they lose this mindset and restat some vit to spend time with friends. I seen clerics heal and DD at the same time on a boss. It is amazing to watch. Stack a few ironhearts on the tank, wield thunder, cyclone, plume shot, more heals. I believe a cleric who is able to do this has truly mastered the class. Being able to keep the tank alive AND DD at the same time, is what makes clerics unique.

Thnx finally someone who gets it ^^
    I personally knew 2 former FAC's. Both added vit and got rid of this mindset. One of them is lvl 85 now (thanks to rebirth) and we joke around about it. Like in the middle of TT i say dont let (cleric's name) ress you he has a lvl 1 ress. Another one that gets the group laughing, (cleric's name) when did you get the aoe buffs? I thought you hated them cause they made you weak.

It happens, and its sad to hear it too, cause by that time you can have all your skills maxed :\
    Imo
    i think you should consider a vit hybrid build
    that way you can open many doors instead of staying shut inside of one room

sorry for the long post

FAC can be vit/LA/full mag or what ever....its the not getting skill choice that makes a FAC b:lipcurl
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I seen clerics heal and DD at the same time on a boss. It is amazing to watch. Stack a few ironhearts on the tank, wield thunder, cyclone, plume shot, more heals. I believe a cleric who is able to do this has truly mastered the class.

No debuffs? Noob cleric! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Thnx finally someone who gets it ^^

It happens, and its sad to hear it too, cause by that time you can have all your skills maxed :\

FAC can be vit/LA/full mag or what ever....its the not getting skill choice that makes a FAC b:lipcurl
    well most FACs choose pure mag build but in order to be sucessful in group activities like TT they need LA or some vit
    No debuffs? Noob cleric! b:chuckle

we had a second cleric debuffing
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dont Bump Stupid Threads
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    we had a second cleric debuffing

It was a joke b:sweat
    --Retired--

• AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't see the point of fac if you wanna DD then be a wiz they have more dps and dmg I'm only 2 lvls higher then you and my stats are significantly better I have

hp: 2776
    mp: 8573

mag attack: 5108-5864
    crit: 4%

phys def: 1500
    mag def: 8000

I'll assume thats my gear cause I have 20 vit the rest is all pumped into mag pretty similar to your build although stats have really nothing to do with cleric type but w/e as long as you like it I suppose since nothing else really matters
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't quite understand why FACs always insist on the posting of their stats - you have the exact same stats as a regular full-magic Cleric. The. Exact. Same.

I'm a normal full-magic Cleric and I have:

Maxed attack skills (bar Wield Thunder and Tempest, WT isn't possible for me yet and I'm not touching Tempest until later)
    Maxed buffs (incl. AoE versions)
    Maxed Ironheart and fairly well levelled other heals
    Level 10 Revive
    Level 9 Purify
    Blue Bubble
    Red Bubble

If we were both on the battlefield at an equal level, my Wield Thunder would be doing the same damage as your Wield Thunder, my Cyclone would do the same damage as your Cyclone. The only different being is that I would be able to support my team - properly support - with strong heals, blue bubble, purifying, most things a FAC isn't capable of doing.

Call it a mindset, call it a strong damaging build, name it whatever makes you feel better about it. To me it's nothing but a gimped Cleric where the player knows they are gimped yet refuses to do anything to fix that fact.

Another thing to note.. you said levelling as a FAC was hard, especially with 4 Vit. I have 3 Vit and 3 Dex. I've never, ever had an issue levelling. I'm 5 levels below you yet have a good 500-600HP more than you do, and I'm only a mere "regular" healbot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]