Cube of Fate Guide

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Constant cubing for the last few months, the only rooms i really dont like are

[38] Dragon Gate EX
    -about a 80% success, 20% fail for me

[44] Bomber Mania
    -sucks extremely if you get room 45 and 48 after this

[45] Open, open sesame!
    -tards like whitewolfgod will actually PK you in this room while your killing boss. Technicallly PK enabled but not very nice lol

[24] Consequence
    [39] Consequence II
    -take about 15min or so to dig 100 so its not too bad really

The advanced cube........Is it really even worth it? I lost a ton of money in those rooms. Did clear it but still...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [24] Consequence
    [39] Consequence II
    -take about 15min or so to dig 100 so its not too bad really[/COLOR]

You can also run into situations like this, lol.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/room24.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009

LMAO....been there a few times b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    i like those lol.
    everyone digging= 5min for 100 chests XD
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Phuzzz - Sanctuary
    Phuzzz - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    can anybody say that he actually got a benefit from that cube??

cube of fate all depends on luck, might be very beneficial, i only started finishing it most of the times after i passed lvl 75
  • talsh
    talsh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmm in [5] counting apples
    he tells to count the apples and then what?
    he dosent ask any question.... :S
    I've already counted them..
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    talsh wrote: »
    hmm in [5] counting apples
    he tells to count the apples and then what?
    he dosent ask any question.... :S
    I've already counted them..

You have to talk to him again to find out what color he wants you to count. But don't click an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary
    Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmm never been one for pking and dont fully understand how it works in this game, but from i know of pking is.. you get killed you lose some/all of the stuff you have on you.
    So my question is, in the Cube of Fate if you happen to be unlucky and land in one of the Pk rooms, if you get killed do you lose X-amount/all of the stuff you have on you or only specific items relating to the Cube of Fate itself ?
    Time is meaningless if not spent wisely.
    Life is short, so do as much as you can now before you run out of time but dont forget those you care about whilst your running around. If you treat life with respect, tehn life will provide you with all you need. If you disrespect life, then life will leave you behind.
    Just because you like to say it does not mean you have to type it.
    For some its so much easier to criticize others whilst hiding behind their own flaws. When all else fails, use a Hammer!!
    edited October 2009
    hmm never been one for pking and dont fully understand how it works in this game, but from i know of pking is.. you get killed you lose some/all of the stuff you have on you.
    So my question is, in the Cube of Fate if you happen to be unlucky and land in one of the Pk rooms, if you get killed do you lose X-amount/all of the stuff you have on you or only specific items relating to the Cube of Fate itself ?
    i think its like dragon temple. no loss
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yay! Won it on my second try.
  • SokaSua - Lost City
    SokaSua - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol i can bearly get through room 3 when we have to kill the lv 65 mobs ;) or is that room 2 nvm xD
  • Lycidas - Dreamweaver
    Lycidas - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I have been PK'd many times in cube, sometimes I win, most times I loose. But as long as you are not PK enabled in game, you will not loose items. If you are PK enabled (red/white name), I am not quite sure of the outcome.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been PK'd many times in cube, sometimes I win, most times I loose. But as long as you are not PK enabled in game, you will not loose items. If you are PK enabled (red/white name), I am not quite sure of the outcome.

There is no penalty to being killed in the cube other than a charm tick and getting ported to room 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • w0rmy
    w0rmy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    cube is super easy (when you have money)
    mainly because the cube of fate is a luxury....not your avg quest...so you will have to make a financial sacrifice if you want to pass it easy

well not to brag, but im fairly wealthy, so i have more than enough to pass cube with ease most of the time (ive been passing it everyday since i was 4x...im 7x now)

but bare in mind, once you get hooked on cube, your normal quests will start to back up like crazy....and you will end doing lvl 5x quests when your like 6x-7x lol, reason being that the cube gives you a tremendous amount of exp for completing....so you will level faster than you can do your quests

also prepare to have your friends and guildies ask you "how the hell do you level so fast?" answer = cube b:victory

Cube of Fate + Bounty Hunter (BH) + Crazy Stones (CS) = fast leveling
    b:laugh
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    Wrekless - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I can get over 1 mil per day in exp using...
    cube 400k
    WQ 200k
    CS 210k
    BH 200k

1 Million per day not including my other quests.

I usually break even in the cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xanna1969
    xanna1969 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have beat the cube, when I was level 46 :) Veno helps, can't pass it with lvl 60 cleric. I have a question though. I died in a room AFTER i got my die and got kicked back to the main room, and can't exchange at the forges for a new cube? Is there a way to do this, or a trick of some kind?

~Meanna
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    ok question, level 90 cleric doing cube gets stuck at 'kill 2 mobs' room. I cant kill the two level 95 mobs in under 2 minutes. Any suggestions, can I kill them in squad, or should I go back to start until higher level, anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    To answer above question, thats what the forges in main room are for. You exchange your dice for cubes and go back to main npc to continue. Each forge is for individual dice depending on what room I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    ok question, level 90 cleric doing cube gets stuck at 'kill 2 mobs' room. I cant kill the two level 95 mobs in under 2 minutes. Any suggestions, can I kill them in squad, or should I go back to start until higher level, anything?

2 options:
    1) Get full chi before you start the quest and spark to kill 2 mobs quickly.
    2) Attack a mob on the far side of the room until it is near death, run back to pick up the quest and quickly finish it off (giving you almost 2 minutes to kill another)

As a demon archer I could demon spark and kill both mobs in about 10 seconds. Really it becomes much quicker and easier with higher damage as the mobs never have a chance to regenerate life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited December 2009
    maybe something is wrong with your build?? I did fine at lv90 which is when i first started cube.
  • Alyosha - Lost City
    Alyosha - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does the cube scale with your level, or should I not try till later?
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does the cube scale with your level, or should I not try till later?

mobs are the same whatever level you have..so higher level is easier

execption the rooms with 5 xxx soldier/sergent/lieutenant ..wich depends on your level, same as kill 2 xxxbird/penguin under 2 minutes.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For the Steadfast rooms, 14 and 34, what is the purpose of the 20 minute timer? You don't get to proceed after waiting so... ???

And does that fate assistant actually heal me?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    For the Steadfast rooms, 14 and 34, what is the purpose of the 20 minute timer? You don't get to proceed after waiting so... ???

You can't pass the room after 20 minutes pass I believe. Probably to force you to restart instead of letting you wait in there forever. And the assistant heals you and anyone else that comes into the room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    in pw international cube is not so popular... on malay server was no do all cards to pay 14 18 34 46 ....but was full of people...so u get to pk in 14 and 34 to pass easy ..rarely ever pass 20 min and unable to kill...thing is if u inside for more then 20 min and you kill someone or someone kill you npc don't come...so if pass over 20 min teleport room or activate ball die...

as for 2 mobs in 2 min u need use some tricks..get pk pots specially tea for chi... get all bufs before start... and go kill 1 mob until left 10% hp then sleep him....run npc take quest then go finish mob you left with 2 min for 1 mob only.... also use paralise i think is out his range spark a lot and there u go...
    edited December 2009

Personally I think that quest is not implemented correctly. I think it was meant to port you back to room 1 when the timer expires similar to the timer for the chip rooms or room 49. As it is it just fails without porting you back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    many ppl tell me its a waste of time .. but if this is cube of fate, then i cant wait to go there :D i cud use that 1 mil ;D to get me a panther (yes, i know im not 40 yet, but i will :P)

Jibbe of Sanctuary.....LIED!!! b:shocked
    b:angry

he never got to 40....b:surrender

also um good guide?
    mayhaps me will start cube....in about 3 months or something when me has enough spare time.
    X_X'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why do they have PK rooms in the Cube. If you want to pk either go in to that mode outside the cube or go to a PvP server. I run the cube for EXP and for somewhere to get away from the idiots..and what do you get more idiots thinking its fun to kill people and throw them back to the start....frankly its just "Cyber Bullying" and i think PWI need to get there act together and change it.. Yes i know there will be a few replys like "if you dont like it dont play in there" but why should a few have power over the many. Im a parent and i have taught my children that bullying of any type is wrong yet its allowed online in this game. Im sure that im not alone in this view and there are many "Adults" out there i think would agree. I try and help as much as i can in game even to the point of getting people on to my vent server and talking them through areas that they are stuck in...and its sad to hear people who are getting on so well in the cube come across these "Idiots" pking playere and getting them sent back to the start. Lets have the cube for "Fun and to help people" .Not for the "bullies" to get there "jollies off" b:angry

Ps.

you are more than welcome to PM in game about this if you feel like it. b:victory

"Blue"
  • Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dono if this guide is still updated but room 48 made me dig 15 instead of 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    15 is right for room 48.
    10 is for room 36 i think
    and 5 is for room 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.