Cube of Fate Guide

Options

Comments

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    except I don't see mirages as selling items.. never sold a mirage.. never will... refining and cube of fate are too useful .. so its not really cash in my pocket like the ecstacy card
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mirages sell easily and if YOU don't see them as selling items doesn't mean they aren't selling items. It's not cash in your pocket... of course if you don't sell the item.

The fact of the matter is that you could have made more money selling those mirages (even if you don't like to sell them) than you made in cube.

Point is, most people usually don't make a profit from the cube.
  • Maruja - Heavens Tear
    Maruja - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It Seems from all these posts that the Cube of Fate is only good if you want the exp and the chips and you don't care about money. And i can get more EXP out of 3 zhens and thats only 500k. I have done the cube a couple time and wasted about 1.5 mil. It's not possible for a robed mage until you have demon shields or you are 100+ sage. It seems that the only way you can get through many of the special dungeons in this game is if your a veno. It sems for me that i can grind and farm a mil or 2 every day and spend that on a pack of 10 chips for around 500K per pack. This is much more profitable and rational for chips than the cube. If my char was a veno I would definitely do the cube though. Mages and BMs just get the shaft in this game...... If you have a veno or barb alt, just use those for the cube. I have gotten to the point where its more profitable for me to level a veno all the way to lvl 75 and buy a herc so i can do TT cube and frost runs. I wish the developers of this game would make some adjustments so its fair for all classes, otherwise its pointless for things like Cube and Solo dungeon modes to even exist. All this effort put into understanding this game by awesome players like you all just to find out that IT REALLY IS F___ING UNBALANCED AND NERFT TO HELL. I'm not saying this to disrespect any one especially all those who contributed to this nice post. It's just a statistical fact and all of you experienced players know that Nothing in this game is very profitable unless you have the power to do it with ease. So Save your money and wait on the cube if your a bm or mage until your 89 +. At that point you will be looking for Sage and warsoul weapons any way.
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    buy a herc s

that says it all.

so dont flame veno, flame boutique for having herc.

i`m veno and dont have herc.

i think 5%of venos have herc, if i`m not even inflating that percentage.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol the only place a veno with a herc gets an advantage is in those fate janitor rooms.. the really tough mobs that normally everyone has to pay to pass .. i guess it is also an advantage in the big boss rooms since they do quite a bit of damage and can down those guys pretty fast

if you want the biggest advantage in the cube.. go barb .. the only rooms i can't do solo are the fate janitor rooms and the squad rooms.. and you can pay to pass those.. 14/34 are luck of the draw .. but if you aggro that ball in the center and stick in tiger form with that npc healing you.. you can outlast pretty much anything except another barb

also i'd say more than 5% venos have a herc.. I see so many of those duke shouts every day
  • masonchen
    masonchen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's just depending on equips and luck. I've past that sometimes and often get really good profit out of it with maxium of 40minutes.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Has anyone actually gotten the PvP rooms to work? Everytime I get there I just kill myself.

I've never seen killing someone actually pass the quest, and killing the healer NPC definitely does not pass it.

Also, is there a way to keep 1 robber card and start over? I thought you could do this before, but yesterday when I tried it wouldn't let me start again until I trashed the quest - which also made all the robber cards disappear.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This is my own excitement here as much as an information post!

Level 68 cleric, I managed to complete room 47 of the cube with an mp and hp charm on. The really strange part here is that the hp charm only ticked once when I first got in there so it is certainly doable by lower levelled/worse equipped players. After that I had 3 mobs attacking me and just spammed IH which was just enough to keep it off the charm.

This is not a great feat I know, I'm not bragging at all, but my own excitement at finally beating it has caused me to post here partly for informational purposes.

I'm full mag (except for 35 base vit) with some pretty sexy gear. A lot of physical defence (999 before cleric buffs so just under 1600 after) and 2350hp.

Basically plume shell as soon as entering room and run to corner while using an HP potion (the spring event hp pots of 3000hp in 10 seconds are so useful). Once there, just spam IH on self. Pretty simple method of course and effective. It doesnt seem the mobs that attack you interrupt much either, or I just got very lucky. I was interrupted only 3 times in the fight and I essentially have minimum possible evasion for my level.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just wondering, but does it say "Leaving Safe Zone" in random rooms? All the times I normally die in Cube are because I didn't realize it was PK enabled. So I spend half the time going WTF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phantomhive - Lost City
    Phantomhive - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just wondering, but does it say "Leaving Safe Zone" in random rooms? All the times I normally die in Cube are because I didn't realize it was PK enabled. So I spend half the time going WTF?

Yeah, some rooms are safe zones, like the Mice Bash room. Rooms that have PK enabled are: 11, 14, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 39, 43, 44, 45, 47 & 48.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It Seems from all these posts that the Cube of Fate is only good if you want the exp and the chips and you don't care about money. And i can get more EXP out of 3 zhens and thats only 500k. I have done the cube a couple time and wasted about 1.5 mil. It's not possible for a robed mage until you have demon shields or you are 100+ sage. It seems that the only way you can get through many of the special dungeons in this game is if your a veno. It sems for me that i can grind and farm a mil or 2 every day and spend that on a pack of 10 chips for around 500K per pack. This is much more profitable and rational for chips than the cube. If my char was a veno I would definitely do the cube though. Mages and BMs just get the shaft in this game...... If you have a veno or barb alt, just use those for the cube. I have gotten to the point where its more profitable for me to level a veno all the way to lvl 75 and buy a herc so i can do TT cube and frost runs. I wish the developers of this game would make some adjustments so its fair for all classes, otherwise its pointless for things like Cube and Solo dungeon modes to even exist. All this effort put into understanding this game by awesome players like you all just to find out that IT REALLY IS F___ING UNBALANCED AND NERFT TO HELL. I'm not saying this to disrespect any one especially all those who contributed to this nice post. It's just a statistical fact and all of you experienced players know that Nothing in this game is very profitable unless you have the power to do it with ease. So Save your money and wait on the cube if your a bm or mage until your 89 +. At that point you will be looking for Sage and warsoul weapons any way.

dunno what u did wrong with the CoF, but i am enjoying my time doing it and turning out a profit. i won the 1mil from golden box once so far which paid for like 70% of the money i wasted on those 100k coin rooms so far. then i have gotten a total of 50+ chips which if i wanted 2 could net me over 4-5mil of coins. taking away the mirages i spent doing it i probably still get 1-2mil left in profit(assuming i sell the chip molds i could make) and now since i finished the cube 3 times and gotten to room 49 twice, i got a net profit of 1.15mil+ worth of exp from spending a few hours doing CoF.

i 1st finsihed the CoF as a lvl 75 pure build archer with hp+mp charm. there was only 1 room i couldnt finish, and that was the room47 and even then i am sure i could have survived if i had a barb's buff or a cleric buff on me at the time.

for a robe class the only room i see u guys having trouble is the survive 100 sec room. it just means chances are u wont survive room47. for some reason the aoe mob in the survive 100 sec room does not get its dmg absorb by winged shell, leading me to believe that the dmg is set base on lvl or max hp, ensuring that regardless of your defense, there is no difference(if someone can confirm or deny this, that would be appreciated). only problem would be the dmg dealt from the other mobs u aggroed as u entered.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Ansuli - Sanctuary
    Ansuli - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A peice of advice to to make the apples rooms much easier, stand half a dozen steps in from one corner and just take a screen shot
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Beat the Cube on my 2nd try, and I definitely did not make a profit. Spent almost 1 mil including mirages and such. The 400k EXP is nice, of course; gave me about 10%. b:cute I don't think I'm doing this again until I can get more money haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is my own excitement here as much as an information post!

Level 68 cleric, I managed to complete room 47 of the cube with an mp and hp charm on. The really strange part here is that the hp charm only ticked once when I first got in there so it is certainly doable by lower levelled/worse equipped players. After that I had 3 mobs attacking me and just spammed IH which was just enough to keep it off the charm.

This is not a great feat I know, I'm not bragging at all, but my own excitement at finally beating it has caused me to post here partly for informational purposes.

I'm full mag (except for 35 base vit) with some pretty sexy gear. A lot of physical defence (999 before cleric buffs so just under 1600 after) and 2350hp.

Basically plume shell as soon as entering room and run to corner while using an HP potion (the spring event hp pots of 3000hp in 10 seconds are so useful). Once there, just spam IH on self. Pretty simple method of course and effective. It doesnt seem the mobs that attack you interrupt much either, or I just got very lucky. I was interrupted only 3 times in the fight and I essentially have minimum possible evasion for my level.

I doubt u actually survived the real room 47. Someone was probably in there before u and just just got in right before he left or died, which shuts off the mob in the middle. The mob in the middle does about 1.4k-1.6k absolute damage(does not matter whether ur resis is 0 or 1 billion) per tick. I have 4.3k hp, and with the spring event hp pots, i still have to kite the mobs or i'll die.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I doubt u actually survived the real room 47. Someone was probably in there before u and just just got in right before he left or died, which shuts off the mob in the middle. The mob in the middle does about 1.4k-1.6k absolute damage(does not matter whether ur resis is 0 or 1 billion) per tick. I have 4.3k hp, and with the spring event hp pots, i still have to kite the mobs or i'll die.

I did room 47 yesterday. The AoE damage did around 800-1000 dmg (I think, gotta relook at the video) to me per hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I did room 47 yesterday. The AoE damage did around 800-1000 dmg (I think, gotta relook at the video) to me per hit.

it does about 800 every hit, but every tick, it hits u twice.
  • Pieva - Heavens Tear
    Pieva - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    as for the profit of the cube,
    i dont think u can make any..
    im just going for the chips. usualy if i get to room where i have to pay money to passs, i tele back to room 1. why? becouse u have to pay 100k for a chance of 10% to get 1m. so u have to spend 1m to get 1m..
    and to win 5m.. as i remeber there is just a chance of 2%.

for the room 47. use the spring event pots. there are awsome. last time i hit that room i easely passed it with my 3845hp, powder that regen 100hp/s, sharm and those spring pots.
    if there is a posibility in those survival rooms, i try to get to the corner, kill all mobs that attack me and stand there, so i can use some healing that veno have to save my sharm. but i dont think its possible in room 47 becouse tehre so much mobs.

and btw. room 47 aoe hit me about 800-900.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Room 47 is a joke for barbs, BMs, and clerics. The other classes have a harder time. As a cleric, the other two rooms I just run around in circles and use a pot every 20 seconds, and that works fine. But after doing room 47, I have a new strategy. Just stand still and Ironheart spam yourself. Position yourself where you only have 1 or 2 mobs beating on you, and you easily outheal it. No potions required. If you start to lose health, plume shell and you will quickly jump back up to full.
  • manicerox
    manicerox Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you people got to stop complaining on venos they do got a bit of an advantage but the cube is easy to finish just depends on your luck i have been doing the ube sinc L67 and i have finished it 7 times already and only tried it about 11 just to make it worst im an archer L71 so im squishy as **** the only room i cant solo is the same as barbs the one with fate janitors. stop crying about venos and their hercs.

btw i alwasy finish room 47 no problem i just run around in circles with 6k hp pots and regular hp pots for 100 sec
  • Krisztinafox - Heavens Tear
    Krisztinafox - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All nice and done till room 50, bad part was when I selected the second option first (get the Cog of Fate) instead of Thank You!!, it ported me to this Lotto Agent room, and there goes 400k xp down the drain!!
    plus unless you're rich and want to spend 2m on the next 10 rooms, doesn't worth it!!
    Got a question for the GMs: Wasn't it supposed to give you the xp anyway? Even If you choose the second option!!
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All nice and done till room 50, bad part was when I selected the second option first (get the Cog of Fate) instead of Thank You!!, it ported me to this Lotto Agent room, and there goes 400k xp down the drain!!
    plus unless you're rich and want to spend 2m on the next 10 rooms, doesn't worth it!!
    Got a question for the GMs: Wasn't it supposed to give you the xp anyway? Even If you choose the second option!!

You should still have gotten the XP, you only get ported once the reward has been received.
    I like pie
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sorry to tell you that as it is atm , only if you choose the 1st option saying "Thank You" you will get the xp, if you do, will give you the xp and port you to the Loto lotery npc room.. I choose the 2nd option that is why I posted here, so other players don't make the same mistake I did..
    Ps: It should give you the xp once you pass room 50 or if you decide to go back to room 1, automaticly.. I would say. But Gms don't think the same way.
  • FuChing - Sanctuary
    FuChing - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hi,

I heard that room 4 is the best room for leveling up Veno pets.
    Is that true?
    If so, that means I would have to try over and over again to roll the dice to get a 3 - right?
    Haven't done it yet, only had a talk with 1 person about it.

-Fu Fu
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes, It is true, since the mobs in that room are one shot kill, and the pet will get full xp(if his loyality is above 50% of his total). and yes you have to keep playing over and over until you get a 3. if you get a other number just use the teleport or other way to come back to room one.
  • FuChing - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks Krisztinafox, just wanted to make certain so "if" I wanted to try it, I go in with better information.
    I guess it's a matter of just trying but don't want to waste allot of coins for "just trying".
    Still not sure on the procedure...
    Get a bunch of mirage stones and coins and be level 40.
    Talk to the NPC.
    Exchange mirage stones for dice tickets.
    And "if" I'm lucky enough to make it to room 4, do the monsters just keep re-spawning?
    If I'm not lucky I tele out, but if I tele out will it take me to room 1?

-Fu Fu
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well if you only want to go to room 4, you don't need coins.
    like 5 or 10 mirage should be enough to get in there, depends on the luck though.
    Get to the forge in the center of the cube, Choose cube of fate skills , Tab TRD, and exchange them for the dice tickets.
    The mobs in room 4 take like 30 sec to respawn and there are like 50 mobs in there..
    Yes you use the teleport will get you to room 1.
  • FuChing - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thank you again b:thanks
    That is exactly what I wanted to know. b:pleased

_______

Okay I followed the great instructions and was the luckiest SoB to be able to get a 3 in the first role. So I spent several hours leveling up my pets. Only thing I don't like about it is I can't level up air and water pets. But I was still happy non-the less for being able to level up 2 of the 4 pets.
  • Mooonwolf - Sanctuary
    Mooonwolf - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hey guys, i have a problem with room 2
    I can't open any of this storage chases and this teleport master wont give me a quest, does someone know what I have to do?? thank you for your help
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Posting to forum, credit to everyone, thanks :D
  • Chadeaux - Heavens Tear
    Chadeaux - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have been playing in the cube off and on since I learned room 4 was great for pet leveling. Yesterday I got the Card of Ecstasy b:dirty a cool 1 mil !

I went in today to get chips for my chest armour and just kept playing on after I got what I needed. Today I won it!! Got to room 50 weehoooo b:pleased

It was a blast and I was really lucky with rooms today. I picked the crate but then also got the lottery thing choice.
    I decided to try that and was ported to a few rooms ended up in one ( Big Bad rm 52?) where I had to kill each mob in 12 minutes. I almost had the first one dead in just a few but fumbled and he one shotted me.

Oh well I had a blast and it was worth it.
    "Knowledge speaks... Wisdom listens..."
    Noir ^;;^ moi[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.