Cube of Fate Guide

Options

Comments

• Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i actually tend to make money in the cube, i guess im the only one though. I've made many millions on it so far though, i started when i was 85.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rooms that are currently PVP enabled:

11 Bored...
    14 I Don't Wanna Leave
    22 Mystical Messenger
    23 Real or Fake
    25 Dragon Gate
    26 Death Judge
    29 Slaughterhouse EX
    30 100 Second Stand EX
    32 Very Bored
    33 Monster Trapper
    34 Steadfast
    35 Life Diverged, Again
    36 Crazy Chest
    37 Great Luck
    38 Dragon Gate EX
    39 Consequence
    42 Mystical Messenger
    43 Take Down the Demon
    44 Bomber Mania
    45 Open Sesame... Please?
    47 The Final Stand
    48 Chest of Memories
    58 A Serious Duel

stay on your toes in there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I hate Dragon Gate and Dragon Gate Ex. I always lag in there and the hands don't come up. It's like a 50/50 chance that I make it. I just die randomly in there.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [47] 100 Seconds, Bring It On!
    Stay alive for 100 seconds, same as the previous two 100 second rooms
    Mob in the middle does significatly more AOE dmg (impossible for a 80 Archer)
    If you're not a Barbarian or Cleric, just die and start over
    If you want to try it make sure you have a HP charm, both restoration and HP pots, and possibly damage reduction charms, though I'm not sure if the damage is physical or magic.

Good guide, though for the above point in bold, while it's extremely difficult for 8x archers I wouldn't say it's impossible. I almost tele'd out of room 47 because of this guide saying it was impossible in my early 80's. Of course if you're there you may as well try it. Make sure you have full chi before going in, right after you have taken the quest cast Wings of Grace just in time to be ported in and reduce your damage by 30%, also increasing your speed and allowing you to reach the relative safety of a corner quickly. Here you can aoe (I'd recommend wingspan for knockback effect) quickly to keep those Fate Watchers (I think they're called?) from hitting you and kill them fast, then for the time being your only worry is the thing in the middle.

Cast Winged Shell as often as possible and this handily doubles up to regenerate MP you might need to defend yourself. I'd definitely say this needs to be done with a HP charm on top of HP potions, preferably event pots as without them you might find your charm won't refresh in time to keep you alive, even on top of the WoG (longer cooldown) and Winged Shell unless you have crazy refines for your level. Keep in mind genies too, Tree of Life can literally be a life saver here in the aforementioned case, and if you have enough chi you can always spark, there's a lot you can do to stay on your feet so don't feel bad if you get room 47, it's a nice challenge.

b:bye
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Some people say that force logging after potting or using Tree works quite well in 100 Second Stand rooms. But I have been unable to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »

11 Bored...
    14 I Don't Wanna Leave
    22 Mystical Messenger
    23 Real or Fake
    25 Dragon Gate
    26 Death Judge
    29 Slaughterhouse EX
    30 100 Second Stand EX
    32 Very Bored
    33 Monster Trapper
    34 Steadfast
    35 Life Diverged, Again
    36 Crazy Chest
    37 Great Luck
    38 Dragon Gate EX
    39 Consequence
    42 Mystical Messenger
    43 Take Down the Demon
    44 Bomber Mania
    47 The Final Stand
    48 Chest of Memories
    58 A Serious Duel

I am 12 years old and who is this new girl
    GM :O
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I didn't know that room [30] 100 Second Stand EX was a PK enable room. I wanted to help the other player there killing adds in the corner and I used AoE and killed that player too b:cry
    I felt so sad about that cause I didn't noticed the players name to say sorry. Maybe he/she read here b:pleased
    Anyway, if you are in that room and another player is done, the AoE from the boss stops b:victory

Also wanted to say that people that set the digging to 100 instead of 5 are not just an ****, but a big *******!!! Same with people that PK in other rooms than 14 and 34. And you can always use Do-it All Cards to get out of those rooms without PKing, like I always do b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Any chance a mod or gm can correct the guide with the following corrections?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157802&page=12

A lot of people still think you don't get XP at 90+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mesmerise - Lost City
    Mesmerise - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All of this seem good and interesting but when you take on a job of informing people about a process it would be nice to include all the levels not just the high levels. From what I gather you are telling low levels to not even attempt the challenge until they become a higher level. If the cube can be completed starting at level 40 then give us reasons why or why not to attempt the cube not make it seem like we are incapable of experiencing the cube at low levels. b:angry
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In room 30/40 what's the probability of getting 1 coin or 5 mil???
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »

11 Bored...
    14 I Don't Wanna Leave
    22 Mystical Messenger
    23 Real or Fake
    25 Dragon Gate
    26 Death Judge
    29 Slaughterhouse EX
    30 100 Second Stand EX
    32 Very Bored
    33 Monster Trapper
    34 Steadfast
    35 Life Diverged, Again
    36 Crazy Chest
    37 Great Luck
    38 Dragon Gate EX
    39 Consequence
    42 Mystical Messenger
    43 Take Down the Demon
    44 Bomber Mania
    47 The Final Stand
    48 Chest of Memories
    58 A Serious Duel

pretty sure there was a bit more rooms pk enabled. (dont have the list at work here...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    [49] Prize Raid
    Have 2 minutes to kill as many mobs as you can, each mob is worth 5000 XP and 1000 Spirit

WOW.. GOT TO 49.. and NEVER CLICKED NPC.. GOT NOTHING. WHY ISN"T THAT IN THE STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!..

50 dice + 800k wasted :[
  • RedBuIl - Lost City
    RedBuIl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have been doing the cube every single day for the past like.. 6 months and its fun and really rewarding in terms of lvling.. got to 70 on my psy by cubing and 80 on my BM.. its really worth it GO GO
  • zammygodx
    zammygodx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is true, but when you go inside the cube you should expect to get pked by Enrage/Belial members, they are the most common pkers in PWI.
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello. Got a question here. Does anybody know if the forges in the starting room actually work? Because i have a die from room 16 but i died and cant start over. I guess thats the end or?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if u have the dice and u got killed before clicking on it...you're pretty much screwed

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello. Got a question here. Does anybody know if the forges in the starting room actually work? Because i have a die from room 16 but i died and cant start over. I guess thats the end or?

If it is for example a number 4 die then go to the thrown 4 die forge and find the recipe for a thrown die from room 16 and use it to get back your puzzle cube to start over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It was a die number 1 and i tried the thrown 1 forge but it didnt work. so i guess its bugged then.
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    -.- I'm stuck at room 50. I can't get the quest to finish. Can a GM please PM me in-game.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It was a die number 1 and i tried the thrown 1 forge but it didnt work. so i guess its bugged then.

No it is not bugged. Just take a closer look and you'll find tabs like '2-9', '10+', '20+' at every forge. Just select the one that is coresponding to room that you have dice from.

Cheers
  • soulchamber
    soulchamber Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well cube RLY ROCKS!!! b:dirty
    i make double of the money i spend on it each day b:cute
    the page of pate and the other rewards pay pack u the amt u spent on dice / bully or robber cards. b:laugh[HTML][/HTML]
  • redzepelin
    redzepelin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well cube RLY ROCKS!!! b:dirty
    i make double of the money i spend on it each day b:cute
    the page of pate and the other rewards pay pack u the amt u spent on dice / bully or robber cards. b:laugh[HTML][/HTML]

b:surrender
  • dzen9
    dzen9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:laugh i beat it today b:victoryb:victory
  • _LadyAyia_ - Lost City
    _LadyAyia_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that's all well and good, but what are the trade die forges for? i go to the cube 2 trade one, i have a 2 dice, it says i need a 2 dice, and i cant do anything with it?
    this dungeon is far beyond confusing, (amen for the guide)

but eve more useless is that first room. i was told you could use the furnaces around the perimiter to choose wat rom you went to 1st, but none of them do jack for me, any ideas?
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Any of the 100 Second rooms *EDIT*

I tested this on my BM, using a HP charm, HP pots (at his lvl), and his self buffs.

I started out, before entering the room, with Golden bell buff (was lvl 9 at the time). As I entered the room, i tested out phys extra buff. The dmg was less, but then it became higher.

So when it became higher I switched to mage buff, it became less for one hit, but then afterwards it became stronger.

So, the attacks in any of the 100 seconds room are both Mage and Phys (they switch per hit (if you use BM self buffs)).
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Let it be noted that "Open Sesame...Please?" is PK enabled. ._.

I assumed, since the first Sesame isn't PK-enabed, that the second wasn't either, but that is very wrong. I accidentally killed an assassin with aoe...Needless to say, he was very upset and now wants revenge, even though I apologized and hadn't known...b:surrender
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Open Sesame ...Please " is 45?
    Cause basically every room from 30 up is PK enabled... :)
    Anyway, cube has been a bish lately, Yesterday I did rooms 6-12-11-12-11-12-11-12-11-14 (town portal) - then room 4 and 11 again. Rolled a 6 after and got away.
    Same with 34, it's like there is no way to jump over it now. And cube is a deserted place lately, so waiting to kill someone is not an option. I guess GMs modified something in there to **** ppl over.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seenhit - Dreamweaver
    Seenhit - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this Cube is the biggeset waist of time ever, the effort, time, and money you put into it you can get twice as much outside doing the same things.

good thing i only waisted a bit of money to try it out and find that out the hard way.
  • Dharakaxe - Sanctuary
    Dharakaxe - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nice guide realy helps as i never been there my self before lol ty for guide
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this Cube is the biggeset waist of time ever, the effort, time, and money you put into it you can get twice as much outside doing the same things.

good thing i only waisted a bit of money to try it out and find that out the hard way.

nope, it isn't.
    It's actually a place where you can make money now.
    I make an average of 600k/run.
    I made 2 mils/run, I also made 100k/run.
    But the average is in the ballpark of 600k.

Of course , this happens only once you hit 90, but hey...cube ain't for every newblet out there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.