Cube of Fate Guide

Comments

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I officially hate room 6 now. You can't get out of it no matter what once the boss starts attacking until you or it dies. Unless you're well prepared and very high leveled, it's best to wait until someone else arrives to help.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Drazo it's not really designed for a mid 5x. While it is do-able it is more a matter of luck. There are to many rooms like the one you just mentioned that force you to restart. At 7x that boss is really quite easy, just takes a while.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Other than you can't restart once he starts attacking (town teleportation always gets interrupted).
    Non-mule characters:

• Piliener - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Other than you can't restart once he starts attacking (town teleportation always gets interrupted).

You can just move to the edge of the room and wait he will stop attacking after a bit. The corners usually work the best
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I tried that, it didn't work. :\ Fortunately someone else (and much higher level than me) came in at some point and we managed to take him down much quicker.
    Non-mule characters:

• AnonYnys - Sanctuary
    AnonYnys - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Anyone know how the thrown die forges work? I went up to one with a thrown die in my inventory and clkicked on it and it wouldn't work. b:victory
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    You go to it with whatever room the dice was from. It's then just a matter of matching up the number on the dice.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Anyone know how the thrown die forges work? I went up to one with a thrown die in my inventory and clkicked on it and it wouldn't work. b:victory

The Thrown dice forges are used if you've somehow been teleported out of rooms 2-49, you can trade them back for a new puzzle cube allowing you to restart. There are 4 or 5 tabs on the forges and each correspond to a different room, so find the tab for the room you came from and you can get your cube back. You'll most likely need it if you get killed after you get your dice or a bomb teleports you back to the beginning.
    You can't use it if you've rolled a 5 in room 1 :(.
    I like pie
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    is there a guide for room 50+? some are not clear for me not beeing english and can find nowhere on site an good explenation ^^ any1 know maybe?b:bye
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    is there a guide for room 50+? some are not clear for me not beeing english and can find nowhere on site an good explenation ^^ any1 know maybe?b:bye
    Try youtube it, i know its posted somewhere on this forum but i cant remember. video walkthrough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I finished my Cube video tutorial for Rooms 1-50. I may go back and record some rooms again to get better footage.

Not planning on doing lottery for some time till I get tons of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    WOW! Thank you so very much for writing this amazing guide and for the videos, wowzas!

It's funny because I (lvl 47 veno noob, of course) asked someone today what the Cube was and they simply replied "The darkest depths of hell", and now I can see why. Hahaha! I really don't know if I'll ever be doing this...
  • raynecloud
    raynecloud Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've looked everywhere I can think of and have not found any info on what the odds are for recieving 1m from a golden box or 5mil from a plat box. If anyone has any info or knows where to find, please let us know. Thanks
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    raynecloud wrote: »
    I've looked everywhere I can think of and have not found any info on what the odds are for recieving 1m from a golden box or 5mil from a plat box. If anyone has any info or knows where to find, please let us know. Thanks

PWDatabase has percentages, but PWI does claim the site to be false at times.

They have...

Ecstasy as 10%, Sadness at 90%
    Excitement as 2%, Sadness at 98%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maiya, great work on those vids. Do you mind if I edit them into the OP, crediting you ofcourse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I don't see the problem with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ahhhhh man im mad.

Got to room 47. I QQ'd.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My personal experience with the cube has been:

Not many rooms are a problem to clear.

Some of them stop you dead. "Wait for 6 party members" "Wait for someone to PK"... just not gonna happen, I don't think there ARE six people in the cube at once.

But there's no reward. You spend some celstones and get nothing.
  • Kymura - Harshlands
    Kymura - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My personal experience with the cube has been:

But there's no reward. You spend some celstones and get nothing.

lol?

From the first page:
    Rewards

* XP! At level 70-79, it's worth 350,000 XP and 70,000 spirit IF you reach room 50, at 80+ it's 400k/80k
    * Money. Several rooms have a chance to win either 1 million or 5 million coins
    * Mysterious Chips. Up to 20 per run (5 per room, 4 chip rooms), can be traded for Legendary Molds at the Mysterious Vendor in Thousand Streams City
    * ??????. At 80+ you get a chance to enter the Cube Lottery, but it's still not translated into English, so I'm unsure what the rewards are though database sites do show some legendary gear that comes from the lottery
    * Pages of Fate. At level 90+, you don't get a XP reward for completing the Cube of Fate, but you do get pages that you can trade for your Demon/Sage skill books

Also, they changed this room, its 15 not 10 b:sad
    [48] Chest Unlocker Hardcore
    Open 10 chests, get a die
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This guide has been up for many months and I think it's time to correct a few mistakes.

* Pages of Fate. At level 90+, you get 450k XP for completing the Cube of Fate and you also get pages that you can trade for your Demon/Sage skill books

[12] Choices of Fate
    Receive a random token, either 1 room back, or 4 rooms forward
    Right click to use it like a die

[16] Fight the Demon
    Must kill a very tough mob, only possible with a squad of people in the same room
    Or you can pay 3 dice tickets to bypass the challenge and get a die

[20] Another Choice of Fate
    Receive a random token, either 2 rooms back, or 5 rooms forward

[35] Life Diverged, Again
    Receive a random token, either 3 rooms back, or 6 rooms forward

[43] Take Down the Demon
    Need a squad to kill these mobs, pay 10 Dice Tickets to bypass the challenge

[48] Chest Unlocker Hardcore
    Open 15 chests, get a die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    In truth, at a certain point the only difficult rooms are 14, 34, and 38 (I'm getting way better at this.) Maybe 25 and 27.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In truth, at a certain point the only difficult rooms are 14, 34, and 38 (I'm getting way better at this.) Maybe 25 and 27.

25 difficult? huh? And room 27 can be done easily if you follow Asterelle's method he posted in another thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Eh, not 25, I keep confusing it with Count the Apples EX (can't remember which, is it 28?). You'll have to excuse me, I'm drugged up on cold medicine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Eh, not 25, I keep confusing it with Count the Apples EX (can't remember which, is it 28?). You'll have to excuse me, I'm drugged up on cold medicine.

Haha, of course I do, its fine:P And you might wanna add room 47 for the squishy ones, like me... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My advise for those ppl (especially mage class) having problems passing room 47 is: get vit gear... as much vit/HP as u can, doesnt matter lvl or pdef of the item. Of what ive seen the boss in 100 sec rooms ignores pdef, hit for same 200-300 dmg in room 9, 400-500 dmg in room 30 and 700-900 dmg in room 47. Also in room 47 spam event HP pots, use tree of protection and apo HP pots if necessary, make sure you have 30k + Hp on your charm when entering that room and RUN RUN RUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I think another go around to 47 or any 100 Second Stand room is if another person enters the room the same time as you....

Wait awhile (maybe 90 seconds) then enter. A guildmate was explaining this to me, and I happened to enter ~10 seconds left of the other person. So the mobs and AoE were active. But after she warped out, I was in a corner, and the AoE didn't activate, I'm supposing because when you enter, it aggros the center AoE mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Play to beat the cube, but if you have a chance to get out for just profit, go with that. Many times I've just TPed back to start when I get Bully cards and call that my run for the day. I can sell them and make profit for the next run. Trying to get both profit and win at the same time is pretty much cross-purposes. That's how I was making millions from cube.

The OP should have posted the comments from Seppuku's page as well. We added tips and tricks for beating mobs and rooms easier, cleric part was explained in detail for just about every room.

If people have a hard time with the 2 mobs in 2 mins for ranged being health drained, beat the 1st one up to near death followed by a sleep, stun, or freeze. Then go and actually accept the quest. At that point, kill the 1st guy and move to the 2nd. You now have almost 2 mins to kill one of them.

For the 16 and 43, where 4 are just standing around, you don't need to be in a squad to beat it. I've soloed both the early one, and the final one with my cleric. Was cheaper on charm cost than tickets at the time. However, at least the final one is a PK set room. And fighting a player and the boss is pretty much suicide. Somewhat of a gamble.

Guide was written when Nishtara was in the 80s, that's why it didn't specifically state 450k XP at 90-99. Basically, whatever the first number of your level is, multiply it by 50K xp. That's how much you get.

PK rooms 14 and 34 used to be auto-fails, with only 5-7 people on the server cubing every day. Nowadays you can meet up with someone pretty frequently in there. Doing your cube run during rush times is a way to better the chances of having someone to kill. Also works in reverse, so if low level watch out.

EDIT: As someone already mentioned, plume shell works against the Survive rooms turret's damage. Spam a few ironhearts before accepting the quest, Hit IB 2 more times then plume shield. As soon as you appear, target a mob and Tempest. Will kill all the mobs if decently leveled and full arcane. Hit IB 2 times, move to corner a bit, repeat. Don't want IB to lapse when plumeshield does. Once in corner, just do IB over and over. As full magic cleric, successfully completed charmless at lvl 82 or so. Clerics have the easiest time in all those rooms :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • GreenTyger - Heavens Tear
    GreenTyger - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How do you get out of the Try Your Luck room if you are broke?
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Click Town Portal, bring you back to room 1.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2009

Town Portal. Or if you have a person willing to give you money, squad, and have the person drop 200,000 coins, and 100,000 goes to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.