TideBorn?

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You'll know when we know. Just a word of warning, right now these classes are still under development so any information that you find may be subject to change. We'll most likely post details when everything is confirmed b:victory
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You'll know when we know. Just a word of warning, right now these classes are still under development so any information that you find may be subject to change. We'll most likely post details when everything is confirmed b:victory

the real question is, do ya'll know anything about them in their current state? because granted, what info you have now (probably) will change before they are released, but it (probably) won't change completely... so if ya'll give us what you currently know, we'll at least have alot more basis for our speculations, rather than just guessing, and using rumors from the chinese version b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Unfortunately we cannot release information that has not been confirmed for the release, people tend to get angry when we say one thing and it changes later, even if we warn them beforehand b:chuckle
  • gadan13
    gadan13 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but the new patch with tideborns and new maps is for wath time of the winter? XD
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Unfortunately we cannot release information that has not been confirmed for the release, people tend to get angry when we say one thing and it changes later, even if we warn them beforehand b:chuckle

does this include confirmation on the estimated release date (as i can't seem to find one)? i hear alot of people mentioning various times all in the winter near december...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    does this include confirmation on the estimated release date (as i can't seem to find one)? i hear alot of people mentioning various times all in the winter near december...

Yeah, everything regarding the release date is up in the air since these are still in development. Once a date is determined we will let everyone know
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, everything regarding the release date is up in the air since these are still in development. Once a date is determined we will let everyone know

eh, gotta love contractual silencing b:chuckle

can't wait for it though... i'm getting more and more worked up about the psychic after seeing the info released by viktor88 HERE

sounds awesome, and the ability to give my life for another and add my attack strength to another... b:dirty totally my style, and the invisibility would be none too shabby either... i hope these are put in, cause they would add a whole new dimension to the gameplay b:pleased
    viktor88 wrote: »
    This is just a incomplete translation from Chinese versions. Which has much more info that we do.

Assassin is more like a monk,
    It utilize physical defense and magical attack, low mdef therefore. Elements are fire and earth attacks. It has skills to 1 hit KO BB(Veno pets), this is the biggest threat to phoenix since its birth. It has very fast hp/mp regen rate when sitting. It can give dead character a buff which supposedly after revive by cleric will lose even less experience. Excels in close combat can tank physical bosses.

Skills (Name translation completely unsure, so using numbers)
    1. - 1 hit KO BB
    2. - Basic physical attack
    3. - Increase physical defense
    4. - Aggro skill, once used, members outside squad cannot attack the targeted monster.
    5. - (This one seems a bit fake, but we'll know once its out) Killing any player will not result in red name
    That's all for Monk/Assassin

Psychic apparently can become a summoned BB by veno, and therefore take complete control over it. When leaving the BB psychic will die.

Skills
    1. - Invisible (Time unsure)
    2. - Give your own life to revive one friendly target
    3. - Put all your attack onto friendly target, cannot move or attack during this. Vulnerable to all attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Maybe this update will be our christmas present... b:surrender
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Will we be seeing this in the upcoming update?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21069
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Will we be seeing this in the upcoming update?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21069

looks interesting... what is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I always saw this picture of a girl on the main website and had my suspicions, but after seeing the shadow I think she really might be a TideBorn.

tideborn_maybe.jpg
    The fin-like things sort of remind me of the winged elves' feathery ears.
    What do you think?
    i saw this on page 2 and at the same time i was checking out the tideborn annocement and i saw this
    Tideborn.jpg
    so i think that this picture might very well be a tibeborn but their just not telling us!
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    i saw this on page 2 and at the same time i was checking out the tideborn annocement and i saw this
    -snip image-
    so i think that this picture might very well be a tibeborn but their just not telling us!

holy hell, nice catch! +2 for this b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well the outline of the blue feather ear thingy does seem to match. b:pleased
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009

That big pics been there since the start of the game. The artists render of the head feather is just creepy. Even look at the panda, he got creepy HUMAN SKIN arms....and only his head is panda as opposed to the game barb panda.

>.>
    <.<
    ......"Look at that school of tideborn!"
    would we call them schools if their grouped? >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/itype/291
    hmmm could this be the assasins weapon b:sin

hmmm.. if that's the weapons the assassins are going to use, what type for armor there going to use light or heavy? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sins should use light. Sins ALWAYS use light, at least in Western MMOs. I hope that post someone linked to is true. Well, the part about Psychics becoming Veno pets, that'd be SICK!!! I could see Psychic becoming my new main if that was true, unless maybe Psychics were girls only (Playin' my veno too much messes with my head v.v)
  • johnmer
    johnmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i think that psychic will be like LA/Arcane users.... and their main stat would be int however they convert the damage into physical (at a certain ratio so magic dealers wont whine too much :P) since psychics uses their minds to attack people physically...convertion of MagAtk into Physical dmg would go with the psychic stereotype... also they use psychics to mess with minds therefore confusion might happen as well... Another thing worth mentioning would be mesisng with race's minds would also mean like lowering pdef/mdef....

another cool feature would be like confunding enemies into attacking other monsters... maybe just like a veno but temporarily and have a wide range of monsters to confund... for example, confunding a tauroc slave into attacking nearby enemies and the duration would equal to the mob's hp being drained until the confunded mob dies :P....

assassins: idunno...not really fan of physical types :P
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Whips? No

Assassin's use daggers, they ALWAYS use daggers.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • nitral15
    nitral15 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    anyone know something more about tideborn?
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    johnmer wrote: »
    ...another cool feature would be like confunding enemies...

Taking control of another player in PvP... Your screen turns into his screen. You take control. The owner of the possessed character can only look and despair as you start droping his gear on the group so your teamates can pick it up... b:laugh
  • nitral15
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh tath's a cool idea! XD
  • nitral15
    edited September 2009
    i'm super crazy for new about tideborns or a real image os them b:dirty
  • XXxFOXxXx - Dreamweaver
    XXxFOXxXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    also since a assasin is suposed to eb faster then others it would be great if they could jump 3 times instead of 2 :D right? right?

YA YA YA YA YAb:pleasedb:victory
  • nitral15
    edited September 2009
    I hope PW tell us something soon b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The hype right before the Tideborn were released reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1xTcQwu-8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    Felina - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    (edited) spoons was right, surprises are better, sorry everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    please don't dig through game files for these, this is not really allowed. Surprises are much better than nasty looking texture previews b:chuckle
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    idk if its real but here it is
    according to PW fan-site ecatomb.net, these are wat the assassins look like
    207wzr9.jpg

b:shockedNaked bald girls aren't really my taste. Wait... nope.

I hope the gills don't have to be the same color as the skin.

Anyway...

I want a surfboard mount for a Tideborn

Spoons tell the developers to make surfboards.

Do it

Do it....

plox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Their eyes and mouth style look like FF art pictures, especially the guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Eh... I don't think those screen-caps are real. Just... something about them, mainly their faces, look fake. Like the faces just got copy/pasted onto a colored baseline human sprite.

The coloring may be right -- that, I can't confirm or deny. But the screen-caps themselves look faked. Either that or my online Bull-O-Meeter needs to be recalibrated...
This discussion has been closed.